Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Costa, Willian, Fabregas were all class.

Remy seriously lacking any sharpness, he should have done far better with the chances he had.

Mikel was good, Matic so so.

Defense wasn't amazing, Courtois especially but a clean sheet is a clean sheet.

Little bonus was that Hazard had a good cameo.

Costa, Willian, Fabregas were all class.

Remy seriously lacking any sharpness, he should have done far better with the chances he had.

Mikel was good, Matic so so.

Defense wasn't amazing, Courtois especially but a clean sheet is a clean sheet.

Little bonus was that Hazard had a good cameo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

BOOOOOOM. I'll take that all day long , Fabregas and Costa looked really good , sat back a bit but got there in the end

CAN WE PLAY THEM EVERY WEEK

BOOOOOOM. I'll take that all day long , Fabregas and Costa looked really good , sat back a bit but got there in the end

CAN WE PLAY THEM EVERY WEEK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Im delighted for costa he came in for some serious criticism from the fans following Joses exit but hes really stepped up. Ots a pity he didnt bother his arse before hand but a win today is big for us to move us away from the bottom 3 and up towards mid table. I didnt see the game but from the updates it seemed like a comfortable enough 3 pts.

This wont decide arsenals title faith but its nice to take 6pts off a good team. Shows we can still mix it on our day so lets hope theres more days like these in the near future so we finish in a somewhat respectable position.

• Advertisement

It's what irks me most about Arsenal fans, they boo nearly every former player. Grow up ffs, respect what they've done for the club. Arsenal had first refusal to re-sign him and didn't. He took his chance elsewhere. Seems to motivate him though so I hope they keep it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Very odd can log in on my phone but not iPad. Anyhows given that we ain't got no history this is obviously the worst Chelsea team ever and Arsenal still can't score against us no mind beat us. Decent ref today and we are three goals clear but still a win is a win.
    Have to say loved Wenger crying about Costa am so hoping they are starting the annual cock up will be so funny. Thought Costa and Cesc were awesome today with Willian and dare I say it Obi not too far behind. Ivan only caught out of position half a dozen times so he is improving too, lovely cross in fairness.
    Dave and Happy continue to impress and JT finding some form we could upset a few peoples season yet but delighted Done the double on Arsenal as normal

In fairness to Ivan he has 3 assists from crosses since Guus came back. Our current style of play utilizes full backs on both sides much more. Under Mourinho you'd rarely see Azpi crossing one side, then Ivan picking it up and hitting it back in from the other side, certainly never against Arsenal.

Ivanovic certainly has his limitations but I think he's still a quality player in the right system.

In fairness to Ivan he has 3 assists from crosses since Guus came back. Our current style of play utilizes full backs on both sides much more. Under Mourinho you'd rarely see Azpi crossing one side, then Ivan picking it up and hitting it back in from the other side, certainly never against Arsenal.

Ivanovic certainly has his limitations but I think he's still a quality player in the right system.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

No MOTD2 on tonight ?

No MOTD2 on tonight ?

Starts at 10.30

No MOTD2 on tonight ?

10:30 bbc1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Lukker- wrote: »
    It's what irks me most about Arsenal fans, they boo nearly every former player. Grow up ffs, respect what they've done for the club. Arsenal had first refusal to re-sign him and didn't. He took his chance elsewhere. Seems to motivate him though so I hope they keep it up.

That's not really true, there are countless ex Arsenal players that get decent receptions when they return to Arsenal. Obviously Ashley Cole, RVP, Fabregas etc aren't going to be welcomed back due to how they left the club.

Anyway congratulations on the victory yesterday. No complaints from me didn't think we were ever going to score. Can't remember the last time we scored against Chelsea in the league. Hopefully that doesn't destroy our title challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I had this debate with my step son last night (Arsenal fan) and I asked him why he wouldn't treat cesc with the same humility that I'd treat Cech to which he replied that the two situations are completely different. I don't think they are, in fact most gunner fans I know rejoiced in the once a gunner always a gunner tweet.
    The real bitterness only started when cesc started the season well for us and now it looks like he's not a gunner anymore because he's been so abused by the fans.

its official according to all social media we are scum of the earth again

kev1.3s wrote: »
    I had this debate with my step son last night (Arsenal fan) and I asked him why he wouldn't treat cesc with the same humility that I'd treat Cech to which he replied that the two situations are completely different. I don't think they are, in fact most gunner fans I know rejoiced in the once a gunner always a gunner tweet.
    The real bitterness only started when cesc started the season well for us and now it looks like he's not a gunner anymore because he's been so abused by the fans.

Here's my opinion on why the two situations are completely different. Cech was a Chelsea Legend, Cesc wasn't an Arsenal legend.

Cech won countless premier league titles, FA cups and a champions league, Cesc didn't.

Cesc flirted with Barcelona for countless summers, whereas Cech as far as I know was never in any transfer speculation.

Cesc went on strike to force his move to Barcelona, Cech had a dignified exit from Chelsea when ultimately he was surplus to requirements (Courtois).

These are only my opinions, but it's the main differences for me. For the record I never boo players, but I certainly wouldn't be applauding Cesc when he comes to the Emirates. He's just another ex player for me and isn't held in high regards such as Henry, Bergkamp, Vieira etc.

Anyway I don't think Chelsea fans really give a toss whether Fabregas is liked at Arsenal or not, but IMO you can't compare Cech and Fabreags in terms of how their ex fans greet them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Here's my opinion on why the two situations are completely different. Cech was a Chelsea Legend, Cesc wasn't an Arsenal legend.

He was a well liked player though, actually was captain for a while IIRC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Also I think it's ridiculous booing him when Arsenal had a chance to buy him back and refused leaving him not much choice but to go to another Premier League club

He was a well liked player though, actually was captain for a while IIRC?

Yeah he was captain for a while and was a fan favourite. Wenger effectively built his team around him, so when he did leave it really messed up the team for a while and set us back a few years IMO.

Yeah I don't boo players in general and admittedly I don't like Fabregas anymore but, I haven't liked him since his move to Barcelona (constant Barca DNA and his strike to force the move). So for me it's not because he signed for Chelsea and as you say he had to sign for somebody else, so I didn't begrudge him his move to Chelsea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Mikel nearly broke ramsey's ankle!!!! The Horror....
    https://twitter.com/CescMagician/status/691323315013709824

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Mikel nearly broke ramsey's ankle!!!! The Horror....
    https://twitter.com/CescMagician/status/691323315013709824

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Also I think it's ridiculous booing him when Arsenal had a chance to buy him back and refused leaving him not much choice but to go to another Premier League club

He's booed for the circumstances surrounding his exit. Joining Chelsea after that is irrelevant if you ask me. Wenger had already signed Özil, re-signing Fabregas wouldn't have made sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Jesus!!!
    Ramsey's lucky to come away with his life.
    Bad Mikel, bad bad BAD!

Anyhows enough about the fans preference of the second team in London time to talk about the top dogs again.

So are we running into a bit of form?, remain to be convinced myself Cesc and Costa certainly doing much better but the form of Tbo is a concern as is the continued love in with Ivan (though it was a lovely cross and as it has been pointed out he has three such assists since the second second coming but he is still supposed to defend and he is not that great at that at the minute) but Ivan does seem to be going in the right direction.

Remy admittedly must be rusty but he was simply dreadful when he came on yesterday, no hold up play no threat poor running off the ball. If Pato is coming in on loan we should let Remy off and if we can offload Falcao as well so much the better as Bamford would have been a significantly better option than Remy on yesterdays performance.

So about 12 points and we are clear of relegation troubles, a chance to give fringe players a run next week then a run of Watford away, United's of Manchester and Newcastle at home and Saints away should get at least 9 of the points there but that has been said so many times this season its becoming rather boring. But if we can stay unbeaten at least we will have some form taking on PSG which would be nice.

Anyhows enough about the fans preference of the second team in London time to talk about the top dogs again.

So are we running into a bit of form?, remain to be convinced myself Cesc and Costa certainly doing much better but the form of Tbo is a concern as is the continued love in with Ivan (though it was a lovely cross and as it has been pointed out he has three such assists since the second second coming but he is still supposed to defend and he is not that great at that at the minute) but Ivan does seem to be going in the right direction.

Remy admittedly must be rusty but he was simply dreadful when he came on yesterday, no hold up play no threat poor running off the ball. If Pato is coming in on loan we should let Remy off and if we can offload Falcao as well so much the better as Bamford would have been a significantly better option than Remy on yesterdays performance.

So about 12 points and we are clear of relegation troubles, a chance to give fringe players a run next week then a run of Watford away, United's of Manchester and Newcastle at home and Saints away should get at least 9 of the points there but that has been said so many times this season its becoming rather boring. But if we can stay unbeaten at least we will have some form taking on PSG which would be nice.

I'm not bothered about Cesc and if anyone boos him, his exit was undignified from Arsenal and it all came to a head when those eejits in the Spanish WC side threw a Barca jersey over his head on stage. Anyway, whats done is done, I dont think anyone at Arsenal will lose sleep over it and neither will Cesc.

I misse the game yesterday, only caught extended highlights late last night, its clear as day had that game gone on 11 vs 11 the outcome would have been much different. Wenger said Giroud wasnt fully fit but taking him off and leaving on Campbell lost them theyre biggest threat right now, hindsight is great though and counts for nothing now.

I'd echo the sentiments about Remy and Tbo, although had Hazard been a bit better with his passing Remy could and should have been in on goal but that was in the last few mins when Arsenal were desperate for an equaliser, so much so Cech went up, I cant remember off the top of my head if he ever was sent up by us. Tbo, whos usually one of the best in the business at dealing with crosses and handling them was a bit shaky but nothing came of his flapping, another hes punished for 2 goals.

Our defence is still a serious sticking point, 2 of them are good, 1 is a liability and the other is 35 and flirts between both extremes of the above, yesterday, without Giroud, the CBs had an easy enough time as Walcott kept attacking from the left, Henry he is not.

This result, in isolation is brilliant, it means we've taken 6pts off a title contender, last year that would probably have put us a few pts clear at the top alas, its dragge dus away from the relegation zone :o it shows that we can still perform somewhat like we showed last year for months but as I said its a great result in isolation, it wont matter a jot if we cant win a few of the next league games, even Guus said the unbeaten record is pretty false because its mainly draws and games where we'd be expected to win.

Our next 5 games are

MK Dons (a)
    Watford(a)
    Newcaslte (h)
    Utd (h)
    PSG (a)

Only one of those games should scare us but we;'ve still not won back to back league games this year so talks of winning 12/13 of the last 15 is a crazy call, even last year we ddnt manage that run and I've not seen a run like that since Pool nearly won the league and they won 10 of 11 games from about game week 23 on.

I said it last night, if we get Pato he'll be no worse than Remy at his worse but at his potential best, he'll be ahead of anything Remy can do. I wouldnt expect him to score 10-15 goals but as a back up he'll be a great option to have.

• Advertisement

I dont know Gav you can't really say had the game stayed 11 v 11 the outcome would have been much different. That said it was a clear and blatant red, did Costa make the most of it yea of course he did but he was at full tilt and there was contact ergo defender walks. Up to that point Arsenal had done nothing and until Costa went off that is what they continued to do nothing. With a ref who gave what he saw we would have had a penalty the foul on Cesc was blatant no doubt after giving a correct red he bottled it with that decision.

Arsenal looked better when Sanchez came on and better again when Ox came on but if Tbo had a little more confidence than he has at the minute Arsenal would still not have had a shot on target.

We have not conceded away from home since Jose was hooked it seems the counter attacking game is fitting us well at the minute, OK its only 3 games but the walk of a thousand miles and all that also two of those games were London derbies. To be honest I have little confidence in the team at the moment but yesterday was a decent performance.

I dont know Gav you can't really say had the game stayed 11 v 11 the outcome would have been much different. That said it was a clear and blatant red, did Costa make the most of it yea of course he did but he was at full tilt and there was contact ergo defender walks. Up to that point Arsenal had done nothing and until Costa went off that is what they continued to do nothing. With a ref who gave what he saw we would have had a penalty the foul on Cesc was blatant no doubt after giving a correct red he bottled it with that decision.

Arsenal looked better when Sanchez came on and better again when Ox came on but if Tbo had a little more confidence than he has at the minute Arsenal would still not have had a shot on target.

We have not conceded away from home since Jose was hooked it seems the counter attacking game is fitting us well at the minute, OK its only 3 games but the walk of a thousand miles and all that also two of those games were London derbies. To be honest I have little confidence in the team at the moment but yesterday was a decent performance.

Actually a thought on the penalty that wasn't given the foul was committed by Koscielny I wonder was it not given as that would most likely have led to a yellow and therefore another red as Koscielny had already been booked? Clattenburg never does much to help us though at least his watch seems to work at last.

The real test is in the cups, we should beat MK Dons, in a perfect world theres a few youths played as well but Guus doesnt want to lose games so there'll be some rotation with the bench warmers and little chance of the youths being invovled, IMO.

The PSG games are right now, our 2 biggest games of the year, get passed them and would be exceptional. Our records are dead level from the last 2 years, they won 1 game, we won 1 game, 2 draws. 1 each on knocking out the other side.

Our fortunes couldnt be any more different, PSG are romping away with the French league, I think theyre 21pts clear at the moment after only 22 games which shows how s**te that league is but also how good PSG are, theyre confidence will e through the roof and they'll fancy dumping us out again.

Should be a good game anyway, any positive result over in Paris and I'd be delighted. Even a low scoring score loss isnt bad.

Actually a thought on the penalty that wasn't given the foul was committed by Koscielny I wonder was it not given as that would most likely have led to a yellow and therefore another red as Koscielny had already been booked? Clattenburg never does much to help us though at least his watch seems to work at last.

I've seen penalties given without cards following so if Clattenburg wanted to go down that route he could have lef it 10 v 11.

It was a great piece of defending if Kos was playing in the NFL alright. :o

Think that makes it 5 years since we last lost at the Emirates, I think I remember the game too, think we lost 3-1 and Walcott got 2.

Thats a good record against a London rival.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

I don't know if this is factually accurate, but it's doing the rounds on Facebook at the moment.

Arsenal's last 6 league games vs. Chelsea:

0-1 Chelsea
    0-2 Chelsea
    0-0 Chelsea
    0-2 Chelsea
    0-6 Chelsea
    0-0 Chelsea

Not quite sure how you can have a draw that goes to Chelsea, but the general point stands.

• Advertisement

Actually seen as the Emirates is such a happy hunting ground for us I wonder if the brains trust should approach Arsenal with a view to sharing the ground with them for a few years whilst the Bridge is being redeveloped. I am sure there would be very little objection to that :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Duck Soup wrote: »
    I don't know if this is factually accurate, but it's doing the rounds on Facebook at the moment.

Arsenal's last 6 league games vs. Chelsea:

0-1 Chelsea
    0-2 Chelsea
    0-0 Chelsea
    0-2 Chelsea
    0-6 Chelsea
    0-0 Chelsea

Not quite sure how you can have a draw that goes to Chelsea, but the general point stands.

Scorelines are correct alright, those 2 0-0's were at the Emirates are from Joses 2 seasons.

I thik it just poins out that Arsenal havent scored in the league against us in a bit.

Actually seen as the Emirates is such a happy hunting ground for us I wonder if the brains trust should approach Arsenal with a view to sharing the ground with them for a few years whilst the Bridge is being redeveloped. I am sure there would be very little objection to that :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

They could finally have a full trophy cabinet then. :P

The best rumour I heard in awhile too is Ramires off to China for 20 odd million. :pac:

GavRedKing wrote: »
    The best rumour I heard in awhile too is Ramires off to China for 20 odd million. :pac:

https://twitter.com/CFCTransfers/status/691604587049021441

• Advertisement

Well if he goes it might move RLC closer to starting which wouldnt be bad either.

Also, he leaves us after scoring one of the most important goals in our history, that chip over Valdes from the edge of the area was exceptional, considering he had slotted into RB as well after JT weas sent off and Cahill limped off and Bosingwa was CB, makes it even more remarkable.

Drawing with that shower and going through over the 2 legs 3-2 was one of the best nights I've had as a Chelsea fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Every time I see him one on one with valdes I smile, an iconic image in our history ( if we had one ) and for that he'll always be remembered.

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Every time I see him one on one with valdes I smile, an iconic image in our history ( if we had one ) and for that he'll always be remembered.

There must be serious money in China if theyre willing to pay 25m for him and also match his wages demands which will probably be well over £100k to consider it.

I think hes on a modest 60k or so with us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Also, he leaves us after scoring one of the most important goals in our history, that chip over Valdes from the edge of the area was exceptional, considering he had slotted into RB as well after JT weas sent off and Cahill limped off and Bosingwa was CB, makes it even more remarkable.

Drawing with that shower and going through over the 2 legs 3-2 was one of the best nights I've had as a Chelsea fan.

People mock him for the full kit celebrations in the final but the thing that sticks with me from that campaign was that red card.....and Terrys pathetic explanation for the red claiming he slipped and it was an accident. I remember even Tyler on the commentary calling it ridiculous and he should take a look at himself.

Wasn't it on Pedro as well? Or maybe Alexis sanchez.

Kirby wrote: »
    People mock him for the full kit celebrations in the final but the thing that sticks with me from that campaign was that red card.....and Terrys pathetic explanation for the red claiming he slipped and it was an accident. I remember even Tyler on the commentary calling it ridiculous and he should take a look at himself.

Wasn't it on Pedro as well?

Sanchez, knee to the arse/lower back. They done well to spot it though.

Terry did say after it, although not immediately, that he taught he was gonna to leave the team down after being sent off. Its one of the only times I've ever seen him do something that stupid, cynical and nasty.

The funny thing about the final was though Cahill started and hadnt featured since the Barca game, Luiz started after a hamstring injury only 3 games before the final, Gomez was the hottest CF in Europe at the time and he missed chances that he had tucked away all season, had Gomez even been half as good as he had been all yeat that final could and should have been a Bayern romp.

Gomez was the hottest CF in Europe at the time and he missed chances that he had tucked away all season, had Gomez even been half as good as he had been all yeat that final could and should have been a Bayern romp.

I know one guy who was shyt hot that night though....

Didier_Drogba_Champions_League_Winner.jpg

There must be serious money in China if theyre willing to pay 25m for him and also match his wages demands which will probably be well over £100k to consider it.

I think hes on a modest 60k or so with us.

CZkUsIMWYAAQobA.jpg

Panthro wrote: »
    I know one guy who was shyt hot that night though....

He done his best to sabotage our victory, hacking down Cesc in the Semi Final and Ribery in the final, both penalties missed. :pac:

I remember he had a free kick maybe 2 mins after his header and I taught he was going to bury it and win the final but he balloned it. :o

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement