Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Lord TSC wrote: »
    As a United fan, all we want is one :(

You'll be alright, Jose will come, win a couple of trophys then fall out with either team or board, get sacked and you start back at square one again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Lukker- wrote: »
    All I want for Christmas is two consecutive wins in the premier league.

Remember those days in April and May when you'd win 2, if you were lucky 3 games in a row.

those were the good old days. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Kudos did actually laugh at that.

Who would have seen United & Chelsea's plight, funny old game football as Jimmy Greaves used to say.

So as most people have already broken up for happy hols and more going today what is the pre Christmas guess at the team against the Reg Dwight XI I will take a mad punt at

TBo
    Ivan, Happy, JT, Dave
    Matic, Cesc
    Willian, Hazard, Oscar
    Costa

And that team will be deliberately named to spoil my Christmas.

I would prefer

TBo
    Dave, Happy, JT, Baba II
    Matic, RLC
    Willian, Pedro, Kenedy
    Remy

But there is no way that will happen

I'm still here :pac:

Beat Watford and I'll be delighted, beat Utd after that and it will be like Christmas 2016 has come nearly 12months early.

Be interesting to see how the team gets on against two much better sides than Sunderland, so hopefully continue on from the good attacking play against Sunderland but also build on the shakey defence that was still evident against Sunderland also.

Hiddink will probably for the first 2 or 3 months turn to the senior players so for Watford it will probably be the same team that played against Sunderland.

Courtois
    Ivan Zouma JT Azp
    Matic Cesc
    Willian Oscar Pedro
    Costa

Not sure if Hazard is injured or just dropped so will have to wait and see.

We've only won one away game all year, up at the Hawthorns against WBA so its a very tall order to go and do it at Utd, IMO. However, bring in some confidence from the Sunderland and Watford game and you never know but before we plan 3 wins on the spin, lets try and get 2 league wins in a row under our belts.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I'm still here :pac:

Beat Watford and I'll be delighted, beat Utd after that and it will be like Christmas 2016 has come nearly 12months early.

Be interesting to see how the team gets on against two much better sides than Sunderland, so hopefully continue on from the good attacking play against Sunderland but also build on the shakey defence that was still evident against Sunderland also.

Hiddink will probably for the first 2 or 3 months turn to the senior players so for Watford it will probably be the same team that played against Sunderland.

Courtois
    Ivan Zouma JT Azp
    Matic Cesc
    Willian Oscar Pedro
    Costa

Not sure if Hazard is injured or just dropped so will have to wait and see.

We've only won one away game all year, up at the Hawthorns against WBA so its a very tall order to go and do it at Utd, IMO. However, bring in some confidence from the Sunderland and Watford game and you never know but before we plan 3 wins on the spin, lets try and get 2 league wins in a row under our belts.

Ah well someone has to keep the wheels of Irish industry turning over I guess.

Yes sadly I do think it will be a case of SSDD with the team selection I would just love Gus to make a statement right off the bat, you play if you deserve to you watch if you don't.

Ah well someone has to keep the wheels of Irish industry turning over I guess.

Yes sadly I do think it will be a case of SSDD with the team selection I would just love Gus to make a statement right off the bat, you play if you deserve to you watch if you don't.

I think the team that beat Sunderland should be given another go, with maybe the exception of Costa, Remy brings a different threat so I'd consider replacing Costa, either way, one of them has to play vs Watford and the other vs Utd.

After Utd away we've another high flyer away, Palace. Then its Scunthorpe in the Fa Cup at home, followed by WBA and Everton at home, Arsenal away and that makes up our January.

No easy fixtures, in the league anyway so we've to play our way into form quickly if we want to start picking up points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

If all fit I'd like to see this team against Watford.

TBo
    Dave, Cahill, JT, Ivanovic
    Matic, Oscar
    Willian,Hazard,Pedro
    Remy

That front 3 behind the striker should have teams trembling for j*ysis sake.

Another shackles off stonking performance from Oscar and we'll be away in a hack.

I'd dump Costa first chance in January.

I think everyone will get a clean slate under Hiddink, well they should anyway.

So if theyre willing to work hard and perform reguarly they should play, if they dont do either, I'd start dropping players.

Part of me thinks he'll play Cahill too but I'm dreading it if he does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

hopefully guus will recreate his previous spell
    i remember the last few games where the whole of SB was singing 'guus we want you to sign'

• Advertisement

peteeeed wrote: »
    hopefully guus will recreate his previous spell
    i remember the last few games where the whole of SB was singing 'guus we want you to sign'

1 loss and 3 draws out of about 24 games was remarkable in fairness.

Hiddinks press conference is starting now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

Thoughts on January's transfer targets?

If we go and sign a few players who is making the call Guus or the board? I'm sure the next manager will want full control of the squad and rightly so

redman85 wrote: »
    Thoughts on January's transfer targets?

If we go and sign a few players who is making the call Guus or the board? I'm sure the next manager will want full control of the squad and rightly so

The board made the calls in the summer it seems so no reason to let Guus spend anything.

FWIW, I dont think we'll see any incomings in January unless someone wants out.

AS I said, I dont think we'll get near top 4 and we wont get relegated, given we've no UCL football next year, plow on with this squad and dont waste money, January is always a terrible time to buy players, with only a handful of exceptions.

guus pres conf (a long one)

"I'm glad to be here and to work with the players is always a pleasure."

He says it won't be easy to fix the team's problems immediately

it was good to see what the players could do against Sunderland

'We cannot ignore what has happened in the past but I have asked the players to give their best and look forward now.'

stresses the significance of desire in the squad.

there have been no stipulations over January signings. He adds he wants to see what will happen in the next few games.

"I spoke fully to the squad yesterday, about why I'm here. I want the players to look in mirror and ask how they can help."

"Let's go into the next few games and we'll see about signing players in January"

he cannot guarantee three points every week but he wants to help the players show their desire to the club and the fans. #

he wants to make judgements on the players based on what he sees rather than what others say or have said.

It's not easy to fix. Sometimes after a championship you relax and get a wake-up call."

"It was frightening for everyone at the club to see Chelsea so close to the relegation zone."

it is mathematically possible to get the team in to the top four but the strength of the league will make it difficult

the league has become more competitive since he was here in 2009

"If you don't have a desire to play, then please knock on my door and we will talk briefly.

'I have a lot of respect for Watford. They are very disciplined, they have two very dangerous strikers.

on Drogba: "He's a legend. All the clubs have ambsassadors. They help the brand."

Chelsea players need to show a big desire to 'wash away' the last half year

on Jose: "I've a lot of respect but things happen in football. People take decisions

he likes to have a strong spine with players who can lead and adapt during games.

Eden Hazard trained for the first time today but not for the full session

"Eden Hazard is a key player for Belgium and he can be a key player here.

he gets a thrill in his stomach when he goes on to the pitch to work with the players.

he will re-assess his position at the end of the season

"We said let's go to May and then we'll see what will happen

"If the youth players show they are capable I will not rule out giving them a chance

.......and breath. :pac:

Saying all of the rights things anyway, its a new start for the players theyve to help him as much as hes going to help them.

I can only imagine if we do sign anyone in January it will be a board decision with a view to the future, like Stones for example, not that I think we'll get him but just using him as an example.

"If you don't have a desire to play, then please knock on my door and we will talk briefly.

"If the youth players show they are capable I will not rule out giving them a chance

Two big areas, if you dont want to tplay, basically sling your hook.

Another being the youth, they#ll only show theyre capable if they play. :o

The Watford game is probably too soon for Eden, he might make the Utd game but I'd probably keep him for the Palace away game.

• Advertisement

Statement from fabregas
    I'm pleased that Pat Nevin and the BBC have now apologised and corrected their comments. I can reiterate that I had an exceptionally good relationship with Jose Mourinho as I will aim to have with any coach that I play for. The football club is more important than any one player. We have all let the manager and club down this year as a collective unit. We will get this right of that I am sure. With all your help we can put this period behind us and make @chelsea great again.

Statement from fabregas
    I'm pleased that Pat Nevin and the BBC have now apologised and corrected their comments. I can reiterate that I had an exceptionally good relationship with Jose Mourinho as I will aim to have with any coach that I play for. The football club is more important than any one player. We have all let the manager and club down this year as a collective unit. We will get this right of that I am sure. With all your help we can put this period behind us and make @chelsea great again.

Brilliant, thats one fire out and dealt with. ITs amazing that the one player that was meant to rather lose than win has been the most vocal in the media in a) his support for Jose and b) his support for the club.

Where is Costa and Hazard in all this? I'm willing to give Costa the benefit of the doubt slightly, he barely speaks English but Hazard? Thats another story.

One thing is clear though, both, towards the end had issues with Jose, Costa was seriously unprofessional coming back pretty overweight for a top class CF and Hazard did too, if ya look back at the training pics from America.

We need both to perform until May and after that they can both f**k off if they really want to. Cost acan go back to Madrid and Hazard can move back to France to PSG. If I was in charge and both were acting up and not putting the effort in through the rest of the season, theyed both be sent to the reserves and ordered to play out their contracts which are about 3 and 4 years respectively.

The express said Teixeria for £30m is a done deal but its the Express so its a load of tripe.

One thing that would be interesting is if we do sign Teixeria, surely one of OScar, Hazard, Willian, KEnedy, TRaore, Pedro, would have to go.

Maybe one from Falcao, Remy or Costa too.

Theres no way we'll be sgingin a guy without selling too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

I'm hoping we can fix the Hazard situation. He was brilliant for us last year and could be again. But Costa can do one.
    Brilliant, thats one fire out and dealt with. ITs amazing that the one player that was meant to rather lose than win has been the most vocal in the media in a) his support for Jose and b) his support for the club.

Where is Costa and Hazard in all this? I'm willing to give Costa the benefit of the doubt slightly, he barely speaks English but Hazard? Thats another story.

One thing is clear though, both, towards the end had issues with Jose, Costa was seriously unprofessional coming back pretty overweight for a top class CF and Hazard did too, if ya look back at the training pics from America.

We need both to perform until May and after that they can both f**k off if they really want to. Cost acan go back to Madrid and Hazard can move back to France to PSG. If I was in charge and both were acting up and not putting the effort in through the rest of the season, theyed both be sent to the reserves and ordered to play out their contracts which are about 3 and 4 years respectively.

bullpost wrote: »
    I'm hoping we can fix the Hazard situation. He was brilliant for us last year and could be again. But Costa can do one.

I'd love to have both back firing on all cylinders but I dont think theres a magic switch thats going to do it. Both look like theyve no interest in being at the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Texeira could definitely play as a strike, or anywhere of the 3 in behind. He would also work really well with a partner up front. From what I've seen he's quick, has good feet and is an excellent finisher. I honestly think 30m would be a bargain. He's a slick passser too, I think he'd fit right in. I think Oscar is going to be playing deeper under Hiddink so less competition for AM spots.

• Advertisement

I just reckon if we are signing anyone in January it will be 1 in, 1 out.

Who goes out for Texeria?

I don't think we'll be shipping anyone in Jan because of the CL. Texeira is still cup tied. How are we for the quota? Do we have maximum foreigners already?

CB should be priority #1

A striker and a CM would be nice but very little top targets available in Jan

Texiera is probably one of the only top attackers available.

Benzema might be, but he might be going to prison.

Lukker- wrote: »
    I don't think we'll be shipping anyone in Jan because of the CL. Texeira is still cup tied. How are we for the quota? Do we have maximum foreigners already?

CB should be priority #1

A striker and a CM would be nice but very little top targets available in Jan

Texiera is probably one of the only top attackers available.

Benzema might be, but he might be going to prison.

I think our foreginer qouta is ok, think we're short by 1 or 2 players so we could add to the squad without losing anyone but if we have to. I'd have to check that out though.

Just saying that if we sign Stones, he can play in the UCL. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Statement from fabregas

You can tell that the statement was put together for him - it certainly wasn't a spaniards native tongue - if you know what I mean.

"We will get this right of that I am sure" and
    " I can reiterate that I had an exceptionally good relationship"

Anyway, as Gav says, its put to bed now at least.

Anyone know about this training ground bust up that happened last week? Any truth in it?
    What worries me is that if there is truth in it, there is still a split in the team, which I think there still is.
    After all when you think about it, not every one in the dressing room "betrayed" Jose - so some did and some didn't.

cadaliac wrote: »
    You can tell that the statement was put together for him - it certainly wasn't a spaniards native tongue - if you know what I mean.

"We will get this right of that I am sure" and
    " I can reiterate that I had an exceptionally good relationship"

Anyway, as Gav says, its put to bed now at least.

Anyone know about this training ground bust up that happened last week? Any truth in it?
    What worries me is that if there is truth in it, there is still a split in the team, which I think there still is.
    After all when you think about it, not every one in the dressing room "betrayed" Jose - so some did and some didn't.

Cesc has excellent English though, living there for about 10 years at this stage on and off. :o

I think the trainign ground incident was meant to have been a youngster, was it TRaore or Musonda taking the piss out of Cesc with tricks and got a bit of a hard tackle and it kicked off.

I'd agree on the split dressing room too, there'll be a small band who wanted Jose gone and a large % that wanted him to stay but all they can do now is pull together for the team.

I'd suspect if those that wanted him out dont start performing they'll be dropped anyway. Hiddink will have been informed by Jose who was trouble and whos liable to act a certain away so he'll know what to look out for.

• Advertisement

I just reckon if we are signing anyone in January it will be 1 in, 1 out.

Who goes out for Texeria?

Mikel :)

Happy christmas lads, have a good one.

Looking forward to the Watford game now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Merry Christmas to all you fellow Blues fans.
    Ye daft bastids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Happy Christmas lads, have a good one. :)

Merry Christmas all and hopefully we do the stuffing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Kamon you Blues!

Team to play Watford: Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Fabregas, Matic; Willian, Oscar, Pedro, Diego Costa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Team to play Watford: Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Fabregas, Matic; Willian, Oscar, Pedro, Diego Costa. #CFC 

ffs.

Today's subs: Begovic, Baba, Zouma, Mikel, Ramires, Hazard, Remy.

• Advertisement

hots wrote: »
    ffs.

Strange that young zouma is the one rested for Monday

Strange that young zouma is the one rested for Monday

And stranger that the starting 11 seems to get worse not better.

Mvg playing well for Stoke , bossing United

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Come on chelsea. 3 points today please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

What was Matic doing there?

Oh good grief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Any reason given for hazard not starting?

That was crap again. Cahill was dreadful, as was fab. Really lacking any sort of creativity. Odd subs too from Hiddink, no idea why Mikel comes on and Remy doesn't...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Sounds unlucky re the Oscar slip. In saying that 2-2 against Watford at home, coming from behind. Cannot wait for this season to end. Please God dont buy Vardy in Jan. He'd be a disaster.

• Advertisement

The more games I watch this season, the more I can see the seeds of this season's destruction in last season. Sure, they cantered to the title, but the other challengers were weak and every time they were asked to step it up a gear, they couldn't. And it comes back - time and time again - to leaders on the pitch.

With the players we have, this team should not be struggling for parity with Watford. We should be going through them for a short cut. We should be running up cricket scores that Brian Lara would be proud of.

I take Hot's point, the substitutions were odd. Hazard should have started. Cesc should have stayed on. But we're still ropey in defence and often toothless in attack. Bring the youngsters back for blooding, the season's a bust anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement