Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

I wonder will MOTD do a piece on Mikel tonight , I never thought I'd hear myself saying it , he was that good :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Id still sell him, hes had 2 good games this year, well thats 2 more than Hazard but id sell Oscar if Juventus want him.

Part exchange for Morata:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Barr wrote: »
    Not to put a dampener on things ,Palace were without Bolasie and Cabeye today which made things a little easier.

We got to play them at a good time.

Yes but still the same defence that was second leanest in the league, until today

It's obvious now that guus is going to be the safe pair of hands and not the man to blood our youth. It begs the question, who will be the man to lead us into 16/17?
    I'd love a move for mark hughes tbh. He's an experienced pl manager who wasn't given long enough at city imo. Did a stand up job at Blackburn and has turned the potters into a stylish outfit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Him and Zola up front, good times!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

It's obvious now that guus is going to be the safe pair of hands and not the man to blood our youth. It begs the question, who will be the man to lead us into 16/17?
    I'd love a move for mark hughes tbh. He's an experienced pl manager who wasn't given long enough at city imo. Did a stand up job at Blackburn and has turned the potters into a stylish outfit.

In fairness he wasn't gonna blood the youth in 3 games. He has to steady the ship first. Odds are he doesn't even know who any of them are. But I'm sure he'll learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

What a joy to see this game. I thought Mikel was MOTM by a country mile.

re; Costa and the re-invigorated performances by him and others, I think Mourinho's style had stifled and drained the team of any creative pleasure. They look like the fear has left them.

Good to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

JT26 wrote: »
    Any January window rumors?

Just the usual, Stones and Texiera seem to be the most prominent, but throw in Pogba and Griezmann for column inches.

I dont think we'll get anyone without losing someone and it looks like Remy or Falcao will eventually be moved on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Lukker- wrote: »
    See how Oscar does with a different role before selling him. He's been bad this year but it's hard to do well in his role when the whole team is failing.

I think some of the criticism of Hazard is a bit much too. You can't play through a calf strain. People forgetting that he dragged us to the title last season. After 3 excellent seasons people want him out after 1 bad half season.

Hazard has been semi-detached for a long time. Mou identified his problems, which were the for all to see in the UCL against Athletico Madrid. It's clear we can't build a team around Hazard. From that POV he's dispensible. My instinct is to sell him for the kind of stupid money that would be offered for him.

Hard to see anyone paying stupid money for him at the moment though, unless he has an exceptional Euro 2016 with Belguim.

Its down to him IMO, if he wants to be here then improve, if he wants out, then sell him to the highest bidder and use the money we get to try and replace him.

Our next two league games, WBA and Everton are against sides who, on their travels, arent too bad in the league, Everton are currently 10th on away form, WBA 12th.

I'd be hopeful of 6 pts from 6pts available but wouldnt hold my breath, especially against Everton.

Up first anyway is WBA on 13th Jan, a Wednesday night and then we've got Everton on Saturday 16th at 3pm, not an ideal turn around but hopefully we start with a win against Scunthorpe, who plodding along mid table in League 1 and then take the confidence into the WBA game.

I still think my number 1 target in this window would be Stones, he'd be UCL eligible, although it would only for 2 games. :o

Everton wont want to sell him though and would take a crazy, crazy bid to get him, but given his age and how good he can be, I'd go for it. Going into the future with Zouma, Christensen and Stones would be immense.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

I think Stones is over rated and over priced, Everton have conceded as many goals as us this season and considering Coleman and Baines are also sought after defenders this would not inspire me with confidence. I do not see him as any better than Christensen or Kalas so I would be reluctant to waste my money on him.

I think Stones is over rated and over priced, Everton have conceded as many goals as us this season and considering Coleman and Baines are also sought after defenders this would not inspire me with confidence. I do not see him as any better than Christensen or Kalas so I would be reluctant to waste my money on him.

Hes English, hes always going to be over hyped and over priced but I still reckon hes better than Cahill.

Hes also further along his development than Kalas although I posted a quote that suggested Christensen was further along than Stones and also a bit younger.

Problem is, will Christensen ever get a chance with us. :o

I'd like to hold off anyway with major signings in January as the next manager might prefer to shape the squad his way and with his players.

• Advertisement

Steady hands Guus will bring us to a top 8 position and the new manager will hopefully have a full war chest to go and spend it as he sees fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

Wouldn't want to see Hazard gone - I think he's brilliant but obviously still needs a lot of work. Not sure who we would replace him with to be honest.

Hes English, hes always going to be over hyped and over priced but I still reckon hes better than Cahill.

Hes also further along his development than Kalas although I posted a quote that suggested Christensen was further along than Stones and also a bit younger.

Problem is, will Christensen ever get a chance with us. :o

I'd like to hold off anyway with major signings in January as the next manager might prefer to shape the squad his way and with his players.

Good Lord I would give Cahill a run for his money :eek::eek:

Will Christensen or Kalas get a run very hard to say but I fully understand your pessimism. I was watching a bit of the Everton Spurs game after ours yesterday and much as it pains me you have to give Pochettino huge credit if Kane, Alli or Carrol were on our books they would be out on loan.

Saadyst wrote: »
    Wouldn't want to see Hazard gone - I think he's brilliant but obviously still needs a lot of work. Not sure who we would replace him with to be honest.

I'd love to keep him too being honest but he has to start showing the quality that propelled him to one of the finest in the league.

Its not like hes reached a plateua, hes actually seriously regressed, if its a mental block and he wants to play elsewhere all you can do is wish him well and slap on a hefty price tag, if hes willing to grfaft and put in the effort and heart, I'm all for him staying.

Good Lord I would give Cahill a run for his money :eek::eek:

Will Christensen or Kalas get a run very hard to say but I fully understand your pessimism. I was watching a bit of the Everton Spurs game after ours yesterday and much as it pains me you have to give Pochettino huge credit if Kane, Alli or Carrol were on our books they would be out on loan.

Alderweirld (sp) is another whos a very talented CB, hes one I was hoping that we'd sign in the summer actually, pretty versatile and hes a good defender too.

I think Spurs ahve a good setup, plenty of youth and it seems to be blended together pretty well but you have to give Sherwood the props for Kane and Carrol and Bentaleb too. When was Alli bought? Was probably a Levy buy on the back of some serious recommandations but the quality was there to see regarding his future.

Still though, refreshing to see a big club take chances with the youths and Allis goal was very well taken too.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

We're going to win the UCL now and finish 10th in the league with Spurs in 4th.

20/1 on PP and money in the bank.

Our next two league games, WBA and Everton are against sides who, on their travels, arent too bad in the league, Everton are currently 10th on away form, WBA 12th.

I'd be hopeful of 6 pts from 6pts available but wouldnt hold my breath, especially against Everton.

With Stones at the back we will score at least three against Everton :pac:

Plenty of noise about the availability of Isco. It could be a smashing bit of business to steal a march on city. A preemptive replacement of Oscar or fabregas

McDave wrote: »
    Hazard has been semi-detached for a long time. Mou identified his problems, which were the for all to see in the UCL against Athletico Madrid. It's clear we can't build a team around Hazard. From that POV he's dispensible. My instinct is to sell him for the kind of stupid money that would be offered for him.

Mourinho's tactics lost us the game much as Hazard. Zero ambition, fair enough playing for a draw away from home but at home, it was asking to lose. Same against PSG.

Hazards defensive output significantly improved during his time here. How much defending do the other top players in his position do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Until Madrid get rid of Benitez and replace him, Isco won't be going anywhere (imo)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

greendom wrote: »
    Until Madrid get rid of Benitez and replace him, Isco won't be going anywhere (imo)

Supposed to be getting rid of him this evening and replacing him with Zidane

I "nearly" feel sorry for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I suppose then it will be down to whether or not ZZ sees a future for Isco at RM. As he's not an external appointment he won't need to see him in training before he makes a decision.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hazard going to Madrid the way this season is going.

I just hope we dont end up with bloody Rafa long term :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

greendom wrote: »

Benitez gone. Isco on? :pac:

I just hope we dont end up with bloody Rafa long term :o

There is no way he would want to come back (thankfully).

Benitez gone. Isco on? :pac:

You never know with bloody Madrid, we were mad for sacking Jose but given their position in the league and how terrible about 14 or 15 teams are in Spain, relative to Reals squad, sacking him was a silly call.

Fans clearly didnt like him, players didnt seem to want him, yet he was a Real man through and through.

Chelsea often get a bad rep by our sacking of managers but Real are on another level and their fan base is absolute poison.

Sacked for winning 17 out of 25 games (I'm up for correction on this). Mind you they're md for sacking Carlo or Jose for that matter

duploelabs wrote: »
    Sacked for winning 17 out of 25 games (I'm up for correction on this). Mind you they're md for sacking Carlo or Jose for that matter

Jose left although he probably would have been sacked a few games into the season had he not left by mutual consent, although how much of it was mutual is anyones guess, he had lost the players but the fans remained onside but I can imagine the players went moaning to Perez.

Carlo was different too both, fans and players seemed to like him but the board and Perez are running a clown shop basically so sacking him was a seriously bad call.

There was some poor games in there from Rafa, both games against PSG they were 2nd best but they won, they nearly threw away a 4-0 lead against Shaktar in 5mins and the Valencia draw, 70 secs after scoring was amazing, coupled with 3 end to end chances in 1 minute for both teams showed Real were anything but solid under him.

They were the top scorers but they had only 1 clean sheet in the league in the last 10 games, its easy though when youre beating sides by 3, 4, 5 goals to overlook some rsults but the Barca hammering was one of the last nails in his coffin, if it wasnt for Navas that score could have been really really embarassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

hazard expected to be out for next 2 games

peteeeed wrote: »
    hazard expected to be out for next 2 games

Era, he wasnt missed against Palace and one of those games he wouldnt have played anyway so its no huge loss given how badly hes performing.

I'd prefer to rest/drop him for a run of games to get back to fitness than rush him back.

Watch him turn it on for the PSG games to secure a mega money to PAri sin the summer. Mark my words.

Drogba should be very good for the dressing room again anyway should he be signed up soon.

• Advertisement

Alex Texeira looks to be joining us too, probably for about £27-30m I think his buy out clause is something close to £30m or €36m.

Without seeing too much of him hes pretty much exactly what we have, a player that can play in a number of support positions and up top if needed, so I think bringing him in will see someone go, if not now, in the summer.

Alex Texeira looks to be joining us too, probably for about £27-30m I think his buy out clause is something close to £30m or €36m.

Without seeing too much of him hes pretty much exactly what we have, a player that can play in a number of support positions and up top if needed, so I think bringing him in will see someone go, if not now, in the summer.
    Replacement for Remy

duploelabs wrote: »
    Replacement for Remy

Could well be, apparently hes off on loan to try and get games and goals to make the France Euro 2016 squad.

Palace would suit him, Pardew has worked with him before at Newcastle and theyre setup to utilise his pace too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

pep showing a bit of leg

Pep Guardiola says he has not made up his mind which club he will manage next, but he has confirmed he wants to move to the Premier League.

The Bayern Munich boss revealed last month that he would not be renewing his contract in Bavaria in the summer and that has led to feverish speculation.

Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea have all been mentioned as potential destinations for the 44-year-old and now the former Barcelona boss has admitted he didn’t renew his deal with the Bundesliga club because he wants a job in England.

“The reason I have not extended my contract is simple. I want to manage in the Premier League,” said Guardiola.

“I haven’t decided on a new club yet.

“I’m very happy and grateful to Bayern for the trust they’ve shown in me but I need a new challenge.”

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/im-heading-for-the-premier-league-says-guardiola

He's just playing hard and negotiating his contract with someone, but who????

Will be shocked if it is not City

• Advertisement

It'll be City, he's just leveraging his position to get more $$

All the signs point towards City, maybe Chelsea can turn his head a little but I'd be shocked if its not City.

In fact I'd say we're 4th on his list of clubs to join in the summer, City, Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea.

Only Chelsea are 100% looking for a new manager at the moment so maybe thats in his mind, if we get in early we could set our stall out and have him in the door on June 1st and ready to go but I'd be very surprised if he does end up here which makes me very edgy about our own prospects.

Guardiola doesn't have to sign for a new club until the end of the season. If by some strange stroke of fate, we end up in next season's UCL, we're a reasonable bet for Pep.

Funnily enough, although City seem to be favourites, I think Arsenal are as likely. It would take a major pitch by Abramovich to land Guardiola. Including a carte blanche on clearing out the squad with a massive transfer pot. Chelsea could be a clean slate for him. However that could be as much a risk as an opportunity.

Its weird what a few games of not losing can do for even fans confidence, I'm actually looking forward to us playing more now, theres less sense of dread every time we've a match coming up.

If fans can feel like that I can only imagine what it can do for players. The Scunthorpe result shouldnt be in doubt anyway but the Bradford 4-2 last year from 2-0 is something to keep on our minds.

Guardiola doesn't have to sign for a new club until the end of the season. If by some strange stroke of fate, we end up in next season's UCL, we're a reasonable bet for Pep.

Funnily enough, although City seem to be favourites, I think Arsenal are as likely. It would take a major pitch by Abramovich to land Guardiola. Including a carte blanche on clearing out the squad with a massive transfer pot. Chelsea could be a clean slate for him. However that could be as much a risk as an opportunity.

Be some craic if we beat Peps Bayern in the final and he ended up joining us afterwards. :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement