Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I wouldnt have taken off RLC being honest, I would have whipped Pedro and thrown Ramires RW and MAtic CM and left RLC on but I suppose Jose wanted experience too, at least MAtic was decent once he came on and got more than 20/25mins :pac:

Yeah Pedro was poor, himself Hazard and Oscar are hopefully all worrying about their starting spots at the moment with Ramires and Willian coming into form lately. Willian actually reminded me of Hazard last year so much, taking loads of responsibility on the ball, coming deep to create and then getting up with Costa in attack too. I'd imagine with Fab, Ramires and RLC/Matic he felt a bit free-er from defensive duties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

hots wrote: »
    Yeah Pedro was poor, himself Hazard and Oscar are hopefully all worrying about their starting spots at the moment with Ramires and Willian coming into form lately. Willian actually reminded me of Hazard last year so much, taking loads of responsibility on the ball, coming deep to create and then getting up with Costa in attack too. I'd imagine with Fab, Ramires and RLC/Matic he felt a bit free-er from defensive duties.

Willian is finally looking somewhat like a 30m player, he still needs to do much more IMO.

I'd love if we could get Hazard and Willian firing on all cylinders as it hasnt happened enough for us so far in their time at the club.

A weird stat for the West Ham game, we're as bad away from home 4pts from 4games, as West Ham are at home, 4pts from 4 games.

Picking up a win there would be a great boost to the season too IMO.

Didnt see this linked but anyway, apparently, accorindg to Daniel Levy, Chelsea are preparing to offer the FA £15m a year for exclusive use of Wembley during the construction of the stadium.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/11934230/Chelsea-make-four-year-bid-to-land-Wembley-damaging-Tottenhams-chances-of-playing-there-for-a-season.html

Spurs only require Wembley for 1 year while we need it for at least 3 and maybe 4 years.

Be gas if Spurs were made to play in Milton Keys

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

No way we should be sharing a ground with Spurs we are above that.

Lukker- wrote: »
    No way we should be sharing a ground with Spurs we are above that.

I'd say the FA will do it anyway, it treats but clubs fairly and instead of 15m from us they get 30m for having 2 clubs using it.

Not sure how they'll work around us playing on Tuesday/Wednesday and Spurs on Thursday and us back on Saturday and Spurs Sunday when the European fixtures roll around though.

Big week in the UCL for us and other English sides.

Hoping we get it right and get a result against Kyiv.

Cant see RLC starting being honest but I reckon 8 or 9 of those who started on Saturday will start.

Cant see RLC starting being honest but I reckon 8 or 9 of those who started on Saturday will start.

There's 5 sticky games coming up and as someone said earlier coming through those unbeaten would be a great feat based on our current form. I think if there's to be any hope of that a bit of consistency and fighting spirit needs to be developed in the first 11.

Would expect Matic back in which is grand and maybe give Cahill a chance to get back in. No more than that hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Remy and pedro have not travelled

peteeeed wrote: »
    Remy and pedro have not travelled

If I was guessing the XI i would have dropped PEdro myself and thrown in OScar or Hazard.

Team will probably be

Begovic
    Zouma Cahill JT Azp
    Matic Cesc
    Willian Oscar Hazard
    Costa

• Advertisement

If I was guessing the XI i would have dropped PEdro myself and thrown in OScar or Hazard.

Team will probably be

Begovic
    Zouma Cahill JT Azp
    Matic Cesc
    Willian Oscar Hazard
    Costa

I'd say Baba plays again, I don't think it's worth more shuffling to play Zouma out of position and now seems like a risk-free time to blood him in. If he's going to come good he'll need game time.

I'd say Baba plays again, I don't think it's worth more shuffling to play Zouma out of position and now seems like a risk-free time to blood him in. If he's going to come good he'll need game time.

Away to Kyiv? That'll be a real test for any LB, let alone a guy whos struggling against Villa.

I just dont think Jose will play him, I could be wrong but after result in Portugal, I reckon Jose will revert to type and hope for a solid away performance and take a draw.

All the English sides this year have started pretty poorly, Arsenal have a huge double header against Munich as theyre the only side without any points and if they'll need points to ensure they get 2nd.

City, us and Utd all have 1 win and 1 loss.

I think its huge we dont lose this game as two teams could easily go 4 points above us with 3 games to go, granted we'd have to play both of those teams at home in those 3 games but that kind of total could be hard to claw back.

If that was the case I'd prefer to come 4th than 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I think Baba will start too. He needs games to get settled in the team. I think the CL is more forgiving for foreign players too compared to the PL.

I'm just worried what Yarmolenko will do to him if he starts wide left, that guy is a talented winger and would test even the best FB.

Now all we need is Hazard to play like last year and Jose to pick him and we're sorted :pac:

Seen a recent picutre of Cesc online and hes in serious shape. Pretty much liek Costa and Hazard, who were carrying extra weight into the season.

Which all harps back to us coming in late for pre-season. It goes back to Jsoe giving the team extra time off.

The blame falls with him but the players do look like theyre trying to get back to what they were when we won the league few months ago, its probabyl too late for this year but build for next year and push on in the cups and learn from the mistakes of this pre-season.

Training tonight so not sure if I'll see the game.

Hope we get the job done now, I'd happily take a draw being honest and beat them at the Bridge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Any chance were on itv tonight ?

rottie 11 wrote: »

I've not checked but I'd assume it sArsenal v bayern, its a huge game.

I just hope we dont bloody lose tonight, its very likely that Porto will win and if Porto and Kyiv both win we're 4 points behind both. Not a great situation to be in.

Hoping we start as strong as possible which would mean Hazard playing and Matic too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

rottie 11 wrote: »

ITV don't have Champions League any more do they?

ITV don't have Champions League any more do they?

Youre right, the game will be on RTE and by game I mean Arsenal v Bayern, ITV are only allowed to show the final FTA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

BT have all the games. Watch it there.

• Advertisement

Sky package, no BT.

Feckin baxtards :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Sky package, no BT.

We Didnt know ourselves when we had every match on sky sports and the 2 english matches on FTA, I dont want to pay for BT atm so I guess I wont see any CL games except for United and Arsnel this season T-T

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

There are other ways to see them, it sickens me that the packages get split up under the pretence of trying to stop any one provider getting a monopoly and in the end it only costing the fans more!
    I'm all for monopoly's me.

Is the free Setanta channel showing us tonight lads? Our first one was on that I think...

Is the free Setanta channel showing us tonight lads? Our first one was on that I think...

nvm, it looks as though we are according to their listings page.

• Advertisement

team v Dynamo Kiev: Begovic; Zouma, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Ramires, Matic; Willian, Fabregas, Hazard; Diego Costa.

subs tonight: Blackman, Baba, Mikel, Oscar, Traore, Kenedy, Falcao.

Team will probably be

Begovic
    Zouma Cahill JT Azp
    Matic Cesc
    Willian Oscar Hazard
    Costa

I was close. :o

Knew zouma would be RB too.

No RLC is seriously disappointing though

No RLC is seriously disappointing though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

there is a free Setanta channel?

Sky package, no BT.

+1 :(

Looks like they are freezing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Robbie Savage commentating on our game and mark lawrenson on the arsenal game :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Unlucky Hazard, hits the post.

• Advertisement

Kiev don't seem up to much, will be disappointed if we don't win here.

What a ball from Willian, unlucky.

We should have had a penalty too.

Super run from Matic, should have scored though.

We're very unlucky not to be a goal up at least

We're very unlucky not to be a goal up at least

Would be typical if Kiev ran up and scored now, we really should win this game though.

Super free kick from Willian, so unlucky.

Ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Cahill. FFS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Ramires. FFS.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement