Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

That would be my guess too, terrible loan he's having at the moment, confirms to me anyway that he will never be good enough for Chelsea.

If he can't get a game for Crystal Palace how is he ever expected to play Champions League football for Chelsea. I also think his achievements last season were over-hyped. 20 odd goals over a 46 game championships season isn't overly impressive when you are aspiring to be hitting 20 goals for Chelsea.

I'm sorry but that is BS. Kane couldn't get game time with Norwich while they were in the Championship.

He has to go somewhere where the manager trusts him, he has had what 2 appearances for Palace from the bench? Personally I think Palace was an ambitious loan for him, Pardew promised him the world but in all reality only ever saw him as cover. He would have been better going to the lower end sides or newly promoted.

He has shown throughout his career already that if you play him he'll score, he's only 22 ffs and he already averages 1 in 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Lukker- wrote: »
    I'm sorry but that is BS. Kane couldn't get game time with Norwich while they were in the Championship.

He has to go somewhere where the manager trusts him, he has had what 2 appearances for Palace from the bench? Personally I think Palace was an ambitious loan for him, Pardew promised him the world but in all reality only ever saw him as cover. He would have been better going to the lower end sides or newly promoted.

He has shown throughout his career already that if you play him he'll score, he's only 22 ffs and he already averages 1 in 2.

The fact they bought Wickham just before the start of the season would lead to assume Pardew didn't really rate him.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Thats only about 7 weeks away :pac:

If by then we're back in the top 4 I'll be truly shocked, maybe by the end of December a top 6/7 position wouldnt be bad.

I reckon by the end of January we'll be pushing for top 4.

I don't think we will be in the top four but within spitting distance, certainly top 6 and improving. If form has not significantly improved by then next seasons CL is dependant on winning the CL or Europa

The fact they bought Wickham just before the start of the season would lead to assume Pardew didn't really rate him.

IMO Bamford was just an insurance policy if they didn't get Wickham, I think Pardew knew Murray was leaving all along and decided to cover himself just in case.

I doubt we'll do them any favours again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,780 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

It would be very hard for Bamford to get games if he has any competition at all. Sure at the start they played Murray ahead of him, probably to get him in the shop window.

Loanees need to be first choice, the team won't take a chance of them unless they are absolutely better than what they have. If it's a 50-50 between a loanee and a player they own, at least playing the player they own might benefit them long term.

It's even harder for defenders/defensive midfielders like Ake and Chalobah to impress since they need to have many minutes on the field to be able to impress. At least a striker can impress in 5 minutes by scoring, if a defender comes on for 5 minutes and they don't concede, he won't be praised at all since he was just doing his job

Our loan farm is mostly good, it brings in a lot of income, and you get situations like Courtois sometimes but all too often a Bamford is happening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Would love to see Bamford brought back and just kept with the club, tbh I'd cancel Falcao's loan and save us the $$$. Bamford would probably be worse (as inconceivable as that is) but at least we'd get a chance to blood him in for 5 games or so and see if he has the personality at least for this level. As someone else mentioned with Kane, if you don't take a gamble on these lads then you'll never get that gem come through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Willian got 2 goals for Brazil last night in a WC qualifier.

Hazard scored for Belgium too.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Hazard scored for Belgium too.

He was linking well with others and taking on his man too, which was reassuring to see.

Im glad Willian is finally hitting goals somewhat consistently, I think the last 2 seasons hes only managed about 4 goals for us in total.

Hes already at 3 this year and hes matched last years league tally of 2. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Are we going to see a big change in mood and attitude this weekend? Jose and the team have to hit the ground running with a win, and one where they play with some assurance.

I'd like to see a small but perceptible shift towards using and coming to rely on RLC and Zouma. And keeping one of the big names (like Cesc) on the bench for each match for a while (see if it brings the hunger back). And seeing if we can encourage new leaders (Willian has been doing well recently - his confidence must be well up, and his attitude is great).

We certainly can't go on with the mopey squad playing limp, listless porcelain football. And Jose continuing the blame game (no matter how justified he may be). Time for all to man up and grinding out a sequence of results.

McDave wrote: »
    Are we going to see a big change in mood and attitude this weekend? Jose and the team have to hit the ground running with a win, and one where they play with some assurance.

I'd like to see a small but perceptible shift towards using and coming to rely on RLC and Zouma. And keeping one of the big names (like Cesc) on the bench for each match for a while (see if it brings the hunger back). And seeing if we can encourage new leaders (Willian has been doing well recently - his confidence must be well up, and his attitude is great).

We certainly can't go on with the mopey squad playing limp, listless porcelain football. And Jose continuing the blame game (no matter how justified he may be). Time for all to man up and grinding out a sequence of results.

Well we live in eternal hope really we need to start seeing some urgency really soon if the season is not to be a total wipeout. The trouble with the blame game is the cry wolf aspect when you have a valid point it is lost.

That said I think the 7 minute dialogue on Sky after the Saints game had a more significant meaning it was directed I think at various targets Roman and the board being one but the more I think of it I think a lot was directed at the players as well. It is so out of character I feel there was much to it than meets the eye.

Still a good 3 points on Saturday would be a good start but as importantly a proper performance is needed.

Well we live in eternal hope really we need to start seeing some urgency really soon if the season is not to be a total wipeout. The trouble with the blame game is the cry wolf aspect when you have a valid point it is lost.

That said I think the 7 minute dialogue on Sky after the Saints game had a more significant meaning it was directed I think at various targets Roman and the board being one but the more I think of it I think a lot was directed at the players as well. It is so out of character I feel there was much to it than meets the eye.

Still a good 3 points on Saturday would be a good start but as importantly a proper performance is needed.
    Precisely (the bit in bold). Jose has come down hard on the team on a number of occasions. While he might be right, it only highlights the extent to which he's lost control of affairs.

Anyhoo, time to knuckle down and get a sequence of wins under the belt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Pudders wrote: »

Literally not so much as a quote in that article. It's not worth the ink it was written with. Got any more 'reliable' sources?

• Advertisement

Jose isn't taking his FA punishment lying down. A little snippet:
    So I think the only good thing of this last decision by the FA is that every manager in this country can write in a little book and, when he goes to a press conference, he knows that ‘afraid’ costs £50,000. ‘Weak and naïve’, you can use.
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/oct/15/jose-mourinho-chelsea-fa-fine-disgrace-electronic-tag

Absolute gold! :D

Always liked Soxy but that piece is just sucking up to his employers no more no less.

He comments that the alleged harsh treatment of Carneiro by Chelsea has set the game back, yet she was equally critical of his employers the FA a fact which seems to have escaped a quite intelligent man or is simply not worthy of comment.

Its amazing how many people want to jump on the kick them when they are down bandwagon, it will make it all the sweeter when we rise back up again. But it is sad that Soxy has aligned himself with Burley

Jose isn't taking his FA punishment lying down. A little snippet:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/oct/15/jose-mourinho-chelsea-fa-fine-disgrace-electronic-tag

Absolute gold! :D

Hold the phone - have we not had loads of "visitors" in this forum slagging TSHO for using the word naive in reference to the Carneiro & Fearn. Hmmm more double standards per chance?

I do hope the next time a referees decision goes against us he uses the words naive and weak just to see what happens.

Pudders wrote: »

Indeed direct quotes from 6 first team players supporting TSHO fails into insignificance when compared to an unreferenced quote from a hack.

Interested what different light exactly does that put the Chelsea players comments into?

So then pop pickers with Ivan the Terrible is on his sick bed (even worse with no Eva to soothe him) who is to replace him?

I fear it will be a back 4 of Zouma, JT, Cahill, Dave would much prefer Dave, Zouma, JT, Baba.

So I would go with this team

Begovic,
    Dave, Zouma, JT, Baba,
    RLC, Ram,
    Willian, Hazard, Oscar,
    Costa

But I think it will be

Begovic,
    Zouma, JT, Cahill, Dave,
    RLC, Cesc,
    Willian, Hazard, Pedro,
    Costa

• Advertisement

So then pop pickers with Ivan the Terrible is on his sick bed (even worse with no Eva to soothe him) who is to replace him?

I fear it will be a back 4 of Zouma, JT, Cahill, Dave would much prefer Dave, Zouma, JT, Baba.

So I would go with this team

Begovic,
    Dave, Zouma, JT, Baba,
    RLC, Ram,
    Willian, Hazard, Oscar,
    Costa

But I think it will be

Begovic,
    Zouma, JT, Cahill, Dave,
    RLC, Cesc,
    Willian, Hazard, Pedro,
    Costa

I'm easy with either back 4 tbh, benefits of both. Assuming Mou keeps his word with RLC I reckon it'll be Pedro dropped with Matic and Fab in the middle and Willian and Hazard on the wings. Not what I'd do but I don't think he has the sphericals to drop Fab.

I'd prefer RLC & Matic and then Pedro Willian Hazard ahead of them. Maybe Oscar ahead of Pedro.

hots wrote: »
    I'm easy with either back 4 tbh, benefits of both. Assuming Mou keeps his word with RLC I reckon it'll be Pedro dropped with Matic and Fab in the middle and Willian and Hazard on the wings. Not what I'd do but I don't think he has the sphericals to drop Fab.

I'd prefer RLC & Matic and then Pedro Willian Hazard ahead of them. Maybe Oscar ahead of Pedro.

That would be an excellent option but like you cant see it happening, Matic seems out of sorts, form and favour sadly.

Cesc seems a bullet proof as Ivan for some very strange reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Looking forward to seeing the team tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

+1 for Tony Pulis in my book.

Very bland press conference would say nowt about ST£50k fine and suspended ban as it is being appealed (nice that TSHO got some support http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3275774/Chelsea-boss-Jose-Mourinho-s-50-000-fine-extraordinary-FA-transparent-money-going-blasts-West-Brom-manager-Tony-Pulis.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490)

Did say Costa has figured out why we are losing during the international break so all should be well.

Very bland press conference would say nowt about ST£50k fine and suspended ban as it is being appealed (nice that TSHO got some support http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3275774/Chelsea-boss-Jose-Mourinho-s-50-000-fine-extraordinary-FA-transparent-money-going-blasts-West-Brom-manager-Tony-Pulis.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490)

Did say Costa has figured out why we are losing during the international break so all should be well.

Costa is a genius!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

3 points today is vital. I think we will win 2-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

Chelsea team v Aston Villa: Begovic; Baba, Terry (c), Zouma, Azpilicueta; Loftus-Cheek, Ramires; Wilian, Fabregas, Pedro; Diego Costa.
    Chelsea subs v Aston Villa: Blackman, Cahill, Matic, Mikel, Oscar, Hazard, Remy.

Happy to see RLC start :D

Matic and hazard dropped. Surprised he did that , I'd have rather ed xesc dropped than either of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Plenty of pace in there.....and fabregas

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I'd fear for Jose if he can't win this.

Villa are dire.

Costa back in form maybe ? Haven't seen the game only know he scored

Costa back in form maybe ? Haven't seen the game only know he scored

No, goal came from a Villa mistake, I think he's wasted a few chances/made the wrong choice.

We look sh*te tbh. Baba looks shaky, but I guess that's to be expected. Azpi, Willian our best players. RLC had a few moments. I don't think partnering him with Ramires is working though, both players like to run at people. Game is kind of passing our midfield by.

Pedro having an awful game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Costa is more interested in goals than fights. Which is nice. Villa are absolutely toothless in attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Duck Soup wrote: »
    Costa is more interested in goals than fights. Which is nice. Villa are absolutely toothless in attack.

He's still messing around, strange character.

rottie 11 wrote: »
    3 points today is vital. I think we will win 2-0

:D

Baba had a very shaky first half, you can understand why Jose didn't think he was ready. Bit better in the second half.

A win is a win, much needed even though both goals were gifts. Fabregas showed glimpses. Pedro was stink. Rest of the team were pretty average. Willian our best player by a mile.

We really just need to learn to win ugly again and claw our way back up the table, I don't think we'll be putting in any pretty performances anytime soon. The players don't have the confidence.

Ake starting for Watford, hopefully they can get a point of Arsenal.

• Advertisement

Mou pitches at Hazard again. And not for the first time.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jose-mourinho-says-eden-hazard-6652824

I have this feeling that Jose could cut Hazard loose quite soon if he doesn't play by his rules. Not that it would happen that way, but if he got a straight swop for Pogba, he'd pull Juventus's arm off in the process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Mou pitches at Hazard again. And not for the first time.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jose-mourinho-says-eden-hazard-6652824

I have this feeling that Jose could cut Hazard loose quite soon if he doesn't play by his rules. Not that it would happen that way, but if he got a straight swop for Pogba, he'd pull Juventus's arm off in the process.

We have that ability to sell big and buy big. I can see no reason why he wouldn't be shipped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Willian is the first name on the team sheet at the moment, playing great stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

was RLC injured? Thought he was playing quite well

Shows faith in Fabregas and Ivanovic, despite both of them having poor finishes to the season last year as well as the well documented problems of this year

But the guy who dragged us across the line last year, game in game out, very little support shown to him

He's a curious one Jose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Shows faith in Fabregas and Ivanovic, despite both of them having poor finishes to the season last year as well as the well documented problems of this year

But the guy who dragged us across the line last year, game in game out, very little support shown to him

He's a curious one Jose

Fallout from the Carneiro incident?

• Advertisement

Im only guessing the guys that were dropped on Saturday were those that had late internationals with their countries....well except Willian who was late back with Brazil but is playing well the last few weeks.

I can imagine the rags will be running with Hazard out stories for the next few days but the guy will more than likely start on Tuesday in Kyiv, I'd be shocked if he didnt.

Beating Villa 5 or 6 months ago was routine, nothing would be made of a 2-0 win, it shows how bad we've become that its a relative big deal beating a side as poor as Villa, that being said we've drawn with equally as poor a side in Newcastle. The season will only come back on track when we start putting down 4 or 5 wins on the spin, we've dropped stupid points already and the title is a write off but top 4 is well within our grasp as our main rivals for it are probably Pool and Spurs.

We've a very difficult set of games coming up against Kyiv away, West Ham away, Stoke home (capital 1 cup), Pool home, Kyiv at home in the next 5.

Go unbeaten in those and I'll be happy enough, I'd really hope we take 4 pts in Europe and win our 2 league games as one is against a top 4 rival that will be close in May.

Fallout from the Carneiro incident?

I have the sniffles, can I blame it on the Eva incident?

Thought not.
    *sniff

Panthro wrote: »
    I have the sniffles, can I blame it on the Eva incident?

Thought not.
    *sniff

The long and short of it is Hazard has been pants.

Jose has said why hespicking Cesc, nobody else in the team is as creative as him or is willing to take a risk, whether thats right or wrong remains to be seen but RLC and Ramires were quiet good against Villa.

Jose also said why he played Ivan, suggesting height was the main reason he was starting, which was weird as Villa lined out with Rudy Gestde who offers little more than an aerial threat and Jose picked two relatively short FB's, I really expected to see Zouma at rB and Cahill and JT in the centre, it was refreshing to see two natural FBs in the flanks even if both didnt offer much going forward, IMO. Rahman and Azp were pretty wasteful going forward and Rahman was exposed once or twice but Azp was pretty decent on the opposite side in his defensive duties.

As I said, it should be a routine victory over Villa at home but recent events and results have cast doubt over this sides ability to even do that.

I feel we're still not creating and taking enough chances, the two goals, one from a Villa mistake and the other from an OG doesnt show the full picture, we did create another 2 or 3 good chances that went begging but we have to start being more clinical in front of goal, at least 3 points and a clean sheet is a good start.

Well we were slightly better Saturday... As others have said Baba looked raw still, far too many mistakes from a guy fighting for a starting spot. RLC looked good and I was very surprised to see him taken off. Costa looked hungry too which was good.

3 points are 3 points I guess.

hots wrote: »
    Well we were slightly better Saturday... As others have said Baba looked raw still, far too many mistakes from a guy fighting for a starting spot. RLC looked good and I was very surprised to see him taken off. Costa looked hungry too which was good.

3 points are 3 points I guess.

I wouldnt have taken off RLC being honest, I would have whipped Pedro and thrown Ramires RW and MAtic CM and left RLC on but I suppose Jose wanted experience too, at least MAtic was decent once he came on and got more than 20/25mins :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement