Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Why was Hazard sitting with the wag's and not the rest of the squad?
    Anyone who has taken the stadium tour will know that all squad players who are not in the match day squad are expected to sit in the dug out .

That's not true , if they are on their own they sit with everyone else but if with family or friends they sit in hospitality or like one of the games last year Costa was in one of the main stands with all the Chelsea supporters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

kev1.3s wrote: »
    I'm a little conflicted on Mikel but Cech is definitely the more accomplished keeper in my opinion, I was never happy with getting rid of Cech but understood the situation.
    Do you not think Cech's experience and commanding of his area would be a benefit to our shaky defence?

I don't think so, it's not lacking in experience. Courtois is a far better keeper all round already, never mind the upside he has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

hots wrote: »
    I don't think so, it's not lacking in experience. Courtois is a far better keeper all round already, never mind the upside he has.

I just can't see courtois as being better right now, maybe in time to come he will be but not yet.
    He's a way off de gea at the moment too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I wouldnt swap Courtois for anyone.

The only good points about yesterdays game was the 98th minute offside equaliser because I hate Martinez. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I wouldnt swap Courtois for anyone.

The only good points about yesterdays game was the 98th minute offside equaliser because I hate Martinez. :pac:

I think he's a spoofer myself his side basically took 4 points off us largely due to major impacts by players deemed by him not good enough to start and only entered play when injuries forced change Naismith at Goodison and then Mori yesterday, a very lucky manager.

Some of the stuff he said regarding officials afterwards if his name was Mourinho would be a certain hefty fine so I'll be interested to see what they do there.

I think he's a spoofer myself his side basically took 4 points off us largely due to major impacts by players deemed by him not good enough to start and only entered play when injuries forced change Naismith at Goodison and then Mori yesterday, a very lucky manager.

Some of the stuff he said regarding officials afterwards if his name was Mourinho would be a certain hefty fine so I'll be interested to see what they do there.

They'll do nothing, also I was delighted with the last minute offside equaliser.

Had Mori not spent an entirety in with the away fans, he'd have a lovely 3-2 sewn up over Chelsea so MArtinez can take his rage and shovelit.

I think Courtois is the perfect Mourhino goalkeeper, a team the has near perfect defensive shape it forces teams to put balls into the box and he eats them up. I'd grudingly say he has a better command of his area under hugh balls than Schmiechel.

De Gea is the better Goalkeeper if you are going to play a high line and get exposed to 1 n 1s more often I do think his shot stopping is better also.

If Jose was my manager I'd want Courtois if someone like Pep was give me De Gea.

Give me Neuer as the better all rounder. He is best as a sweeper but isn't as good shot stopper as DeGea and not as good as picking stuff out of the air as Courtois.

All IMO but certain goalies can look and or play better in certain systems

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Tbo is a fantasic keeper, at such a young age he is as good as any one. Its our defense thats a shambles, every one standing off then one closing down, leaving people on side not marking up ball watching like fans in that stands attack the ball you idiots!!!!!!!!!

Evertons last goals sumed up our season, the squad not playing as a team only JT switched on and that was not the only time in the match either.

Mikels is rubish unless we play a low block, max speed is a brisk walk.

We need a new manager sorted out soon and start lining up the players he wants straight away. Top four is gone about 3 weeks ago now. We need to blood some youngsters and drop the seasons players that should not have a future with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Well that was emotional, deserved the bit of luck we got. Gotta worry about Martinez his memory is getting so poor strange how he forgets that Everton should have had Naismith sent off a few minutes after being brought on against us at Everton for what can only be termed as an assault on Ivan. Had the ref done his job that day it is unlikely that Naismith would have scored a hat trick sitting as he would have been in the dressing room. OK JT was possibly an inch off side but as Gav suggests if Everton had not taken so long celebrating their goal the game would have been blown up.

Costa was impressive second half thought he showed a lot of fight.
    What in God's name has happened to Matic is this some doppelgänger from Rigel VII.
    Ivan really needs to be put out of his misery.
    Pedro was a panic buy which has simply not worked.

As for Tbo he is destined to become one of the best goalkeepers in the world and is already highly placed. Petr would have been gone at the end of this season anyway we were never going to let Tbo go and as a result Petr would never have signed a new contract. Football is a business and the ST£10m or so Arsenal paid was good business. He would have been very useful when Tbo was injured but to be fair he is better than back up so I still think that was a very decent thing for Roman to do by letting him go to Arsenal.

• Advertisement

what a day wrote: »
    Tbo is a fantasic keeper, at such a young age he is as good as any one. Its our defense thats a shambles, every one standing off then one closing down, leaving people on side not marking up ball watching like fans in that stands attack the ball you idiots!!!!!!!!!

Evertons last goals sumed up our season, the squad not playing as a team only JT switched on and that was not the only time in the match either.

Mikels is rubish unless we play a low block, max speed is a brisk walk.

We need a new manager sorted out soon and start lining up the players he wants straight away. Top four is gone about 3 weeks ago now. We need to blood some youngsters and drop the seasons players that should not have a future with us.

Throughout the 1st half Zouma was covering for Ivanovic as they got in down his flank at every opportunity. The pattern of the game was pretty much how must of our games go at the Bridge now, we dominate, make a mistake and go behind and struggle. This time at the weekend it was nearly text book defending from JT, he got across the line of the ball only to find his attempted clearance bounce off him twice before going in, had JT not being there it was a tap in for Lukaku juts behind but it all came down what flank and after Pedro gave away the ball? Yes, Ivanovics flank.

The 2nd goal was a disgrace, Mirallis is a highly capable footballer and hes allowed to chest, turn and half volley a ball into the corner of the net, when the ball is dropping its Mikel that should be anywhere near him but hes walking around the place.

Costa got us back into the game and should have put us 3-2 up at the other end Mirallis had a huge and an easier chance than Costa to do the very same for Everton. Ovideos injury killed our momentum and Everton settled, which is where the 7mins came from, they then scored on the 91st min and we didnt kick off again until very nearly the 92nd min. Nearly a full minute after they scored, theres no doubting JT was offside for his goal but Martinez bemoaning the extra time clearly doesnt remember Ovideo having to be stretchered off, Costa having to be carried off and Mori and a few Everton players celebrating with the away fans.

Matic and Mikel isnt the answer, in fact, in his 5 or 6 games that Mikel has played hes only been good in one, Utd away he was actually good the other games hes been beyond useless and I've no time for Guus, its not his fault we're in theis mess but hes team selections and worse, his subs or lack thereof, is frustrating. We were 2 down at home and still only playing 1 CF, in hindsight it worked we got a draw but Mikel should be nowhere near the team and Pedro should clearly be dropped. We played with 2 CDMs and they scored 2 open play goals and neither CDM bossed the game, we were better when Cesc dropped deeper but thats because Everton for about 10-15mins at 2-0 up, decided to drop deep and gift us the ball it nearly cost them too.

In way I'm glad though that the trend of not winning games has continued, its clearly not all Joses fault, neither is it Guus fault but hes had 2 wins in 6, and 1 league win in 5, 3 of those draws are at home to WBA, Watford and Everton, right now, those are teams in our neck of the woods in the table. Guus has steadied the ship but hes not improved it at all in anyway.

The players by and large seem to be happy collecting the mega wages every week and playing out the season as Top 4 has been out of th qujestion, for me anyway, since about November as we've no consistency and its not something you can just switch on. The rest of the season will carry on the same, maybe 1 win here, 2 or 3 draws here, that'll be the sequence of reults until May, should see us safe but f**k me we've made the worse EPL season of all time even more of a farce the way we're playing.

Someone mentioned Hazard up in the corporate boxes yesterday too, was very strange to see, players that arent properly injured and can attend the matches are usually placed behind the home dugout.

Its got to the stage now I just hope he has a good Euros and we get a kings ransom for him in the summer althoug now that REal have a transfer ban thats one of his potential suitors out the window, does he fancy French football again with PSG? Time will tell but as long as someone is giving us plenty of ££££££ I couldnt give a toss where he goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

I think Sunday could be a watershed I fully expect us to be absolutely hammered by Arsenal if the same type of team is picked, and I can see no optimism to suggest it will not be. I have no doubt that Wenger is hoping against hope that Ivan starts, I would be if I were him. And if Costa is out well only God can help us then.

It is a big game the players might step up but it would do us a much better service really if we were beaten out the door as then there would be no hiding place at all. This is a decent Arsenal team no more no less and in the normal run of events I would expect us to get at least a point but I think any Chelsea fan would be absolutely delighted with a point on Sunday and that is a disgrace really.

I think Sunday could be a watershed I fully expect us to be absolutely hammered by Arsenal if the same type of team is picked, and I can see no optimism to suggest it will not be. I have no doubt that Wenger is hoping against hope that Ivan starts, I would be if I were him. And if Costa is out well only God can help us then.

It is a big game the players might step up but it would do us a much better service really if we were beaten out the door as then there would be no hiding place at all. This is a decent Arsenal team no more no less and in the normal run of events I would expect us to get at least a point but I think any Chelsea fan would be absolutely delighted with a point on Sunday and that is a disgrace really.

2 0-0 draws away to Utd and Spurs in the last few weeks will show exactly the type of result we'll be after and probbaly the only one we can hope for.

Those games were against poorer sides than this Arsenal one though but I do agree with your sentiment on Arsenal not being that great, theyre good, but this season has been so sh*t, Leicester have a chance at a league title.

I'd also a gree that a point would be brilliant as I dont think we'll get anything from the game, if Costa is fit its probably going to be the same XI that started against Everton, I cant see Guus doing anything drastic like dropping 3 or 4 players that are beyond s**t and if it isnt changed we're going to the Emirates to get a hiding, no more thnan we deserve the way this season has panned out for us anyway.

Someone mentioned Hazard up in the corporate boxes yesterday too, was very strange to see, players that arent properly injured and can attend the matches are usually placed behind the home dugout.

Its got to the stage now I just hope he has a good Euros and we get a kings ransom for him in the summer althoug now that REal have a transfer ban thats one of his potential suitors out the window, does he fancy French football again with PSG? Time will tell but as long as someone is giving us plenty of ££££££ I couldnt give a toss where he goes.

Again as I mentioned yesterday plenty of players sit in hospitality if with friends and family , they just normally film the ones behind the dugout , they filmed hazard on Saturday and Costa last year when he sat with his mate in one of the stands with the rest of the fans

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Its a sad state of affairs when you would be happy to draw with Arsenal!!
    The only players in the squad i would not like to be sold is TBo JT Zouma Dave and Willian the rest are all very much replaceable.

As far as im concerned with this season is we take points off Arsenal and they dont win the league. If we win the FA cup ah grand at least Liverpool or Arsenal didnt win it but we wont win what matters most PL and CL.

• Advertisement

what a day wrote: »
    Its a sad state of affairs when you would be happy to draw with Arsenal!!
    The only players in the squad i would not like to be sold is TBo JT Zouma Dave and Willian the rest are all very much replaceable.

As far as im concerned with this season is we take points off Arsenal and they dont win the league. If we win the FA cup ah grand at least Liverpool or Arsenal didnt win it but we wont win what matters most PL and CL.

Even if we beat Arsenal next weekend, it wont define their seasn, too many games left for that too happen, it was different to the time we cost Pool which was so close to the end of the season what was even more annoying was we had lost to Sunderland the week previously from some dodgy calls by Dean, had we won that and beat Pool we'd have had a shot at the titl ein the last few games but we drew the home game after it to Norwich 0-0 in one of the worse games ive ever seen, was so sh*te.

League cup and FA cup are good days out and once youre in the semi final I'd be looking to seriously win either of them but theyre not to much of a big deal, good to win but youre season is hinging on winning either.

I reckon it will be another few years before we taste league success anyway after sacking Jose and the UCL is getting further and further away for English sides.

Next year you could very well have Leicester turning up at some of the best ground in Europe as an EPL representative which is brilliant and sad in the same sentence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Would you sell him to City or United? I think they might potentially be his biggest suitors.

Small victories, we're 6th in the EPL form table.

We've also scored the most goals in the period but let us ignore the goals shipped. :o

Lots of talk of Pato coming in and Remy being allowed to leave today.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Would you sell him to City or United? I think they might potentially be his biggest suitors.

I'd say like all players he dreams of the big two in Spain, dont think City would go in for him so that leaves Utd who were favourites to sign him originally.

If Roman has learned anything from his tenure I'd hope that its not to be selling to your rivals no matter what.

I'd take the hit of a few million if it meant losing Hazard to Frenace or Spain than selling him to an English side, basically what Levy done to us and Modric one year for 40m and selling for a lot less 12months later to Real.

• Advertisement

I think thats a risk free gamble if the numbers are correct. He wont cost much and hes younger than Remy.

If Remy wants to be involved in the Euros he has to get out and start playing and scoring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I reckon we'll win the league this year.

Not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Id take Remy at the Villa, if ye just giving him away :D

astonaidan wrote: »
    Id take Remy at the Villa, if ye just giving him away :D

Probably be a loan for Remy until the end of the year but I cant see Villa paying his full wages, maybe a 50/50 split of his reported 80k a week will see him off.

I'd much rather him than Falcao but both have been injured when Costa was sh*te or when Costa was injured himself.

Panthro wrote: »
    I reckon we'll win the league this year.

Not!

Even if we could re-start the season we'd be sh*t. :pac:

Next year though, our year.

So the Teixeria link/rumours seem to have died down the last few days and been replaced by Pato.

I'd take him anyway, as hes turned down mega money in China so wants another shot at the elite level in Europe, the money thats reportedly involved is pretty low so its a bit of a risk free gamble if you ask me.

Be interesting to see if it gets done.

So the Teixeria link/rumours seem to have died down the last few days and been replaced by Pato.

I'd take him anyway, as hes turned down mega money in China so wants another shot at the elite level in Europe, the money thats reportedly involved is pretty low so its a bit of a risk free gamble if you ask me.

Be interesting to see if it gets done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

We could be the spark to reignite patos' career. On the other hand we could be seen as rudderless in the transfer market at this stage, limiting ourselves to gambles that we can't afford in the long run such as pato and Falcao.
    Personally I'd have preferred bamford getting a shot or a punt on Charlie Austin.

We could be the spark to reignite patos' career. On the other hand we could be seen as rudderless in the transfer market at this stage, limiting ourselves to gambles that we can't afford in the long run such as pato and Falcao.
    Personally I'd have preferred bamford getting a shot or a punt on Charlie Austin.

I reckon the club is seeing it as a cheaper option than Austin whos meant to be on 100k a week with QPR so I wonder how much he dropped to go to Southampton.

Bamford is a relative unlnown too at the this level, I wouldnt mind giving him a shot either.

As long as we off Falcao and his crazy wages, bringing in Pato, who is muc more capable than Bamford and Austin combined on his day, it could be a good deal.

Even if he flops its not going to break the bank or even scratch the surface, I wouldnt be expecting him to come in and score 10 goals this year and win us game after game though.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

peteeeed wrote: »

If we sign Pato or Lavezzi and Liverpool sign Teixiera somebody on the board (I'm looking at you Emenalo) needs to be fired!!!

Pato and Teixeria are different players though.

We need a CF more than we need another support player, IMO.

The Teixeria links have also gone cold for the last week or so, maybe the club decided to spend less on Pato than spending double that on Teixeria and for the new manager not to want a guy worth 25m.

Right now, neither are going to be the answer anyway and neither would make a huge difference to the season. We might have a decent FA cup run but thats about the best we can hope for.

Pato and Teixeria are different players though.

We need a CF more than we need another support player, IMO.

The Teixeria links have also gone cold for the last week or so, maybe the club decided to spend less on Pato than spending double that on Teixeria and for the new manager not to want a guy worth 25m.

Right now, neither are going to be the answer anyway and neither would make a huge difference to the season. We might have a decent FA cup run but thats about the best we can hope for.

Stop double posting let ye!

I'm after reading Ivan would get 120,000 a week in his one year contract!
    And Addidas sent Cechs gloves to Stamford Bridge by mistake.... Heeeee!

Stop double posting let ye!

Blame Boards :pac:
    I'm after reading Ivan would get 120,000 a week in his one year contract!
    And Addidas sent Cechs gloves to Stamford Bridge by mistake.... Heeeee!

I'd say that Ivan figure is fake, I think hes on a more modest 80k a week at the moment, cant imagine him jumping that high just for 1 year.

Sure JT took a pay cut for this year by a few K, chances are he'll probably do the same this year.

The club holds all the cards in these situations, I'd prefer to keep both but only for emergencies only and to be kept as leaders, seeing as thats meant to be a huge reason why we've been s**t this year.

Poor Petr, hope Tbo nicks um :pac:

• Advertisement

Farce of a signing no more than a story.

Anyone else expecting to be thumped out the gate and back down the Kings Road this weekend?

I certainly am, theres nothing I've seen from this team to suggest we'll be able to go toe to toe with a side in the middle of a title fight and grin out a score draw (Guus favourite result).

If we ship 2 or 3 goals theres no way we'll be scoring that many at the other end.

So.....Ivans signed a new deal apparently. :o

Just when the season couldnt get much worse.

So.....Ivans signed a new deal apparently. :o

Just when the season couldnt get much worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

In fairness he's had a mare, but he's been great for us, and we still need some leadership and battling qualities, don't think he will be first choice next season though.

I have huge respect for Ivan but hes been on the wane for a good while now. He got plenty of goals last year but he was still sh*te at various stages throughout the season too.

Hopefully back up to Rahman and Azp next year.

• Advertisement

Apparently Matic wants to leave the club at the end of the season. Wouldn't surprise me. He has been awful since that Ashley Barnes tackle. Seems to pull out of every tackle. I don't think it's a coincidence that since Mikel has stepped into the team, Fabregas has looked a different player. A top DM would be near the top of my list transfer wise.

I seen somewhere we had a £30m bid rejected already coz they dont want to sell until the summer, although that could be a lot of twaddle.

He did say recently he wanted to join Chelsea, although Douglas Costa said the same and we never moved for him, if Teixeria is anything like Willian he'll be sh*te for 2 seasons but on the 3rd season he'll be brilliant. :o

I seen somewhere we had a £30m bid rejected already coz they dont want to sell until the summer, although that could be a lot of twaddle.

He did say recently he wanted to join Chelsea, although Douglas Costa said the same and we never moved for him, if Teixeria is anything like Willian he'll be sh*te for 2 seasons but on the 3rd season he'll be brilliant. :o

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement