Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

duploelabs wrote: »
    It quotes a Marca article, hardly a balanced source especially when it comes to Barcelona

If it quoted a random twitter account it would still get me excited :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Just looking at the table there. we can still win the league Imo. 10 points behind city with 30 games left to play, if we can hit form ASAP we could cut the gap a good bit by the new year and give ourselves every chance of challenging for the title

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Just looking at the table there. we can still win the league Imo. 10 points behind city with 30 games left to play, if we can hit form ASAP we could cut the gap a good bit by the new year and give ourselves every chance of challenging for the title

We are so far from "hitting form" it's comical. We need three decent games in a row before we even consider what part of the table we will end up in.
    Not being pessimistic, just calling it like it is right now.

cadaliac wrote: »
    We are so far from "hitting form" it's comical. We need three decent games in a row before we even consider what part of the table we will end up in.
    Not being pessimistic, just calling it like it is right now.

Ah believe me I know it's not gonna happen over night like but if we can start grinding out results and eventually hit form then we'd a good chance of challenging. The league isn't out of reach just yet

We're not out of the title race yet

But I don't think we're out of our bad form yet

• Advertisement

We're not out of the title race yet

But I don't think we're out of our bad form yet

Ivan being injured is a start :)

Ivan being injured is a start :)

We're defo back in the race then :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I'd say it's gone for Chelsea now. City and Arsenal 9/10 points up. Would be surprised if one of them didn't put in a good season from here.

gosplan wrote: »
    I'd say it's gone for Chelsea now. City and Arsenal 9/10 points up. Would be surprised if one of them didn't put in a good season from here.

Still 90 points to play for. You'd never know how the table will look around Xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Ah nearly back to proper football thankfully.

Can't really see us making up the lost ground at this stage, City losing Aguero is a huge loss for them but I still expect them to be top of the pile come May. City and United are the least worst option for me so not really bothered where it ends up in Manchester if not in SW6.

Still down to business Costa back, Ivan most likely out so the team at least should be stronger. It is written that RLC will get a run of games if so who will lose out? Who will get the vacant Ivan spot (I would say RB spot but as Ivan seems to be bullet proof no matter how badly he plays then the Ivan spot is perhaps more apt) hopefully Dave with Baba II at LB - the opposition should be taken into account and Villa are as bad as us at the minute.

So does Matic and his elbow get a game? Does his season just go from bad to worse?
    Has Willian overcome his projectile vomiting or are the fans in the first few rows in as much danger as opposition goalies from free kicks?
    Is Costa going to try a new approach and try playing football for a while?
    As in all corny musicals we need to figure out "How do we solve a problem like Fabrigas" and just where has his magic hat gone?
    Have we paid Dr. Evil his ransom yet and has the real Haz come back and the doppelgänger sent packing?
    Where will TSHO be in the dugout, in the stadium or banished to the far flung depths of the Federation?

So here are some of the questions of the day my fellow Blue Cherubs - something to get the week started.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Beat Villa 1-0 at the weekend, sorted. :o

Drop more points and Jose will be out on his arse.

He said if RLC is fit he'll start the next game so hes either going be in CM or #10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

We have to beat Villa - they're sh1t.
    Interesting to see how we preform without Ivan.
    Time to man up and start to win games - espically the likes of Villa.

cadaliac wrote: »
    We have to beat Villa - they're sh1t.
    Interesting to see how we preform without Ivan.
    Time to man up and start to win games - espically the likes of Villa.

We've struggled against a worse side than them in Newcastle, its the stupid mistakes that are killing the team, poor defending and at this level its not good enough realy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Carlo Ancelotti: I want to manage a club in the Premier League again.

• Former Chelsea manager ready to return to work in January
    • ‘Before I quit, I’d like to have another experience in England’

Soooo.... any clubs in particular in mind, Carlo?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/oct/12/carlo-ancelotti-premier-league-again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Duck Soup wrote: »

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/oct/12/carlo-ancelotti-premier-league-again

Well fingers crossed he does come in Jan, that would mean it definitely won't be Utd and hard to imagine City, Arsenal maybe? We'd be the only other one but he'd never come back.

I'm just glad Carlo didnt end up the Pool

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I can see him at United tbh.

Lukker- wrote: »
    I can see him at United tbh.

Van Gaal did say he was leaving at the end of his current deal which is at the end of next year.

So if Carlo wants to take over in the Summer of 2017 then Utd would be free, assuming LVG sticks to his word.

So the Evening Standard running a few stores one on Ashley Cole in an interview with his agent, slightly different take than that normally put out there regarding Arsenal going back on their word as the catalyst for the transfer.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/ashley-cole-would-not-have-joined-chelsea-had-arsenal-not-gone-back-on-their-word-insists-agent-a3088346.html?

I do love this bit though (and you cant argue with it really)

Although Cole's decision to leave Arsene Wenger's side invoked anger among some fans the defender went on to enjoy a successful career at Stamford Bridge and Barnett is adamant that his client made the right choice.

"It was probably the best thing that ever happened to Ashley Cole.

"Arsenal won nothing, he won everything and financially he was much better off. My job as an agent was done.”

Also PSG looking at either TSHO or Wenger as their next coach if they do not reach the CL semi final

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/arsene-wenger-and-jose-mourinho-on-psg-s-wanted-list-to-replace-laurent-blanc-monday-s-top-transfer-a3088386.html?

What about TSHO as head coach and Wenger as director of football, would be interesting to watch at least.

Duck Soup wrote: »

According to the Express (yea I know but hey its a slow news day) Pep is off to City at the end of the season and Carlo and his fantastic eyebrows is off to Munich.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/611541/Chelsea-Carlo-Ancelotti-Bayern-Munich-Liverpool-Manchester-City-Pep-Guardiola
    Still see him at United or Arsenal at some stage, even if TSHO is sacked, leaves, banished to the far flung depths of the Federation Carlo would be mad to come back. The manner of his dismissal last time around was just awful (never mind being unwarranted).

• Advertisement

So TSHO is in Kiev watching Ukrane v Spain I wonder why? Quite odd he looks a bit like Obi One with his hoodie.

If he is there to see if Cesc found his magic hat well so far no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

So TSHO is in Kiev watching Ukrane v Spain I wonder why? Quite odd he looks a bit like Obi One with his hoodie.

If he is there to see if Cesc found his magic hat well so far no.

"Ivanovic is not the Right Back you're looking for":pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Thecon21

United fan here, I come in peace.

What you make of the Falcao experience so far? Same as last season just with a different colour jersey?

Ya reckon it's just that he never recovered from his injury or is the Premier League just completely not for him at all?

Wouldn't be surprised to see him end up back at Porto or Athletico..

Ps also what the hell does TSHO stand for?! :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

Thecon21 wrote: »

Prepare for some serious cringe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

I was really looking forward to this international break, and I'm dreading the restart of the PL ... :(

Well, remember when Jose came back and they asked him "Are you still the special one? "

Jose said - "I am the happy one"

So now the guys here says The Special Happy One ...
    updown.gif

What you make of the Falcao experience so far? Same as last season just with a different colour jersey?

Ya reckon it's just that he never recovered from his injury or is the Premier League just completely not for him at all?

Legend has it decision has already been made that any options on Falcao have been passed up. Hard to say in all fairness to him, shown some good movement but none of our strikers have looked the part this season so in many ways unfair to make a value judgement.

For me it does not look like he has recovered from his injury, awful shame he was a brute of a player, reminds me of Torres really. Chelsea have an excellent medical team, I would assume Monaco and Manchester United have as good or close. If dedicated sports medics cannot get him right you have to wonder, I guess off to the US in a few years to see out his career.

TSHO oh so obvious mucho disappointment :confused: the special happy one.

I was really looking forward to this international break, and I'm dreading the restart of the PL ... :(

No have to say I am not, I am really curious. Most of our high profile players have been walking the walk in the press on their support of Obi One
    (Mourinho1.jpg

Well lets see if they can talk the talk or will the force remain strong on the dark side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

RayCon wrote: »
    Prepare for some serious cringe.

Well that just doesn't make sense...for starters that acronym would be PFSSC.

No, He asked what TSHO means, well.... anyone round here will tell you stands for the The Special Happy One, but of course!

Aww.....it's all fun and bants really.

• Advertisement

Panthro wrote: »
    Well that just doesn't make sense...for starters that acronym would be PFSSC.

No, He asked what TSHO means, well.... anyone round here will tell you stands for the The Special Happy One, but of course!

Aww.....it's all fun and bants really.

Its a bit like Cockney Rhyming Slang it is good to have your own language no one else understands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

The Falcao experience is similar to last year, with a better touch but less effort. He could do with a trip to the MLS.

hots wrote: »
    The Falcao experience is similar to last year, with a better touch but less effort. He could do with a trip to the MLS.

If he goes back to France he'll probably rattle in 15goals.

Its just a very physical league and while he has the physique, the pace is lacking. Which is weird because Costa isnt the quickest but for 5 months last year his movement caused havoc.

I suppose he, like Costa, need the guys behind him performing and apart from Willian, none of the supporting cast are doing anything of note.

The best thing that could have happened in this international break was Ivan getting an injury and we're lucky he did.

I actually cant wait to see a game where he doesnt play and doesnt cost us a goal, its been an awful long time since thats happened.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    The best thing that could have happened in this international break was Ivan getting an injury and we're lucky he did.

I actually cant wait to see a game where he doesnt play and doesnt cost us a goal, its been an awful long time since thats happened.

I've never wanted a clean sheet so bad as this weekend

If we concede at all Jose will be thinking it's because we were missing Ivan

I've never wanted a clean sheet so bad as this weekend

If we concede at all Jose will be thinking it's because we were missing Ivan

:D just to really throw the cat amongst the pidgeons!

• Advertisement

Jesus poor old Baba II will never get a game for us. Playing a centre back at right back and a right back at left back makes you feel sorry for the poor lad.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/oct/13/jose-mourinho-zouma-ivanovic-chelsea-right-back?

Jesus poor old Baba II will never get a game for us. Playing a centre back at right back and a right back at left back makes you feel sorry for the poor lad.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/oct/13/jose-mourinho-zouma-ivanovic-chelsea-right-back?

I think Zouma played RB in the Capital 1 cup or a dead rubber in the UCL last year. I'd have happily dropped Ivan for Zouma earlier and I'm sure we were calling for it anyway but I would prefer the more natural Azp at RB and Rahman at LB.

Azp played 90mins as a LB for Spain last night too.

Lets face it the form Villa are showing at the moment if he can't do it against them then what chance has he got of a game at all this season?

From that article we can expect a few players who were left at Cobham.

Team vs Villa is likely to be

BEgovic
    Zouma Cahill JT Azp
    Ramires RLC
    Willian Cesc Hazard
    Costa

Lets face it the form Villa are showing at the moment if he can't do it against them then what chance has he got of a game at all this season?

If we dont beat Villa its not the LB im worried about its the manager. :o

• Advertisement

I would say he is safe until Christmas, but if we are not within spitting distance of the top 4 and in the last 16 of the CL he won't see much of the new year at Chelsea.

I would say he is safe until Christmas, but if we are not within spitting distance of the top 4 and in the last 16 of the CL he won't see much of the new year at Chelsea.

Thats only about 7 weeks away :pac:

If by then we're back in the top 4 I'll be truly shocked, maybe by the end of December a top 6/7 position wouldnt be bad.

I reckon by the end of January we'll be pushing for top 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Seen an interview with Fergie yesterday, he said he knows Jose well and knows he will find a solution. When asked if Chelsea would get top 4 he said we definitely would!

No have to say I am not, I am really curious. Most of our high profile players have been walking the walk in the press on their support of Obi One
    (Mourinho1.jpg

Well lets see if they can talk the talk or will the force remain strong on the dark side.

Darth Mourinho

kf4hAk6.png

Seen an interview with Fergie yesterday, he said he knows Jose well and knows he will find a solution. When asked if Chelsea would get top 4 he said we definitely would!

Fergie in for the rest of the season. :pac:

Rumours Chalobah and Bamford could be recalled early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Nice get Bamford in as Remy loves off side and less the said about the other so called striker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Is Bamford being recalled to send somewhere else since he isn't getting that much game time currently.

RLC scored for the Englan U21s earlier too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Is Bamford being recalled to send somewhere else since he isn't getting that much game time currently.

That would be my guess too, terrible loan he's having at the moment, confirms to me anyway that he will never be good enough for Chelsea.

If he can't get a game for Crystal Palace how is he ever expected to play Champions League football for Chelsea. I also think his achievements last season were over-hyped. 20 odd goals over a 46 game championships season isn't overly impressive when you are aspiring to be hitting 20 goals for Chelsea.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement