Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Lukker- wrote: »
    Hiddink says Remy is staying and also that we are in the market for another striker. Berahino being mentioned. He has potential for sure, but I don't see him featuring loads if I'm honest. I'd still have Remy a level above him and he can barely get a game although I expect him to play more under Hiddink, who seems better at rotating the players.

I think Costa has turned around his antics and his play in general in recent weeks and hes scoring again.

We're much more of a threat now and its great to see, as long as hes scoring goals, hes going to stay in the team. I'd actually play Remy LW and Oscar at #10 and Willian RW.

Pedros output isnt great and Remy is more of a goal threat but I suppose he doiesnt want to gamble on our only 2 fit CFs incase they get hacked down.

If and buts I know but here goes, if we had 2 more wins under our belt we'd have a decent chance of top 4, all of the teams from about 8th up have a chance of breaking into the top 4, now, clearly Utd and Pool are better equipped for top 4 than say West Ham or Palace who are in the mix too but the top 4 at the moment looks to be between City & Arsenal for 1st and 2nd, and Leicester, Utd, Spurs and Pool for 2 spots.

Even saying that, Spurs look good for a top 4 and well Leicester are 2nd in the league so Utd and Pool have some catching up to do.

Given that our last 3 home games of the year are against City, Spurs and Leicester, we're not going to trouble top 4 but we might have a say in where people end up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ronjo

GavRedKing wrote: »
    If and buts I know but here goes, if we had 2 more wins under our belt we'd have a decent chance of top 4, all of the teams from about 8th up have a chance of breaking into the top 4, now, clearly Utd and Pool are better equipped for top 4 than say West Ham or Palace who are in the mix too but the top 4 at the moment looks to be between City & Arsenal for 1st and 2nd, and Leicester, Utd, Spurs and Pool for 2 spots.

Even saying that, Spurs look good for a top 4 and well Leicester are 2nd in the league so Utd and Pool have some catching up to do.

Given that our last 3 home games of the year are against City, Spurs and Leicester, we're not going to trouble top 4 but we might have a say in where people end up.

You cant write off West Ham either.
    Since Valenica came back they have 3wins and a draw and now with their jewel Payet fit again they are looking as much like a top 4 side as Liverpool I reckon.

ronjo wrote: »
    You cant write off West Ham either.
    Since Valenica came back they have 3wins and a draw and now with their jewel Payet fit again they are looking as much like a top 4 side as Liverpool I reckon.

you're right, the way the league is going, its silly to write off anyone in the top 8 for a top 4 finish.

Of all the sides outside of the top 4, the ones I'd expect to finish in there are Utd but their consistency isnt there at the moment.

The quality of all the sides, is a lot closer than it was 5 years ago, thats partly due to the top teams regressing and stagnating and the lower teams having the cash injections good scouting and not being bent over the barrel for foreign players.

Its really important that we get 4 or 6 pts from the next 2 games, for the first time in months I feel confident enough to suggest its quiet possible to do it also.

After WBA and Everton we've the small matter of an away trip to a title favourite at the Emirates which is followed by an away trip to high flying Watford and thena home tie to Utd, throw in the IUCL tie against PSG and we've a serious amount of tough games upcoming.

So we've got a really tough run of fixtures, be good to keep up the confidence going into these fixtures by beating WBA tonight so heres hoping we get the business done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Bamford is playing with the u21s until he proves himself and gets match fit. Probably the right call, he barely played for Palace and when he did he wasn't great. Needs to get some sharpness first.

Bamford is playing with the u21s until he proves himself and gets match fit. Probably the right call, he barely played for Palace and when he did he wasn't great. Needs to get some sharpness first.

Ya, with Remy being back to fitness I think we'll get away with 2 CFs for the moment.

A few U21 games and he might impress Guus enough to throw him in the squad or even an FA cup start or might get him ready for another loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3397371/Chelsea-defender-Baba-Rahman-s-frustrating-watch-stands-don-t-want-experience-longer.html

Right, Ivan you take a seat there on the oul bench, Dave you toddle over to your natural position. Baba, get in there ya rascal and don't be cribbin' about yer game time!:pac:

Panthro wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3397371/Chelsea-defender-Baba-Rahman-s-frustrating-watch-stands-don-t-want-experience-longer.html

Right, Ivan you take a seat there on the oul bench, Dave you toddle over to your natural position. Baba, get in there ya rascal and don't be cribbin' about yer game time!:pac:

Hes been criminally under used, even in recent games Ivan has been roasted by wingers but theres not as many goals coming becasue of it, it seemed like the first 10 or 15 goals we did leave in he was at fault for nearly every single one of them, we're just not getting as punished for Ivans mistakes as we were earlier in the year.

I'd sling his hook ASAP anyway and go forward with two natural FBs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Should be another 3 pts tonight ... keep it going, building building building ..

• Advertisement

Should be another 3 pts tonight ... keep it going, building building building ..

We still look pretty weak at the moment but there is slight improvments, we're now scoring goals finally and we're not shipping as many, bar the Watford game.

I'm confident we'll win but I've said that before and its back fired.

Cavani, could apparently be available, hes 29 in February but Blanc says hes got problems, its probably because hes being played wide for PSG.

Another play I was hoping we'd get back in summer 2013.

Team is

Courtois
    Ivan Zouma JT Azp
    Mikel Cesc
    Willian Oscar Pedro
    Costa

Subs

Begovic
    Cahill
    Matic Ramires
    RLC Kenedy
    Remy

Actually, now that Remy and Costa are both fit and able to start tomorrow I'm pretty confident we'll get the win.

Team now picks itself with Hazard out injured IMO.

Courtois
    Ivan Zouma JT Azp
    Mikel Cesc
    Willian OScar Pedro
    Costa

Begovic
    Cahill
    Matic Ramires RLC
    Kenedy
    Remy

From yesterday ^^^^^^ :pac:
    Team is

Courtois
    Ivan Zouma JT Azp
    Mikel Cesc
    Willian Oscar Pedro
    Costa
    Subs

Begovic
    Cahill
    Matic Ramires
    RLC Kenedy
    Remy

I'm happy enough with that team, should be plenty enough to beat WBA.

Would have like to seen more rotation with arguably a tougher game against Everton on Saturday but feck it, 3 pts and then we can worry about Everton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

Get in!

Lovely ball from Ivan.

Oscar has been awful tonight, such an inconsistent player.

Oscars only consistency is his inconsistency.

Could eaily rep;lace him at HT with Ramires/Matic or RLC and push Cesc into #10 role

• Advertisement

As bad as oscar has been I'd sub Pedro for Kennedy at half time, getting out muscled for every ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

redman85 wrote: »
    As bad as oscar has been I'd sub Pedro for Kennedy at half time, getting out muscled for every ball

a fine call

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

In my opinion pedro was directly responsible for the equaliser.

Time to get Costa off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Time to get Costa off.

He's working on that himself!

I don't care what the official line is, that'll be kenedy' goal in my book.

ah ffs !!!

Hiddink Out !!! :p:p

West brom fully deserve something from this.

We really are shít, it's amazing the fall ...

• Advertisement

what the fcuk was going on with zouma in the last 10 mins?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Jaysis - twice in the lead and twice pegged back? At home? To WBA? Pathetic. Time for Fab to be dropped and let Oscar play in his position.

Costa isn't worth the hassle either.

At least we didn't lose so I guess that's something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

I'm so glad we got rid of Jose, we never could have dreamed of a 2-2 draw at home to West brom under his tutelage :|

Killinator wrote: »
    I'm so glad we got rid of Jose, we never could have dreamed of a 2-2 draw at home to West brom under his tutelage :|

Correct - we would have lost.

The way Jose had us playing we would have lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

It is apparent that there will be no happy ever after with this squad. We need at least 4 big names to leave. Guus will merely get us to the finish line in the top 10. Who in gods name is going to fix this mess?

• Advertisement

Watford at home 2-2 and West Brom at home 2-2.

Dreadful stuff.

It is apparent that there will be no happy ever after with this squad. We need at least 4 big names to leave. Guus will merely get us to the finish line in the top 10. Who in gods name is going to fix this mess?

No one can.

The club is dead.

R I P

Start getting into other sports lads, may I suggest Tiddly Winks or curling ?

Apparently we have not won back to back league games this season. That is shocking.

Ya, we're sh*t.

If we could defend at all and finish aome of the chances we might out score teams.

We're cant trade punches with teams coz we're getting caught at the back.

We leak goals for fun and its a disgrace being honest.

• Advertisement

Hiddink has 1 win in 4 league games and 3 draws.

Being honest, we'd probably have managed the same return under Jose.

Just want the season to be done, when you think its improving we end up throwin away the lead twice at home. Last 2 home games weve now drawn 2 all to watford and wba.

IMO thats not nearly good enough and should have been 6 pts. Draw away to Utd and beating Oalace were good results but when you cant win at home, thats a serious problem.

Our best chance of any joy this year is in the fa cup and I wouldnt trust us away to any team and we wont beat any of the top 6 sides if we draw them home or away.

I think Hazard, Costa and Fabregas pulled us through a lot of last season and we had a big fear factor. That's gone now and the boys aren't performing, just shows how average we are.

Can't stand West Brom though and their brand of American Football.

• Was discusding this with a M8 of mine in work, in a nutshell he's a Chelsea fan and is still sickened Jose was sacked.
    Il get a good laugh out of him tomorrow, hes gonna be bould with that result.
    Players not being held accountable by the sounds of it. Way too much power at the club.

Guus said post match that he is going to give the youth more chances. Namely RLC and Kenedy.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Was discusding this with a M8 of mine in work, in a nutshell he's a Chelsea fan and is still sickened Jose was sacked.
    Il get a good laugh out of him tomorrow, hes gonna be bould with that result.
    Players not being held accountable by the sounds of it. Way too much power at the club.

Youre just lucky you dont know many Newcastle fans :o :P

Era any sane fan could see the season was over in October barring a miracle, it just got worse and the barrel was scrope when Jose was sacked.

Its hard to see where the power is though, probably costa and hazard, maybe mikel too whos said some questionnable things sine Joses gone.

Its done now all we can do is play out the season and hope for a cup run, bit like 90s Chelsea really. :o

I think Hazard, Costa and Fabregas pulled us through a lot of last season and we had a big fear factor. That's gone now and the boys aren't performing, just shows how average we are.

Pulis, enough said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Only saw from 45 onwards (no commentary on an American bar) and tbf I thought we were okay. Watching it really felt like watching a work in progress.

I've seen better and worse this season, very much par for the course unfortunately. Kenedy could do with spending some time with Hazard, he shoots at every opportunity which is the opposite of haz.

Also one again surely it's time for baba? Ivan is doing better but still easily beaten every time for pace, it puts too much pressure on everyone else around him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

'4 big names' out, Jose in. :pac:

American football ?

don't get it - you mean their style of play is like the MLS ?

McDave wrote: »
    '4 big names' out, Jose in. :pac:

^^this, and it's a shame it's a joke.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement