Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

To replace Djilobodji I suppose, not that it's a tough job mind

Djilobodji's career in Germany started very well as Bremen win 1-3 at Schalke playing the full 90. Will be interesting to see how he does for the rest of the season.

So Charly joins the loan list for an 18 month holiday in Spain

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2016/1/28/10858172/charly-musonda-jr-chelsea-real-betis-transfer-rumors

Depressing

So Charly joins the loan list for an 18 month holiday in Spain

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2016/1/28/10858172/charly-musonda-jr-chelsea-real-betis-transfer-rumors

Depressing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

hope its only a loan

It does say no purchase option but this is still depressing, bring on the transfer ban

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Musonda is clearly talented so I'm happy hes going to a better league than Holland, hes got the technique to flourish in Spain too so hopefully in 18months time he comes back a better player and able for top flight EPL football.

Apparently Ramires is having a goodbye party being thrown for him by the players at the club.

afternoon gossip from teamtalk

– Roma are considering a late January move for England international Cahill (Evening Standard)

– Chelsea have stepped up talks with Real Madrid over out-of-favour right-back Dani Carvajal (Fichajes)

– The Londoners are poised to use Loic Remy as bait in a bid to sign Jamie Vardy from Leicester City (Daily Mirror)

– USA defender Matt Miazga, 20, is close to completing his move to Blues (Daily Mail)

– Chelsea have continued to watch Aymen Abdennour since he joined Valencia from Monaco as they eye a second new centre-back (The Times)

– Youngster Charly Musonda is set to join La Liga outfit Real Betis on loan until the end of the season (Het Laatste Nieuws)

– Roma are considering a late January move for England international Cahill (Evening Standard)

– Chelsea have stepped up talks with Real Madrid over out-of-favour right-back Dani Carvajal (Fichajes)

– The Londoners are poised to use Loic Remy as bait in a bid to sign Jamie Vardy from Leicester City (Daily Mirror)

– USA defender Matt Miazga, 20, is close to completing his move to Blues (Daily Mail)

– Chelsea have continued to watch Aymen Abdennour since he joined Valencia from Monaco as they eye a second new centre-back (The Times)

– Youngster Charly Musonda is set to join La Liga outfit Real Betis on loan until the end of the season (Het Laatste Nieuws)

So 'Arry reckons we have made a huge mistake signing Pato. Reckons he had the chance to sign him for Rangers but turned him down - how did that work out for you by the way 'Arry - Claims he is not as good as Hazard so why buy him two things here when Hazard is on form there are not many players better than him so do we never buy any other player again whilst we have him BUT has 'Arry seen Hazard this season?

The Rednapps seem to have a problem with Chelsea nowt to do with a CL place in seasons gone by I assume :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Mauricio Pochettino doing the rounds for the next manager ......i approve

peteeeed wrote: »
    Mauricio Pochettino doing the rounds for the next manager ......i approve

Not sure how long he has on his Spurs contract but really can't see it myself, Levy would not be pleased.

Is Carvajal out of favour? I assumed it was him comgin back from injurym Danilo is useless.

So 'Arry reckons we have made a huge mistake signing Pato. Reckons he had the chance to sign him for Rangers but turned him down - how did that work out for you by the way 'Arry - Claims he is not as good as Hazard so why buy him two things here when Hazard is on form there are not many players better than him so do we never buy any other player again whilst we have him BUT has 'Arry seen Hazard this season?

The Rednapps seem to have a problem with Chelsea nowt to do with a CL place in seasons gone by I assume :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

'Arrys a mouth piece, loves a good soundbite so he does amd dont get me started on Jamie.

Pato will be played through the middle by us but its good to have a stronger winger that wont be bullied that easily.

Willian--Hazard--Pato
    Costa

Has serious potential if we wanted to go down that route.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

GavRedKing wrote: »
    'Arrys a mouth piece, loves a good soundbite so he does amd dont get me started on Jamie.

Pato will be played through the middle by us but its good to have a stronger winger that wont be bullied that easily.

Willian--Hazard--Pato
    Costa

Has serious potential if we wanted to go down that route.

Need more Brazilians!

New rumour, Courtois wants out apparently if ee dont get UCL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Ara its sound shure we've got Cechhh....... Who the fcuks sold Cech?!??!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Who can blame him ?.. :o

Who can blame him ?.. :o

Me for one - his form this season has been poor as has most of the players. You would swear the players have nothing to do with us failing to get CL football (in the very likely event we don't get CL football next season) these guys should look in the mirror sometimes and actually accept the responsibility that goes with those excessively fat wage packets.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,751 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

peteeeed wrote: »

The only thing I know about this guy is that he is a superstar in my FM team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Valencia having a nightmare season, don't know how Abdennour is doing, anyone follow La Liga?

Wheres the duck?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Watching Pocoyo *in your best Stephen Fry accent* (Damn those kids)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Am not taking to this Pato transfer at all. He looks physically flabby, and I'm afraid looks like a flake. Seems to lack character. At 6 months, it seems like he's a replacement for a crocked Falcao. I'm not getting my hopes up on this guy.

What's even worse is the reports of Courtois looking for an exit. This better not be true as the club has really put out for him. And sold Cech to boot. I'd be putting it to Courtois if he's getting snippy.

All told, I can put up with getting rid of Hazard and Costa, but not Tbo. His exit would be a clear sign of an unravelling club. It's going to be a massive close season for CFC, as we'll need to hit the ground running over the summer, European Championship notwithstanding.

McDave wrote: »
    Am not taking to this Pato transfer at all. He looks physically flabby, and I'm afraid looks like a flake. Seems to lack character. At 6 months, it seems like he's a replacement for a crocked Falcao. I'm not getting my hopes up on this guy.

2 or 3 years ago I'd have agreed with ya, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt anyway and if he does flop, its not going to cost anywhere near as much as Falcao did.

However, the guy is in incredible shape and has apparently stayed on at Corinthians dyring their off season to work on his condition for a move to Europe, its well documented that hes not wanted by his current manager or club and that hes not taking the Chinese money shows hes willing to to at least try at the elite level.

Time will tell but he wont have been expensive if he does go back to Brazil when the season is done.

What's even worse is the reports of Courtois looking for an exit. This better not be true as the club has really put out for him. And sold Cech to boot. I'd be putting it to Courtois if he's getting snippy.

All told, I can put up with getting rid of Hazard and Costa, but not Tbo. His exit would be a clear sign of an unravelling club. It's going to be a massive close season for CFC, as we'll need to hit the ground running over the summer, European Championship notwithstanding.

Courtois would be impossible to replace, Begovic is a very capable deputy but hes not near Courtois. If he does want out we'll have to raid Stoke again for Butland. ;)

2 or 3 years ago I'd have agreed with ya, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt anyway and if he does flop, its not going to cost anywhere near as much as Falcao did.

However, the guy is in incredible shape and has apparently stayed on at Corinthians dyring their off season to work on his condition for a move to Europe, its well documented that hes not wanted by his current manager or club and that hes not taking the Chinese money shows hes willing to to at least try at the elite level.

Time will tell but he wont have been expensive if he does go back to Brazil when the season is done.
    Let's hope. Our only decent striker in recent years has been Costa. And even he's semi-detached.

Courtois would be impossible to replace, Begovic is a very capable deputy but hes not near Courtois. If he does want out we'll have to raid Stoke again for Butland. ;)

Mebbe. Generally I find it hard to wink about anything to do with CFC these days, let alone smile. The club failed fundamentally last summer. Literally from hero to zero. Complacency has to be a big part of it. Especially when Cesc and Costa went off the boil from the beginning of 2015.

• Advertisement

Let's hope. Our only decent striker in recent years has been Costa. And even he's semi-detached.

Think thats harsh on Costa, granted, he was being a petulant brat for about 2 or 3 weeks around the time Jose kicked the bucket but hes been re-born under Guus, although that could be him just willing to put in more effort. Hes also eventually lost the extra stone he carried in from the summer which was a disgrace, I'll give ya that but as long as he keeps scoring and performing like he can, I'm willing to forget it all.

I'm assuming Remy is gone anyway as no way Monaco will take Falcao back and Bamford will probably be sent back out on loan. Few years back if you had Pato and Falcao you'd be saying how many goals will we bescoring today, 3 or 4?

I hope we play Pato through the middle and use Kenedy as back up to Hazard.

We've had very little joy this year, you can count good results and performances on one hand but if PAto comes in and does well it will have been a decent season for me.

Kenedy, RLC and especailly Zouma have been given game time thjis year, the latter looks to be the nailed on to play every game which isnt a bad thing.

Decent cup run and put it up to PSG and I'll be happy enough I guess.

Think thats harsh on Costa, granted, he was being a petulant brat for about 2 or 3 weeks around the time Jose kicked the bucket but hes been re-born under Guus, although that could be him just willing to put in more effort. Hes also eventually lost the extra stone he carried in from the summer which was a disgrace, I'll give ya that but as long as he keeps scoring and performing like he can, I'm willing to forget it all.

I'm assuming Remy is gone anyway as no way Monaco will take Falcao back and Bamford will probably be sent back out on loan. Few years back if you had Pato and Falcao you'd be saying how many goals will we bescoring today, 3 or 4?

I hope we play Pato through the middle and use Kenedy as back up to Hazard.
    I can't help feeling Costa had his arm twisted by agents to make the move. I think he'd have happily stayed in Madrid. The money helped of course.

I'm afraid I'm not as sanguine on his later behaviour under Mou. He was dire for a whole half season. There's more to end-of-Mou than meets the eye. But Costa's MIA act would make him dispensible in the longer term.

Teixeria deal is meant to be off for Pool, Shakthar not budging on the asking price which was close to £40m.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Teixeria deal is meant to be off for Pool, Shakthar not budging on the asking price which was close to £40m.

Time to swoop lol?

Time to swoop lol?

Well we do have 25m to spend and also he did want to join us, might as well sure. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Time to swoop lol?
    Well we do have 25m to spend and also he did want to join us, might as well sure. :o

Slow the horses!..........

Let's wait for him to have a medical at Spurs first. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Pato deal has hit a snag due to Corinithian's wanting a bigger loan fee. I dunno how far apart the clubs are but I'm sure there will be a compromise.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Pato deal has hit a snag due to Corinithian's wanting a bigger loan fee. I dunno how far apart the clubs are but I'm sure there will be a compromise.

Watch this drag on until the end of the transfer window. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Quiz question: Has Diego Costa more goals or yellow cards this season?

Quiz question: Has Diego Costa more goals or yellow cards this season?

Goals I'd say, hes got 8 league goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Goals I'd say, hes got 8 league goals.

10 goals in all comps, 8 yellows

10 goals in all comps, 8 yellows

Lucky he started scoring again so. :o

De Bruyne is knackered, upto 10weeks out. Will miss huge games for City.

De Bruyne is knackered, upto 10weeks out. Will miss huge games for City.

Terrible hard luck for the poor lad shame he has had a good season

Terrible hard luck for the poor lad shame he has had a good season

Hard to feel sorry for City given the talent at their disposal. :P

Still though hope themselves or the other City go on and win the league from here.

Still no Pato, I am disappoint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

duploelabs wrote: »

That would be great news, no transfer fee obviously but clearing the wages off and preventing him from taking up someone else's pitch-time is a gift in itself!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement