Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Ya, sacking Jose is looking better and better every week.

Certainly does with our unbeaten streak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

It will be very interesting at City next season. Personally I think Chelsea were fortunate not to get Pep.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Pep was always going to City I can't believe the brains trust at the Bridge ever believed they could snatch him I just hope they don't make a bad situation worse and offer Pellegrini a contract.

Pep got a bit of work to do at City, fine team but disjointed a bit, given our absolute collapse they really should have it wrapped up by now. Will make it interesting now and all the more important we don't have any more transfer window cock ups like last summer. Sadly whoever was responsible for that seems to have escaped with Jose being the fall guy in this instance. City have so much money we have to get it right, we don't seem short of a few bob but City are seriously rich.

Pep was always going to City I can't believe the brains trust at the Bridge ever believed they could snatch him I just hope they don't make a bad situation worse and offer Pellegrini a contract.

Pep got a bit of work to do at City, fine team but disjointed a bit, given our absolute collapse they really should have it wrapped up by now. Will make it interesting now and all the more important we don't have any more transfer window cock ups like last summer. Sadly whoever was responsible for that seems to have escaped with Jose being the fall guy in this instance. City have so much money we have to get it right, we don't seem short of a few bob but City are seriously rich.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Barr wrote: »
    It will be very interesting at City next season. Personally I think Chelsea were fortunate not to get Pep.

Really ?

why is that, I would have thought he was one of the few left that could take that job ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

duploelabs wrote: »
    Certainly does with our unbeaten streak

Its a very padded stat and one I'd have no problem giving up to have kept Jose long term and gut the team.

Guus has only won 2 league games from 6 with us and 4 draws. Our next 2 games are against sides we've already drawn with recently, Watford away and Utd at home.

Now, we're going to have a vastly inferior manager to Pep from next season onwards, with a squad that still needs clearing out in key areas and thats with a tigther budget than city, and no UCL football as well as whats likely to be a less desireable manager.

Jose will probably end up at Utd, leaving both Manchester clubs and Arsenal with standout amangers in the league.

I also wouldnt want to touch Pellegrini at all but the board might take him on.

Conte ftw!!!

Conte ftw!!!

Theres a few candidates but as its been said already, Conte, Allegri, Simeone, none of them speak English. :o

I'd love Simeone, hes in the Jose mould of passion, desire and intensity but hes also got a different view of the game in the way he sets his side up to attack.

I dont think Simeone is possible to get though, hes 100% Atleti.

Really ?

why is that, I would have thought he was one of the few left that could take that job ..

Look at what he done at Bayern Munich. He certainly did them no favors.

He plumed for the "safest" job back then. No risk in taking over an already all conquering Munich side in a poor league.

I can see him coming in and spending zillions whilst words like "project" and "team in transition" are touted about.

It could be years before any benefit is seen, and chances are he would have been sacked long before then , with someone else picking up the pieces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

We could do alot worse than pelligrini imo. There's a dearth of top class managers out there. We'd be better to appoint a top class director of football to ensure continuity of a footballing philosophy. The summer transfer window will reveal much in regards to where we will be for the next 5 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Theres a few candidates but as its been said already, Conte, Allegri, Simeone, none of them speak English. :o

I'd love Simeone, hes in the Jose mould of passion, desire and intensity but hes also got a different view of the game in the way he sets his side up to attack.

Conte has been learning English since he left Juve, supposedly has a good grasp of it now.

We could do alot worse than pelligrini imo. There's a dearth of top class managers out there. We'd be better to appoint a top class director of football to ensure continuity of a footballing philosophy. The summer transfer window will reveal much in regards to where we will be for the next 5 years

We could do a lot better too.

Pellegrini has head and shoulders the best squad in the league and he struggles to get them winning consistently.

His tactical naivety would drive me mad.

The players seem to respond better to a more relaxed management style like Hiddinks.

Simeone would be a Jose MkII. I could see a repeat of what happened this season.

As long as who ever gets the job is actually allowed the reign to do it we still have the bones of a team capable of giving anyone a run for their money. We buggered up last seasons summer transfer window in spectacular fashion and this was compounded by not using really quite gifted young players when the first team was going nowhere.

We need some continuity in a big way as Tombliboo83 suggests, the likes of RLC, Kenedy or Traore will find it very hard to breakthrough without it. And dare I say it the likes of KdB or Lukaku could even still be here though there was certainly fault on their side with a structure they trusted it could have been different.

The Conte argument seems to be gaining a bit of traction here and there, at this stage I am beyond caring to be honest as he will most likely only be here until the first dip in form.

As long as who ever gets the job is actually allowed the reign to do it we still have the bones of a team capable of giving anyone a run for their money. We buggered up last seasons summer transfer window in spectacular fashion and this was compounded by not using really quite gifted young players when the first team was going nowhere.

We need some continuity in a big way as Tombliboo83 suggests, the likes of RLC, Kenedy or Traore will find it very hard to breakthrough without it. And dare I say it the likes of KdB or Lukaku could even still be here though there was certainly fault on their side with a structure they trusted it could have been different.

The Conte argument seems to be gaining a bit of traction here and there, at this stage I am beyond caring to be honest as he will most likely only be here until the first dip in form.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Lukker- wrote: »
    We could do a lot better too.

Pellegrini has head and shoulders the best squad in the league and he struggles to get them winning consistently.

His tactical naivety would drive me mad.

Exactly, they won the league with a very very strong squad and over the course of a season were the best. Come head to head, and some of the only really tough games all season in the CL they didn't have it in them. I hope we steer clear.

hots wrote: »
    Exactly, they won the league with a very very strong squad and over the course of a season were the best. Come head to head, and some of the only really tough games all season in the CL they didn't have it in them. I hope we steer clear.

Pellegrini poxed the title in the end from Pool in 2013/14, granted, at one stage it looked like they should have wrapped it up in about April but they bottled a few big games in that run in, including losing to the Pool when Gerrard had that huddle.

It took us beating the Pool at home to stop them going on to win the title, gave City breathing room due to the superior goal difference.

I wouldnt want him anyway.

If Real want a player, barring the fax machine going on the blink, the player will end up at Real.

Theyve got a suspension on their transfer ban so theyre going to go mental in the summer in terms of who theyre going to bring in and I reckon it will be De Gea and Hazard as the 2 big signings.

Well Hazard has a long contract and we are not desperate for the money, that being the case Real Madrid have a lot of goodies we might want if so make sure that is the deal. Not a lot Hazard can do about that really and lets be fair what exactly did Guus say other than what you could say about any player, might be some poker going on here.

• Advertisement

I'm personally relieved that we don't have to watch the Mourinho vs Guardiola sideshow next season, at least from a Chelsea perspective.

The club can certainly do without the negative headlines, Real Madrid looked like a circus then and it was a spectacle for all the wrong reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Not feeling love for Hazard any more. Unless he wants to go out with a UCL bang, we've got all we're going to get out of him. Flog him for mega bucks. TBH, I don't think he'll ever reach truly world class heights anyway. Better off with someone with less talent but more professionalism.

Similar feelings about Costa lovewise. He'll probably deliver goals for years to come, but at what cost. Between discipline and injury, I don't think he can be relied on to deliver when needed (we're talking UCL finals here).

After the implosion of the Mou 2 era (compounded by last summer's transfer clusterfeck), we need a fresh start which marries discipline and talent. The coming clearout should include backstage too (Emanalo).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

To be honest I'm pretty confident hazard will be with us next season, I know it's easy to say when you're winning 5-1 but the whole team looked like enjoying themselves yesterday for the first time in a year.

McDave wrote: »
    After the implosion of the Mou 2 era (compounded by last summer's transfer clusterfeck), we need a fresh start which marries discipline and talent. The coming clearout should include backstage too (Emanalo).

The worse thing Roman has done was not accept Emanalos resignation when Jose was coming back.

What does it say about the previous relationship between those two that Emanalo was willing to leave to make it work.

Remy looks to be staying at the moment.

Remy looks to be staying at the moment.

Probably would fail the medical.

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Probably would fail the medical.

I thinnk its being pulled on our end because Falcao is crocked and Pato wont be ready for a good while.

Falcao could be going back to Ateltico but I reckon thats just deadline day spoof.

Falcao could be going back to Ateltico but I reckon thats just deadline day spoof.

Wonder if pep would be interested in taking him to city?

• Advertisement

Wonder if pep would be interested in taking him to city?

He'd be bloody mad if he even considered it. Hes had two dire years in England, 1 through injuries and the other through lack of goals. Although hes not exatly scored for fun here when given a chance.

Actually, falcao has been injured since as far back as the start of November.

Nothing would surprise me with him after Jose went in for him!
    The gods must have been smiling down on him to give him his last two contracts.

Nothing would surprise me with him after Jose went in for him!
    The gods must have been smiling down on him to give him his last two contracts.

He struck gold going to Monaco, he was the most feared CF in Europe and he went to bloody Monaco for the €€€€€€€.

Mendes knows how to get top dollar for his clients I'll give him that, even if I do despise him.

He struck gold going to Monaco, he was the most feared CF in Europe and he went to bloody Monaco for the €€€€€€€.

Mendes knows how to get top dollar for his clients I'll give him that, even if I do despise him.
    I really think him coming to us was a case of Jose scratching mendes's back. It was ok at first because I taught we may get our back scratched in return but instead we got fûck all.

I really think him coming to us was a case of Jose scratching mendes's back. It was ok at first because I taught we may get our back scratched in return but instead we got fûck all.

Seemed a bit of a bung alright. Jose didn't trust him one bit when he got here, baffling signing.

It is strange that Falcao arrived and we all think Emenalo is not up to it, after his time at United it is strange there was no get out of jail free card in the back pocket.

So as the season is dead, Pepe is off to City what is the great managerial stakes going to be?

Will Jose rock up at United?

Do United fans want him (every United fan I know wants him ofr sure)?

If Arsenal do not win the league will Wenger be retained or perhaps "promoted"?

Who is going to want the part time job at Chelsea and pad out their bank balance when they get sacked?

More interesting than talking about Watford on a cold winters night :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

It is strange that Falcao arrived and we all think Emenalo is not up to it, after his time at United it is strange there was no get out of jail free card in the back pocket.

We were honestly better off keepig Bamford or Moses than bringing in Falcao, says a lot.
    So as the season is dead, Pepe is off to City what is the great managerial stakes going to be?
    Short answer, we're boned
    Will Jose rock up at United?
    Yes, in the summer
    Do United fans want him (every United fan I know wants him ofr sure)?
    WEll they wanted Pep and theyre bitching and moaning about missing out on him, the poor buggers may have to settle for Jose.
    If Arsenal do not win the league will Wenger be retained or perhaps "promoted"?
    If they dont win the league he should be sacked, Utd, Chelsea, Pool all doing crap, shows how bad the league is when Leicester and Spurs make up the top 4, this is Wengers best chance of a league title in about 15years.
    Who is going to want the part time job at Chelsea and pad out their bank balance when they get sacked?
    As ya said, its one of the worst but best jobs in football, win and youre rewarded, lose and you get a huige pay off, its win/win.
    More interesting than talking about Watford on a cold winters night :D:D

Only if we beat Watford on said cold night. :o

• Advertisement

Not so depressing, don't care where he goes, he's given us many many titles so good luck to him

The depressing thing for me is he should not be an option for United he should still be with us, we should not be scratching around the crumbs under the table when we had a really comfy seat at the table.

But for him personally yea wish him all the best where ever he goes bar Arsenal of course :D

The depressing thing for me is he should not be an option for United he should still be with us, we should not be scratching around the crumbs under the table when we had a really comfy seat at the table.

But for him personally yea wish him all the best where ever he goes bar Arsenal of course :D

I bet Jose would love to go to arsenal to try and prove a point. :o

Not that theyed ever consider him after the Wenger spats.

Talk of Falcao loan being cancelled and him going to China or Valencia.

China can solve all our problems right?

• Advertisement

I bet Jose would love to go to arsenal to try and prove a point. :o

Not that theyed ever consider him after the Wenger spats.

If he does go to ManU then the popcorn will be out for both the City and Arsenal matches

Lukker- wrote: »
    Talk of Falcao loan being cancelled and him going to China or Valencia.

China can solve all our problems right?

Spanish window is closed too, Chinese one is open for another 2 weeks or something.

So Pato is going to channel his inner Drogba with the number 11 shirt.

Maizga has taken the number 20, previously worn by Josh MacEchran, Deco and of course super Paulo Ferreira.

So Pato is going to channel his inner Drogba with the number 11 shirt.

Maizga has taken the number 20, previously worn by Josh MacEchran, Deco and of course super Paulo Ferreira.

If he does go to ManU then the popcorn will be out for both the City and Arsenal matches

And the tissues for when he rocks up at the Bridge again in the opposition dug out. :o

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement