Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Anyone taking up the club will be looking for mad money to spend anyone.

Theres the bones of about 12 good players at the club but we need more quality, not quantity.

3 or 4 top players and there is a team that can challenge for anything. Ivan and Terry are the only players getting on in years. Costa would be the first one I'd ship out. He has a serious attitude problem and I think he creates a bad atmosphere in the dressing room. Fabregas gets a second chance to prove himself. Hazard comes in for an unfair amount of flak. He dragged us to the title last season, you can't replace players like him. Look at Suarez and Bale, in the right conditions I think he can match those guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

I'd agree. and we've a few fringe players who we could sell to fund the big buys.

We've got to stabilise though and avoid relegation as a priority now.
    This team is not the same as the one Gus inherited last time.
    Very few leaders for a start so it will be enough for him simply to get them to gel and start accumulating points.

Lukker- wrote: »
    3 or 4 top players and there is a team that can challenge for anything. Ivan and Terry are the only players getting on in years. Costa would be the first one I'd ship out. He has a serious attitude problem and I think he creates a bad atmosphere in the dressing room. Fabregas gets a second chance to prove himself. Hazard comes in for an unfair amount of flak. He dragged us to the title last season, you can't replace players like him. Look at Suarez and Bale, in the right conditions I think he can match those guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

peteeeed wrote: »
    new manager ?

CWg2FM0WUAIJcBC.jpg

I wonder what Ivan is whispering in his ear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Its going to be interesting to see who Holland throws into the starting XI on Saturday.

Its weird saying it but its nearly a relegation 6 pointer for us. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Not sure if I'm a fan of Hiddink coming in again temporarily, he was obviously good back in 09 for us but he's failed everywhere since

I'd prefer to see Holland see out the season with us, and get in someone long term in the summer

What if Hiddink does really well with us ? Do we give a near 70 year old the full time position. Similar to LVG he'd wouldn't look at the job long term and it would hinder us long term

If, if, we got Guardiola there's also the problem of whether he'd be here for the long term. He'd obviously be implementing a new style, and would hardly have taken effect in the 3 years he says wants to manage a club for. He had an easy start with Bayern as he got a team that just won the treble, obviously full of quality players.

The fact there's another manager coming in will hurt the chances again of any youths making it to the first team. Jose would have seen the like of RLC, Solanke, Brown etc most weeks in the last 2 and a half years. With youths they sometimes need to be trusted and thrown in the deep end a little, like we all thought Jose would have done this season with RLC. I've little doubt he would have if things were going well, he's the one who brought through Varane at Madrid, and Santon at Inter, didn't he give Santon his first european start against Ronaldo for United when he was 17/18.

I don't know what's going to happen

I'd be happy if the rumours of Drogba coming back are true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Barr wrote: »
    I wonder what Ivan is whispering in his ear.

"Why you sack jose? He played me even when I was playing sheeite!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

So if I'm not guilty of a crime, I am therefore __________

Found not guilty. Doesn't mean you didn't do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

As I've said already get Steve Clarke in as guus's no.2

• Advertisement

Steve Holland and Eddie Newton took training today , expected to be in the dug out tomorrow

Still fannying on about thr Terry Ferdinand incident?

Would ya ever go'ooonnn out of that!

We've much more important things to be discussing round here.
    Bring back Wilkins!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

So if I'm not proven guilty of a crime, I am therefore __________

.. you are therefore not proven guilty. You still haven't told me whether you regard Suarez innocent of any racist slurs?
    bullpost wrote: »
    Can I say that LVG is a wonderful manager.
    You have a real gem there and he adds considerably to the affection that all us non-United fans have for the club.
    Do whatever you can to hold on to him for as long as possible.

I thought it was optimistic posting an honest perspective here as a United fan and not expecting some childish comparisons in return. Funny thing is, you'd be lucky to get a manager of LVG's caliber with the current state your club is in.
    He also should have guided us to the CL 2009 final, and I'm sure we would have beaten United in that final.

all for the biggest disgrace in football history, anyway, Hiddink is the best bet for an interim manager.

Steady on there. Whilst I agree that ye were robbed in what was probably the most disgraceful display of refereeing I've ever seen, ye failed to beat United that season and finished 7 points behind them as they won the league.

.. you are therefore not proven guilty. You still haven't told me whether you regard Suarez innocent of any racist slurs?

I thought it was optimistic posting an honest perspective here as a United fan and not expecting some childish comparisons in return. Funny thing is, you'd be lucky to get a manager of LVG's caliber with the current state your club is in.

Steady on there. Whilst I agree that ye were robbed in what was probably the most disgraceful display of refereeing I've ever seen, ye failed to beat United that season and finished 7 points behind them as they won the league.

Has the racial discrimination discussion on who said what to whom not been done to death at this stage?
    Sweet Jesus, in a week where we lose one of the best managers of the club, we find ourselves reading posts debating over long since passed events.
    It's pointless.

Panthro wrote: »
    Has the racial discrimination discussion on who said what to whom not been done to death at this stage?
    Sweet Jesus, in a week where we lose one of the best managers of the club, we find ourselves reading posts debating over long since passed events.
    It's pointless.

It’s like flogging a dead horse (or donkey in this case)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Garzorico wrote: »
    Thats a problem right there....what would these fans do in Romans/the Boards place? Risk the clubs EPL status because they love the manager who is managing us into relegation? The team should be supported to the hilt tomorrow as per usual. Jose is history, gone, kaput, no more. I hope each and every player goes out and plays a stormer tomorrow and we win every game from here til the end of the season thereafter - if that happens then we'll know Jose was the problem.

I'll be at the game tomorrow and don't see any problem whatsoever acknowledging our most successful manager.

Michael Emeliano should be booted out a leech of the highest order.

The players hopefully cop onto themselves but the fans will remember a chunk of these were not up to the level they should be when needed the most. Certain players they might be seen as undependable when times are tough a major weakness in the game. All the more maddening a side that won the league just months ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Ok more than a few beers down and damn fine Belgian beers at that. Just card me now wtf did Gav say that was so wrong JT went to court due process ensued he was found NOT GUILTY wtf is wrong with you do you not accept due process

I'll be at the game tomorrow and don't see any problem whatsoever acknowledging our most successful manager.

Michael Emeliano should be booted out a leech of the highest order.

The players hopefully cop onto themselves but the fans will remember a chunk of these were not up to the level they should be when needed the most. Certain players they might be seen as undependable when times are tough a major weakness in the game. All the more maddening a side that won the league just months ago.
    Emeliano I do not understand absolute waster that person

I don't mind Emenalo being a scout, but having a role in the hiring/firing and giving interviews is absolute nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

JT26 wrote: »
    I can't believe what I'm reading here !

I know right?!
    Grumpy letting on he's drinking Belgium beers, who's he trying to kid like?!!
    (Just kidding grumpy, you know we love uuuu!)

• Advertisement

Panthro wrote: »
    I know right?!
    Grumpy letting on he's drinking Belgium beers, who's he trying to kid like?!!
    (Just kidding grumpy, you know we love uuuu!)

Actually have to say spell check is amazing and Belgium beer is amazing we need to have a Chelsea fun day out around here and f the begrudges

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Have to say absolutely gutted I hope those primadonna 's are proud of themselves. For me they should be absolutely ashamed of themselves some of them I would hope never pull on a Chelsea shirt again starting with Costa sick of him to be honest.
    Ah the faux outrage is alive and well.
    Actually have to say spell check is amazing and Belgium beer is amazing we need to have a Chelsea fun day out around here and f the begrudges

People will begrudge lotto winners tho.

Bs6icHE.jpg

Bs6icHE.jpg

I'd take that

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

symbolic wrote: »
    Ah the faux outrage is alive and well.

People will begrudge lotto winners tho.

Yes, exactly. Especially if the lotto winner behaves like a complete tool and goads those around him for having less cash to spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

I'd love to see someone like BRodg given the reins. He knows the club, the set up and youth set up. He'd be entertaining also and prob wouldn't demand an extortionate salary (relatively speaking).

On a different note all this 'if the players play well today we'll know it's them that were the problem...boo!' what a crock o cr*p...there's been many a manager sacked and teams have gone on to bigger and better things w/o a witch hunt and rightly so.

5-0 for me today with Remy in instead of Costa

Courtois
    Ivan Terry Cahill Azp
    Mikel Ramieres
    Willian Oscar Hazard
    Remy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I'll take 3 points today.

In any way, shape or form.

We just need to win......against Sunderland......at the Bridge :o

Ok more than a few beers down and damn fine Belgian beers at that. Just card me now wtf did Gav say that was so wrong JT went to court due process ensued he was found NOT GUILTY wtf is wrong with you do you not accept due process

You've bolded it yourself. He wasn't found innocent. He was found not guilty. There wasn't enough evidence put forward to prove beyond a reasonable doubt. But blind Freddie knows that he did it.

You've bolded it yourself. He wasn't found innocent. He was found not guilty. There wasn't enough evidence put forward to prove beyond a reasonable doubt. But blind Freddie knows that he did it.

Take it to PM, this haa been rehashed 5 times over the laat few days. Some people want to talk about ugh football.

• Advertisement

Take it to PM, this haa been rehashed 5 times over the laat few days. Some people want to talk about ugh football.

You a football forum Mod?? If not, do one.

And if youre not proven guilty, therefore you are innocent.

Suarez, well he admitted what he said, not that I really care about Suarezs actions as it didnt effect Chelsea in any way shape or form.

Cant wait to see the starting XI today should be interesting, should be announced soon too

And if youre not proven guilty, therefore you are innocent.

Suarez, well he admitted what he said, not that I really care about Suarezs actions as it didnt effect Chelsea in any way shape or form.

So if I murder someone, and am subsequently found not guilty, I am magically innocent?? Skewed logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Cant wait to see the starting XI today should be interesting, should be announced soon too

Doubt there will be anything ground breaking, no need to rock the boat before Guus takes charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Hiddink appointed til end of season. Disappointed but it is what it is I suppose. Cmon Guus!

So if I murder someone, and am subsequently found not guilty, I am magically innocent?? Skewed logic.

Of course you are. Thats how courts work.

You're innocent until you're proven guiltyand if you are judged to be not guilty, by definition of not being guilty, you are innocent.

Ah Jesus lads.

John Terry was found to have made a racist comment. Granted, it was on the balance of probabilities, and he was not convicted in a forum where it had to be proved beyond reasonable doubt.

But there was a finding. He did it. Claiming he didn't do it is rewriting history.

hots wrote: »
    Doubt there will be anything ground breaking, no need to rock the boat before Guus takes charge.

He'll have had no say in the team anyway, all Holland.

I'm expecting

Courtois
    Ivan Zouma JT Azp
    Matic Ramires
    Willian Oscar Hazard
    Remy

I'd prefer something else though

• Advertisement

Soon as I hear the team news I'm off out for the 12pubs....enjoy the clusterf**k, whether it be 3, 1 or 0 points. :o

I wonder will Hiddink be at the game today.

CWl91zlWwAE6XiH.jpg

hiddinks at todays game

Barr wrote: »
    I wonder will Hiddink be at the game today.

See below :o

You're innocent until you're proven guiltyand if you are judged to be not guilty, by definition of not being guilty, you are innocent.

OK, you have the entire internet. Can you find me one, just one, case where a judge found someone "innocent". It doesn't happen, never has never will.

Jimmy Hill has passed away too. :o

• Advertisement

IF i accuse you of being a pedophile but you are found not guilty of it that means you aren't innocent LOL and you are taking skewed logic

You're innocent until you're proven guilty and if you are judged to be not guilty, by definition of not being guilty, you are innocent.

OK, you have the entire internet. Can you find me one, just one, case where a judge found someone "innocent". It doesn't happen, never has never will.

I never said found innocent, I said not guilty.

Team is :

Courtois; Ivanovic, Zouma, Terry, Azpilicueta; Matic, Fabregas; Willian, Oscar, Pedro; Costa

Begovic, Cahill, Baba Rahman, Mikel, Ramires, Traore, Remy

No Hazard, Kenedy, RLC

OK, you have the entire internet. find me one, just one, case where a judge found someone "innocent". It doesn't happen, never has never will.

Seem as you're mad eager to continue this discussion, despite the fact that nobody in the Chelsea Super thread has any zip a doo interest in discussing it with you, may I suggest you either start up your own thread on the subject and see who wants to chit chat with you.
    Let the rest of us in here, you know, not be subjected to reading through your posts on a subject that's been done to death.
    Oh hey, there's a legal forum ask those guys what the craic is!
    Tooodles poodles!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement