Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'm out, going to say a nervous 2-1 to us with the crowd chanting Joses name throughout the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Dissappointed not to see any RLC, but I had a feeling they weren't going to ruffle any feathers, they are only around for 1 game so no point creating tensions with players who they'll have to work with in the future. I wonder is Hazard injured or dropped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

GavRedKing wrote: »
    No Hazard, Kenedy, RLC

Presumably Haz down as injured?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

IF i accuse you of being a pedophile but you are found not guilty of it that means you aren't innocent LOL and you are taking skewed logic

Exactly, a judge would never find me innocent. A court has 2 options guilty if there is evidence beyond a reasonable doubt, or not guilty if there isn't evidence beyond a reasonable doubt.

Just because there is a lack of evidence, it doesn't make someone innocent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

hots wrote: »
    Presumably Haz down as injured?

Yeah , Chelsea tv on now , saying hip problem

Panthro wrote: »
    Seem as you're mad eager to continue this discussion, despite the fact that nobody in the Chelsea Super thread has any zip a doo interest in discussing it with you, may I suggest you either start up your own thread on the subject and see who wants to chit chat with you.
    Let the rest of us in here, you know, not be subjected to reading through your posts on a subject that's been done to death.
    Oh hey, there's a legal forum ask those guys what the craic is!
    Tooodles poodles!

Here's an idea. Stop the backseat modding, which is against forum rules. People are engaging and discussing with me. If you don't like it, report the post and let the mods deal with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Mod:

Ok, folks, easy does it. The JT thing is only going in circles that are starting to warm up :(. Everyone has stated their opinion and where the line in the sand is. Time to bury it there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

It must be amazing to never have said something you regret in the heat of the moment. I believe fully that terry said what he was alleged to have said but I don't for one second think he is racist.

I don't know why I'm even bothering to argue this point again, can't actually believe someone even bothered to bring it up considering all the sticks they could beat us this week.

Back to football ,
    Chelsea tv are saying its a 4 3 3
    With matic in a holding role Oscar and fabregas ahead of him
    Front 3 of Willian, pedro , Costa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

peteeeed wrote: »
    Back to football ,
    Chelsea tv are saying its a 4 3 3
    With matic in a holding role Oscar and fabregas ahead of him
    Front 3 of Willian, pedro , Costa

I'd be fairly surprised if there's anything significantly different in reality. Not enough time or upside.

• Advertisement

Drogba sat beside Roman and guus

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Apologies, I posted this prior to reading the mod note.

Mod: apology accepted, unfortunately it still has to be edited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Feeling underwhelmed watching this match.

This week has taken a lot out of me Chelsea-wise and just wanted a win whatever way it was going to come. Nice to be ahead but it all just feels a bit surreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

2-0 after 12 mins. :eek:

I think the guy who predicted 5-0 was onto something.

Most direct I've seen ya play in a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Fûck off Chelsea
    2-0 after 12 mins
    Playing now that Mourinho is gone ??

4-3-3 seems to suit us much better.

Fûck off Chelsea
    2-0 after 12 mins
    Playing now that Mourinho is gone ??

I've mixed feelings about that, on one hand Jose must have created a very poisonous atmosphere but those players certainly weren't playing for the club, fans or even there wages.

There's also the possibility they were being professional and following Jose's system. Now he's gone they're playing without the shackles in a more natural 4 3-3 direct simple stuff. (Which should work against Sunderland. Against a quality team though is a whole other matter.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Certainly some of the difference is players playing for Steve Holland who were consciously operating at half-speed (yes, Costa, I'm looking at you) under Mourinho. But perhaps Holland is more of a Ancelotti mind - if a team is there to be taken, take them. Put them to the sword.

I'd say the odds of Jose rocking up at old Trafford have shortened significantly following today's game too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Installed in OT in time for our visit?

Fully expect all the moral united fans to burn their jerseys . Mata must be sh!tting himself

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Who wants the job of finding all the Utd fans posts saying their club is too classy for Jose?

So funny, United fans ripping Jose all season and they are now practically begging for him.

• Advertisement

Back up to 14th where we belong.

• Who wants the job of finding all the Utd fans posts saying their club is too classy for Jose?
    Il help you ;)

Serious note;
    For me his behavior this season has been downright appalling.

And also his brand of football at times can be boring as hell. But hey sure I have been watching Utd this season so anythings better that that and I'm sure he would get some initial success with the current squad of players.

CL next year is the biggest concern for me right now so if he did come in i'd say at the very least he would achieve this.

Would be fairytale stuff if his first match in charge was Chelsea lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Who wants the job of finding all the Utd fans posts saying their club is too classy for Jose?

Anyone who dosent want Jose at their club is a fool who fakes embarrassment about players behaviour and can't handle the 'banter' when it goes to pot.

Anyone who dosent want Jose at their club is a fool who fakes embarrassment about players behaviour and can't handle the 'banter' when it goes to pot.

I would HATE Mourinho at my club. He is toxic.

I would HATE Mourinho at my club. He is toxic.

pot meet kettle

• Advertisement

Carlo is going to be announced as Bayern manager in the next few days.

So that's most likely Pep to City, Jose to United.

Who do we bring in?

Lukker- wrote: »

Who do we bring in?

Pellegrini :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Who do we bring in?

Vialli :)

Who do we bring in?

Ranieri

Edit: Don't think United will touch Mou

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

If there are no clauses blocking the appointment, United would be insane not to consider him.

Essien wrote: »
    If there are no clauses blocking the appointment, United would be insane not to consider him.

Poor mata

duploelabs wrote: »
    Poor mata

Re-sign him for a cut price. Everybody wins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

duploelabs wrote: »
    Poor mata

come home Mata!! :D

Oscar was outstanding today, the deeper role allowed him more time and space to pick a pass or drive at them. I thought he was at the heart of all our good play. I don't agree with booing the players either, yes Costa and Fabregas have been sh*te, but so have the whole team bar 1 or 2. Get behind them and move forward, if they haven't show anything by the summer then we can sell them. No one is bigger then the club (including Jose).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Simone would be the perfect manager for us.

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »
    Simone would be the perfect manager for us.

Yeah that who I expect we'll get, or possibly Allegri.

I like Simeone but his teams can play some very ugly football, worse then Mourinho at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I like Simeone but his teams can play some very ugly football, worse then Mourinho at times.

That's the thing I'm not sure Simone is what Abramovich would want. But who else is there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

So what did Pep say anyway today ?

Regarding Simeone , he would be a disaster, he can't speak english and he won't learn it, nor will he adapt to the english game.

Ranieri ironically would be a great choice.

Allegri is a great shout. Hadn't thought of him. Think Simeone will stay continental for a while.

No disrespect to Chelsea but your club is in a volatile state for managers. Allegri is in my view heavily underrated. I'd rather he went somewhere other than Chelsea to build a bigger reputation. The Chelsea position, is rightly or wrongly a poison chalice. :(

Turtwig wrote: »
    No disrespect to Chelsea but your club is in a volatile state for managers. Allegri is in my view heavily underrated. I'd rather he went somewhere other than Chelsea to build a bigger reputation. The Chelsea position, is rightly or wrongly a poison chalice. :(

Hard to know. New money is generally not patient. But allegedly it was Real-United that made Roman fall in love with football, so maybe if a manager came in and played out and out attacking football, even falling short for a season or two, he might stick with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Il help you ;)

Serious note;
    For me his behavior this season has been downright appalling.

And also his brand of football at times can be boring as hell. But hey sure I have been watching Utd this season so anythings better that that and I'm sure he would get some initial success with the current squad of players.

CL next year is the biggest concern for me right now so if he did come in i'd say at the very least he would achieve this.

Would be fairytale stuff if his first match in charge was Chelsea lol

Would be pretty strange both sets of supporters singing a managers name.. I dread him rocking up at you guys years of glory will follow and I for one will be as jealous as ****.
    On the upside I can join the pretend outrage brigade who feel Jose is the devil incarnate and would hate him at their club (it's not a real upside as I really do want him at my club).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Turtwig wrote: »

In fairness even though I do not think Jose should have been sacked do you not think Roman was patient most managers would have been hauled ashore long since. Whilst he always was a bit trigger happy I think he really wanted Josecto succeed and that could stand him on good stead that he wants continuity.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement