Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

I am sure Gladbach do want a permanent deal for Christensen

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/2803452/monchengladbach-want-permanent-deal-for-andreas-christensen

Just as I am sure we are stupid enough to let them have him

his loan deal is for 2 seasons so i doubt the intention is to sell him

looking at allegri's record , its very impressive

3 italian titles, lead juve to the CL final and this season juve are second and on a 10 match winning streak

3 italian titles, lead juve to the CL final and this season juve are second and on a 10 match winning streak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

peteeeed wrote: »
    his loan deal is for 2 seasons so i doubt the intention is to sell him

Ya, the flip side to that though is he wont come back unless hes given assurance abou this game time. Which makes leaving JT go even more baffling. WE've Kalas coming back in the summer so is there a point in trying to chase Stones all summer to see him end up at City while we've also lost JT? I'd leave Christensen where he is, give JT an extension, leave Stones feck off to wherever he wants to go and go forward with Christensen and Zouma in the long term.

Ya, Allegri has done a great job at Juventus but its in a largely poor league with little competition, the Juventus side is very good though and the run theyre on is scary. Think Cuadrado started the run with a last minute winner against Torino back before XMas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Conte built that team too, he took them up from the second division and won 3 titles in a row.

I would appoint Allegri if it was to make a few big signings and course correct the team, if we were rebuilding I'd bring in Conte and let him choose who he wants as DoF.

The short list is supposedly down to 4 and this would be my preference:

Diego Simeone (would love, don't think he'll leave)
    Conte (contract up with Italy, I think he's the favourite personally)
    Allegri (still has a contract with Juve and may stay if they strenghten)
    Sampaoli (released from his contract by Chile, good manager but I don't think his helter skelter style will suit the EPL)

Lukker- wrote: »
    Conte built that team too, he took them up from the second division and won 3 titles in a row.

I would appoint Allegri if it was to make a few big signings and course correct the team, if we were rebuilding I'd bring in Conte and let him choose who he wants as DoF.

The short list is supposedly down to 4 and this would be my preference:

Diego Simeone (would love, don't think he'll leave)
    Conte (contract up with Italy, I think he's the favourite personally)
    Allegri (still has a contract with Juve and may stay if they strenghten)
    Sampaoli (released from his contract by Chile, good manager but I don't think his helter skelter style will suit the EPL)

I'd be surprised if Sampoli is anyhting other than a last resort if the other 3 dont fancy it. I'd love Simeone too but its probably going to be Conte, he'll be very likely free after the Euros too.

Hoping for some good news on Zouma today but I don't think it's likely.

His knee was so hyper-extended that straight away it screamed ACL tear.

Strained ligaments are best case scenario for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

It would be a posterior rather than an anterior with a hyperextension such as his, have personally done my anterior and it ain't no picnic

Ya, his reaction told it all. Sky showed the replay once and that was enough. He was up way too early for the ball but the landing was horrible.

On the other hand Luiz, Matuidi and Verratti are all doubts for PSG for the 1st leg. If all 3 miss out it would be a blessing for us.

• Advertisement

Also forgot Matic is banned for the first leg against PSG.

Mikel is the only fit CDM. Interesting to see who plays there.

I'd like to see RLC there but it's a slim enough chance away from home in such a big game.

Fabregas is most likely but Guus hasn't really favoured him there in the big games.

Willian or Oscar could probably do a job or Dave has played there once before, would mean Rahman at LB.

We seriously lack pace and urgency in defense and centre midfield this season.

Also forgot Matic is banned for the first leg against PSG.

Mikel is the only fit CDM. Interesting to see who plays there.

I'd like to see RLC there but it's a slim enough chance away from home in such a big game.

Fabregas is most likely but Guus hasn't really favoured him there in the big games.

Willian or Oscar could probably do a job or Dave has played there once before, would mean Rahman at LB.

We seriously lack pace and urgency in defense and centre midfield this season.

I would have said Zouma to do a destroying job but that plan is out the window, I taught Ramires was nailed on for it too but hes been sold. The most viable options would be cesc or RLC. I love RLC but asking and expecting him to do a job away to PSG is a very tough ask, it could be the making of him but if it was my job I'd be playing Cesc next to Mikel and tellig Oscar from the #10 role, drop in whenever we didnt have the ball, leave Willian and Hazard to support Costa on the counter who should be able to hold up the ball well enough. Dont think he'd have the pace to troube Silva, Luiz or Marquinhos.

Although we've also got potentially an ace in the hole in Pato but at this rate his debut mught come in March.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I would have said Zouma to do a destroying job but that plan is out the window, I taught Ramires was nailed on for it too but hes been sold. The most viable options would be cesc or RLC. I love RLC but asking and expecting him to do a job away to PSG is a very tough ask, it could be the making of him but if it was my job I'd be playing Cesc next to Mikel and tellig Oscar from the #10 role, drop in whenever we didnt have the ball, leave Willian and Hazard to support Costa on the counter who should be able to hold up the ball well enough. Dont think he'd have the pace to troube Silva, Luiz or Marquinhos.

Although we've also got potentially an ace in the hole in Pato but at this rate his debut mught come in March.

I'd agree with all that. As far as the back line goes, I think we really need some pace. I'd be for dropping Ivan for the game and playing Rahman but there is no chance of that happening. I think this back line is gonna be very exposed and if we let PSG run at any of Terry, Cahill or Ivanovic we're gonna get punished. Willian is gonna have his work cut out for him covering.

Too soon for Pato, if we can get him match fit before the return leg I'd be happy enough.

I'd agree with all that. As far as the back line goes, I think we really need some pace. I'd be for dropping Ivan for the game and playing Rahman but there is no chance of that happening. I think this back line is gonna be very exposed and if we let PSG run at any of Terry, Cahill or Ivanovic we're gonna get punished. Willian is gonna have his work cut out for him covering.

Too soon for Pato, if we can get him match fit before the return leg I'd be happy enough.

I reckon and I'm hopeful he'll probably feature in some capacity before the return leg which is nearly exactly a month away and I'd love for him to start a game too.

Kenedy is getting no game time at all and its a bit annoying, I think he would have been a better option than Pedro yesterday and probably better than Hazard too, it was all very pedestrian from us, we had about 90% of the ball for the final 15 mins but thats down to Utd digging in, I think we needed someone a bit more dynamic and willing to take a risk, it was all very nice one touch passing and recycling the ball but Hazard wasnt committing Utd players and Pedro I dont think beat the FB or first man when he came up.

Its all food for taught though but I think our squad players are being under used and the mistakes Jose made of not changing the dross or bringing on the wrong players seem to be the same mistakes Guus is making. Now,the players could all be like Messi in training but some of them arent carrying that form forward to the most important part of the week, game day. Something has to change and given the season is a write off other than the two cups, I'd be happy enough to see more rotation and the bench given a chance to see what they can do.

Newcastle have been a bit of a bogey team for us in recent years, them and Sunderland actually. :o

They had a good win at the weekend and were a lot more comfortable than the score line suggested.

I'm hoping Guus can finally win a home game anyway, theyre by far the easiest opponent hes faced since taking over but I wouldnt be surprised to see us make a dogs dinner of picking up 3pts at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

Zouma just tweeted this
    Scan today has shown I injured my ACL. I will have surgery this week & will come back stronger. Thank you everyone for all the messages

edit:
    Kurt will undergo surgery in the next 48 hours and is expected to be out for approximately six months.

• Advertisement

6 months?

FFS. :mad:

Get well soon Zouma, we might see ya sometime around the start of the new season if we're lucky.

Given Zouma has rupturted has ACL, what are the chances that his best attribute, his apce, is going to be seriously effected now. :(

Last year we got away with a lot of injuries, this year Remy and Falcao have been crocked, Falcao more so, hasnt kicked a ball since October.

Hazard has been in and out for niggling injuries, Courtois was out for over 3months and now we've got Zouma out for 6months.

We've been one of the luckier sides with injuries but theyre finally coming our way. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Chelsea star Eden Hazard has reiterated his admiration for Real Madrid coach and childhood hero Zinedine Zidane amid persistent speculation of a summer move to the Bernabeu but insists he feels "very good" at Stamford Bridge.

http://www.espnfc.com/barclays-premier-league/story/2803403/chelsea-star-eden-hazard-would-like-to-be-coached-by-zidane

Thoroughly tired of Hazard's juvenile attitude. He's always been semi-detached, with regular enough statements that he'd be happy to play elsewhere. I have a feeling this guy will get what he wishes for, but will then come up against his limitations, which include character and finishing deficiencies. He could go down in flames at Madrid if he fails to develop to the potential many see in him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

McDave wrote: »
    http://www.espnfc.com/barclays-premier-league/story/2803403/chelsea-star-eden-hazard-would-like-to-be-coached-by-zidane

Thoroughly tired of Hazard's juvenile attitude. He's always been semi-detached, with regular enough statements that he'd be happy to play elsewhere. I have a feeling this guy will get what he wishes for, but will then come up against his limitations, which include character and finishing deficiencies. He could go down in flames at Madrid if he fails to develop to the potential many see in him.

Didn't he have the same rhetoric just before he left Lille?

• Advertisement

Given Zouma has rupturted has ACL, what are the chances that his best attribute, his apce, is going to be seriously effected now. :(

Appalling luck.

He's big up top, which can't have helped the way he came down on the knee. What an absolute pisser for the only young player getting time in the first eleven. And for Chelsea's preparation for next season.

I'm also fearing a potential hockeying in Paris. We'll need massive performances from our remaining experienced players. I'd also like to see it as Hazard's last significant contribution to CFC. Farm him out to the reserves after we go out of the UCL (whenever that is), and protect him from injury before selling him over the summer.

duploelabs wrote: »
    Didn't he have the same rhetoric just before he left Lille?

And not too long into his time with us. It could be just loose lips, but my guess is you actually get what you see with him, i.e. his thoughts reflecting his actual innermost wishes.

TBH, I think he doesn't fancy the EPL. God knows he's been kicked around in his time here. Too many matches. Garbage League Cup fixtures. No winter break. The EPL needs to take a hard look at how it runs its business.

No problem woth players throwing their eyes over at other clubs, as long as we're rewarded heavily for it he can go play anywhere in the world.

No team in England can hold onto talent if Real or Barca come calling.

Cough up more money than they did for Bale and maybe we'll think about selling Hazard. Id also wait until the very last day of the window too, make every party sweat, maybe Madrids famed fax machine has a meltdown like with De Gea last summer.

I'd also go along with the general consensus that we'll be bate out the gate in Paris, as long as the tie is still alive after the first leg I'll be somewhat happy.

If PSG have a few injuries, all the better. Think Real Madrid are the only side to beat them this year in any competition and I watched both games they played and PSG were far better than Real and the score wasnt kind on PSG at all. Theyre hardly a dark horse PSG but I wouldnt be surprised to see them going to the semi finals this year and maybe more.

McDave wrote: »
    And not too long into his time with us. It could be just loose lips, but my guess is you actually get what you see with him, i.e. his thoughts reflecting his actual innermost wishes.

TBH, I think he doesn't fancy the EPL. God knows he's been kicked around in his time here. Too many matches. Garbage League Cup fixtures. No winter break. The EPL needs to take a hard look at how it runs its business.

One thing the really pisses me off is the league cup, we've won it a few times in the last couple of years and its nice to get a trophy but most of the top European leagues have 1 trophy, akin to the FA cup, it does seem like a waste being honest and despite Sky trying to big it up, unless your team is in the final most fans wont give a toss about it.

As I said, good to win it but its hardly top of the list of priorities, that would be to win the EPL, Top 4, Win the fa cup, win the UCL, win the league cup.

In that order for me anyway, in terms of likely hood, for rpestige, the UCL is the premier competition but also the most difficult to win so its low on the list but the one everyone wants to win. It goes to show how important UEFA football is that I'd put coming top 4 ahead of two trophies but thats what its worth.

Just thinking on Zoumas injury, we're now done to 2 senior CBs, a CB converted RB as our options.

If Cahill or JT get injured or suspended we're f**ked even worse than we are now.

Thats with Kalas, Christensen, Hector and Papy D all on loan. :pac:

Maybe Aina will see game time or even make the bench. For the Newcastle game I'd involve him in the squad, at least if we get an injury we can push Ivan to CB, Azp to RB and Rahman to LB and Aina will be kept in reserve.

Looks like Miazaga will get some game time now.

ACL surgery is much better these days, hopefully it doesn't affect his pace. He's young yet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Terrible to hear about Zouma. Hopefully he will come back unaffected next season as he is a serious player.

Azpilicueta and Costa both had ACL surgery and it hasn't seemed to affect their pace too much, hopefully Zouma is the same.

Also 6 months is the bare minimum. He'll most likely be out longer, he's gonna miss pre-season and the start of next season. I reckon it's 8 months+ before he makes an appearance.

No problem woth players throwing their eyes over at other clubs, as long as we're rewarded heavily for it he can go play anywhere in the world.

No team in England can hold onto talent if Real or Barca come calling.

Cough up more money than they did for Bale and maybe we'll think about selling Hazard. Id also wait until the very last day of the window too, make every party sweat, maybe Madrids famed fax machine has a meltdown like with De Gea last summer.

I'd also go along with the general consensus that we'll be bate out the gate in Paris, as long as the tie is still alive after the first leg I'll be somewhat happy.

If PSG have a few injuries, all the better. Think Real Madrid are the only side to beat them this year in any competition and I watched both games they played and PSG were far better than Real and the score wasnt kind on PSG at all. Theyre hardly a dark horse PSG but I wouldnt be surprised to see them going to the semi finals this year and maybe more.

One of the advantages of sending Hazard to the reserves after we exit the UCL would be to keep him fresh and uninjured for the EC. OK, he may lack top match practice, but that won't really be our problem. Hopefully Belgium can stay the course in the Euros and he can shine enough to bump up his value.

• Advertisement

Looks like Miazaga will get some game time now.

ACL surgery is much better these days, hopefully it doesn't affect his pace. He's young yet.

Thats one up shot actually, I forgot about Miazaga, he might even play against City in the FA cup.
    FutureGuy wrote: »
    Terrible to hear about Zouma. Hopefully he will come back unaffected next season as he is a serious player.

Ya, first thing I taught about when I seen it, given the opposition, was Shaw and his horror injury. Both are lucky theyve youth on their side. I'm gutted hes going to miss the Euros too as he would have been good cover for Varane and Kos.
    Azpilicueta and Costa both had ACL surgery and it hasn't seemed to affect their pace too much, hopefully Zouma is the same.

Ya, at least its happened when hes young and hopefully wont stunt his progression to 1st team leader within the next year or two.
    Also 6 months is the bare minimum. He'll most likely be out longer, he's gonna miss pre-season and the start of next season. I reckon it's 8 months+ before he makes an appearance.

Without a doubt, I wouldnt expect him back in August, in fairness, nursing him back is our number priority now and hopefully before Xmas he'll be a corner stone of the defence.

Actually, given Zouma is now crocked, is this not the perfect opportunity for JT too get a new deal?

Its bad to say but it could be the best news about Zoumas injury, the board cant go into next seasons with Cahill and Miazaga as the only 1st team CBs.

Surely a new 1 year contract for JT is a must.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Gutted for Zouma. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Musonda Jr absolutely destroyed Valencia on his debut yesteday.

Johner wrote: »
    Musonda Jr absolutely destroyed Valencia on his debut yesteday.

Ya, he seemed to have a good game, played with no fear.

I think we'd see pretty similar results of we started with Kenedy or least made him number 1 sub from the bench and not Pedro.

Clement was sacked by Derby, time to get him in for next year.

Ya can keep your simeone and conte and all those bluffers, Clement is the way forward. ;)

Clement was sacked by Derby, time to get him in for next year.

Ya can keep your simeone and conte and all those bluffers, Clement is the way forward. ;)

Stay off the lighter fluid :)

Stay off the lighter fluid :)

He'd be higher up the list than Moyes, Rodgers, AVB or Rafa....I'd hope anyway. :pac:

I'd bring him back as an assistant if he wanted.

• Advertisement

More talk of Allegri, his former manager Giovanni Galeone said:

“I think Max will go to Chelsea and will do very well"

“For me, he will leave Italy, and I see him going to England because the deal Abramovich has offered is really fantastic.

“As one of the five best coaches in the world, he has to leave Juventus, it makes no sense for him to stay in Italy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

I'd like to see this team v Newcastle.

Courtois
    Azp terry cahil baba
    Matic Rlc
    Willian cesc hazard
    Costa

That's our best team atm imo. Obviously id have zouma in there for cahil. Still have oscar Kennedy and Pedro on the bench aswel

rottie 11 wrote: »
    I'd like to see this team v Newcastle.

Courtois
    Azp terry cahil baba
    Matic Rlc
    Willian cesc hazard
    Costa

That's our best team atm imo. Obviously id have zouma in there for cahil. Still have oscar Kennedy and Pedro on the bench aswel

Think thats close to the team that everyone wants but I cant see him dropping Mikel and Ivan unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Can't see him dropping them either. Ivan is playing a bit better tho tbf , I'd still sell him tho

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Can't see him dropping them either. Ivan is playing a bit better tho tbf , I'd still sell him tho

Its the Mikel/Matic axis of doom that I fear seeing week in week out.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Its the Mikel/Matic axis of doom that I fear seeing week in week out.

:(

I really do not know what Guus sees in that combination, simply it does not work.

• Advertisement

I really do not know what Guus sees in that combination, simply it does not work.

Its worrying, couple that with playing Oscar on the flank with what appears a fully fit Eden Hazard sitting on his hands.

The Matic of old could have done the job of CMs but now he looks like he needs a dig out anytime he comes up against a quick attacking midfielder and well Mikel is just useless.

He played well at Old Trafford but like Oscar, its a rare sight and he'll go back to being pretty ineffective for a period of time.

Mikel is still first choice CDM for me. At least he's not playing with fear, Matic seems unsure of everything he does.

Mikel is still first choice CDM for me. At least he's not playing with fear, Matic seems unsure of everything he does.

He is, but hes not great, Matic is great but hes playing really badly since the start of the season. I'd actually rest Mikel against Newcastle for the very reason that Matic is suspended for the PSG. Last thing we need is for both to be missing the 1st leg, we'd be woefully exposed.

So Matic and RLC for me this weekend with Mikel in reserve.

He is, but hes not great, Matic is great but hes playing really badly since the start of the season. I'd actually rest Mikel against Newcastle for the very reason that Matic is suspended for the PSG. Last thing we need is for both to be missing the 1st leg, we'd be woefully exposed.

So Matic and RLC for me this weekend with Mikel in reserve.

I'd agree, but I think we'll see a similar team in both games bar 1 or 2.

Gus has had limited time with the team so I think he's using games as extra training sessions. Trying to setup the team his own way and get them playing his game. I think that's why we've seen limited number of the youths. After the PSG game whether we are knocked out or qualify I think we'll see much more variation in the line-up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

if allegri joins in the summer presume that means pogba is a cert to join us?? :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement