Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

GavRedKing wrote: »
    He done his best to sabotage our victory, hacking down Cesc in the Semi Final and Ribery in the final, both penalties missed. :pac:

I remember he had a free kick maybe 2 mins after his header and I taught he was going to bury it and win the final but he balloned it. :o

Sush you, retire the above to the "events best forgotten" corners of your mind!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Panthro wrote: »
    Sush you, retire the above to the "events best forgotten" corners of your mind!

Nah, the real hero of that run was Cech ;)

Drogba will get all the glory for scoring the equaliser and winning penalty but Cech for me slightly shades it as the most important player for us in that run. :pac:

/runs

Ramires goes to China,

Pato comes in,

Pato takes over the number 7 jersey,

????,

Profit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

What's holding the Pato deal up is supposedly Hiddink is uncertain of him. Apparently move was agreed while Mourinho was still manager.

You have to take that money for Ramires, but I can't help but think we're gonna miss him in the CL. Especially considering that we won't be signing a replacement.

Remy wants a loan move away. Rumours that the Falcao deal is going to be cut short. Hopefully we don't end up weaker then we were at the beginning of the window.

What's holding the Pato deal up is supposedly Hiddink is uncertain of him. Apparently move was agreed while Mourinho was still manager.

You have to take that money for Ramires, but I can't help but think we're gonna miss him in the CL. Especially considering that we won't be signing a replacement.

Remy wants a loan move away. Rumours that the Falcao deal is going to be cut short. Hopefully we don't end up weaker then we were at the beginning of the window.

Lukker- wrote: »

I think I said it earlier or mentioned it to someone else, I cant see Guus having any say in who we bring in this window. I am annoyed though that its going to drag on until the end of the window, if this deal was being worked on by Jose we had weeks or months of prep built up but here we are about a week away from the end of the window and still no Pato, maybe other clubs interests or Chelsea failing to agree a fee for the loan or outright transfer are the sticking points but if we're moving Remy on and selling Ramires we wont be short any money at all.

Matic is missing the first leg of the PSG game through a stupid suspension from the Porto game so it should be Cesc and Mikel, with Ramires possibiliy gone that could mean that RLC gets a chance but its unlikely that Guus will throw him to the wolves in Paris.

I think Hiddink is currently deciding does he want to keep or loan Remy instead of Pato. He's probably leaning towards Pato after Remy's shift against Arsenal.

My thinking with Ramires is if we were looking to shut up shop in Europe, he's the perfect player to bring on to see out a game. RLC doesn't really bring any stability.

I understand why we are not making any major signings this window but I'd be pissed off if Liverpool got Texeira.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Ram will always be a legend for that night and no mistake, wonderful goal fantastic skill.

Pato apparently not played since November so he will need a few weeks just to get up to speed, if he is coming just bite the bullet if he is to be ready for the PSG game.

Ram will always be a legend for that night and no mistake, wonderful goal fantastic skill.

Pato apparently not played since November so he will need a few weeks just to get up to speed, if he is coming just bite the bullet if he is to be ready for the PSG game.

• Advertisement

I think Hiddink is currently deciding does he want to keep or loan Remy instead of Pato. He's probably leaning towards Pato after Remy's shift against Arsenal.

My thinking with Ramires is if we were looking to shut up shop in Europe, he's the perfect player to bring on to see out a game. RLC doesn't really bring any stability.

I understand why we are not making any major signings this window but I'd be pissed off if Liverpool got Texeira.

I think Ramires is the opposite then. :o I think hes headless and leaves us woefully exposed as hes got no real football brain, hes often caught wrong side of the play and it can expose the others around him.

Apparently Remy picked up a slight knock soon after he came on so thats why he was so cack, was offside a lot and not moving as freely, the guy is a good CF but hes made of wet cardboard.

Ya, the south american leagues have their mid season break now before it comes back soon. I'm assuming hes still training and not living it up on booze and hookers, still, thats a far way off match sharp but Remy wants out by all accounts and Falcao is well, at least we didnt buy him, thats all I'll say about poor Falcao, if we could cancel the loan and give Bamford the 3rd slot I'd be happy and we'd save a ton of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Ramires was a great squad player for us but never really reached his early potential, always liked him really but I think for his own sake and ours he's reached the end of the road with us. China is an odd choice for him tho.

Anyone think Fabregas has bulked up a bit? He seems to have a bit more mass, seems much more physical lately, doesn't get knocked off the ball half as much. He had more successful tackles and passes then anyone else on the field against Arsenal.

Regardless if Falcao goes or stays would prefer an option of Costa, Remy/Pato, Bamford. Falcao has no future with us we may as well try the cut of bamfords jib.

Had not heard that Remy picked up a knock he has never been consistently fit for us, sounds cynical but best he moves along which is a shame still think he is a decent player just made of glass it seems.

Regardless if Falcao goes or stays would prefer an option of Costa, Remy/Pato, Bamford. Falcao has no future with us we may as well try the cut of bamfords jib.

Had not heard that Remy picked up a knock he has never been consistently fit for us, sounds cynical but best he moves along which is a shame still think he is a decent player just made of glass it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Always liked Ramires but I suppose if we want the likes of Loftus-Cheek to get games then this is a good move.

• Advertisement

Also, if moving along Ramires for £25m allows RLC more games and gets him to sign a new deal himself, so be it.

The last 4 months of this season might see RLC play a small amount of games but next season is his make our break season with us, if he isnt included more hes gone, if hes lonaed out in the summer, we've wasted 12months of his career.

The blessing in disguise in finishing so badly is we wont be able to attract the top talents so maybe RLC will be given a shot in CM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

I had to check again but yesterday, Guus decided against a 3rd sub again.

Does he have a fear of clearing the bench? I hate token 60secs appearances 3mins into injury time but when Hazard came on the game lasted about another 18mins I'm surprised he didnt throw on someone to beef up the middle, Cahill or RLC.

It didnt matter in the end but its perplexing to me.

I think it was the right call. Fab was the only candidate to take off really and the way he was playing I'd let him stay on. Probably was mindful not to change the balance of the team. I don't think RLC is suited to coming on to play a defensive role, his tactical awareness and defensive capability aren't very good at all. A midfield of Cahill, Matic and Mikel is just asking for trouble, even against 9 men.

I think it was the right call. Fab was the only candidate to take off really and the way he was playing I'd let him stay on. Probably was mindful not to change the balance of the team. I don't think RLC is suited to coming on to play a defensive role, his tactical awareness and defensive capability aren't very good at all. A midfield of Cahill, Matic and Mikel is just asking for trouble, even against 9 men.

Zouma holding role ;)

• Advertisement

This really is a ridiculous piece by the ex Arsenal chairman

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/barclays-premier-league/story/2794245/diego-costa-a-serial-cheat-ex-arsenal-chairman

"He is a serial cheat and he gets away with it," Hill-Wood told the Daily Star of Costa. "I think he deliberately ran in front of Mertesacker, who hardly touched him."

So let me see Costa did his job, Hill-Wood admits contact and then cries that the defender sees red, what a foolish man.

I love that the biggest mistake Clattenburg in not awarding a penalty and showing Arsenal a second red is forgotten about, fact is Arsenal should have ended with 9 men a charge of not controlling their players and only didn't as Clattenburg has always had an anti Chelsea agenda.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/barclays-premier-league/story/2794245/diego-costa-a-serial-cheat-ex-arsenal-chairman

"He is a serial cheat and he gets away with it," Hill-Wood told the Daily Star of Costa. "I think he deliberately ran in front of Mertesacker, who hardly touched him."

So let me see Costa did his job, Hill-Wood admits contact and then cries that the defender sees red, what a foolish man.

I love that the biggest mistake Clattenburg in not awarding a penalty and showing Arsenal a second red is forgotten about, fact is Arsenal should have ended with 9 men a charge of not controlling their players and only didn't as Clattenburg has always had an anti Chelsea agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

A charge of not controlling their players??? Are you for real? There was hardly a bad challenge in the game ffs and ya want Arsenal charged with failing to control their players? Ya make it sound like their was a mass brawl.

This is loltastic, its genuinely brilliant. Lets take a look at it, from his own words.

"He is a serial cheat and he gets away with it,"
    Not true, hes got 2, 3 game bans from the FA despite never been sent off, so he doesnt get away with much, hate using this word but he is a victim, usually not getting penalties and frees, Clattenburg was 100% spot on with his decision on Sunday.

"I think he deliberately ran in front of Mertesacker,
    This is brilliant, of course he ran infront of Mertersacker, thats the angle towards the centre of the goal, i.e. the easiest place to score from, not from the left hand side of the box which is where he would have ended up if he was to continue down his original path.

who hardly touched him."
    So by his own admission there is contact, no point going any further really. At the point where Costa turned Mertersacker no Arsenal player would have caught him and he would have been one on one with Cech. I'd have left him go on and taken the gamble on Cech saving the day whos good at one on ones. If I was Hill Wood I'd be much more concerned that Wilian was afforded the luxury of the centre of the pitch to pick out the ball to spring Costa and then for Mertersacker, whos probably the last CB in the league you'd want 30yards from goal with a player running in behind.

Theres no point mentioning the penalty, Clattenburg was never going to give that but his inconsistency in decision making was poor, Matic got booked for the same body check on I think Sanchez only moments later, its much easier to give the free in that instance than the penalty but theyre carbon copy incidents. I do recall Clattenburg giving 3 penalties at Old Trafford a few years back, all to Liverpool though so I'm surprised he didnt make the call but it didnt matter in the end. We were due a bit of luck anyway, theres been plenty of calls not go our way, see Remy vs Stoke as a classic example.

A charge of not controlling their players??? Are you for real? There was hardly a bad challenge in the game ffs and ya want Arsenal charged with failing to control their players? Ya make it sound like their was a mass brawl.

No it was as you say quite a clean match, I was just anticipating what would have happened if the penalty was awarded and then Wenger had his say afterwards. And if Hill-Wood can have flights of fancy then so can I :D.

Anyway lets move on whats done is done. Week off then MK Dons and The Hornets of Watford in quick succession whats to be done.

I would play Bamford if Pato comes he will not be fit, Remy is off I guess or injured again, Falcao is well Falcao. I would give Costa a break against MK Dons Bamford is well capable of scoring against Championship opposition as he has often shown. RLC and Kenedy should get a run as well and maybe another 45 minutes or so for Hazard.
    Hopefully Cesc, Hazard and Costa would be firing against Watford where 3 more points are very important.

Anyway lets move on whats done is done. Week off then MK Dons and The Hornets of Watford in quick succession whats to be done.

I would play Bamford if Pato comes he will not be fit, Remy is off I guess or injured again, Falcao is well Falcao. I would give Costa a break against MK Dons Bamford is well capable of scoring against Championship opposition as he has often shown. RLC and Kenedy should get a run as well and maybe another 45 minutes or so for Hazard.
    Hopefully Cesc, Hazard and Costa would be firing against Watford where 3 more points are very important.

I reckon Guus will go with what he knows and trusts, not much youth will feature in this game against the Dons, if he didnt play them at home to Scunthorpe I dont think he'll play them against a better side away.

Its hard to guess the line up but I woudl like to see more youth played and give Hazard 20mins or so. I'd also rest Costa if its possible as we could play him into another injury that could see him miss a few weeks.

My team would be

Begovic
    Azp Zouma Cahill Rahman
    Matic Cesc
    Oscar RLC Kenedy
    Remy

Courtois
    JT Aina
    Mikel
    Hazard Traore
    Bamford

Costa has come off the last 2 games with niggles so with PSG not that far away I cant see the point in 3 games in 7 days for him, it would be madness really. We will want him against Watford on Wednesday and United on Sunday then a nice 6 days rest before the trips to Newcastle and Paris

I am sort of assuming come Sunday Remy is no longer with us, if he is then I guess he is here for the season so play him. If not giving Bamford a run is no harm really. As Mick pointed out when the draw was made MK Dons gave United a harsh lesson last season so if we want to progress we can't take them too likely but playing the likes of Bamford, RLC and Kenedy should not be seen as a risk if they are our system is certainly not working.

Costa has come off the last 2 games with niggles so with PSG not that far away I cant see the point in 3 games in 7 days for him, it would be madness really. We will want him against Watford on Wednesday and United on Sunday then a nice 6 days rest before the trips to Newcastle and Paris

I am sort of assuming come Sunday Remy is no longer with us, if he is then I guess he is here for the season so play him. If not giving Bamford a run is no harm really. As Mick pointed out when the draw was made MK Dons gave United a harsh lesson last season so if we want to progress we can't take them too likely but playing the likes of Bamford, RLC and Kenedy should not be seen as a risk if they are our system is certainly not working.

I reckon Remy being here depends a lot on Pato coming in. Theres no hope in hell if we do sign Pato, even if its by tomorrow, that he'll feature against MK Dons. I'm assuming the guy, if he knew about a transfer away in this window, is still keeping fit but he wont be match sharp.

If Pato does come in, Remy is out and it might have to wait until the end of the window before its realised for Remy but the club wouldnt want him getting injured so he'll be withdrawn from the squad or benched.

I can see Bamford going out on loan too though as I cant see Monaco wanting Falcao back at all under any circumstances, which brings us to the MK Dons game, we cant risk Costa, we dont know if we'll have Pato, Remy or Bamford and Falcao is crocked. Pedro is ill and Hazard is being nursed back ruling out two options for the false 9. Traore looks to be leaving on loan at some point too, ruling another winger/cf option.

Best bet now is to get Pato in and get him up to speed and hope he doesnt do a Remy/Falcao and be crocked when Costa is playing shi*e or is injured himself. I just hope we dont have a dragged out affair where Pato signs with 30mins left in the window and we're left with no option upfront other than Costa for a few days after the window closes waiting on Pato to get to London.

Remy on loan to Newcastle it looks like. We're waiting to finalise Pato before letting him leave.

Bamford staying depends if we can cancel the Falcao loan or not. If Falcao is close to fitness I think they'll take him back hoping he'll bang a few in back in France, his value is plummeting further sitting on our bench.

• Advertisement

Remy on loan to Newcastle it looks like. We're waiting to finalise Pato before letting him leave.

Bamford staying depends if we can cancel the Falcao loan or not. If Falcao is close to fitness I think they'll take him back hoping he'll bang a few in back in France, his value is plummeting further sitting on our bench.

Ya, I heard reports of Pato arriving today for a medical and being announced tomorrow but those reports were coming from Brazil. At this stage its likely to drag on for another 24hrs at least.

We paid about 10m for Remy so if he does go to Newcastle I cant see that we'll lose much money on him, it will probably be a loan with a transfer if they stay up for something around 8-10m.

Oh and its Joses birthday. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Am open to correction on this, but Falcao won't be returning to Monaco early as we tried to cancel the loan, Monaco did a medical to see if he's worth taking back, he failed said medical so Monaco basically said 'eh no thanks, the original deal stands and you have him for the whole season' or something like that

duploelabs wrote: »
    Am open to correction on this, but Falcao won't be returning to Monaco early as we tried to cancel the loan, Monaco did a medical to see if he's worth taking back, he failed said medical so Monaco basically said 'eh no thanks, the original deal stands and you have him for the whole season' or something like that

Thats it in a nutshell but the medical was done shortly after it was confirmed he'd be out for a few weeks more from us. I think Monaco are just happy not be paying 100% of his massive wages. At least we wont be stung for 30 odd million in the summer for him. I think the deal was a little strange, I had faiuth that he'd do better than he did at Utd but the problem hes had here is hes just not had enough games due to being injured, he had more games with Utd but hes spent most of his time on the treatment table with us. :o

Falcao did fail a medical but there are rumours that he is recovering much quicker and they might take another look at him.

Liverpool have met Texeiras asking price so he's going to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Lukker- wrote:
    Liverpool have met Texeiras asking price so he's going to them.

A bit disappointing, we are possibly going to need to replace Hazard / Oscar in the summer. He was a good option

A bit disappointing, we are possibly going to need to replace Hazard / Oscar in the summer. He was a good option

He's exactly what we are missing. A goal scoring attacking mid. He outscored Willian and Douglas Costa considerably and look how they turned out.

We've signed nothing but duds for the last 3 transfer windows. If we don't seriously strengthen in the summer, mid table mediocrity awaits.

Whats Teixeria going for?

There was no way we'd spend big in this window anyway, not without a manager in place.

The summer will be the real test for us and who we buy and get in as manager will show our ambitions for the next 3-5 years.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,751 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

It just dawned on me that it's unlikely we will sign Paul Pogba now.

/sadface

• Advertisement

Well.....at least we have Pato *

* according to Felipe Massa.
    I'm sure it will be very good for you my bro, congrats Chelsea

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBAV5e8HLYn/

We could be getting the same 2 window transfer ban that Real and Barca have got and its down to Traore playing as an U18 in a friendly.

That would be a total load of bo**ocks if true. Wouldnt kick in anyway until after the summer if it is handed down.

We could be getting the same 2 window transfer ban that Real and Barca have got and its down to Traore playing as an U18 in a friendly.

That would be a total load of bo**ocks if true. Wouldnt kick in anyway until after the summer if it is handed down.

• Site Banned Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭XR3i

well done last weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Pato flying in for medical tomorrow, ahead of a 6 month loan deal with Corinthians, according to The Guardian.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jan/26/alexandre-pato-chelsea-six-month-loan-corinthians

Could actually be a blessing might actually play some of the young guys.

• Advertisement

I'm looking forward to Pato joining up anyway, its a cheap risk and it suits all parties. It also shows that he still has the ambition and hunger for a big European side and not to take the mental money in China that he would have got if he went out there.

So does Pato want #7 or #11?

He was #7 at AC Milan and I think he was #11 for Sao Paulo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

So does Pato want #7 or #11?

He was #7 at AC Milan and I think he was #11 for Sao Paulo.

Give him 7, it'd be nice to have a flair player at that number

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Another striker about to be signed who if signed a few years before would have been a world beater

Hard to have much faith in him after Crespo, Shevchenko, Torres and Falcao didn't perform to their previous standards

Another striker about to be signed who if signed a few years before would have been a world beater

Hard to have much faith in him after Crespo, Shevchenko, Torres and Falcao didn't perform to their previous standards

I taught Crespo was good for us. :o

His family stayed in Italy though and his wife had a mis-carriage, he came with a huge reputation but he never really settled which was a shame as he had I think 20 league goals in about 50 games, nothing exceptional but he scored. Torres tried his heart out it just never happened for him, same with Sheva, it was transfers about 3 years too late in terms of what they offered.

Falcaos just been crocked but the same critique can be applied, this time we're getting a bargain I reckon, still 26 and a lot to prove it seems, compared to the CFs above who cost huge money themselves.

Time will tell but I think he'll do well for us anyway.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement