Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Just 20 points now and we are good. Come on the blues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

The longest some certain chelsea players have gone without scoring
    Hazard: 2,354 and counting
    Torres: 1,381
    Shevchenko: 833

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Torres > hazard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

duploelabs wrote: »
    The longest some certain chelsea players have gone without scoring
    Hazard: 2,354 and counting
    Torres: 1,381
    Shevchenko: 833

I don't think that is a fair comparison given two of those are/were strikers. Hazard is a winger. He has been rubbish lately and needs to be shipped out and I'd say he wants to go to.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

can't understand the negativity here. we were looser than under Jose, for sure. But I thought we looked far more relaxed and creative. We didnt have a striker after all.

Some of our attacking and creativity were very good. We had more shots on target than a very good United.

I'd prefer to watch this type of football than the "style" we played under Jose Mourinho. I thought Hazard was outstanding, being allowed to play his game.

I'm too long in the tooth to watch "football for robots" any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

I'm getting from match reports that we played ok considering and in fact could have won it. You wouldn't get that from reading the posts about the game in here. 3 unbeaten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

It might have been an improvement

Doesn't mean it still wasn't sh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Bamford returning early from crystal palace loan. Hopefully he gets a look in or secures a more fruitful loan in January

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

For the first time this season we have gone three games without a defeat......

"THE BOOM IS BACK LADS, THE BOOM IS BACK"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

RichT wrote: »
    For the first time this season we have gone three games without a defeat......

"THE BOOM IS BACK LADS, THE BOOM IS BACK"

Also Tbo and a clean sheet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Garzorico wrote: »
    I'm getting from match reports that we played ok considering and in fact could have won it. You wouldn't get that from reading the posts about the game in here. 3 unbeaten.

I was watching the game. They were all over us in the first half. Mata hit the crossbar in 3 minutes. Shortly after that, JT had a bullet header saved by de Gea. We were better second half, and made some more chances. However, chances mean jack shít if you don't bury them.

What explains the disparity in reports is chances vs general play. If you take it purely on goal chances, we might even have shaded it - a bit like against Watford last week. De Gea was on fire yesterday. In general play though, we spent long stretches looking slow and short on ideas.

We need another striker so much it hurts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

I taught the team played ok yesterday. Ya united were the better team overall but we had the better chances.. the terry header , matic chance and pedro/dave they were all clearer chances than any of uniteds.

I don't know why Mikel is still a chelsea player he's dodgy as ****. Would play Zouma in midfield before him tbh or rlc but can't see that happening

Usually a draw at OT is not a bad thing in fact given the season has been so bad for Chelsea a draw is a really good result. The problem is tho as it has been all season, the players were crap, they showed zero desire and missed some sitters. This team needs to be over hauled. Personally I would like to see the following leave;

Hazard, Costa, Fabergas, Zouma, Pedro, Mikel, Terry, Ivanovic.

Hazard has lost interest in Chelsea,

Costa is rubbish, a one hit wonder for every club he plays for,

Fabregas looks a shadow of who he used to be I thought he was good last season,

Zouma looks out of his depth he seems more of a mid table type of player,

Pedro is another Barca reject who would look brilliant in a team like PSG as he would have better players around him in a poor league he is not a player Chelsea really wanted,

Mikel the poor devil should of left years ago plenty of mid table teams would pay stupid money for him,

Terry is gone too slow. It will be a sad day to see him go but I think the time has come for him to admit his playing days are over.

Ivanovic has lost his sparkle he is being found out too many times and it has hurt his confidence from which I don't think he will recover.

Chelsea need an overhaul and this summer is the time to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Bamford returning early from crystal palace loan. Hopefully he gets a look in or secures a more fruitful loan in January

He missed an absolute sitter yesterday for CP , showed no composure what so ever.

Does anyone reckon if we had signed Stones , things might have turned out a little different.

Looking at the amount of goals that Everton leak , I just wonder if he is worth anything close to the price tag they are asking.

• Advertisement

Barr wrote: »
    Does anyone reckon if we had signed Stones , things might have turned out a little different.

Looking at the amount of goals that Everton leak , I just wonder if he is worth anything close to the price tag they are asking.

No I don't think so.

He is a good player maybe a 10 million quid player tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

obezyana wrote: »

I'm sorry but Zouma is only 21 and is an absolute belter of a CB. He has everything, built like a brick shythouse, is fast, knows his positioning, heck he can even go the other end and provide the odd goal or two given half a sniff.

To suggest he leave CFC is the height of madness IMO.

Panthro wrote: »
    I'm sorry but Zouma is only 21 and is an absolute belter of a CB. He has everything, built like a brick shythouse, is fast, knows his positioning, heck he can even go the other end and provide the odd goal or two given half a sniff.

No not madness merely an observation and belief from what I currently see. Chelsea will end up buying better centre backs and Zouma will be the one left out. I'd rate Stones better than Zouma. He reads the game better he would have a better footballing brain and is better with his feet.

No not madness merely an observation and belief from what I currently see. Chelsea will end up buying better centre backs and Zouma will be the one left out. I'd rate Stones better than Zouma. He reads the game better he would have a better footballing brain and is better with his feet.

If we got the two of those side by side we'd be sorted for a decade!

If we got the two of those side by side we'd be sorted for a decade!

Yeah maybe but I honestly don't see Zouma as a reliable long term thing. What is needed is some open like Stones and a top centre back to teach him the ropes. Altho I'm struggling to think of any right now :-o

• Advertisement

Varene!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Usually a draw at OT is not a bad thing in fact given the season has been so bad for Chelsea a draw is a really good result. The problem is tho as it has been all season, the players were crap, they showed zero desire and missed some sitters. This team needs to be over hauled. Personally I would like to see the following leave;

Pedro is another Barca reject who would look brilliant in a team like PSG as he would have better players around him in a poor league he is not a player Chelsea really wanted,

Mikel the poor devil should of left years ago plenty of mid table teams would pay stupid money for him,

Terry is gone too slow. It will be a sad day to see him go but I think the time has come for him to admit his playing days are over.

Ivanovic has lost his sparkle he is being found out too many times and it has hurt his confidence from which I don't think he will recover.

I see monkey changed his user name

what a day wrote: »
    I see monkey changed his user name

What?

Don't forget about Oscar :eek::pac::pac:

Don't forget about Oscar :eek::pac::pac:

Haha yeah I knew I was forgetting someone.

I don’t reckon there will be wholesale changes. If there was then Jose would have kept his job.

At the start of the season 3 or 4 players should have been brought in to freshen the squad and keep the others on their toes.

I don’t reckon there will be wholesale changes. If there was then Jose would have kept his job.

At the start of the season 3 or 4 players should have been brought in to freshen the squad and keep the others on their toes.

Neither do I. I say a striker will be bought in January and another couple of players in the summer with 3 or so leaving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Pretty much confirmed Drogba is coming back, Montreal have started looking for a replacement striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Zouma has all the technical skills you mention. His future will be decided by his temperament and judgement. He should be able to learn from the outcome of the follies of Lukaku and De Bruyne who showed deficiencies in both.

Generally, it's hard to pin down just what's wrong with Chelsea. There's been a lot of prima donna behaviour from the likes of Lukaku, KDB, Hazard and Costa. Sturridge also lacked balance. Is there something in the set-up, including the high turnover of managers, the influence of wheeler-dealer agents and the technical power of people like Emanalo which has given players an inordinate sense ofpower. Remember the way Shevchenko and Ballack were foisted on Mourinho, and IIRC how Emanalo appeared on the bench towards the end of Mou's first era?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Hope ye all had a good xmas lads.

Unbeaten in 3 league games, won 1, drew 2 although we were a dodgy penalty away from making it 2 wins and the Utd game was pretty poor from us, without reading back through the thread I think we deserved to lose the game but I'd have taken a point before k/o.

Its amazing and kind of idiotic to see Mikel claiming that we can still finish top 4 though. :pac:

• Advertisement

Imagine imagine

Costa

--Hazard
    Mata
    DeBruyne

Luiz
    Matic

Rahman----JT
    Zouma
    Dave

Tbo

Imjust saying when i think of some of joses transfere dealings i get upset

Imagine imagine

Costa

--Hazard
    Mata
    DeBruyne

Luiz
    Matic

Rahman----JT
    Zouma
    Dave

Tbo

Imjust saying when i think of some of joses transfere dealings i get upset

Cech
    Luis
    Schurrle Cuadrado Salah
    Lukaku

To add another few :pac:

I know some of us get annoyed Looking at Lukaku but i can understand why we sold him.
    DeBruyne or Mata on the other hand i cant forgive Jose.

Two quality players that in Joses eyes may not have worked as hard as Lampard or Oscar but they did offer a lot more in attack.

I always remember DeBruynes pre season goal where he damaged his knee while scoring a stunner for us and think Wow this guy is gonna be our next Lampard........Jose taught different, instead Lamps was replaced by an Arsenal legend.

With the January window opening shortly, do we reckon we'll do much or any business? I dont think we will even if we do need a few players.

With Bamford coming back , I'd ideally keep him and ship out Falcao or Remy.

A lot of talk of Tbo wanting to go to Real.
    I think we will just do a small bit of patc work untill we find out who our next manager will be, well thats what a normal club would do but hey its CFC.

A lot of players need to be shipped out but i dont think we should sell any untill the summer.......unless we get crazy money of course.
    Send Falcao home and replace him with Bamford.

Ivan will be gone in the summer so our full back positions look weak.
    Id bring back Kalas, Omeruo and Christiansan.
    I dont think Ake has what it takes to make it with us TBH.

I would imagine if we get the right manager we will see a masic cul in our loan army, cash in and rejuvinate the squad. Maybe reinvest again in young players and start a new loan army over the next 3 years.

A lot of talk of Tbo wanting to go to Real.
    I think we will just do a small bit of patc work untill we find out who our next manager will be, well thats what a normal club would do but hey its CFC.

A lot of players need to be shipped out but i dont think we should sell any untill the summer.......unless we get crazy money of course.
    Send Falcao home and replace him with Bamford.

Ivan will be gone in the summer so our full back positions look weak.
    Id bring back Kalas, Omeruo and Christiansan.
    I dont think Ake has what it takes to make it with us TBH.

I would imagine if we get the right manager we will see a masic cul in our loan army, cash in and rejuvinate the squad. Maybe reinvest again in young players and start a new loan army over the next 3 years.

I'd be shocked if we sold Courtois to Real, given his Ateltico links he may not fancy crossing the divide, although De Gea looked nailed on to do just that in the summer if it wasnt for dodgy fax machines. :o

We do need players and quality ones at that so I think the real changes will be seen in the summer, wont be much business done in January unless someonee is available and we need to get the deal done before the summer.

Story is that TBO is a fan of Real and asked his agent to look for the move. Could be bull but would not suprize me. Its real so TBO can go for 50m

Id imagine Real would prefer DeGea been spanish an all and mose to the transfer work may be already done once they replaced the fax machine ha ha.

Does every one think we wont make top four?
    Who do you want to win the league?
    Wh do you think will win the league?

I dont care if we dont make top four as long as Arsenal dont win it, whats the chances Utd chelsea and City all fall apart in the same season and gift a trophy to to wenger

Story is that TBO is a fan of Real and asked his agent to look for the move. Could be bull but would not suprize me. Its real so TBO can go for 50m

Id imagine Real would prefer DeGea been spanish an all and mose to the transfer work may be already done once they replaced the fax machine ha ha.

Does every one think we wont make top four?
    Who do you want to win the league?
    Wh do you think will win the league?

I dont care if we dont make top four as long as Arsenal dont win it, whats the chances Utd chelsea and City all fall apart in the same season and gift a trophy to to wenger

If Real want either GK its going to cost them a small fortune, thats for sure. Id be guteed if we lost Courtois anyway.

I reckon we'll do well to break top 8.
    I want leicester to win it but I think it will be Citys title.
    It really is Arsenals best chance of a title in recent times.

If we do well enough in the cups ill be happy enough as we wont be going down.

loan army, some money may be made off one or two players and a cull needed on some that are stagnated.

Matej Delač - loan
    Wallace - loan
    Tomáš Kalas - squad role
    Andreas Christensen - squad role
    Todd Kane - loan
    Michael Hector - loan
    Nathan Aké - sell
    Kenneth Omeruo - squad role
    Cristian Manea - sell
    Alex Davey - Sell
    Lucas Piazon - loan
    Nathan - loan to Vitesse again
    Cristián Cuevas - sell
    Juan Cuadrado - sell
    Mario Pašalić - sell
    Mohamed Salah - sell
    Isaiah Brown loan to Vitesse again
    John Swift - loan out
    Jordan Houghton - loan
    Lewis Baker - loan to Vitesse again
    Nathaniel Chalobah - loan to PL club
    Jérémie Boga - loan out
    Marko Marin - sell
    Christian Atsu - sell
    Victorien Angban - sell
    Marco van Ginkel - squad role
    Victor Moses - sell
    Danilo Pantić - loan out
    Joao Rodríguez - sell
    Stipe Perica - sell
    Dominic Solanke - loan out
    Patrick Bamford - replace falcao
    Islam Feruz - sell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

It'd be curmudgeonly not to congratulate Petr Cech on breaking the all-time Premier League clean sheets record. With the clean sheet against Bournemouth, he now has the record on his own. David James, 169; Petr Cech 170.

He was absolutely massive for us over the years.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/29/petr-cech-the-meticulous-record-breaker-who-likes-to-do-things-the-right-way

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

Duck Soup wrote: »
    It'd be curmudgeonly not to congratulate Petr Cech on breaking the all-time Premier League clean sheets record. With the clean sheet against Bournemouth, he now has the record on his own. David James, 169; Petr Cech 170.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/29/petr-cech-the-meticulous-record-breaker-who-likes-to-do-things-the-right-way

I mentioned this on the Arsenal thread earlier. Its a bit of a weird record though. Seaman is 28 clean sheets behind him currently but 233 of Seamans top flight games came in old Division 1 so not counted.

I know its stated as Premier League record but I cant find anywhere on the net how many clean sheets Seaman has. (Of course I am not saying he has the most of all)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Duck Soup wrote: »

Cech can f*ck right off ..

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

Cech can f*ck right off ..

Why though?

He won titles for you and when Chelsea were clearly done with him he chose to extend his career without moving his family from London. What did you expect him to do? Play for a lesser team out of loyalty??

Jeez!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Why though?

He won titles for you and when Chelsea were clearly done with him he chose to extend his career without moving his family from London. What did you expect him to do? Play for a lesser team out of loyalty??

Jeez!

Most Chelsea fans agree with you. I wish him every success apart from winning the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Anyone else think Charlie Austin might be worth a look at in January? Seems to be available for around 10million, could be a shrewd purchase if we end up sending bamford back out and shipping remy off

Reports that Falcao is injured again so it seems like we'll have to invest in a new CF or give Bamford the 3rd slot.

Being honest, I'd prefer to go with Bamford until the summer anyway, unless we sign Teixiera and throw him upfront from time to time.

Id be all for signing Austin but depends on what manager we bring in. A big guy like Austin will always be worth having in the PL.

Falcao has o be sent home, bring in Austin as back up to Costa and if Remy wants out we can hold on to Bamford. We really do need to inject some thing into the squad in January even if we dont have a new manager identified.

Another option is Berahino to replace Remy if we can get Bamford more game time.
    Id imagine Berahino may be cheap enough considering his problems with his current club.

There was a good few pics of a couple of the youth players joining the senior training yesterday, problem with that is, the better and more developed talents are out on loan. :o

I think L'equipe, said Monaco dont want him back and if we do decide to cancel the year loan we've to find his next club or pay his wages until June. I feel sorry for Falcao, about 3 years ago he was one of the most feared CFs on the planet and 2 crock seasons in England have killed him.

Reminds me very much of Torres when he was playing, always willing to move for the ball and shpwed passion but the goals just wouldnt come for him.

Berahinho is unfit and overweight imo which is a shame. I'd love bamford to stay but if rlc isn't getting a look in then it doesn't look promising for bamford. A move to Swansea might further his development better than 5 months in the reserves.
    Maybe hiddink will rotate the young lads in when the ship is steadied. I hope so because this is our best chance to give traore, rlc and kenedy real pl experience

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement