Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I bet Jose would love to go to arsenal to try and prove a point. :o

Not that theyed ever consider him after the Wenger spats.

If he does go to ManU then the popcorn will be out for both the City and Arsenal matches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

McDave wrote: »
    Not feeling love for Hazard any more. Unless he wants to go out with a UCL bang, we've got all we're going to get out of him. Flog him for mega bucks. TBH, I don't think he'll ever reach truly world class heights anyway. Better off with someone with less talent but more professionalism.

Similar feelings about Costa lovewise. He'll probably deliver goals for years to come, but at what cost. Between discipline and injury, I don't think he can be relied on to deliver when needed (we're talking UCL finals here).

After the implosion of the Mou 2 era (compounded by last summer's transfer clusterfeck), we need a fresh start which marries discipline and talent. The coming clearout should include backstage too (Emanalo).

Yep at this stage after what they did to Mourinho I say f*ck Costa and Hazard, can't even celebrate their goals anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Yep at this stage after what they did to Mourinho I say f*ck Costa and Hazard, can't even celebrate their goals anymore.

Careful what you wish for. Potentially two of our best players.
    Costa beat Arsenal on his own, literally.
    When Hazard is on form he is sensational.

I take your point however - difficult times for Chelsea fans now

cadaliac wrote: »
    Careful what you wish for. Potentially two of our best players.
    Costa beat Arsenal on his own, literally.
    When Hazard is on form he is sensational.

I take your point however - difficult times for Chelsea fans now

True, but it will take some time for the love to come back ..

Of course I was happy with the Arsenal win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Whos getting a Pato shirt? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Patontheback?
    Whos getting a Pato shirt? :o

bullpost wrote: »
    Patontheback?

Ya, I may indeed get Pato on the back of my black jersey.

Have Costa on the home one. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Pep to City really puts a bomb under RA. We really took our eye off the ball over the summer. Not that we were really going to get Pep (our previous play for him when he was on sabbatical didn't go down well). But we just didn't build on the title win, and have fallen off a cliff like we just came up from the Championship.

There's been an underlying drift at the club since Mou 1 when we tried to build a mid-field to attract Pep that just didn't hack it. It's sad that we're at this pass. Not even being in for the top 4 is a disaster for recruitment. We'll need a credible new start with a kick-ass disciplinarian manager. I don't think it's going to be Simeone who I don't think will translate culturally to London. Maybe Conte is our man.

Well City are going to smash the transfer record in the summer so we might be left feeding on scraps again.

I'm optimistic that someone on the board has a degree of intelligence and either has a manager lined up or very close to it.

As long as the new managers name isnt Rafa Benitez, David Moyes or Brendan Rodgers, I'd be happy enough.

Do we dare to dream and win back to back EPL games for the first time this season tomorrow tonight?

• Advertisement

Goes to show how sh*t the league is that if we win and we probably wont, we'll be only 3 points behind Liverpool.

At least we'll go down in the records book as one of the worse defences of a title ever, thats something right? :o

Goes to show how sh*t the league is that if we win and we probably wont, we'll be only 3 points behind Liverpool.

At least we'll go down in the records book as one of the worse defences of a title ever, thats something right? :o

As long as the new managers name isnt Rafa Benitez, David Moyes or Brendan Rodgers, I'd be happy enough.

So Steve Staunton is ok then ?
    :P

A few wins on the trot and some results going our way, and we'll be 7th. Getting any further up the greasy pole will be a bigger ask. Overhauling either Spurs or Arsenal both currently on 45 points? Not really on. But all we can do is string wins together and hope for an implosion or three.

Stan ('The Special Happy Gaffer') is sooo a Chelsea man. Sign him up!

I'd have him over the other 3 I mentioned anyway. :D
    McDave wrote: »
    A few wins on the trot and some results going our way, and we'll be 7th. Getting any further up the greasy pole will be a bigger ask. Overhauling either Spurs or Arsenal both currently on 45 points? Not really on. But all we can do is string wins together and hope for an implosion or three.

I think top 7/8 is possible but we've to start winning games on the bounce, draws are no good for us with only 15 games left to go, I'd like a respectable end to the season at this rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

I'd have him over the other 3 I mentioned anyway. :D

I think top 7/8 is possible but we've to start winning games on the bounce, draws are no good for us with only 15 games left to go, I'd like a respectable end to the season at this rate.

We don't want Europa League though :pac:

We don't want Europa League though :pac:

8th it is ;)

Or win the UCL and deny another club a UCL place :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

8th it is ;)

Or win the UCL and deny another club a UCL place :pac:

In 2008 a Portuguese manager was sacked, and an interim replacement reached the CL final

In 2012 a Portuguese manager was sacked, and an interim replacement won the CL

In 2016 a Portuguese manager was sacked, and an interim replacement..................

• Advertisement

In 2008 a Portuguese manager was sacked, and an interim replacement reached the CL final

In 2012 a Portuguese manager was sacked, and an interim replacement won the CL

In 2016 a Portuguese manager was sacked, and an interim replacement..................

So youre saying theres a chance :pac:

Classy Wenger strikes again.
    Wenger shouted at Mason (referee): 'It's always the same with you.'

Koeman saw the exchange and confronted Wenger before saying: 'It's always the same with you.' You had 10 chances to score and didn’t take any of them, instead you take it out on them (the officials)’

Wonder will he see a ban, I know if it was a certain Portuguese manager the ban would be forthcoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Wonder will he see a ban, I know if it was a certain Portuguese manager the ban would be forthcoming.

Wow was hardly the worst thing a manager could say to a referee. Jose has said and done a lot worse, that's probably why he got bans.

Wow was hardly the worst thing a manager could say to a referee. Jose has said and done a lot worse, that's probably why he got bans.

Theres no doubting he has but anytime hes questioned a refs call or decision its been pillared. From what I heard of the game, Mason, apart from leaving challenges and cards go, didnt miss anything major per se, so its not really his fault if chances go a begging. It is yere best chance at a league since ye last won it so I can understand the pressure but if the above altercation is true, its very petty.

I do wonder will this incident (a) be in Masons match report and (b) will the FA do anything about it if it is.

I'm going to say yes to (a) and no to (b).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

We already have one of them.

Won the league in '55, finished 16th the year after. :o

Though, Man City won the league in '37 and were relegated the year after so it won't be the worst ever title defence. But it will be one of them. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Theres no doubting he has but anytime hes questioned a refs call or decision its been pillared. From what I heard of the game, Mason, apart from leaving challenges and cards go, didnt miss anything major per se, so its not really his fault if chances go a begging. It is yere best chance at a league since ye last won it so I can understand the pressure but if the above altercation is true, its very petty.

I do wonder will this incident (a) be in Masons match report and (b) will the FA do anything about it if it is.

I'm going to say yes to (a) and no to (b).

Yeah you are right there, Mason was atrocious, but was more for the reasons ya said above and it wasn't the reason why Arsenal didn't win the game.
    It's obviously frustration on the managers part, but don't think what he said warrants a ban. Fair enough if Mourinho got bans for similar circumstances than he should get one, can't say I'm that familiar with the times Mourinho got bans apart from when he confronted a referee at half time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Thing is there is the respect campaign or there is not. Personally think there should not be personal attacks on refs but they should be accountable for their actions. Letting them slink off into the night with no repercussions for poor performances just builds up fustration.

It is funny really when Jose got his stadium ban after the West Ham game it was shouting at Moss that Wenger was right :pac::pac:

I don't like Wenger but I do have some sympathy here, he should be fined or banned if the FA is to be consistent but the likes of Mason and Moss should be nowhere near refereeing top flight matches.

Getting concerned here the Pelligrini to Chelsea reports seem to be gaining some traction and I guess it is worth remembering the colossus football brain that is Emanalo tried very hard to get him before the second coming.

This is starting to make Conte much more appealing though to be honest as long as it is not one particular ex manager it is becoming more difficult to be overly concerned who our next interim manager will be.

Getting concerned here the Pelligrini to Chelsea reports seem to be gaining some traction and I guess it is worth remembering the colossus football brain that is Emanalo tried very hard to get him before the second coming.

This is starting to make Conte much more appealing though to be honest as long as it is not one particular ex manager it is becoming more difficult to be overly concerned who our next interim manager will be.

Jon Moss has to be the most awful ref in the league.

Anytime I see him ref our games I do a :rolleyes:

Some extra tickets were up last night for the Utd game at the weekend, not sure how many Utd returned or if theyre still on sale though.

• Advertisement

LAst time we played Watford back in 06/07 our starting team was as follows

Cech
    Geremi Carvalho JT Cole
    Lamps Makelele Ballack
    SWP Drogba Sheva

Another stat for ya :
    Chelsea are seeking three successive away wins in the Premier League for the first time since April 2015.

I read Remy is injured again .............. I wonder why he didn't leave during the window? He must be best buddies with Falcao by now though.

So will Pato get a run from the bench? Or is the game simply too soon for him, it's not like we could have signed him 4 weeks ago like ....

If I was as bad at my job as some at the Bridge seem to be I would have been sacked long since but at Chelsea seems the manager carries the can for everything. It would be interesting to know who actually is in charge of transfers?

Still a win tonight and confidence will hopefully be starting to build prior to the season defining PSG game.

I read Remy is injured again .............. I wonder why he didn't leave during the window? He must be best buddies with Falcao by now though.

So will Pato get a run from the bench? Or is the game simply too soon for him, it's not like we could have signed him 4 weeks ago like ....

If I was as bad at my job as some at the Bridge seem to be I would have been sacked long since but at Chelsea seems the manager carries the can for everything. It would be interesting to know who actually is in charge of transfers?

Still a win tonight and confidence will hopefully be starting to build prior to the season defining PSG game.

LAst time we played Watford back in 06/07 our starting team was as follows

Cech
    Geremi Carvalho JT Cole
    Lamps Makelele Ballack
    SWP Drogba Sheva

Another stat for ya :
    Current players that could get into that side?

Dave for Geremi, Hazard for SWP and Costa for Sheva.

How times have changed. :(

I'd say it will be too soon for Pato, I'd expect him to travel with the squad though, get a feel for it but we'll probably have Pedro or Traore from the bench as CF options should Costa need help.

We've City in the cup too prior to playing PSG away, thats a huge period in our season.

I'm under no illusion that we're massive underdogs to PSG for this game but knocking them out and getting a far as possible would be good for us, I do think that if we beat PSG we'll be cannon fodder for a team in the next round but we might as well enjoy it, we wont be in Europe next year.

It also took a Kalou 90 off minute winner to settle it. :o

It also took a Kalou 90 off minute winner to settle it. :o

Jesus yeah I remember that now, that was briliiant :pac:

Kalou was under-rated too, we could do with a player like him now who will chip in with 10-12 goals as 2nd or 3rd choice attacker

Would Hazard have gone in before Robben? Not the way he's playing at the moment anyway.

To think that side also had Essien in reserve

Gallas or Dave lads? Who would ye have?

Would Hazard have gone in before Robben?
    Ahead of Robben? No way. Robben at his best was unplayable. Hazard can be too but I think Robben was far more consistent, especially considering his injury record.

• Advertisement

Would Hazard have gone in before Robben? Not the way he's playing at the moment anyway.

To think that side also had Essien in reserve

On current form, it would be Robben, Willian then Hazard. :P
    Gallas or Dave lads? Who would ye have?

Dave, everyday of the week. Gallas was good for us but was shoe horned into the RB and even worse, LB positions at time, Dave is just a hero.

I'm also taking into account Gallas went to Arsenal and wore the number 10 jersey, and he also played for Spurs.

One of my best non-Chelsea memories of Gallas when he had an absolute nightmare against us at the Lane when we won 4-2, think Mata got 2 goals that day, Sturridge and maybe Meireles scored too, I think.

Jesus yeah I remember that now, that was briliiant :pac:

Kalou was under-rated too, we could do with a player like him now who will chip in with 10-12 goals as 2nd or 3rd choice attacker

Was a diving header too and I think from a Mikel cross. :o

We had one, Schurrle was always good for the odd goal or assist but he had to move on for his career. Kalou was a cult hero though.

One of my best non-Chelsea memories of Gallas when he had an absolute nightmare against us at the Lane when we won 4-2, think Mata got 2 goals that day, Sturridge and maybe Meireles scored too, I think.
    Or when he (as captain) threw a strop because Arsenal conceded a late equaliser at Birmingham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Ahead of Robben? No way. Robben at his best was unplayable. Hazard can be too but I think Robben was far more consistent, especially considering his injury record.

Robben for us was as inconsistent as Hazard.

Hazard has been very consistent bar this season and he's far from the only one who isn't close to their level this season.

I loved Robben but IMO he was more frustrating then Hazard and very greedy. Greed is fine if you can back it up but he didn't hit a huge amount of goals for us, Hazard, even counting this season has a way better goal to game ratio and you could argue that he isn't greedy enough.

Apaprently we'll be sharing Wembley with Spurs for one year in the 2017/18 season when we move out fully, once we planning permission from the council, we'll be there for 3 seasons but Spurs will only need it for one 1 season.

Cup matches will be weird.

I wonder will we be able to fill it? Or will there be some restriction that it can only take 60k for non international matches due to policing.

Will they lower ticket prices a bit to ensure we fill it? Interesting times, I'm a bit worried tbh, but hopefully we can turn it into a fortress.

If we are back in the CL by the 2017 season, the atmosphere at Wembley is gonna be class!

Would people be open to Hiddink staying?

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/chelsea/story/2796528/guus-hiddink-leaves-door-open-for-permanent-chelsea-stay

He says he is only human and may be tempted.

Conte would be my first choice but if Hiddink was inclined to stay I'd keep him. The squad seem to really respect him, he has intergrated the youth more in 8 games then Jose did in 2 seasons.

The only downside is I think Emenalo would retain his power, whereas if someone like Conte or Simeone came in, they'd demand control over transfers and we'd have a more top down change in everything.

Would people be open to Hiddink staying?

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/chelsea/story/2796528/guus-hiddink-leaves-door-open-for-permanent-chelsea-stay

He says he is only human and may be tempted.

Conte would be my first choice but if Hiddink was inclined to stay I'd keep him. The squad seem to really respect him, he has intergrated the youth more in 8 games then Jose did in 2 seasons.

The only downside is I think Emenalo would retain his power, whereas if someone like Conte or Simeone came in, they'd demand control over transfers and we'd have a more top down change in everything.

• Advertisement

Or when he (as captain) threw a strop because Arsenal conceded a late equaliser at Birmingham.

That was brilliant, I think that was the game that one of their CFs got his leg broke in a few places, that wasnt brilliant however.
    Lukker- wrote: »
    Cup matches will be weird.

I wonder will we be able to fill it? Or will there be some restriction that it can only take 60k for non international matches due to policing.

Will they lower ticket prices a bit to ensure we fill it? Interesting times, I'm a bit worried tbh, but hopefully we can turn it into a fortress.

Think it will be a 50k limit for all Chelsea & Spurs matches. I'm not sure how the ticketing will work being honest, I'd imagine as we're renting we can charge what we want, we wont be getting any off the food/drink money so the club will want to keep prices as is to recoup the 20m which going on some calculations will probably take about 13-15 home games. If you throw in cup games and european games wwe'll end up playing about 25-30 games at Wembley a year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement