Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

No thanks to Hiddink staying, he's a great man for steadying the ship but I don't think he'd bring us forward.

Simone is the man for the job, the job he has done and is doing with Atletico is just brilliant. He probably won't bring the exciting football Roman craves but he's a winner. Hopefully he can be tempted, oh and he can bring Griezmann with him. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Johner wrote: »
    No thanks to Hiddink staying, he's a great man for steadying the ship but I don't think he'd bring us forward.

Simone is the man for the job, the job he has done and is doing with Atletico is just brilliant. He probably won't bring the exciting football Roman craves but he's a winner. Hopefully he can be tempted, oh and he can bring Griezmann with him. :pac:

Considering they sold Martinez to the super rich Chinese I'd doubt theyed be willing to sell griezmann in the summer, nor would they want to lose Simeone. :o

I'm assuming since Oscar scored a hat trick at the weekend he'll be playing tonight, Willian is a slight doubt too and I'm not sure if I want Mikel & Matic or does Cesc drop in next to either of them.

My team would be, even though I've a different one on Twitter :o

Tbo
    Ivan Zouma JT Azp
    Matic Mikel
    Oscar Cesc Hazard
    Costa

Thats if Willian is out, if not, drop MAtic and throw Cesc into CM and Oscar to #10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Simeone would be my first choice but I don't see him leaving, he is revered at Atletico.

I wonder will Atleti look towards Costa in the summer?

Theyve just made some money on Martinez so ya never know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

If there is any risk regarding Willian leave him on the bench tonight unless desperately needed. Must admit I was very surprised when he came on against MK Dons we were 5-1 up what was he brought on for, could have subbed TBo for Begovic to give him a run or done his normal less than 3 subs?

The City Cup game is after the first leg with PSG sot that will be a good few matches to test our mettle United, PSG, City and Saints in quick succession.

If there is any risk regarding Willian leave him on the bench tonight unless desperately needed. Must admit I was very surprised when he came on against MK Dons we were 5-1 up what was he brought on for, could have subbed TBo for Begovic to give him a run or done his normal less than 3 subs?

The City Cup game is after the first leg with PSG sot that will be a good few matches to test our mettle United, PSG, City and Saints in quick succession.

That City game will probably see vast changes for both sides as we both try and push in in the Champs League.

Full squad list until the end of the season including numbers

1. Asmir Begovic
    2. Branislav Ivanovic
    4. Cesc Fabregas
    8. Oscar
    9. Falcao
    10. Eden Hazard
    11. Pato
    12. John Mikel Obi
    13. Thibaut Courtois
    17. Pedro
    18. Loic Remy
    19. Diego Costa
    21. Nemanja Matic
    22. Willian
    24. Gary Cahill
    26. John Terry
    27. Jamal Blackman
    28. Cesar Azpilicueta
    32. Marco Amelia

Under-21 players

5. Kurt Zouma
    6. Baba Rahman
    14. Bertrand Traore
    16. Kenedy
    20. Matt Miazga
    33. Mitchell Beeney
    34. Ola Aina
    36. Ruben Loftus-Cheek
    40. Bradley Collins

PSG ticket details
    Thursday 4 February until 10.30am: Members with 30 loyalty points or more can buy one ticket per person.

Thursday 4 February from 11am to 2.30pm: Members with 25 loyalty points or more can buy one ticket per person.

Thursday 4 February from 3pm: Members with 20 loyalty points or more can buy one ticket per person.

Then from 7am to 5pm on Friday 5 February, tickets will be sold on a loyalty point basis to members. The number of loyalty points required for each of the three ticket-selling windows (7am-10.30am, 11am-2.30pm and 3pm-5pm) on this day will be announced on this website no later than 6pm on Thursday 4 February.

I'm confiednt about tonight anyway, although the last time I said that about facing Watford we end up drawing 2-2. :o

Roll on the away win, 2-0 Chelsea I reckon.

• Advertisement

I'm confiednt about tonight anyway, although the last time I said that about facing Watford we end up drawing 2-2. :o

Roll on the away win, 2-0 Chelsea I reckon.

It never occured to me but we've left Falcao out of our UCL squad and included Pato. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

GavRedKing wrote: »
    It never occured to me but we've left Falcao out of our UCL squad and included Pato. :o

Is that for the rest of the season or just the PSG tie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

interesting. Looks like he won't be getting much time under hiddink then. Presume pato won't be playing today? 10 min cameo at best possibly.

Team Vs Watford:

#Chelsea: Courtois; Ivanovic, Zouma, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Mikel, Matic; Willian, Fabregas, Oscar; Diego Costa #EPL

subs #Chelsea: Begovic, Cahill, Baba Rahman, Loftus-Cheek, Kenedy, Traore, Hazard. #CFC

Chelsea team

Tbo
    Ivan Zouma JT Azp
    Mikel Matic
    Willian Cesc Osacr
    Costa

Begovic
    Cahill Rahman
    RLC
    Kenedy TRaore Hazard

Chelsea team

Tbo
    Ivan Zouma JT Azp
    Mikel Matic
    Willian Cesc Osacr
    Costa

Begovic
    Cahill Rahman
    RLC
    Kenedy TRaore Hazard

Would love a costa hattrick in this. clean sheet please and a cameo from Kennedy

Matic and Mikel are passengers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Can someone tell Trevor Francis Oscar was playing on the wing when he scored his hatrick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Lukker- wrote: »
    Matic and Mikel are passengers.

Such lightweights at times, especially mikel. Really need a rocket up them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Need a strong 2nd half if we want 3 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Costa up to his antics again, however his yellow card was for nothing.
    Watford playing by far the better football, hope the second half is a bit better.

Oscar is our best player atm

We need hazard on and Rlc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

What channel is this on ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

Its beyond me how Guus hasnt made a change yet :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Can see Chelsea sneak a 1-0 win here off Hazard once he gets on the pitch.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Can see Chelsea sneak a 1-0 win here off Hazard once he gets on the pitch.

hes on now. hope you're right!

• Advertisement

What channel is this on ?

Bt sport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

hes on now. hope you're right!

I don't :pac:

GASH

Hazard should have started.

Come on lads, hold on for another point in the battle against relegation .

what a joke

Pathetic.

• Advertisement

Desperate stuff, really is a bad time to be a Chelsea fan - the club's finished .

and next year with Pep here !!!

HA !!!

Ill start watching Rugby

Gave Watford too much credit starting Mikel and Matic. Gomes made some cracking saves but why can't we just take the handbrake off? Guus got it wrong tonight.

DUP POST !!!!

But ill say it again anyway ...

Chelsea Suck..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Pants

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Still to win back to back league games this season - the defending champions. Shocking. At least we don't look like loosing any longer. When I see Hazard, Costa, Willian etc being outplayed against the likes of the unknowns/journeymen that Watford have I can't fathom it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Desperate stuff, really is a bad time to be a Chelsea fan - the club's finished .

and next year with Pep here !!!

HA !!!

Ill start watching Rugby

It must be awful for Chelsea fans alright.I mean going 9 months without winning any major trophies how can their fans put up with this constant underachievement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

We were in the ascendancy and still Guus left it way too late to being Haz on and then made no other substitutions, did he nor notice that he had 2 left!
    Scared of losing.

Lukker - playing with the handbrake on - nail on head.

Guus and ive said it already, is a spoofer.

Why make 1 sub and why wait until 25mins left to bring on Hazard? He should have changed well before he bloody did.

Matic and mikel have to both kindly f**k off too. Playing 2 CDMs is pointless and super , super negative. When youre trying win games ya cant have both on. Starting with them both in games when were playing teams on a similar level to how were currently playing its a joke to have them both on the pitch.

I expect another draw now on sunday, if we're lucky.

I don't think he's a spoofer, Jose has played 2 CDM's countless times, against worse teams. His record with us speaks for itself and we have without a doubt improved since Jose left. Guus for whatever reason just doesn't want to lose or trust the team enough to play with 1 CDM.

Guus and ive said it already, is a spoofer.

Why make 1 sub and why wait until 25mins left to bring on Hazard? He should have changed well before he bloody did.

Matic and mikel have to both kindly f**k off too. Playing 2 CDMs is pointless and super , super negative. When youre trying win games ya cant have both on. Starting with them both in games when were playing teams on a similar level to how were currently playing its a joke to have them both on the pitch.

I expect another draw now on sunday, if we're lucky.

We'll win Sunday. No doubt about it.

It must be awful for Chelsea fans alright.I mean going 9 months without winning any major trophies how can their fans put up with this constant underachievement.

Come on, it's a deeper problem then that..

This is the next Leeds united we are witnessing .. no offense to Leeds fans*

*You´re no where near as bad as Chelsea .. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

Come on, it's a deeper problem then that..

This is the next Leeds united we are witnessing .. no offense to Leeds fans*

*You´re no where near as bad as Chelsea .. :P

Hey now, don't say things you can't take back!

Lukker- wrote: »
    I don't think he's a spoofer, Jose has played 2 CDM's countless times, against worse teams. His record with us speaks for itself and we have without a doubt improved since Jose left. Guus for whatever reason just doesn't want to lose or trust the team enough to play with 1 CDM.

We cant win for diamonds. Draws against WBA watford x 2 everton . Hes only won what 2 league games?

Hes far too out of touch and the fact hes even playing mikel is a disgrace.

We cant win for diamonds. Draws against WBA watford x 2 everton . Hes only won what 2 league games?

Hes far too out of touch and the fact hes even playing mikel is a disgrace.

I'd have Mikel ahead of Matic by a country mile this season.

We need to play one CDM at least, the defense is too weak to play with none. We only have the 2 in the squad.

We've only won 2 but nearly every single player is performing at a higher level, I don't think you can doubt that.

We couldn't win under Jose either, at least we are not losing.

Jose would've needed about £300m to rebuild that team from the ground up, which isn't going to happen.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement