Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

GavRedKing wrote: »
    With that money, who do we buy? I'd be hoping for Griezmann anyway.

Invest in cloning technologies and clone Willian, oh and while we are at it clone Dave!!!

I'd be happy with Greizmann, Reus... Bale ... Neymar :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

redman85 wrote: »
    Invest in cloning technologies and clone Willian, oh and while we are at it clone Dave!!!

I'd be happy with Greizmann, Reus... Bale ... Neymar :cool:

Ya any of those names are fantasy signings alright.

One from sligtly left field but super talented, Lucas Moura from PSG?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

Ya any of those names are fantasy signings alright.

My fantasy signing would be Verratti...I love everything about that little man, he has such a presence in midfield.

It will never happen though, unless we give in too PSG's demands and do a straight swap for Mikel :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

If Hazard does leave, I'd love to get in Bale. I know straight trades never go off, but this one really does seem to be in the best interests of both parties

Its also Hazards birthday. :o

Hope Roman remembers the birthday cake...

• Advertisement

If Hazard does leave, I'd love to get in Bale. I know straight trades never go off, but this one really does seem to be in the best interests of both parties

Except Bale, he doesnt want to seem to leave Real at all and why would he.

Apparently Oscar and Costa had a bit of a barney at training this morning.

2 silly tackles apparently and all was grand afterwards.

Must be a slow news day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Apparently Oscar and Costa had a bit of a barney at training this morning.

2 silly tackles apparently and all was grand afterwards.

Must be a slow news day.

https://twitter.com/oscar8/status/685167797136191488

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

We could be unbeaten in 5 games if we dont lose to Scunthorpe, 5 games people, this is not a test, stay calm.

• Advertisement

neil ashtown what a tw@t but not a bad article about Musonda (but still sneaks in rubbish along the way)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3389453/Charly-Musonda-talent-line-Belgian-midfielder-set-Chelsea-s-30th-loanee.html

Ya, just had a read off it, he loves the sneaky digs those Neil.

:pac:

Mail and other publiciations have ran with the training ground rumble between oscar and costa too, even though in the articles and even oscar came out saying it was nothing.

At least it shows they still care and have a bit of fight in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

Ya, just had a read off it, he loves the sneaky digs those Neil.

:pac:

Mail and other publiciations have ran with the training ground rumble between oscar and costa too, even though in the articles and even oscar came out saying it was nothing.

At least it shows they still care and have a bit of fight in them.

As much as I love a good Chelsea bashing story this really is bullsh*t.
    Even if they did give each other a bit of a slap, who cares and I cant believe this is news.

ronjo wrote: »
    Even if they did give each other a bit of a slap, who cares and I cant believe this is news.

It probably goes on a lot more than is ever published, its just the press assocation were at the training ground yesterday so it was bound to be leaked to the outside.

I mean it happens at all levels, have had it happen at every club at all ages I've been at, nothings made of it after a bit of handbags.

Its slow news days thats all.

Although I do expect one of the first questions at todays press conference will be about the incident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Hope Roman remembers the birthday cake...

He sent it to Ya Ya Toure by mistake. Hazard would be hopping mad but for his dicky groin.

I see we're still linked with Lavezzi, that must be the 3rd or 4th year in a row that transfer has been thrown around.

I see we're still linked with Lavezzi, that must be the 3rd or 4th year in a row that transfer has been thrown around.

i always thought he was a good fit for us as he plays very direct but ive not followed him for a couple of seasons , must be in his thirties now

peteeeed wrote: »
    i always thought he was a good fit for us as he plays very direct but ive not followed him for a couple of seasons , must be in his thirties now

I think 31 and his contract is up in the summer.

I wish we were playing tomorrow and not Sunday. :o

I'm hoping for wide spread changes but I dont think Guus will make many being honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

ronjo wrote: »

If the Eva saga can make such a newsworthy story, then anything is game

• Advertisement

At least we're not losing games anymore and it looks likely that we'll stay up at this rate, positives. :D

• Hazard Gav... Hazard ;)

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Hazard Gav... Hazard ;)

Hes only playing until the summer when he fecks off to the continent.

Be grand, we'll get serious coin for him and he can play whatever way he wants in Paris or Madrid. :pac:

• GavRedKing wrote: »
    Hes only playing until the summer when he fecks off to the continent.

Be grand, we'll get serious coin for him and he can play whatever way he wants in Paris or Madrid. :pac:

I'm on about the rumors floating around.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

duploelabs wrote: »
    If the Eva saga can make such a newsworthy story, then anything is game

To be honest I think the Eva situation was a big story.

I'm on about the rumors floating around.....

Oh to Utd, no hope and not for the £65m being quoted. If Sterling and De Bruyne are worth £50 million plus, Hazard is worth considerably more.

Makes no sense either, if he is to leave I'd expect it to be the summer and to Paris or Madrid, whoever offers the more insane amount of money, my betting, its PSG.

that gave me a chuckle , why would he go to utd ? out of the frying pan

peteeeed wrote: »
    that gave me a chuckle , why would he go to utd ? out of the frying pan

I cant see him going to Utd either being honest, he'll end up at Madrid or PSG eventually anyway and I honestly expect it to be this summer.

I cant see him going to Utd either being honest, he'll end up at Madrid or PSG eventually anyway and I honestly expect it to be this summer.

(Noise your mouse makes)(Put on hook to catch fish)

• Advertisement

No hazard falcao or remy this weekend.

With oy 1 cf fit id be playing bamfors anyway and rest costa or play traore.

• GavRedKing wrote: »
    Oh to Utd, no hope and not for the £65m being quoted. If Sterling and De Bruyne are worth £50 million plus, Hazard is worth considerably more.

Makes no sense either, if he is to leave I'd expect it to be the summer and to Paris or Madrid, whoever offers the more insane amount of money, my betting, its PSG.

Sure you don't want him @ Chelsea anyway ;)

Meh I'm just teasing...the "news" came from the Daily Rag or I mean Star anyway

Sure you don't want him @ Chelsea anyway ;)

Meh I'm just teasing...the "news" came from the Daily Rag or I mean Star anyway

I dont, I think he'll never reach the heights his talents deserve and thats down to himself.

Hes porbably better served to a less physically demanding league too.

The Star are like the Express in terms of reliability. :o

What pisses me off about Remy is that whenever we need him or he should have the opportunity to play he always seems to be injured.

His time here has been constant bad timing.

• Advertisement

Lukker- wrote: »
    What pisses me off about Remy is that whenever we need him or he should have the opportunity to play he always seems to be injured.

His time here has been constant bad timing.

Ya, its seriously annoying but when Costa was pants he wasnt getting game time either. :o

With both back up Cfs injured and our usual false 9 out too, do we go with Bamford or does Guus throw Pedro in as a false 9?

Either should work against Scunthorpe being honest, maybe even Traore might get a rare outting up top.

Tbh, I'd start with Costa, hopefully let him get a goal or two to continue his scoring form and getting him fitter.

Hopefully we are comfortable after 60 mins and give Bamford or Traore the last 30 minutes.

I would like to see RLC start though.

Tbh, I'd start with Costa, hopefully let him get a goal or two to continue his scoring form and getting him fitter.

Hopefully we are comfortable after 60 mins and give Bamford or Traore the last 30 minutes.

I would like to see RLC start though.

I'd love RLC to start with Matic or Ramires anyway as both of them have been dropped recently too, especially Matic.

My dream team would see about 8 changes but Cahill is apparently out or at least facing a late fitness test.

So this is what I'd go with, maybe swap Bamford for Costa

Begovic
    Azp Zouma Cahill/Papy D Baba
    Ramires Matic
    Kenedy RLC Pedro
    Bamford

Subs :
    Courtois
    Aina JT
    Mikel
    Traore Oscar
    Costa

RLC posted a pic of himself and Hiddink talking on the training ground. His past posts like this have suggested he's playing.

https://twitter.com/rubey_lcheek/status/685516573306695680

Hopefully he gets a start anyway. Ay home we should be winning easily enough no matter what the team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

If he doesn't get a game when we're at a home to a league 1 team in the FA cup, then he'll never get a game

I'd love nothing more than him to dominate the game and finally start getting some regular games

Hiddink said in his latest press conference that he has gotten to know some of the younger players more during training sessions. People expecting him to come in and integrate the youth in his first few must win games were being unrealistic. I'm confident we'll see 1 or 2 feature on Sunday.

Hiddink said in his latest press conference that he has gotten to know some of the younger players more during training sessions. People expecting him to come in and integrate the youth in his first few must win games were being unrealistic. I'm confident we'll see 1 or 2 feature on Sunday.

Ya, his job is to steady the ship first and foremost and get results and then, maybe play some youths from the bench if needed.

although tomorrow we should be good to play youths and experience and still win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Tammy Abraham might be in line for a game tomorrow apparently

If thats the case bamford will be going out on loan so id assume.

Hope so , the guy has everything in terms of potential , size , pace , great finisher at youth level

Chelsea team today: Begovic; Ivanovic (c), Zouma, Cahill, Azpilicueta; Ramires, Fabregas; Willian, Oscar, Pedro; Diego Costa.

Chelsea subs: Courtois, Terry, Baba Rahman, Mikel, Loftus-Cheek, Kenedy, Traore.

I posted it but my internet crashed :o

That team is a joke, its only Scunthorpe and hes playing no fringe players and no youths at all.

I know hes there to steady the ship but f**k me thats a serious kick in the plums for guys like Kenedy, RLC and Baba who would have probably started under Jose in this competition.

I posted it but my internet crashed :o

That team is a joke, its only Scunthorpe and hes playing no fringe players and no youths at all.

I know hes there to steady the ship but f**k me thats a serious kick in the plums for guys like Kenedy, RLC and Baba who would have probably started under Jose in this competition.

Big time

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement