Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

City apparently want Hazard for 75m.

No problem, come back and double it and we'll talk, cheers Pep.

if allegri joins in the summer presume that means pogba is a cert to join us?? :pac:

Probably not....juve woulsnt sell us a disease if we go after Allegri :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Probably not....juve woulsnt sell us a disease if we go after Allegri :o

they can have oscar. who they've been after since he scored that belter against them in the champions league.

they can have oscar. who they've been after since he scored that belter against them in the champions league.

I think I'd have a heart attack if our midfield next year was Pogba RLC and Cesc :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I think I'd have a heart attack if our midfield next year was Pogba RLC and Cesc :pac:

_OkUwjUq.jpg

Wheres Pogba 2016?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

U-18's win 4-1 at Wimbledon in the FA youth cup

Allegri has ruled himself out anyway, saying he cantconfirm nor deny something that isnt even an option.

Or something to that degree.

Allegri has ruled himself out anyway, saying he cantconfirm nor deny something that isnt even an option.

Telegraph running with the speculation that Christensen will return in the summer, 1 year early from his loan spell.

TBH, I'd prefer that than to splurge 40/50m on Stones or someone of his ilk.

• Advertisement

Telegraph running with the speculation that Christensen will return in the summer, 1 year early from his loan spell.

He's just playing ball

duploelabs wrote: »
    He's just playing ball

Could be, I suppose at the very least he wants to end the speculation considering Juve are in a massive fight for the title and are on one hell of an impressive run.

• GavRedKing wrote: »

Could be in a battle with Utd so going by this mornings rumours.

I don't know though, Me personally I'm not sure he's good enough. He shows flashes of brilliance but alot of the time he just frustrates.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Could be in a battle with Utd so going by this mornings rumours.

I don't know though, Me personally I'm not sure he's good enough. He shows flashes of brilliance but alot of the time he just frustrates.

He'll need a compotent and strong defender next to him, himself and Smalling would be good alright and are more than likely an English national team pairing either in the summer for the Euros or the following WC 2018 campaign. He'd be better off at City or Utd, then at Chelsea going on the current teams CBs.

I'd love to see him next to Zouma too though but having two young CBs like that could be an issue, neither are a natural leader at this early stage of their careers and both to me look like they do need someone like that next to them.

i hope so

peteeeed wrote: »
    i hope so

I suppose its down to the new manager and whos advising him. The scouting team will still be in place and hopefully Steve Holland is kept, a new manager might prefer the short term yet expensive fix of bringing in his own CB than to risk the 19 year old he may not have any clue of.

The best solution for me right now is to give JT a 1 year deal, bring back Christensen to cover Zouma and have 4 CBs ready for the season while Zouma is out.

That will leave us with Cahill, JT, Maizaga and Christensen. Zouma can recover in his own time.

Papay Djiobildi (sp) and Tomas Kalas will be eventually sold probably for a small profit and Michael Hector will never train at Cobham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Whatever about signing Stones, next season we need to sign an experienced CB to replace Terry. I'd be inclined to go for someone like Chilleini if Allegri or Conte was to be our next manager. It'd only be a short term solution but IMO experience trumps potential everyday of the week as a CB and we sign enough players with potential anyways.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Whatever about signing Stones, next season we need to sign an experienced CB to replace Terry. I'd be inclined to go for someone like Chilleini if Allegri or Conte was to be our next manager. It'd only be a short term solution but IMO experience trumps potential everyday of the week as a CB and we sign enough players with potential anyways.

Best course of action would be to keep JT for me. Youre going to find it hard to replace him, even on a short term, 2 or 3 year kind of transfer. If we were raiding Juve for a CB I'd take Bonucci over Chiellini though, hes a few years younger and hes a very good CB too.

• Advertisement

Best course of action would be to keep JT for me. Youre going to find it hard to replace him, even on a short term, 2 or 3 year kind of transfer. If we were raiding Juve for a CB I'd take Bonucci over Chiellini though, hes a few years younger and hes a very good CB too.

He's good but I think Barzagli and Chielini are better. Chielini is the Terry of that defence, he holds it together, others don't look half as good when he's not playing.

Diego Godin would be my dream signing, I'd be willing to spend close to £30m on him. For me he's the best defender in the world now without doubt. He's 29 now but we would get 3-4 years of him at the absolute top.

You can forget your JT, Ferdinand, Suarez or Giggs, after what Johnson has admitting to doing, the others are saints.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Good to see the general consensus of opinion seems to be Chelsea have no interest in appointing Pellegrini as the next interim full time manager. Gut feeling is it will be Conte but Allegri is still a possibility I think - working on the "he had to say he has no interest in the Chelsea job" principle.

Good to see the general consensus of opinion seems to be Chelsea have no interest in appointing Pellegrini as the next interim full time manager. Gut feeling is it will be Conte but Allegri is still a possibility I think - working on the "he had to say he has no interest in the Chelsea job" principle.

Best deny it flat out and get on with your work. Looking at it, Allegri would be my 2nd choice behind Simeone but we may have to settle for Conte.

Simeone has no reason to leave Atletico and does Allegri really want to leave multiple time Italian league winners and Champion league finalists Juventus for at least 1 year of no UCL and probably at best, hoping to finish within the top 4?

The new manager, if the money is spent, will at least have 6 or 7 days between games and that rest is crazy. Look at Pool nearly winning the league and what Leicester are currently doing with a similar schedule.

If the squad is good enough and able to stay in touch, when the other sides are plaing Tue/Wed/Thur you could be on the training ground or recovering.

With the right additions we'll be near enough to the top again next year.

Personally I think Conte is the way to go he's the only one who can match Jose's good looks.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Personally I think Conte is the way to go he's the only one who can match Jose's good looks.

He should be the most gettable.

His contract is up with Italy after the Euros and depending on how they do, he might not get kept on.

As long as we get out ducks lined up early doors and go after the right targets as easrly as possible, we could have a good year next year.

• Advertisement

Read somewhere Conte did not want a contract extension for Italy job wants to get back into club management. Maybe he fancies 18 months in the PL

Read somewhere Conte did not want a contract extension for Italy job wants to get back into club management. Maybe he fancies 18 months in the PL

He'd be lucky to get 8 with us :o

So without any evidence what so ever, the Mail have claimed that Conte wants Pogba at Chelsea, :pac:

Let the clickbait/rumour mill go into overdrive.

So without any evidence what so ever, the Mail have claimed that Conte wants Pogba at Chelsea, :pac:

Let the clickbait/rumour mill go into overdrive.

brown paper bag Gav

Nice article and podcast regarding Michael Emenalo's influence and, perhaps, his part in the downfall of Jose
    http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2016/2/11/10963704/who-is-michael-emenalo-a-look-into-chelseas-technical-director

• Advertisement

Nice article and podcast regarding Michael Emenalo's influence and, perhaps, his part in the downfall of Jose
    http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2016/2/11/10963704/who-is-michael-emenalo-a-look-into-chelseas-technical-director

Harry Redknapp : JT should join West Ham.

oooookkkkkkk

Harry Redknapp : JT should join West Ham.

oooookkkkkkk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

duploelabs wrote: »

Never knew that younger Hazard sold. Ah well too hard to keep up with our 2nd and 3rd squad who are loaned out.

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Never knew that younger Hazard sold. Ah well too hard to keep up with our 2nd and 3rd squad who are loaned out.

Theres an apparent bacck buy clause in the contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Last game of the season for Leicester is at the Bridge. Given the season we have had, Wouldn't it be ironic to see the tinkerman crowned league champion then .
    I'd be very happy to see it happen - Still have a soft spot for the man.

Leicester 3 up at city , incredible Huth with 2 , good on ranieri

Remy should be fit for the weekend, its unlikely that we'll see Pato involved in either London, Paris or the Fa cup game against City next week.

Whats really, really frustrating is that PAto was a supposed Mourinho potential signing but we waited until the last few days if the window to complete the deal, had we got him in the first week of the window he wouldnt be far off being ready.

Remy should be fit for the weekend, its unlikely that we'll see Pato involved in either London, Paris or the Fa cup game against City next week.

Whats really, really frustrating is that PAto was a supposed Mourinho potential signing but we waited until the last few days if the window to complete the deal, had we got him in the first week of the window he wouldnt be far off being ready.

No joined up thinking at all at the bridge these days - stupidity really.

Can only assume they were trying to get other players in and once again failed miserably.

No joined up thinking at all at the bridge these days - stupidity really.

Can only assume they were trying to get other players in and once again failed miserably.

Higuain is the latest that I seen linked....as in he was approached about a move in January but was having none of it.

Still though, I dont see how a target like Pato how was identified a few months before his move, was allowed to join at the end of January. TBF, the guy has kept himself very fit and hes more than ready to play but we seem to be putting a lot into "match ready", for me the best thing for Pato is to play and get minutes.

Hes well able and clearly fit enough to go so stick him on the bench and bring him on, I hope we're 2 up with about 20mins to go tomorrow, at that stage withdraw a winger or Costa and let Pato get some game time, little or no pressure then on the lad.

At this rate he'll be lucky to play 6 + games with us. :pac:

Higuain to Chelsea in the summer is the new lolz to be had.

One can only assume that for that to happen we'd have to lose Costa which is something, I'd rather not want. Yes hes been a serious problem this season but if he wants to stay and keeps performing, why get rid of him.

• Advertisement

I rate Costa higher then Higuain and believe he suites the league better.

We've been linked with Godin too.

Costa is a bit fed up with life in England it seems though, he was vilified in Spain too but at least he was offered protection from refs.

In England he is nearly always automatically the bad guy, refs turn a blind eye to CB's constantly kicking, pulling, barging and just generally on the wind up but refs take no action under the pretense that the English game is a physical one, not whether what the defender was doing was illegal or not.

I rate Costa higher then Higuain and believe he suites the league better.

We've been linked with Godin too.

Costa is a bit fed up with life in England it seems though, he was vilified in Spain too but at least he was offered protection from refs.

In England he is nearly always automatically the bad guy, refs turn a blind eye to CB's constantly kicking, pulling, barging and just generally on the wind up but refs take no action under the pretense that the English game is a physical one, not whether what the defender was doing was illegal or not.

Costas also broke his nose in training but Guus said he should play tomorrow.

Pato needs to be f**ked into the deep end at this rate.

friday fun & games

Chelsea are reportedly eyeing a move for Atletico Madrid defender Diego Godin as a replacement for John Terry if he leaves at the end of the season. (AS)

Chelsea are considering a summer swoop for Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Blaise Matuidi, according to reports in France. (L’Equipe)

Radamel Falcao looks set for a move to the mega-rich Chinese Super League (Daily Mirror)

Chelsea are continuing to chase Paris Saint-Germain centre-back Thiago Silva. (TuttoMercatoWeb)

Winger Pedro hopes to reignite his Chelsea career rather than securing a move away from the reigning Premier League champions. (Evening Standard)

Costas also broke his nose in training but Guus said he should play tomorrow.

Pato needs to be f**ked into the deep end at this rate.

https://twitter.com/ChelseaFC/status/698134557070094336

Guus hinted at mikel being rested.

Guus says he is taking the Newcastle game very seriously but there will be a little change as Matic is suspended on Tuesday. #CFC

Matic and RLC or Cesc at CM i reckon

Best PSG 3-0 in paris and ee can rest players anyway :pac:

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement