Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Bamford done very well in the championship.....but that could just be his level and he mightnt cut it at the elite level.

This squad should be good enough to get us out of the mire theyve put us in so I'd prefer to keep the money until the summer and back the new manager with a full transfer kitty.

That is, unless, we go after one of Joses signings in January, no doubt he'll have communicated tot he board who he wanted for the summer and maybe even January so some work might have been started on a potential signing.

There is talks of Remy leaving on loan but with Falcao being crocked its very unlikely that we'll send Remy on loan.

Hes another whos got a bit of a raw deal, never managed to get into the team when it looked like those around him couldnt score in a brothel.

I'd have played him wide left too during Hazards spell of doing SFA, which is going to carry on and on it seems.

He last scored back in May 3rd I'm sure, I think it was against Palace too, next up, Palace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Really hope Kenedy, Traore and RLC get more of a look in the second half of the season, come to think of it Baba too, can't understand why they aren't even coming off the bench, and not just for 1 min like RLC in the last game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

smuckers wrote: »
    Really hope Kenedy, Traore and RLC get more of a look in the second half of the season, come to think of it Baba too, can't understand why they aren't even coming off the bench, and not just for 1 min like RLC in the last game

Guus is just sticking to the status quo, in a way I don't blame him but dropping the likes of Ivan and Cesc would have gotten him serious fan support

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Ruben gets 30s

That^ and the matic miss had me shouting at the telly for the first time this season, hate to say it but if we can't blood a youth this season we never will. Diamonds tend to stand out in the sh!t.

Think guus realises that he has no spine this time, drogs,Frankie,cech, and John as good as sorted it for us last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Team I'd love to see us field next season
    Tbo
    Azp varane/stones zouma baba
    Matic rlc
    Willian Barkley mata
    Morata/ibra

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Colkett has posted on his instagram that he's getting a debut, surprising but would be good to see.

can't even find him on instagram

can't even find him on instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/_9-rFHlYBM/?taken-by=officialcolkz

Hopefully it's a sign of things to come

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Wish we were playing tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

We are ☺

Felt dirty cheering citys 2 goals today. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Felt dirty cheering citys 2 goals today. :o

Well have to say I was delighted and did not feel dirty at all.

Nice to see Guus hasn't changed a thing

https://twitter.com/ChelseaFC/status/683628985696268288

Mikel. Noooooooooo

Mikel. Noooooooooo

Yep.

Instead of giving RLC a chance, looking to the future, in a season where no matter how well the rest of the season goes it will still be ****e

Mikel

Senior players who have destroyed our season still getting their game. Rlc, traore, kenedy not getting a look in. Why sack Jose to only continue with this dross?
    Oceans of money spent on a youth system in the Abramivich era and this season is the first and only opportunity we have to bring these boys into the first team. I'm sickened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Guus not ruling out staying on beyond the summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Disappointed to see Mike myself. Would have rathered rlc alongside matic.

Hopefully he gets more than 30seconds today anyway

• Advertisement

It's all about points now, once that happens, other players will be integrated in.
    Suprised Kenedy isn't on bench, the only reason I can think is because of Pedro, and Traore can play forward role?

It's all about points now, once that happens, other players will be integrated in.
    Suprised Kenedy isn't on bench, the only reason I can think is because of Pedro, and Traore can play forward role?

If the points come, therefore we'd be winning games, and these players wouldn't want to be dropped. If we do go on to win the next 5 games, and we're looking in the mid table, in a sense would it be right to then start to drop them ? In the sense of they picked up x points from x games therefore they shouldnt be dropped

Today isnt the day to go giving people their first big PL start. It was when we had a home game against Sunderland followed by another home game against Watford.

I just think we'll stick with the same old same old until it starts to click a small bit, and we'll be seeing RLC and others turn into our Pogba

If the points come, therefore we'd be winning games, and these players wouldn't want to be dropped. If we do go on to win the next 5 games, and we're looking in the mid table, in a sense would it be right to then start to drop them ? In the sense of they picked up x points from x games therefore they shouldnt be dropped

Today isnt the day to go giving people their first big PL start. It was when we had a home game against Sunderland followed by another home game against Watford.

I just think we'll stick with the same old same old until it starts to click a small bit, and we'll be seeing RLC and others turn into our Pogba

Yes I would agree with that, hopefully we will see Traore and RLC at some strage today. I'd like to see Azpi at right back, but Baba is so bad, he's sticking with Ivan and Azpi

Frustrating lineup again imo and not optimistic for this game at all. Hope I'm wrong.

Ivan burnt within 30 seconds. Bodes well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

hots wrote: »
    Ivan burnt within 30 seconds. Bodes well.

For the love of b'jaysus. I really hope guus takes notice and starts playing azpi on the right and baba at left back.

• Advertisement

For the love of b'jaysus. I really hope guus takes notice and starts playing azpi on the right and baba at left back.

Think Baba is so bad, he has no choice

looks like 4-3-3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Think Baba is so bad, he has no choice

i wish we could clone azpi and play him on both fullback positions

Take hazard off ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Is Hazard just a tad soft or what? Isn't that the second time in the past few weeks he has requested to be subbed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

He's play acting. Clearly wants gone from Chelsea. We should have kept Jose and gotten rid of the troublemakers instead. Looks like they'll all be gone anyway.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Is Hazard just a tad soft or what? Isn't that the second time in the past few weeks he has requested to be subbed?

Yep, he'll be gone in the Summer, clearly doesn't want to be at Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

Yep, he'll be gone in the Summer, clearly doesn't want to be at Chelsea.

Complete wanker. We will have to sell him on the cheap when he is an 80 million pound player. We got rid of Jose for him ffs. Bet Roman is regretting that now.

I see Oscar is playing to his usual standards, giving away the ball at every opportunity

Some tackle, Zouma will be a top class defender.

I feel like zouma is the only enjoyable part of the Chelsea team at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

Great stuff by costa.

Thank god for that. First completed forward pass from fab and for once Costa played the right ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

That goal reflects an encouraging 30 minutes for Chelsea who have looked bright on the ball, far more fluid and intricate than what we were seeing under Mourinho. Obviously still not perfect, but more enjoyable at least.

That goal reflects an encouraging 30 minutes for Chelsea who have looked bright on the ball, far more fluid and intricate than what we were seeing under Mourinho. Obviously still not perfect, but more enjoyable at least.

You're watching a different game to me then. Identical style of play, still too many misplaced passes and no control of the game at all. Don't have the stats but it wouldn't surprise me if it was our first shot of the game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

hots wrote: »
    You're watching a different game to me then. Identical style of play, still too many misplaced passes and no control of the game at all. Don't have the stats but it wouldn't surprise me if it was our first shot of the game?

I dunno what to say to you, the difference in approach play couldn't be more stark. At the back there's much more of a willingness to play through midfield, Oscar is dropping in to give us a numerical edge in there, the players look to have greater freedom in their positioning and the interplay between the creative players has been far more prominent here than in almost any game under Mourinho post January 2015 I'd say. It hasn't resulted in a tonne of shots on goal but that's not really the point of what I'm saying and since going ahead the side have done well to maintain a level of control over the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Just seen a replay of the goal - that was brilliant from Costa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

An absolute belter.

Pick that out!

What a goal :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

BOOOOOOOOOOM

Willian you beauty

We are back :)