Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Its a serious waste of a season for RLC, Kenedy, Traore and even more so the £20m LB Rahman, if you cant start against Scunthorpe how are you expected to compete for places in the tougher games?

these are the games that you give those guys on the fringe of the squad a game as well as some of the regulars especially given we've 2 more games in 7 days and hes played nearly a full strength team bar Courtois, JT and Hazard whos injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

That's ridiculous. I'm delighted we've started to show some improved form lately but in the grand scheme of things out doesn't matter as the season is already written off. The only good thing this season could have brought is blooding in some youngsters and we can't even manage that against Scunthorpe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Are we on TV today lads na

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

The prospect of blooding young players at Chelsea makes me laugh. The BT punditry team just compared the situation of Loftus Cheek and Dele Alli and they are right on that. Loftus Cheek was by far the more highly regarded prospect yet Dele Alli is trusted by Spurs, consistently plays first team football and as a result has completely leapfrogged Cheek. What a terrible shame for him it is that this is a club that cares not for its youth players at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Have we ever played the kids (regularly)? I dont recall that we did.

Shame - RLC must be a mouth in training or something. Or the top dogs have it in their contract that they have to play ahead of the youth/reserve team players coz I can't see any reason not to play a lurry load of them..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Are we on TV today lads

Yup, BT Sport 2
    rottie 11 wrote: »
    na
    ?

Yup, BT Sport 2

?

Nice one cheers

The prospect of blooding young players at Chelsea makes me laugh. The BT punditry team just compared the situation of Loftus Cheek and Dele Alli and they are right on that. Loftus Cheek was by far the more highly regarded prospect yet Dele Alli is trusted by Spurs, consistently plays first team football and as a result has completely leapfrogged Cheek. What a terrible shame for him it is that this is a club that cares not for its youth players at all.

It will cripple us over the next few seasons imo. It's not just terry who is nearing the end of his career, we have loads of spaces in the squad that need to be filled over the next few seasons.

RLC and kenedy shouldn't have even been a question to play today, I was expecting to see if Bamford /aina /Traore /colkett etc would get the start or the bench. Silly me.

Nice goal, should be a few here for the taking.

• Advertisement

hots wrote: »
    Nice goal, should be a few here for the taking.

Maybe not. Ramires and Pedro off at half time please.

Another super tackle from zouma there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Ramirez doing his best to keep Scunthorpe in this game. It's admirable really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

hots wrote: »
    Another super tackle from zouma there.

So athletic for someone built like a brick sh**house!!

Ramirez doing his best to keep Scunthorpe in this game. It's admirable really.

Should have been a peno against him there too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Reuben

****ing delighted :)

• Advertisement

Tidy finish rlc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

I was just thinking that I was disappointed with him today, but that was good movement and a tidy finish. Lampard-esque.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Teixeira wouldn't be blocked from joining Chelsea apparently.
    If he does a Willian of this season for us....welcome aboard!

Wait until we get Pep next year lads.

We'll be playing Kenedy and RLC next year under Pep.

RLC would flourish under a football playing coach if given game time anyway.

• Advertisement

Need more Mark Hughes, some wonderful footy being played under Sparky

Panthro wrote: »

If we get Mark Hughes im supporting Pep at City. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Panthro wrote: »

He's an obvious candidate for the job imo. Lots of premier league experience and has Stoke playing a lovely brand of football.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    If we get Mark Hughes im supporting Pep at City. :pac:

If we get Pep I'm supporting ....
    Ah who we kidding.
    We won't get Pep.

Sparky wont be considered because IMO hes not exotic or glamorous enough, does that mean he doesnt deserve it, nope, not at all but I dont think he'd be a candidate.

Much like Moyes, you usually only get 1 shot at the big time and he didnt exactly bring City very far, Mancini was better than him with a better squad clearly but pellegrini was an upgrade on mancini too.

With a better manager city would be scary good and Pep looks to be that guy, unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I had a massive hangover today so I've got to admit I did drift in an out a bit in the second half, missed RLC's goal but he took his opertunity well. I think kenedy looks very exciting too in fact the only gripe I'd have is that at 2-0 traore could have been afforded a bit more time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

First academy player to score since Carlton Cole.

Whys the draw not until tomorrow for the fa cup. :confused:

Hopefully we can win the FA cup, some silverware will help paper over such a dreadful season.

• Advertisement

Lukker- wrote: »
    Hopefully we can win the FA cup, some silverware will help paper over such a dreadful season.

Id settle for the champions league

On a serious note the cup would put some gloss on the season for us. As regards Hughes, gav is right,it wouldn't be a sexy appointment but I feel it's the direction we should be looking at i.e. closer to home.

I'd like Pochetino, his teams play attractive enough football and I think he's well suited to the league. He developed the younger players at Spurs and Southampton too.

Delighted RLC scored but I thought he looked a bit lazy off the ball, strolling around when Scunthopre were on the counter. Kenedy on the otherhand was everywhere and looking for the ball to drive at their line. Both of them are great prospects and I hope they get some serious game time over the next few weeks.

Crazy to think Zouma is only 21 :eek:

redman85 wrote: »
    Delighted RLC scored but I thought he looked a bit lazy off the ball, strolling around when Scunthopre were on the counter. Kenedy on the otherhand was everywhere and looking for the ball to drive at their line. Both of them are great prospects and I hope they get some serious game time over the next few weeks.

Crazy to think Zouma is only 21 :eek:

Completely agree, very yaya-like strolling around. Could use some lampard mentoring to get that work rate up. He made some good challenges and composed on the ball but positionally he was all over the place and didn't put enough of a shift in imo.

Kenedy was great again, love his pace and energy. Would rather be was getting game time over Pedro in hazards absence tbh.

Ramires and Oscar were both pretty poor today and Ivan looked to have gone back a step.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Think Ivan improved today and put in a good cross. Oscar was poor again and hope RLC gets more time. Another clean sheet on and upwards from here.

Well with drogba back sometime soon to coach, hopefully instill a winning mentality into the younger players like Kenedy and RLC and what it means to bleed lue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I'd gladly accept no trophy's this year and a break from champions league next season if Gus can put his arm around some of these academy players and get them integrated into the first team.

kev1.3s wrote: »
    I'd gladly accept no trophy's this year and a break from champions league next season if Gus can put his arm around some of these academy players and get them integrated into the first team.

Couldn't agree more, this season is a write-off so why not try out some of our academy players.

According to the interview with Guus on BT he thought RLC was 23 not 19, said you dont see many year olds with that physique!

• Advertisement

Couldn't agree more, this season is a write-off so why not try out some of our academy players.

According to the interview with Guus on BT he thought RLC was 23 not 19, said you dont see many year olds with that physique!

I remember Micah richards about the same age being built like a house.

Zoumas no small man either. :o

RLc 19
    Zouma 21
    Courtois 23
    Rahman 21
    Kenedy 19

These are the guys we should be building the team around for the next 5 years, theres serious amounts of talent in those 5 guys.

Rahman was bundesliga defender of the year.
    Courtois is top 3 in the world, easily.
    Zouma is one of the finest young CBs around.
    RLC has serious amounts of ability, if he can reach them we're sorted for CM.
    Kenedy is a surprise package, good footballer already and his potential is pretty high IMO.

So I'm not too worried about the future but we've to start playing RLC, Kenedy and especially Rahman to get the best out of them, which is why I'd renew Ivans contract for 1 year while Christensen is still on loan and bed rahman in as a starter and Ivan as back up.

kev1.3s wrote: »

I think when 4th is impossible, probably with about 6-8 games to go, he'll probably start playing more youths from the start and giving them a run which takes off the pressure and lets them just perform.

Rahman was bundesliga defender of the year.

I dont think Jose trusted Baba much and I can see why he hasnt played recently. Guus has been going on about how we need more leaders on the pitch, naturally Ivanovic fits that bill. I know who I would rather crossing into the box :rolleyes:

I dont think Jose trusted Baba much and I can see why he hasnt played recently. Guus has been going on about how we need more leaders on the pitch, naturally Ivanovic fits that bill. I know who I would rather crossing into the box :rolleyes:

Well hopefully Rahman stays around, much younger than Luis last year and Ivans contract is up too this year.

I'd much prefer to have Azp at RB and rahman at LB, would make us much more dangerous going forward.

Most talk I've heard is that Baba isn't strong enough for the PL yet. They are working on bringing his conditioning to a PL standard, I think that's the primary reason he hasn't featured.

Alot depends on who our next permanent manager is too.

He may not fancy playing the youths either leaving us in a difficult position. If we had won 2-0 today and RLC or another youth didnt score the result would have looked less impressive, too me anyway.

• Advertisement

Meh, I'm perfectly happy with the line-up and how the game went. We should be going all out to win the cup. If we can play RLC while doing so all the better. Reading some forums and it's like they want to see the u21's play as the full team every game. Blooding youth is gradual, for the best result. We've seen it in the past where we play an entirely different line-up in cup games and get knocked out by lesser teams. That does no one any good as most of the young players won't get the chance to prove themselves again until next season then. Hopefully we get a nice draw next round and RLC might get a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

I guess regarding Baba II when Dave arrived it took him a while to get into the team on a consistent basis (and then at LB as Ash got injured) same as Happy so seen as this season is gone build him up properly as Dave, Happy and Baba II will be the basis of our defence for the next 5 years at least. Perhaps Christensen or Kalas as well that would be non to shabby.

I do hope we get RLC to sign a new contract soon as we will regret him going the same as I assume United supporters must rue Pogba going.

Reports from Italy suggests we're chasing AC Milans Carlos Bacca, which I seriously doubt that as the figure is something like 30m and the guy is 29, hes 30 next September.

The other is that the Teixeria deal is close to complete.

I guess regarding Baba II when Dave arrived it took him a while to get into the team on a consistent basis (and then at LB as Ash got injured) same as Happy so seen as this season is gone build him up properly as Dave, Happy and Baba II will be the basis of our defence for the next 5 years at least. Perhaps Christensen or Kalas as well that would be non to shabby.

I do hope we get RLC to sign a new contract soon as we will regret him going the same as I assume United supporters must rue Pogba going.

Someone pointed it out, theres very little between Delle Alli and RLC, the only thing is Alli is getting starts for Spurs. Now, Spurs dont have the quality of our CMs or our #10s but the thing is, our quality players have failed to perform this year too, so RLC should have got a shot and maybe he'd be a starter too.

He'd probably faeture for a few EPL teams at this stage of his development and hes only 19. As you said above, we've to nail him down to a long contract and hopefully the 45mins and goal and support from the fans n social media will sway him towards staying.

He could drop down a level or two, even to a lower EPL side and work up in the coming 3-4 years but I'd love if he stayed here in proved hes got what it takes to make it to the top for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Reports from Italy suggests we're chasing AC Milans Carlos Bacca, which I seriously doubt that as the figure is something like 30m and the guy is 29, hes 30 next September.

The other is that the Teixeria deal is close to complete.

Ah silly season Gav it is also reported no bid has been made for Teixeria

http://www.chelseafcblog.com/transfer-news/shakhtar-boss-no-chelsea-bid-alex-teixeira/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+chelseablog+%28Chelsea+FC+Blog%29

And that we are looking to sign an Amadou Diawara on the strength he has scored one goal all season (still right age profile dpending upon price I guess).

http://metro.co.uk/2016/01/11/chelsea-prepare-transfer-bid-for-amadou-diawara-report-5614711/?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement