Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

On the other hand, I cant see Real selling Isco for any price, the guy is seriously talented.

what a day wrote: »
    I think all players a gettable TBH. Fair enough if Barca come along chances are the player is gonna wana play along side Messi etc. But if the money is right most clubs will sell. After all the clubs have come out and gave a crazy price like 70m for Griezman and Pogba 80m.
    Im saying we sould spend that money but thats more thna likely what it will cost to get them when you look at Utd buying and unproven 18 year old for 60m Pogba and Griezman etc are worth the gamble.

We have a lot of players on our books that need to be moved on and free up some cash to bolster our squad. Its plain to see parts ouf out squad is paper thin and other parts are full of not good enoughs.

100%, the money is the main worry, its not like Chelsea are raiding my bank account for the transfer fee. :o

The way the game is going now and the value that some of the English clubs are having to fork out is insane, if an English clubs comes in for a player theres a serious tax added to a players valuation and if an English club wants to buy from another English club, you can forget paying any sort of a reasonable fee even for a decent talent.

The TV money is kicking in, Yokohama are giving us more money and as you said, we'll be selling a few fringe players and maybe the odd 1st teamer so theres every likely hood that there'll be 200m to spend in the summer if we really want to spend it and if we want to win titles, we have to spend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

It looks like Teixera is gonna be our next number 10.

Agh i saw a pic of Hazard with his arm around Mata the other day........i still feel like crying.
    Jose you w@"k3R!!!!!!!!!

TBO
    Dave----Zouma
    Stones
    Baba
    Fab
    Matic
    Griezman
    Teixera
    Hazard
    Costa

Thats what i dream of next season

Very do-able IMO, id also give Ivan his one year extention and draft in Aine Kalas and Christiansen. I know its a lot but at the moment our defense is very thin. Aine want first team football so see how he gets on in the cup games.

Terry and Ivan need to be phazed out but we cannot afford to lose and leaders yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

The last good few transfer windows Chelsea have being trying to be a little more shroud with there spending and as a result we've missed out on some of our top targets. Aguero bieng a point in question, we were linked with him for a couple of Windows apparently putting in offers and maradona trying to convince him to stay in Spain ( go to barca ) then city come in with a huge offer and he's off to Manchester, same with robiniho although that probably worked out for the best and pastors to PSG to name a few.
    We've been hamstrung by our desire to comply with FFP where others around us flout the rules and as a result pick up the best.

TBO
    Dave----Zouma
    Stones
    Baba
    Fab
    Matic
    Griezman
    Teixera
    Hazard
    Costa

Thats what i dream of next season

Very do-able IMO, id also give Ivan his one year extention and draft in Aine Kalas and Christiansen. I know its a lot but at the moment our defense is very thin. Aine want first team football so see how he gets on in the cup games.

Terry and Ivan need to be phazed out but we cannot afford to lose and leaders yet.

Well I'd be keeping JT anyway until the day he decides he wants to retire, if that means hes on the bench every game or in the stand but still training every day, so be it, thats if he agree to be back up and takes a pay cut of course.

The guy bleeds blue so I'd say he'll want to stay around as long as possible but his days are numbered.

My ideal XI for next year would be slightly different but equally as impossible to get, IMO. :o

Courtois
    Dave Zouma Stones Rahman
    Pogba RLC
    Willian Isco Hazard
    Costa

kev1.3s wrote: »
    The last good few transfer windows Chelsea have being trying to be a little more shroud with there spending and as a result we've missed out on some of our top targets. Aguero bieng a point in question, we were linked with him for a couple of Windows apparently putting in offers and maradona trying to convince him to stay in Spain ( go to barca ) then city come in with a huge offer and he's off to Manchester, same with robiniho although that probably worked out for the best and pastors to PSG to name a few.
    We've been hamstrung by our desire to comply with FFP where others around us flout the rules and as a result pick up the best.

Aguero is one that will always irk me alright, went to City for I think £35m and we spent £15m more on Torres in the same window.

Was a very costly mistake in the long run, Aguero is my favourite non Chelsea player in the league too, the guy is fantastic, can be injury prone a tad but hes brilliant.

Ditto on FFP too, we've been very shrewd in our signings, outgoings and loan system and its a far cry from Romans early days when money was no object. We need a window like that to transform the team and take the FFP fine on the chin. AS you said, City and PSG et al, have rather cooked the books in terms of investment, fair play to them, theyre using a few loopholes to get around it but the sooner FFP f**ks off the better, its basically kept the elite in a very small and privilged circle, it hasnt made the game more competitve and fair like it was hoped.

Bournemouth, due to their income being so low, face an FFP fine for spending so much so a new team trying to survive in the league is being punsihed without accounting for the TV money and increased revenue from just being in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Needs more Kenedy Gav, out ta fcuk Hazard!

Exactly, we need to imrove our squad big time, weather its bringing in the likes of Kalas Christiansen or spending money on stones either way it has to be done.
    Terry cannot player further than ten yards from Tbo and Ivan has simply not been good enough this season. If we want to play attacking football we have to be able to play from the back and use a high line. This is some thing we cannot do comfortably with JT in the squad. Cahill and Zouma will do the job but other than that we have no one.

Dave has to play RB its that simple. If we want him to play at his peak move him into his natural position and bleed Baba into the squad this season. We could potentially have the two best full backs in england for the next 5 years plus!

Our attacking band of players are good when on form but if Costa is banned ever third game we are gonna need a replacement. This leaves us with Remy, he is a good player but more of a counter attacking player with good movement, im all for keeping him but he aint getting much game time for us because of diferent reasons but id cash in if he wants out.

Oscar Pedro Hazard Fab are all poor this season. Oscar has been hit and miss for 3 years now cash in Roman, replace him with Teixera it aint gona cost us much to change.
    Hazard can stay if he wants to but if not id sell him for 80+...........howya Antoine ; - )

As for all the players out on lone some can be sold and free up cash like Moses Marin Piazon etc

Panthro wrote: »
    Needs more Kenedy Gav, out ta fcuk Hazard!

I hope Kenedy makes it with us, he has all the potential in the world and we caught him at the right time too for about 7m. If he had moved to someone else in Europe, you can bet in about 3 or 4 years time, his price would be 4 or 5 times that for a club trying to buy him.

I really think hes got that level in him but he needs to play, the downside to getting him cheap, is he wont play as much early doors. Its like De Bruyne said, hes probably the same player that played for Chelsea that is now playing for City, the only difference is we paid about 7m for him and made a quick profit so wasnt played, but city paid 50m and hes a starter. Had we paid 30/35m for De Bruyne, he'd be starting for us too just on his price tag alone, which plays a huge part in picking players sometimes.

Still, I'm delighted we got Kenedy and Zouma for under 20m for both, thats an absolute steal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

christenson deserves a shot, playing really well in germany and a good ball playing centre back like stones

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/andreas-christensen-why-the-superkid-is-justifying-chelsea-faith-at-gladbach-4109110

Not a bad squad at all Gav but i really do thing we have Teixera all wrapped up, be it this window or next i think he will play for us. So for me Isco is a no go.
    Pogba, its only a matter of time before he is moved on. I Think Pep will have a go at getting him in the summer.

All in all i dont think FFP can effect us too much if we move on a few players plus the new rubber money and the new TV money we are flush. Knowing chelsea though we will spunk 34m on a counter attcking Vardy and wonder why he is not playing like Messi

I agree with you there Gav Kenedy is one of our best youth players, as much as id love RLC to become a star for us i think Kenedy is streets ahead of him and its only his first season in europe let alone with us.

Also agree with Christensen comment the boy looks really good the few times i saw him this season, nothing but good reviews about him too.

It does look like the academy is closer to bearing fruit than ever and as has already been said the majority of Chelsea fans will be happy to accept this year if gus can get a couple of them integrated but we do still need to go out break the bank and get in some marquee signings.
    I also agree that when we sign a player on deadline day for 7 million there is the expectation that we'll only see them when watching the u21's on Chelsea tv. But I see kenedy breaking that mould, he's not afraid to take a shot or take on a player, the goal scored the other night where it went down as an og only went in because of his desire. It's a bit of a cliche to say he's still a bit raw but in his case I think it's only a matter of game time to build confidence.

It does look like the academy is closer to bearing fruit than ever and as has already been said the majority of Chelsea fans will be happy to accept this year if gus can get a couple of them integrated but we do still need to go out break the bank and get in some marquee signings.
    I also agree that when we sign a player on deadline day for 7 million there is the expectation that we'll only see them when watching the u21's on Chelsea tv. But I see kenedy breaking that mould, he's not afraid to take a shot or take on a player, the goal scored the other night where it went down as an og only went in because of his desire. It's a bit of a cliche to say he's still a bit raw but in his case I think it's only a matter of game time to build confidence.

at this stage of the season id have kenedy ahead of pedro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Ya just doing some digging on Kia Jorabchian and hes been behind the Ramires deal too, reportedly pocketing 50% of the transfer for himself sa he owned 50% of the econmic rights of the player, Benfica would have had to pay him off before the transfer to England after the issue with other Joorabchian players like Mascherano and Tevez for West Ham.

was it him who was the agent behind the Robinho bait'n'switch? Between that and Pato's injuries, I'm not too excited about that rumour

Not a bad squad at all Gav but i really do thing we have Teixera all wrapped up, be it this window or next i think he will play for us. So for me Isco is a no go.
    Pogba, its only a matter of time before he is moved on. I Think Pep will have a go at getting him in the summer.

All in all i dont think FFP can effect us too much if we move on a few players plus the new rubber money and the new TV money we are flush. Knowing chelsea though we will spunk 34m on a counter attcking Vardy and wonder why he is not playing like Messi

I agree on Teixeria, I'd much prefer Isco but theres no way youd get him for €30m Real would tell ya f**k off :o Pogba too will leave Juventus, probably in the summer after the Euros and he'll go for an obscene amount of money, could be very close to our over the world record IMO.
    I agree with you there Gav Kenedy is one of our best youth players, as much as id love RLC to become a star for us i think Kenedy is streets ahead of him and its only his first season in europe let alone with us.

Also agree with Christensen comment the boy looks really good the few times i saw him this season, nothing but good reviews about him too.

I agree on Kenedy, if hes impressed Jose so much to be kept after only a few weeks of pre-season he must be something special. I do think RLC will come through too as for an EPL CM hes got it all really, hes streets ahead of nearly every player in the U21s but that step up to senior level is huge so he has to show the desire to work extra hard, especially at a club like Chelsea, if he was with a smaller club in the EPL or Championship, I've no doubt he'd be playing reguarly for them. Christensen would be brilliant too come through too, hopefully tabs are being kept on him closely and hes brought back at the end of the year or end of next year and drafted into the squad, it would save us going to replace Cahill in the long term too as Zouma is JTs replacement I feel.

Going forward with a squad in 2 years that could feature guys like Christensen, Solanke, RLC, Brownm, Dasilva, Colkett, Musonda, Aine, would be fantastic, they all wont make it but theyre the greatest hope of making it anyway for me.

peteeeed wrote: »
    at this stage of the season id have kenedy ahead of pedro

100% I said it even before the WBA game but didnt expect it, I'd be surprised if Kenedy isnt in from the start against Everton, hes done better from the bench for us but might as well give him a shot from the left.
    duploelabs wrote: »
    was it him who was the agent behind the Robinho bait'n'switch? Between that and Pato's injuries, I'm not too excited about that rumour

I'm not 100% I'd have to check if it was, thank christ we didnt get stung with him.

I can see why we would start Pedro ahead of Kenedy against Everton TBH but off the bench he has been emense. Gonna be a tough game on Sat, think we will get a point from it.
    Lukaku to score??

• Advertisement

I can see why we would start Pedro ahead of Kenedy against Everton TBH but off the bench he has been emense. Gonna be a tough game on Sat, think we will get a point from it.
    Lukaku to score??

The way our seasons going we'll probably thump them and feel like we've reached a point to kick on only to draw the next 3 games.

the match is on setanta tomorrow right?

the afternoon gossip from teamtalk

– Ramires wants to leave Chelsea due to his lack of playing time at Stamford Bridge (Globo Esporte)

– Juan Cuadrado could return to Chelsea at the end of the season amid claims Juventus no longer want to sign the on-loan winger permanently (Tuttomercato)

– Lyon striker Alexandre Lacazette, who has been linked with Arsenal, Chelsea and Newcastle, has ruled out the prospect of moving to the Premier League in the January window – but admits he is open to a summer switch to England

– Crystal Palace are reportedly interested in signing Porto’s Algerian forward Yacine Brahimi, who has previously been linked with Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal

– Real Madrid are planning to spend £250m in the summer, with Eden Hazard, David De Gea and Sergio Aguero on their list of targets, while John Stones and Harry Kane are also wanted (The Sun)

the match is on setanta tomorrow right?

No idea mate, I'll have to check later.
    the afternoon gossip from teamtalk

– Ramires wants to leave Chelsea due to his lack of playing time at Stamford Bridge (Globo Esporte)

Wouldnt suprise me, we'd probably get 15-20m for him too, bye bye.
    – Juan Cuadrado could return to Chelsea at the end of the season amid claims
    Juventus no longer want to sign the on-loan winger permanently (Tuttomercato)

That would be a disaster, I'd prefer to get rid of him and keep Salah but thats not happening either.
    – Lyon striker Alexandre Lacazette, who has been linked with Arsenal, Chelsea
    and Newcastle, has ruled out the prospect of moving to the Premier League in the
    January window – but admits he is open to a summer switch to England
    Hes been sh*te for about 18months now be no loss and didnt newcastle have a bid turned down recently for him for like 25m or something.
    – Crystal Palace are reportedly interested in signing Porto’s Algerian forward
    Yacine Brahimi, who has previously been linked with Manchester United, Chelsea
    and Arsenal
    He looked alright when we played them actually but I dont think he'd offer anything we dont already have.
    – Real Madrid are planning to spend £250m in the summer, with Eden Hazard, David De Gea and Sergio Aguero on their list of targets, while John Stones and Harry Kane are also wanted (The Sun)

I plan on marrying Scarlet Johnson and I've more chance of that than Real soending any money in the summer and have a player sitting in Madrid doing f**k all for 12months. If Real dont spend big in the next 16 days, they wont get anyone until Summer 2017.

CYwIUe-WwAAgKGe.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

I plan on marrying Scarlet Johnson and I've more chance of that than Real soending any money in the summer and have a player sitting in Madrid doing f**k all for 12months. If Real dont spend big in the next 16 days, they wont get anyone until Summer 2017.

Thing is they have appealed which most likely means that will be heard later in the year leaving both Madrid clubs free to conduct business over the summer.

If they feel they will lose the appeal then they have to try and do two years buying at once.

Dont know about Aguero going City have serious financial power but for me Haz has gone already

Hiddink: "I was a builder before I started football management. There wasn’t too much damage on the tunnel wall, just a few scratches."

Patos apparently been left out of the corinthians squad on their pre season tour.

He'll be sold alright but it depends on who wants to take a risk on him and it is a risk.

Patos apparently been left out of the corinthians squad on their pre season tour.

He'll be sold alright but it depends on who wants to take a risk on him and it is a risk.

Apparently his agent is in London to finalise a deal to us, quoting a salary of ST£33,000 a week which in PL terms is change down the back of the sofa.

http://soccerlens.com/patos-agent-arrives-england-seal-chelsea-transfer/185887/?

Donkey or Derby winner?????

Apparently his agent is in London to finalise a deal to us, quoting a salary of ST£33,000 a week which in PL terms is change down the back of the sofa.

http://soccerlens.com/patos-agent-arrives-england-seal-chelsea-transfer/185887/?

thats about a 100,000 less than falcao

• Advertisement

We could very near have a weekly whip around here to cover his wages!

You gotta love PSG, apparently Chelsea getting less tickets as a punishment for the racist behaviour of fans last season, an incident totally out of our control for which there were life bans imposed on those found involved.

Yet they deem the behaviour of their fans inside their ground acceptable to pelt disabled Chelsea supporters with coins and missiles. They really are as reprehensible as a club can be at this stage.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/01/15/french-media-claims-chelsea-being-punished-for-racist-fans-with-reduced-allocation-for-psg-clash-5624752/?

Still wouldn't mind if they gave us close on ST£100m for Hazard though.

We could very near have a weekly whip around here to cover his wages!

Your sofa is obviously better than mine :eek:

I think we've been linked with pato since he was toilet trained, that's ok when he was a rising star but now it seems at a young age he's a busted flush.

I'd say his agent is whoring him around to the highest bidder being honest.

I wouldnt be ppushed either way on him, for cheap money he has a chance to prove himself, I wouldnt lose sleeo if he wwent elsewhere and we wouldnt be too pushed if we signed him either as the money involved is pretty risk free in terms of what we might get. Key word there being might.

He could be a Torres but nowhere near as expensive or he could be a Demba Ba, decent option for cheap money, will probably see Remy leave though.

I think we've been linked with pato since he was toilet trained, that's ok when he was a rising star but now it seems at a young age he's a busted flush.

If he costs us 10-15m and chips in with gopals and cost under 40k a week, thats good business.

If we do get him, I'm not expecting 30 goals a season anyway and with the money not being out of this world he'll have a lot less pressure on his shoulders too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Your sofa is obviously better than mine :eek:

He's the sofa king

This would have been great craic if it happened. :pac:

http://blog.foxsoccer.com/post/137301238557/joaquin-el-chapo-guzman-wanted-to-buy-chelsea
    Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman reportedly wanted to buy Premier League giant Chelsea Football Club.

One gangster selling to another. ;) :P

This would have been great craic if it happened. :pac:

http://blog.foxsoccer.com/post/137301238557/joaquin-el-chapo-guzman-wanted-to-buy-chelsea

One gangster selling to another. ;) :P

I wonder would mutu come back then.

I wonder would mutu come back then.

Right hand man. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Guus has pretty much said that there will be no signings until summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Lukker- wrote: »
    Guus has pretty much said that there will be no signings until summer.

To be honest I'm fine with that. He's a caretaker, why bother harboring the new guy with players he doesn't want...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Are we on TV today by any chance

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Are we on TV today by any chance

Previous page tells me setanta

Chelsea team Courtois; Ivanovic, Zouma, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Mikel, Matic; Willian, Fabregas, Pedro; Diego Costa
    subs: Begovic, Baba, Cahill, Loftus-Cheek, Kenedy, Oscar, Remy. #CFC

no Hazard?

Previous page tells me setanta

Cheers was too lazy to go back through the thread

no Hazard?

Still injured ?

Aside from that I'm happy to see Cesc in the no. 10 role but I'd be happy to see Pedro back at Cobrahm.

• Advertisement

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Still injured ?

Just Googled it there, apparently he could make it back against Arsenal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement