Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

F*ck sake, I'm getting tired of this now.

Unless he's keeping him fresh for the CL, I don't see the point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

Lukker- wrote: »
    F*ck sake, I'm getting tired of this now.

Unless he's keeping him fresh for the CL, I don't see the point.

The Mikel Matic pairing does not work, Oscar is useless on the left and Cesc is much better at controlling a game when paired beside a CDM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

What's this retard of a manager playing at. Hazard should be playing instead if Mikel or matic

Sick of this **** now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Beginning to look like Eden's future is less than certain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

We are going to lose this, can't string a pass together.

• Advertisement

Embarrassing start.

Looks like Willian is on his own out there, story of our season.

Oscar would do your head in, strolling around like he doesn't give a ****.

Hazard for Oscar asap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

This is abysmal.

• Advertisement

9 corners against us. This is beyond a joke!

Better from us now.

Oscar is the most likely to score imo. He is also very good at tracking back

Matic playing well

Hazard on ffs

Doesn't look good for zouma

In serious pain :(

There you go Cahill. That's your game time sorted for the rest of the season.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Be shocked if that isn't his season finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

That's our season over anyways.

Zouma our only good defender this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Lukker- wrote: »
    That's our season over anyways.

Zouma our only good defender this season.

Pile all the chips on PSG, and when we exit the UCL on the FA Cup.

EPL midtable beckons. Once we've secured EPL survival, play out the rest of the season with those we want to hang onto next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

In fairness to Guus he hasn't lost (or looked like loosing) a game in 9 or whatever - Jose lost 9 in 17 (I think). That's a vast improvement.
    3 more wins and a draw and we are safe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Give Terry a contract, you Fuccks!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

duploelabs wrote: »
    I would never compare our form this year on the pedigree of seasons before. How many teams have not won at the bridge until this season?

ahem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Garzorico wrote: »
    In fairness to Guus he hasn't lost (or looked like loosing) a game in 9 or whatever - Jose lost 9 in 17 (I think). That's a vast improvement.

Guus unbeaten record is embarassing though. Hes got now 4 home draws in a row and weve only 2 in 9 lesgue games under him I think.

2 late goals from JT and Costa have kept in tact his record and TBH i dont we're much better off since Jose was sacked.

This team isnt just a shadow of itself it looks like a bunch of imposterd in the kits. Costa since Jose has been sacked has been our best player the rest have been useless.

Cesc is improving willian has gone serious off the boil and looks like the player that we had for 2 seasons with no end product.

Guus subs still annoy the s**t out of me. The game needed a direct runner from wide that isnt afraid to take people on, kenedy was the answer yet he threw on pedro who was absolute muck, i dont think he beat a man once.

As soon as we get a few wins and were safe ill be happy but at this rate it will be 2 wins and probably 11 draws until the end of the season.

Weve newcastle next week and if we cant bate them at home the players might aswell go on sunmer holidays now.

Theres more fight and desire but were still pretty s**t and if I see Mikel, Matic and Oscar starting the nect few games Im going to smash the tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

You might as well start looking up the specs for a new telly so Gav!:pac:

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Cesc is improving willian has gone serious off the boil and looks like the player that we had for 2 seasons with no end product.

Willian's deliveries into the box were criminal today!

Zouma left on crutches today after the match so hopefully its not as bad as first feared.

• GavRedKing wrote: »
    Zouma left on crutches today after the match so hopefully its not as bad as first feared.

Wouldnt wish it on anyone. Horrible how he fell. Hopefully he makes a quick recovery. It's all over twitter and hard to watch

I seriously think you're underestimating the job that needed to be done with this team Gav, I'm as frustrated as you with the results and when I seen the selection today I was really disappointed but on reflection I think given the fact that a top 4 finish is off the agenda I think stability is the first requirement of the new manager. Ok we've had too many soft draws for my liking but no matter what you think it is an improvement.
    You also have to harbour the belief that the squad are eyeing up winning the champions league as a priority for the remainder of the season however unlikely it may be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Garzorico wrote: »

That really isn't an improvement... 3 draws is 1 win and a loss. Thank God he's gone at the end of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

hots wrote: »
    That really isn't an improvement... 3 draws is 1 win and a loss. Thank God he's gone at the end of the year.

Or 1 win and 2 losses even, you get the picture...

hots wrote: »
    Or 1 win and 2 losses even, you get the picture...

So you seriously expect guus to turn around the armosphere in a couple of weeks?
    I fully agree that he's a little too conservative but whatever you say Jose really fûcked the dressing room up. People here were talking about Jose selling KDB and Lukaku but the first thing he did when he came in was sell Mata ffs, our fans favourite two time player of the year, in fact news of his dislike of Mata surfaced before he even arrived and then as Mata calmed no matter how hard he tried he was given the cold shoulder.
    We all got behind him with blind faith and it has carried us trough to this point in the season where we are literally fûcked, in fact the only thing I'm pisśed off with is the timing, they should of either sacked him early in the season or kept him and given him the opportunity to fix it. Instead they got caught in this PR bullshît where they wanted to be seen as a club that stand behind there manager.
    All in all we are where are but to think there isn't improvement is too simple, OK the points return is not much better but individual player performances have improved immensely, Costa must be the most effective striker in the league right now Fabrigas is starting to show signs of his old self, Matic seems to actually be able to make a tackle even hazard and Ivan look like they actually give a shît.
    When was the last time you seen such collective joy from our team after we beat MK Dons?
    Man Utd are welcome to Jose as far as I'm concerned ( can we have Mata back?)

Thats my point with Joses sacking, it should have been sacked earlier or backed in the summer, something he deserved.

The season is over. We could and probably will be out of the UCL and FA cup within 5days of each other and then the season is done and dusted as anything above 8th is out of the question.

Im glad guus steadied the ship but hes brought us nowhere I wouldnt have expected Jose to have. 4 home draws in a row under him, our last win was against sunderland and Holland was in charge.

We were behind against every team too and had to comeback from being behind in those 4 home games.

I aslo dont think this squad is anywhere near the UCL winning standard, it would take a bigger miracle than 2012 to win it from here.

We got the worst possible draw 2 years in a row and weve got psg for the last 3 years in row.

If they cant beat the like of watford home and away within a few weeks, theyve no chance against PSG.

I don't think this squad has what it takes either to win the champions league and it sure as hell doesn't have the same desire but we can't forget that this team was widely regarded as the best starting 11 for the most part of last season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Well I am taking two positives out of the weekend

1 We are a point closer to safety, 10 more should do it and as there are 13 games I think that should give us 13 points
    2 We are a week closer to this season finishing

The whole JT situation is curious though, listening to Alan Smith on Sky and he mentioned something that has been going through my mind. By and large JT has been playing more than well enough to get a one year extension, but has the new manager been selected already and he does not want JT. Time will tell but I do hope that does not mean it is another ex Chelsea and RM manager even if it was only an interim Chelsea contract (actually so was RM when you think about it :pac:).

By and large JT has been playing more than well enough to get a one year extension, but has the new manager been selected already and he does not want JT.

IMO no manager in their right mind would come into a team in the state we are in and sack JT. They need to get the players/fans on their side and sacking JT would do them no favours.

redman85 wrote: »
    IMO no manager in their right mind would come into a team in the state we are in and sack JT. They need to get the players/fans on their side and sacking JT would do them no favours.

You would have thought so but ca only think of two reasons that is one and some sort of Jose backing backlash being the other.

Speaking of great decisions young Charly Musonda made his Betis debut this weekend and looked very good helping in the winning goal and drawing a red from late on from quite perplexed defenders, video goes on a bit but even from this you could see he could have played a part for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

You would have thought so but ca only think of two reasons that is one and some sort of Jose backing backlash being the other.

Speaking of great decisions young Charly Musonda made his Betis debut this weekend and looked very good helping in the winning goal and drawing a red from late on from quite perplexed defenders, video goes on a bit but even from this you could see he could have played a part for us.

had a cracking game , also christeson scoring twice in a MOTM performance against werder breman

Well I am taking two positives out of the weekend

1 We are a point closer to safety, 10 more should do it and as there are 13 games I think that should give us 13 points
    2 We are a week closer to this season finishing

The whole JT situation is curious though, listening to Alan Smith on Sky and he mentioned something that has been going through my mind. By and large JT has been playing more than well enough to get a one year extension, but has the new manager been selected already and he does not want JT. Time will tell but I do hope that does not mean it is another ex Chelsea and RM manager even if it was only an interim Chelsea contract (actually so was RM when you think about it :pac:).

My thoughts on the JT situation is the same as when it was first announced by JT, its the club basically taking out Joses biggest supporter at the club and I can imagine when Jose told the squad he was leaving again, JT kicked up a serious fuss about it, killing any chance of a contract renewal which IMO is a disgrace by the club.

If anyone has earned the right too 1 year contracts until he decides he wants to hang up the boots its JT. Although I felt the same about Frank but he was turfed out too. It was Jose who apprently wanted Lamps to get a new deal for when he took over and Lamps signed an extension very late on in the season.

• Advertisement

Guus first 8 league games, 2 wins, 8 draws, 12 pts, including 4 consecutive draws at home.

IMO, thats nowhere near good enough, its better than Joses last 8 games which seen him pick up 7pts.

I didnt count the Sunderland game as it was Steve Holland in charge.

Its a very worrying trend thats emerging, we cant win back to back games and we cant win home games, Guus 4 home games were against sides where I'd expect us to win being honest, a late dra against WBA, a missed penalty against Watford and 20mins to win the game after going 2-2. Took a last minute offside equaliser to draw against Everton after going 2 down and again, a late equaliser and some GK heroics from De Gea stopped us beating Utd.

I shudder to think where we'd be if we hadnt picked up the 2 wins in very unlikely places. Of course its not all Guus fault, the players still look like a pale shadow of their former selves so roll on the summer.

My thoughts on the JT situation is the same as when it was first announced by JT, its the club basically taking out Joses biggest supporter at the club and I can imagine when Jose told the squad he was leaving again, JT kicked up a serious fuss about it, killing any chance of a contract renewal which IMO is a disgrace by the club.

If anyone has earned the right too 1 year contracts until he decides he wants to hang up the boots its JT. Although I felt the same about Frank but he was turfed out too. It was Jose who apprently wanted Lamps to get a new deal for when he took over and Lamps signed an extension very late on in the season.

That is always possible but do you not think Jose would have counselled JT against that course of action as no good could possibly come from it. It would not get Jose his job back and it could only damage JT's standing in the club logically it would be totally ineffective.

Of course JT could just have seen a director at Cobham and let loose off the cuff. But most top flight managers are very focused determined people and there is some logic to think that JT is way too closely aligned with the two Jose regimes, more so than any other player currently at the club. Maybe they tink I have to start clean - I wouldn't do it but one at least in the past has.

Guus first 8 league games, 2 wins, 8 draws, 12 pts, including 4 consecutive draws at home.

IMO, thats nowhere near good enough, its better than Joses last 8 games which seen him pick up 7pts.

I didnt count the Sunderland game as it was Steve Holland in charge.

Its a very worrying trend thats emerging, we cant win back to back games and we cant win home games, Guus 4 home games were against sides where I'd expect us to win being honest, a late dra against WBA, a missed penalty against Watford and 20mins to win the game after going 2-2. Took a last minute offside equaliser to draw against Everton after going 2 down and again, a late equaliser and some GK heroics from De Gea stopped us beating Utd.

I shudder to think where we'd be if we hadnt picked up the 2 wins in very unlikely places. Of course its not all Guus fault, the players still look like a pale shadow of their former selves so roll on the summer.

Personally would show many of the players the door over the summer they have let everyone down this year without exception.
    Guus is being way too cautious trying not to lose games it seems rather than trying to win them, playing with two defensive midfielders at Watford and at home to United is pathetic. More as Matic has shown absolutely no form at all.

I really don't know what to make of the goings on down Chelsea way, we continue with exactly the same players and tactics we used with Jose and these enacted by a manager who is nowhere near as tactically astute as Jose.

Depressing really roll on season end put us out of our misery for a few months at least.

That is always possible but do you not think Jose would have counselled JT against that course of action as no good could possibly come from it. It would not get Jose his job back and it could only damage JT's standing in the club logically it would be totally ineffective.

Of course JT could just have seen a director at Cobham and let loose off the cuff. But most top flight managers are very focused determined people and there is some logic to think that JT is way too closely aligned with the two Jose regimes, more so than any other player currently at the club. Maybe they tink I have to start clean - I wouldn't do it but one at least in the past has.

I think when you care enough about something or someone, regardless of whats best for you, you can have an out burst easily enough. Was it to Marina, Bruce, Christian, Emenalo or Roman, who knows but whoever sacked Jose on the day or the following days would have heard from JT and it was probably to relay that not the entire dressing room was lost and that they were making a grave decision, although it could have been a lot more passionate and colorful than that, just guessing though.

Anyone in their right mind can see sacking Jose was one of the stupidest things the club could have done at that satge of the season, we've gone nowhere since the sacking, we've not been beaten ourselves but we dont look like beating other teams either.

I agree the club does need a clean slatew but when everyone says the club is lacking leaders this year and the drive, you dont let your captain go. This isnt a 40 year old playing 10games a year, JT is still in incredible shape and takes care of himself. Hes still able for 40/50 games a year if the new manager wants to use him as such.

I'm actually dreading the fact that Zouma could have a season ending injury, Cahill is nowhere near good enough to do a job and the fact he'll be next to Ivan and behind Mikel will leave us woefully exposed on the left hand side of the pitch, any manager or scout will look at that area between those 3 players and think they'll get serious joy with the lack of pace. Di Maria or Lucas will tear us a new one for PSG.

Yea you always hoped Dave, Happy, JT and TBo would hold things together to some degree but with Cahill and Ivan there we could be seriously embarrassed by PSG. If we get another defensive injury where do we go we are now in a position we have the sum total of one defensive substitute and he has hardly played this season.

I hope our new American friend can hit the ground running he may have to but for a team that considers themselves to be one of the top teams in Europe this is micky mouse stuff.

If it did happen that someone got the sharp end of JT's tongue I do hope it was Emenalo

Yea you always hoped Dave, Happy, JT and TBo would hold things together to some degree but with Cahill and Ivan there we could be seriously embarrassed by PSG. If we get another defensive injury where do we go we are now in a position we have the sum total of one defensive substitute and he has hardly played this season.

I hope our new American friend can hit the ground running he may have to but for a team that considers themselves to be one of the top teams in Europe this is micky mouse stuff.

If it did happen that someone got the sharp end of JT's tongue I do hope it was Emenalo

Personally would show many of the players the door over the summer they have let everyone down this year without exception.
    Guus is being way too cautious trying not to lose games it seems rather than trying to win them, playing with two defensive midfielders at Watford and at home to United is pathetic. More as Matic has shown absolutely no form at all.

I really don't know what to make of the goings on down Chelsea way, we continue with exactly the same players and tactics we used with Jose and these enacted by a manager who is nowhere near as tactically astute as Jose.

Depressing really roll on season end put us out of our misery for a few months at least.

Matic has look like a serious bluffer this year, for about 18months he looked like one of the best CDM in the world and this year he looks like a fella thats come up from the Sunday league and thrown into the lions den.

I do agree though on the 2 CDMs, it makes no sense and its not like either of them are doing a good job, in those 4 games we've left in a total of 8 goals so Guus has to drop one of them and throw Cesc into CM.

If oscar could please go away too that would be a good start, take Pedro with ya also.

Obi has been far better than Matic. Against Newcastle who we should be beating easily at home why not have Obi (who is going to play regardless) and RLC in centre midfield it simply has to be better and RLC will bring a bit of urgency to the position.

I do not buy this RLC is too lazy not astute enough whatever at the minute - he has not been given a chance in that position and I reckon he would be perfect.

I am sure Gladbach do want a permanent deal for Christensen

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/2803452/monchengladbach-want-permanent-deal-for-andreas-christensen

Just as I am sure we are stupid enough to let them have him

Obi has been far better than Matic. Against Newcastle who we should be beating easily at home why not have Obi (who is going to play regardless) and RLC in centre midfield it simply has to be better and RLC will bring a bit of urgency to the position.

I do not buy this RLC is too lazy not astute enough whatever at the minute - he has not been given a chance in that position and I reckon he would be perfect.

WEll we reckoned Ivan had dirt on someone to be getting game time, I'm now fully convinced that Mikel is a son of Guus. I'd play RLC too but it would be at # 10 and drop Cesc further, push RLc onto Shelvey who was starting alot of Newcastle attacks from deep in their last game and operate as an advanced 3. I dont think Guus has the balls to do it though. I do however feel that if he doesnt start Hazard, who must be surely fully up to speed and not injured at this stage, hes making a seriously stupid call.
    I am sure Gladbach do want a permanent deal for Christensen

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/2803452/monchengladbach-want-permanent-deal-for-andreas-christensen

Just as I am sure we are stupid enough to let them have him

Would probably be a dreaded buy back option, like we done with Thorgan Hazard.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement