Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

peteeeed wrote: »

Lovely goal shame he wont be with us next season, most likely with Arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

duploelabs wrote: »

That would be brilliant for us, save us an absolute fortune too.

Lovely goal shame he wont be with us next season, most likely with Arsenal

Ya, its a shame that the youths werent tied to better contracts. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Shur if we get banned from making transfers, we've about 3 squads worth of loan players to haul home, we'll be sound!

Panthro wrote: »
    Shur if we get banned from making transfers, we've about 3 squads worth of loan players to haul home, we'll be sound!

If we get banned before the summer at least we'll get to keep Courtois and Hazard :pac:

Assuming Pato isnt announced before the press conference, which is very likely, Guus is going to be fielding plenty of questions about him.

So as normal our transfer policy is a shambles (though even if Pato had signed he would not have played Sunday I suspect).

That being the case who starts up front

Costa - hope not need him too much in next few games
    Remy - might already have moved on in his mind if not body
    Falcao - can we bring a treatment table onto the pitch?
    Bamford - thumbs up from me

So as normal our transfer policy is a shambles (though even if Pato had signed he would not have played Sunday I suspect).

That being the case who starts up front

Costa - hope not need him too much in next few games
    Remy - might already have moved on in his mind if not body
    Falcao - can we bring a treatment table onto the pitch?
    Bamford - thumbs up from me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

I'm pleased enough with Pato signing to be honest, an environment with good players and top training etc could be something that will kickstart his career again.

It wasn't long ago he was one of the most coveted players in the world, and he's only 26. Well worth the gamble considering this season is finished.

• Advertisement

Yea I would agree that Pato is well worth a punt, the thing is as normal it is not official as yet by all accounts a last minute snag we do not seem to get things done efficiently any more. Most likely if it happens at all it will be at the last minute on Monday which is feeble really.

Costa has an unreal league record. 42 games 28 goals.

Yea I would agree that Pato is well worth a punt, the thing is as normal it is not official as yet by all accounts a last minute snag we do not seem to get things done efficiently any more. Most likely if it happens at all it will be at the last minute on Monday which is feeble really.

Thats the thing, it was touted as Jose signing possibiliy which means its known about for weeks, why are we a few days out from the window closing, the player is in London the last 48hours and yet we've still notgot it done, in truth this should have happened in the first week of the window but we're clerly paying hardball with the club over finer details, its probably to do with his eventual transfer, if it happens and Corinthians looking for a larger loan fee.
    Costa has an unreal league record. 42 games 28 goals.

Its good going when you consider hes only started scoring a bit more freely again since hes shed the pounds and started to put in more effort and move more freely.
    I'm pleased enough with Pato signing to be honest, an environment with good players and top training etc could be something that will kickstart his career again.

It wasn't long ago he was one of the most coveted players in the world, and he's only 26. Well worth the gamble considering this season is finished.

I've stuck my colours to the mast, I think he'll be a good signing for us, cheap, bags of talent and top class experience with AC Milan and Brazil, if it does go tits up, we're not going to be bent over a barrel either. I hope he sees it as his second chance with the elite in Europe, we've also got a good Brazilian core at the club, Willian, Costa, Kenedy will all help him settle quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

afternoon fun and games

– The Blues are planning moves for Real Madrid’s Dani Carvajal and Valencia’s Aymen Abdennour

– Manchester United want to sign 16-year-old Chelsea starlet Domingos Quina (The Sun)

– Alexandre Pato’s loan deal to Chelsea has hit a stumbling block as the Blues are yet to agree a loan fee with Corinthians (Sky Sports)

– Newcastle will turn to Loic Remy if they fail to sign West Brom striker Saido Berahino (Daily Telegraph)

– Chelsea striker Patrick Bamford will join Norwich on loan for the rest of the season (Daily Mail)

afternoon fun and games

– The Blues are planning moves for Real Madrid’s Dani Carvajal and Valencia’s Aymen Abdennour

– Manchester United want to sign 16-year-old Chelsea starlet Domingos Quina (The Sun)

– Alexandre Pato’s loan deal to Chelsea has hit a stumbling block as the Blues are yet to agree a loan fee with Corinthians (Sky Sports)

– Newcastle will turn to Loic Remy if they fail to sign West Brom striker Saido Berahino (Daily Telegraph)

– Chelsea striker Patrick Bamford will join Norwich on loan for the rest of the season (Daily Mail)

Is its being reported, the loan has hit a hitch over the loan fee. Pato is free in June to join whoever he wants so I'd assume Corinthians want a large fee to offset possibiliy us saying, feck it we dont want him and them losing out on a player that theyed get a few million for.

• Advertisement

this is supposed to be 7 weeks old
    our 2 new potential signings

CZ46C58WIAEuPDZ.jpg

this is supposed to be 7 weeks old
    our 2 new potential signings

CZ46C58WIAEuPDZ.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Press Conference about to start........

Linky

RichT wrote: »
    Press Conference about to start........

Linky

and the bones of it by text here

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/chelsea-press-conference-live-alexandre-10807724

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Ramiers exit, and the impending incoming transfers of Pato AND Miazga have all one unifying constant.
    Kia Joorabchian is their agent. I feel dirty

• Advertisement

Ramiers exit, and the impending incoming transfers of Pato AND Miazga have all one unifying constant.
    Kia Joorabchian is their agent. I feel dirty

I taught Ramires was a Jorges Medes client?

Era its not the end fo the world, if it means RLC gets more game time or more chances of games I'm happy with the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Guus all but confirms the 2 transfers. Miazga will be a part of the squad

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2016/01/hiddink--no-gamble.html?extcmp=SOCIA_FB_ENG_NEWS_PREMATCH

For the rest of the season we basically have the 4 central midfielders left with 2 places to pick from. I honestly don't fancy RLC's chances of playing even though Ramires has left.

An in-form Fabregas has to play I think we would maybe all agree? Matic's form leaves a lot to be desired but Mikel's resurgence under Hiddink does not look good for Ruben. I think we'd all have hoped Ruben would have at least been in front of Mikel in the pecking order but it seems he won't be.

It will be very very disappointing if RLC is not starting against MK Dons. But I guess the flip side of that is that Hiddink will want to mark his short tenure with a trophy again so may opt against playing the young guys (RLC, Kenedy, Baba Rahman, Bamford). Also, Pato's arrival is not good for Bamford, I don't expect Patrick to feature at all for the rest of the season.

Guus said Traore would be involved within the squad but at most he'll probably get a handful of minutes.

I'd love if he shook it up a bit but the FA cup is our only hope at a decent end to the 2015/16 season so he maybe relecutant to make changes.

I know what I'd like to see

Begovic
    Azp Zouma Cahill Baba
    Mikel Cesc
    Kenedy RLC Hazard
    Costa

For MK Dons I would like to see us line up like:

TBO
    Azpi - Cahill - Zouma - Baba
    RLC - Fab/Mikel/Matic
    Kenedy - Oscar - Hazard
    Bamford

Of course thats assuming all are fit

For MK Dons I would like to see us line up like:

TBO
    Azpi - Cahill - Zouma - Baba
    RLC - Fab/Mikel/Matic
    Kenedy - Oscar - Hazard
    Bamford

Of course thats assuming all are fit

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Guus said Traore would be involved within the squad but at most he'll probably get a handful of minutes.

I'd love if he shook it up a bit but the FA cup is our only hope at a decent end to the 2015/16 season so he maybe relecutant to make changes.

I know what I'd like to see

Begovic
    Azp Zouma Cahill Baba
    Mikel Cesc
    Kenedy RLC Hazard
    Costa

I'd be resting Costa whenever possible to be honest

In other news Liverpool won't be signing Teixiera this window anyway

In other news Liverpool won't be signing Teixiera this window anyway

TBH, at the price they want, nobody will be signing him in the near future. Maybe we've got an agreeent to buy him in the summer, all specualtion but it wouldnt be the first time players have waited. Costa was apparently told to wait by Chelsea when Pool went after him before the start of the season they came 2nd.

Courtois was kept out on loan by Atletico and apparently Costa was sounded out too and told if he anted to come to the EPL, we'd be back in the summer.
    I'd be resting Costa whenever possible to be honest

I agree with ya but our options are a bit light, Remy is out I'd say from either an injury or a possible transfer, Falcao is out so that leaves Bamford, Pedro, Traore or Hazard to play up front as I Pato wont be thrown into the game and I dont think hes registered anyway so wouldnt be available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

He'll go in the summer for 50m euro. They didn't want to sell mid season because they are still in the Europa League and it's tight between them and Kiev in the league. Wouldn't make any sense to sell him for less then 70m now, they'd make more if they won the Europa.

• Advertisement

peteeeed wrote: »

Bye bye to Hazard and De Gea anyway. :o

Maybe Costa too......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Sell Hazard get north of 100 million.
    And we wait....for the arrival of Sparky and his barmy army summer recruits!

The Teixeria deal is weird, he wanted to join us and it looked like a deal could be done even mentioned by someone at Shakthar that he could go for less than his buy out this window but would cost more in the summer, they clearly didnt want to sell though and we cooled off, probably looking to wait for the summer even if it meant paying more.

Pool came in and it looked like a no go altogether, maybe we've a deal in place to sign him in the summer, call me mad but thats what it looks like to me, the most recent words are thats hes going to cost £XXm and that sit, few weeks ago he was being handed over for a lot less.

We might not have any deal in place but it looks like someone is interested and Shakthar are more than happy to keep him until the summer and dismise offers now and make money later.

Panthro wrote: »
    Sell Hazard get north of 100 million.
    And we wait....for the arrival of Sparky and his barmy army summer recruits!

<ban hammer>

GavRedKing wrote: »
    The Teixeria deal is weird, he wanted to join us and it looked like a deal could be done even mentioned by someone at Shakthar that he could go for less than his buy out this window but would cost more in the summer, they clearly didnt want to sell though and we cooled off, probably looking to wait for the summer even if it meant paying more.

Pool came in and it looked like a no go altogether, maybe we've a deal in place to sign him in the summer, call me mad but thats what it looks like to me, the most recent words are thats hes going to cost £XXm and that sit, few weeks ago he was being handed over for a lot less.

We might not have any deal in place but it looks like someone is interested and Shakthar are more than happy to keep him until the summer and dismise offers now and make money later.

Maybe Roman knew Shaktar wouldn't sell and that explains our lack of interest.

I think he was just desperate to get out of there to break into the Brazil squad. I'd be confident of signing him in the summer if the new manager was interested.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Maybe Roman knew Shaktar wouldn't sell and that explains our lack of interest.

I think he was just desperate to get out of there to break into the Brazil squad. I'd be confident of signing him in the summer if the new manager was interested.

One of the Shakthar higher ups said a deal was possible, I'd say they wanted to get it done quickly if it was to happen.

Anyway, my theory is only that, could and probably is a load of bo**ocks.

I was apprehensive at 30m and as you said, it should be down to the new manager to bring in the future stars Maziga and Pato are stop gaps for now and cheap. Lumbering a new manager with 30m worth of talent he mightnt fancy would be a waste of everyones time.

11.5M bid accepted for Remy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

11.5M bid accepted for Remy

Hope they catch him on a good day or he fail the medical. How many times when needed to start was injured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Hope they catch him on a good day or he fail the medical. How many times when needed to start was injured.

Don't think he can actually pass a proper medical because of his knee

I think that's why we passed on him when he was at Marseille, and why Liverpool passed on him in summer 2014

Brazilian swap why not most certainly bye bye Remy now.

Will Bamford start now Sunday?

Of course not !!!!!!!!

Brazilian swap why not most certainly bye bye Remy now.

Will Bamford start now Sunday?

Of course not !!!!!!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/_xTwPoiX46/

He kept fit during the off season anyway. Finally a bit of muscle in the attack.

/No homo

Had a ready up on his time in Brazil. He was never really utilized as a lone striker while he was there and when he was he was very ineffective.

His best position is a support striker so I think he'll come in to play alongside Costa. His preferred position would be on the left, but it's hard to see him displacing Hazard, unless Guus moves him to #10. He isn't a very willing runner though and often shirks his defensive responsibilities.

I see him as an option from the bench mainly, either when we are chasing a game or trying to break a team down.

I'm excited to see he links up, we haven't really had a good support striker since Nic Anelka and it'd be refreshing to see us play with 2 up top, I think it would throw teams off a bit also, teams have gotten used to our build up play lately.

• Advertisement

Lukker- wrote: »
    Had a ready up on his time in Brazil. He was never really utilized as a lone striker while he was there and when he was he was very ineffective.

His best position is a support striker so I think he'll come in to play alongside Costa. His preferred position would be on the left, but it's hard to see him displacing Hazard, unless Guus moves him to #10. He isn't a very willing runner though and often shirks his defensive responsibilities.

I see him as an option from the bench mainly, either when we are chasing a game or trying to break a team down.

I'm excited to see he links up, we haven't really had a good support striker since Nic Anelka and it'd be refreshing to see us play with 2 up top, I think it would throw teams off a bit also, teams have gotten used to our build up play lately.

Depends on how we'd line up with 2 potential CFs.

Being honest I'd play from the left and shift Hazard to #10 and willian right.

Azp is one of the finest FBs around and is very rarrely beaten or given a bad time of it, even if he was targeted by a good winger he should do enough to stop them, if PAto was on the right however we'd be f**ked. :o

looks nervous poor lad

Oscars twin brother

The person who wrote Conte's autobiography and a Sky Italia reporter have said that Conte has agreed to become our next manager.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement