Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Another striker about to be signed who if signed a few years before would have been a world beater

Hard to have much faith in him after Crespo, Shevchenko, Torres and Falcao didn't perform to their previous standards

I actually think that if we'd signed him way back then he'd of commanded a huge fee as he was one of the hottest young talent around only to find injurys and aforementioned party lifestyle leave us with another white elephant. Now he's got all of that out of the way and a point to prove, I for one am looking forward to him, he was an exciting player who for minimal risk could be great for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Crespo was class. He played second fiddle a lot to Didier but provided when called upon.

Torres, Sheva, Falcao were all failures, you'd think Roman has learnt his lesson about signing big money strikers past their prime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I taught Crespo was good for us. :o
    Lukker- wrote: »
    Crespo was class. He played second fiddle a lot to Didier but provided when called upon.

Torres, Sheva, Falcao were all failures, you'd think Roman has learnt his lesson about signing big money strikers past their prime.

12 in 31 in his first year, and 13 in 42 in his second year.

I suppose you wouldn't call him a flop the level of Torres, but he still wasn't as good as he was before he came.

Costa's starting to make a comeback now but his whole year of 2015 left a lot to be desired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

pato watch , been through the duty free

CZr6Xl2WEAAkwC6.jpg

pato watch , been through the duty free

CZr6Xl2WEAAkwC6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

I liked Crespo thought he did well for us.

6 month loan on Pato is a good punt if he has got the youthful exuberance out of his system and has a point to prove it could be a very astute bit of business. It is a shame about Falcao both for us and United in his day he was a fantastic player but injuries have taken their toll sort of akin to Essian really again worth a shot but not to be.

I liked Crespo thought he did well for us.

6 month loan on Pato is a good punt if he has got the youthful exuberance out of his system and has a point to prove it could be a very astute bit of business. It is a shame about Falcao both for us and United in his day he was a fantastic player but injuries have taken their toll sort of akin to Essian really again worth a shot but not to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Happy Pato day.

I've not seen any of him in Brazil but if hes still got a bit of the pace he had at Milan he'll cause serious problems for defences in England.

I do hope the RVP rumour is just that, his last season at Utd he was showing his age and that his decline was on the horizon, would be a waste IMO.

I think if we want to include Pato against the Dons, assuming we get him, he has to be registered by Friday night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Why do we do all the January business at the end of the month ?

Pato is done deal then ? or rumour bollocks ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Hes probably landing in London in the coming hours. Reports suggested he was heading out of Brazil last night, if true, it can only mean a deal has been struck subject to a medical being done in London.

I do agree though, if this deal was a Jose deal, why not get it done in the first week of January.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

GavRedKing wrote:
    I've not seen any of him in Brazil but if hes still got a bit of the pace he had at Milan he'll cause serious problems for defences in England.

All I seen of him in Brazil was him taking the last penalty in a shootout - had to score or they were out, he chipped it down the middle.... and keeper caught it easily

Hes probably landing in London in the coming hours. Reports suggested he was heading out of Brazil last night, if true, it can only mean a deal has been struck subject to a medical being done in London.

I do agree though, if this deal was a Jose deal, why not get it done in the first week of January.

It was probably him holding up the move, he had bigger offers elsewhere, he was probably weighing up his options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Spurs manager anyone?
    Linked in the Daily Mail.

Side note, I've read that if you post using 'quick reply' it double posts, if you click on the normal 'post reply' it shouldnt double post.

Pochetinno (sp), no idea really. Had Saints playing well and now spurs too.

Would he leave? He might if the offer was right, chance of working with better players and with a bigger club might tempt him.

Id prefer him over Hughes anyway as someone else suggested earlier. :o

No way I think Levy would let him leave to us, I like him think he is a good manager but for some really weird reason would prefer Sparky and not for sentimental reasons. I just think given the right job there is something in Sparky, would he be given time with us .......... give over of course not.

No way I think Levy would let him leave to us, I like him think he is a good manager but for some really weird reason would prefer Sparky and not for sentimental reasons. I just think given the right job there is something in Sparky, would he be given time with us .......... give over of course not.

If I was picking another EPL manager that would be likely to take over, it would probably be Pochetinno over anyone else. That includes Pellegrini if Pep rocks up at City next year.

Its weird for us because we're going to go into next season as serious underdogs and thats before we mention we've no permanent manager and because of that, no clear targets to work towards in the vital few months before the season ends.

This year is the worse league in a long, long time so if anyone other than Man City win the title should enjoy it because next year will be a different story, if Pep ends up at City or Utd they'll breeze the league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Mark Hughes did woefully at City, always remember that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

If I was picking another EPL manager that would be likely to take over, it would probably be Pochetinno over anyone else. That includes Pellegrini if Pep rocks up at City next year.

Its weird for us because we're going to go into next season as serious underdogs and thats before we mention we've no permanent manager and because of that, no clear targets to work towards in the vital few months before the season ends.

This year is the worse league in a long, long time so if anyone other than Man City win the title should enjoy it because next year will be a different story, if Pep ends up at City or Utd they'll breeze the league.

Has Pep ever walked into a club with a "less than perfect" squad before? United are poor, their squad isn't up to much, City would hold more potential imo.
    We aren't even at the races btw.
    So there's no guarantee that he would blitz the league, first year in charge. Well I don't think so anyway. Unless, he gets an open cheque book, which will more than likely happen @ city.

Cahill wants to leave to secure his place in the national team for the Euro's.

I don't know how realistic that is, considering it's so late in the window and we have no prospect of signing a replacement and we just sent Papy out on loan. Bit silly timing wise from him.

Anyways, I'm glad we tied him down to a contract, means we'll get a decent fee for him. Could be a good bargaining chip for a potential Stones deal, although I think we probably won't get him at this stage.

I don't know how realistic that is, considering it's so late in the window and we have no prospect of signing a replacement and we just sent Papy out on loan. Bit silly timing wise from him.

Anyways, I'm glad we tied him down to a contract, means we'll get a decent fee for him. Could be a good bargaining chip for a potential Stones deal, although I think we probably won't get him at this stage.

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »
    Mark Hughes did woefully at City, always remember that

That was a poison chalice really was never wanted I think. His record does not suggest anything I fully agree just feeling in my waters as they say.

By bye Ram ST£25m way too much to turn down, that night in Barcelona will live long in every Chelsea fan's heart and for that he will always be loved. But dont forget he started the comeback against Napoli at the Bridge as well absolute peach of a whipped cross right onto Droggers noggin as we were struggling to make headway and again in the first semi final leg it was his cross for Droggers goal.

I really hope everything works out well for him.

Maybe if he upped his game he would not have a problem.

He is not worthy of his place in our defence and its muck so he needs to look in a mirror really.

Sad to see Ramires go, another hero from the UCL winning team and that goal at Camp Nou is deserving of its own song, like little Dennis Wises one at the San Siro. :)

The price is excellent though and we're making a slight profit on him which is something not to be shrugged at. Will hopefully push RLC closer to game time as theres now only 3 players ahead of him for a CM start instead of 4.

cadaliac wrote: »
    Has Pep ever walked into a club with a "less than perfect" squad before? United are poor, their squad isn't up to much, City would hold more potential imo.
    We aren't even at the races btw.
    So there's no guarantee that he would blitz the league, first year in charge. Well I don't think so anyway. Unless, he gets an open cheque book, which will more than likely happen @ city.

Wherever he goes hes going to be backed by a huge transfer kitty, its need from all the teams though, if he took over any of the top sides in England he'd have an idea who he wants.

I wouldnt be surprised if he was talking to either Manchester clubs and already handed in his transfer shopping list, wherever he goes though its going to be a huge challenge for him but City are the best prepared for him to take over, Arsenal next on the list but they wont shaft Wenger.

I really hope that Ram is not replaced by another transfer in, lets push the money down the back of the sofa for the summer sales. This is a chance to give the academy a chance we are going to win bugger all anyway.

• Advertisement

I really hope that Ram is not replaced by another transfer in, lets push the money down the back of the sofa for the summer sales. This is a chance to give the academy a chance we are going to win bugger all anyway.

Ya, I'd agree 100% with ya, keep it for the new manager.

We might have a shot at the FA cup, we've no chance in the UCL and anyone good would be cup tied.

We're safe from relegation and not getting 4th.

I said it after the summer or it might of been the summer, that we should offer Everton Cahill for Stones and money there way too.

Theyed get capable cover aswell as good money to bolster their side although hes on something like 100k with us so maybe they wouldnt have any interest in paying those sort of wages.

For me its simple, 40m + Cahill = Stones at SW6.

Things are never that simple in real life though. :o

I said it after the summer or it might of been the summer, that we should offer Everton Cahill for Stones and money there way too.

Theyed get capable cover aswell as good money to bolster their side although hes on something like 100k with us so maybe they wouldnt have any interest in paying those sort of wages.

For me its simple, 40m + Cahill = Stones at SW6.

Things are never that simple in real life though. :o

Looking at Evertons defence this season I would prefer Cahill over Stones he has had a worse season than us. If he were not English no one would have heard of him

Well WAGNH seem to think Miazga is a bit of allright

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2016/1/27/10840784/get-to-know-chelseas-latest-transfer-target-usa-prospect-matt-miazga

Says he needs to work on his defensive awareness well that leaves Ivan out of it then ..........

Well WAGNH seem to think Miazga is a bit of allright

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2016/1/27/10840784/get-to-know-chelseas-latest-transfer-target-usa-prospect-matt-miazga

Says he needs to work on his defensive awareness well that leaves Ivan out of it then ..........

Edit

And theres more from WAGNH seems the chap is a Chelsea fan ......... anyone who describes Chelsea V Barcelona as Chelsea V UEFA is ok in my book

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2016/1/27/10842228/matt-miazga-might-be-a-mystery-but-hes-definitely-a-blue-at-heart

Looking at Evertons defence this season I would prefer Cahill over Stones he has had a worse season than us. If he were not English no one would have heard of him

Well if you offered me Zouma or Stones right now I'd take Zouma every day of the week. Both have vastly different qualities but I think theyed be the perfect pair together, both are big strong and quick, Zouma is much better in the air and at last ditch tackles and hes probably stronger and quicker than Stones, but barely, hes usually caught out of position though, but both have to learn the game still. Stones is a better reader of the game and a better footballer but that sometimes drags him into danger, both are only 21 though which is key to remember.

We could gamble and keep Christannsen and save 40 odd million but considering we've a CB, whos is different to Stones but as much ability and we got him for only 12m shows there is bargains to be ahd on the continent.

• Advertisement

Think I read somewhere he usually scores on his debut too for his clubs....no pressure then. :pac:

And #7 becomes free

told ya, flair player at #7

If that Matt Maziga deal goes through I wonder will we get rid of Cahill in this window?

Its doubtful but you never know.

Wonder how much of Pato we'll see from wide left, player himself says its his more natural position.

A support 3 of Pato, Hazard and Willian is pretty scary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

I'm a NY Red Bulls fan, go to 6-7 games a year.... Miazga, local kid from NJ, came up through the NYRB system, has great potential and had a great season last year for his age. He is prone to the odd bonehead move but isn't afraid to put the foot in when needed either. He had grown in the a great leader of the backline last year even though the other guys on the team are more experienced. He has 1 year left on his contract and given his potential I'm not surprised a Euro team has come in for him.

However I don't think he is Prem ready quite yet so I'm not sure if he will develop to that level. Hope I'm wrong, I like the kid but considering Chelsea's aversion to developing young talent, I'm not sure if this will be a good move for him long term. I'm sure he'll go out on loan like the gazillions of other young players Chelsea has stockpiled.

http://www.newyorkredbulls.com/post/2015/12/17/matt-miazga-2015-highlight-reel?autoplay=true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBDcQ-CFbxB/

Cheers for the memories Rambo

JT26 wrote: »
    Pato an upgrade over Ramires? :pac:

apples and oranges

Thats another player signed apparently.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3419429/Chelsea-closing-3-5m-deal-sign-New-York-Red-Bulls-Matt-Miazga.html

Matt Miazga, that came out of nowhere really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Thats another player signed apparently.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3419429/Chelsea-closing-3-5m-deal-sign-New-York-Red-Bulls-Matt-Miazga.html

Matt Miazga, that came out of nowhere really.

To replace Djilobodji I suppose, not that it's a tough job mind

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement