Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• GavRedKing wrote: »
    Express running with Jose to Utd to replace LVG on a 5 year deal.

FWIW, I think its only a matter of time before that happens anyway.

Good god madness to give him 5 years

2 at the most and see how it goes from there...if it happens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

So imagine if for next season we had :

Man City : Pep
    Man U : Jose
    Chels : Pelligrino

madness...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

madness...

Well we went with having the best manager available to possibily having the most underwhelming of the "top quality" candidates.

Some turn around, although this season has had those type of moments.

Just on Pep, I dont think he'd be the instant success he was at Barca or Bayern.

He was lucky enough to inhert the 2 best sides in the league, granted there was a bit more work to do with Barca but his first season they won a treble and Messi isnt a bad player to buid your success on.

Point is, hes always had teams with excellent wealth and the best squad in that league, hes been par for the course at Bayern IMO, anyone could get that Bayern squad to win a league, what hes not done is push them on in Europe, Heynckes had them in 2 finals back to back, winning one of them. Pep hasnt got past the semi final with Bayern, so having easily the best squad and biggest financial backing hes arguably, at least on a European stage, dragged Bayern backwards.

Now, no team in the EPL is as dominant as Barca or Bayern and theres no stand out player to build a team around, the money at the top end is close enough between Utd, City, Arsenal and Chelsea and the squads, are largely of similar quality, I'd love to see Pep in the EPL to see how he'd get on but I reckon he'll end up at PSG, another league where you can play well for 20 games and have the title wrapped up by Febraury and bring them to a UCL SF while having a near infinite pool of money to dip into and a squad thats superior to anything English clubs have to offer.

Thats just my 2 cents and he could end up at City, Utd, Arsenal or Chelsea next year but I wouldnt expect miracles if he did.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Good god madness to give him 5 years

2 at the most and see how it goes from there...if it happens

Ya know contracts mean nothing, especially managerial ones.

When he first signed for us I think it was on a 3 year deal and then got a 4 year deal the summer just gone.

If he takes over and Utd want rid of him in 3 years, itll be a case of just signing the cheque and handing over the P45.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Well we went with having the best manager available to possibily having the most underwhelming of the "top quality" candidates.

Some turn around, although this season has had those type of moments.

Not that I agreed with Jose's sacking, but one of the best is no good if the players won't work for him.

I'd rather a decent manager with players (especially this bunch) giving 110%..

Not that I agreed with Jose's sacking, but one of the best is no good if the players won't work for him.

I'd rather a decent manager with players (especially this bunch) giving 110%..

Said the other day, theres going to be a split in the dressing room, even if the players acknoweldge it and say work together, theres going to be those that opposed Jose and those who were on his side, and I can imagine those who backed him will look down on those who were against him.

Its only natural. If theres true player power at the clubm JT is the last left that would have any say, if he tells Emenalo or the board that X, Y or Z is a bad influence and could effect morale or be poor for a new manager, that player will be out on his hoop in the summer IMO.

Dont know if it was posted but Cech said he was right to leave Stamford Bridge given how the season has turned out for him and Chelsea.

Good one mate, you were benched for a superior GK. Club legend my balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Dont know if it was posted but Cech said he was right to leave Stamford Bridge given how the season has turned out for him and Chelsea.

Good one mate, you were benched for a superior GK. Club legend my balls.

It's been paraphrased that he said that. I'm not sure he actually said what has been implied by that paraphrase though. He still spoke with regret about having to leave. It was the right time for him to leave. But because he mentioned Chelsea are doing badly people appear to be linking the two. The tabloids aren't helping either.
    Any way I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

On the subject of pep he won the 2nd division with Barca b. They dominated it. It may not seem much but Barca b wasn't exactly loaded with stars. Many of the "main" players were at the peaks of their careers with little hope for first xi football in any of the top tier leagues in Europe. That he managed to convince those players to work with potential upcoming superstars is something that goes heavily underrated imo.

• Advertisement

I'd be very interested to see what Pep could do any way with an inferior squad and more competition.

Thats no matter where he ends up, Manchester or London.

Ya know contracts mean nothing, especially managerial ones.

When he first signed for us I think it was on a 3 year deal and then got a 4 year deal the summer just gone.

If he takes over and Utd want rid of him in 3 years, itll be a case of just signing the cheque and handing over the P45.

Why would utd want to piss away a big payoff to mourihnio if things didn't work out after two years

Given his current track record of falling out with clubs after a couple of seasons 5 years doesn't make sense so just give him a max of 3 years and the financial loss is decreased

Why would utd want to piss away a big payoff to mourihnio if things didn't work out after two years

Given his current track record of falling out with clubs after a couple of seasons 5 years doesn't make sense so just give him a max of 3 years and the financial loss is decreased

Very rarely will clubs end up paying off the remainder of the contract though.

Not that it will matter to any if the big clubs who they bring in and sack.

Duff has retired from football, had a good sepll with us.

The combo of Duff and Robben was exciting as hell back in the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Contracts these days are much smarter. Most contracts just continue to pay out until the person finds a new job if they are sacked. It's why Mourinho turned down any compensation from Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Lukker- wrote: »
    Contracts these days are much smarter. Most contracts just continue to pay out until the person finds a new job if they are sacked. It's why Mourinho turned down any compensation from Chelsea.

Mouriniho turned down compensation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Something I heard which you probably heard too, was Eva was with 3 players during pre season, Terry found out about it, went to Jose he told them to sort out amongst themselves, players upset as they saw Jose as a father figure.
    JT challenged the players, they told him to do one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

smuckers wrote: »
    Something I heard which you probably heard too, was Eva was with 3 players during pre season, Terry found out about it, went to Jose he told them to sort out amongst themselves, players upset as they saw Jose as a father figure.
    JT challenged the players, they told him to do one.

Hang on ... John Terry was preaching about players keeping it in the trousers ? .... John Terry. :pac:

That shouldn't even dignify a response but do you not think that she suffered enough without spouting tabloid rubbish about her?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

I don't know what to believe, but I will tell you one thing, it was brimming for a while, that incident wasn't just a spur of the moment outburst from Jose

The ever reliable Daily Fail spouting nonsense again saying Roman is willing to buy Messi and give into any demands that guardiola wants including signing upto 10 players. :pac:

Good one.

• Advertisement

The ever reliable Daily Fail spouting nonsense again saying Roman is willing to buy Messi and give into any demands that guardiola wants including signing upto 10 players. :pac:

Good one.

I think any manager who comes in will want to bring in a contingent of his own players. I think this has less to do with the quality of the players and more to do with the perceived notion of player power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

I think any manager who comes in will want to bring in a contingent of his own players. I think this has less to do with the quality of the players and more to do with the perceived notion of player power.

I'd agree we'd probably need about 6-8 players but thats with losing about 3 or 4.

If the figure is correct and I dont believe for a second it is, 10 players is a crazy amount as you'd imagine not all of them will be squad filler.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

madness...

Who's this Pellegrino character?

Sheepy99 wrote: »

I think its what some reporter or manager called Pellegrini before.

Who would have taught back in August that we'd have a two way battle at the top between Arsenal and Leicester. :o

If you're a betting man, theres only one winner in that dual and the title is staying in the capital, about time too for the Gunners, theyve a great chance of winning a title this year with City suffering injuries every week, Utd being poor and Chelsea being beyond useless.

Not to take away from them either, theyve a fantastic squad and its all lining up for them to take the title this year if they can keep up the good performances.

Be great craic if Leicester win it though, to upset the apple cart.

• Sheepy99 wrote: »

It's Italian Mineral Water :P

Who would have taught back in August that we'd have a two way battle at the top between Arsenal and Leicester. :o

If you're a betting man, theres only one winner in that dual and the title is staying in the capital, about time too for the Gunners, theyve a great chance of winning a title this year with City suffering injuries every week, Utd being poor and Chelsea being beyond useless.

Not to take away from them either, theyve a fantastic squad and its all lining up for them to take the title this year if they can keep up the good performances.

Be great craic if Leicester win it though, to upset the apple cart.

Might cause an Arsenal Fan meltdown bonanza if this happens

Might cause an Arsenal Fan meltdown bonanza if this happens

We've Leicester last day of the season, if they need a win to claim the title, ya might see a roll over. :o

Cesc is claiming against Pat Nevin for saying that it was Cesc who would rather lose than win for Jose.

Pat being a bit of a Chelsea legend, despite his somewhat stupid articles, isnt going to really win over any fans who doubt Cesc but if he feels so strongly about these claims, then so be it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Cesc is claiming against Pat Nevin for saying that it was Cesc who would rather lose than win for Jose.

Pat being a bit of a Chelsea legend, despite his somewhat stupid articles, isnt going to really win over any fans who doubt Cesc but if he feels so strongly about these claims, then so be it.

i saw that , not a good move

https://twitter.com/PatNevin/status/678564697638047744

peteeeed wrote: »

If he feels so strongly about it, I'd say go for it. Hes trying to clear his name from it but it wont exactly help him win people over.

Jose personally met Cesc to sign him and convince him to join Chelsea too and Cesc has wished him well on social media, I'd imagine he wasnt one of those against Jose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

If he feels so strongly about it, I'd say go for it. Hes trying to clear his name from it but it wont exactly help him win people over.

Jose personally met Cesc to sign him and convince him to join Chelsea too and Cesc has wished him well on social media, I'd imagine he wasnt one of those against Jose.

hopefully this will put it to bed

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/12/pat-nevin--Merely-asking.html

Given how Cescs handled himself in the last few weeks I'd say he'll probably drop the action against Nevin after that column.

Build bridges and get on with it now.

Watford next which as we seen against Liverpool, will be no mugs. Theyre another promoted team, like Leicester, using pace and power and having 2 CFs.

They'll cause us problems and the game itself could find us in serious trouble if we dont hit the ground running, another 3 ots would be a great xmas present before we go up to Old Trafford and f**k knows what we'll get up there given how inconsistent and blunt Utd can be, but we're hardly a team capable, at this moment anyway, of putting up much resistance to even the weakest of attacks.

I'd love 6 points though and we need to rotate the squad too given the turn around timem in games in the next 2 weeks.

Will Costa finally be dropped and Remy given a shot? Will Hazard suddenly realise hes noy injured and bother to turn up? Time will tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

I'd give Costa one more game to redeem himself, and if not, I'd give Remy an extended run of games.
    Watford next which as we seen against Liverpool, will be no mugs. Theyre another promoted team, like Leicester, using pace and power and having 2 CFs.

They'll cause us problems and the game itself could find us in serious trouble if we dont hit the ground running, another 3 ots would be a great xmas present before we go up to Old Trafford and f**k knows what we'll get up there given how inconsistent and blunt Utd can be, but we're hardly a team capable, at this moment anyway, of putting up much resistance to even the weakest of attacks.

I'd love 6 points though and we need to rotate the squad too given the turn around timem in games in the next 2 weeks.

Will Costa finally be dropped and Remy given a shot? Will Hazard suddenly realise hes noy injured and bother to turn up? Time will tell.

bullpost wrote: »
    I'd give Costa one more game to redeem himself, and if not, I'd give Remy an extended run of games.

I'd agree but mainly because I'd prefer to have Remy playing against Utd with his pace.

Bourenmouth are at home to Palace
    WBA are away to Swansea
    Southampton host Arsenal

If we win and results go our way we'll be up to 12th. :o

Or, if results go agaisnt we could be in 18th :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

bullpost wrote: »

I wouldn't he has done nothing to suggest he has any sort of form or desire to play for the club.

Drop him now play Remy and flog him to anyone come January.

• Advertisement

Watford are doing exceptionally well this year, theyve not scored many, like ourselves, its only 21 goals but theyve only shipped 16 which is pretty remarkable.

To win this game we'll need to be seriously clued in both in attack and defence, given how likely it is for us to give them chances.

That whole Nevin/Fabregas thing should have been sorted with a phone call. Isn't he a columnist for the club? Silly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Am I alone in saying, given the other unproved un-english speaking high-end managers out there (conte, etc), that Pep is our only reasonable option?

duploelabs wrote: »
    Am I alone in saying, given the other unproved un-english speaking high-end managers out there (conte, etc), that Pep is our only reasonable option?

No, its a serious concern of mine and i said it in the Pep thread, with utd likely to get Jose and Carlo going to Bayern, i expect Pep to go to City leaving us with limited options.

Unless in the mean time guys like Conte, Allegri or Simeone can be turned and also learn english.

The times reporting Hiddink has been told to introduce more youth and has soent time with the U21s.

Given the season is all but over id like to see more youths in the 1st team but i wont see it until i believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

The times reporting Hiddink has been told to introduce more youth and has soent time with the U21s.

Given the season is all but over id like to see more youths in the 1st team but i wont see it until i believe it.

Chance would be a fine thing shame that baker, Christensen, Kalas, Solenke, Chalobah wont be used as part of this but hopefully RLC, Kenedy and Traore at least will be given a chance to see what the cut of their jib is. You cannot really judge on the amount of game time so far.

• Advertisement

Chance would be a fine thing shame that baker, Christensen, Kalas, Solenke, Chalobah wont be used as part of this but hopefully RLC, Kenedy and Traore at least will be given a chance to see what the cut of their jib is. You cannot really judge on the amount of game time so far.

I think given a run of starts, Kenedy would be immense for next season, he was clearly kept by Jose for a purpose. The arrival of Pedro probably stunted his growth in terms of game time but he does look like he could be a good player for us.

RC is a weird one, he was the best player for us in the Villa game in the 1st half and hes barely featured since.

Now, clearly a season trying to battle and keep his job bfrom Jose, didnt help the youths chances but hopefully once Hiddink settles the ship he becomes less afraid of throwing them into games.

We all know theres nothing to play for as it stands, 4th is too far away and winning the UCL is a no go for us this year barring an even bigger miracle than 2012.

Might aswell settle the ship, get a few wins and give youths a run out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

We are 11 points from 4th. Knock a few wins together and we'll be within striking distance. While not too optimistic I wouldn't rule it out entirely.

We are capable of going unbeaten for the rest of the season.

Garzorico wrote: »
    We are 11 points from 4th. Knock a few wins together and we'll be within striking distance. While not too optimistic I wouldn't rule it out entirely.

We are capable of going unbeaten for the rest of the season.

I was thinking as much yesterday and we've to play the current 4th placed Spurs at the bridge, that'll be 8 points to to them providing we match them point for point until then.
    I'm not overly optimistic but it's by no means unassailable, let's start by catching liverpool.

All I want for Christmas is two consecutive wins in the premier league.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

All I want for Christmas is two consecutive wins in the premier league.

As a United fan, all we want is one :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement