Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 6 plus Touch ID problem

• 03-10-2015 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hey all! Last night, my iPhone 6 plus fell on a bricked pavement and the screen shattered into a million pieces! 😔 Thankfully though, I got the screen replaced this morning (and quite expensively - €140), and now that I'm back home, I can't seem to activate my Touch ID. Any ideas on why this is happening or how I can activate my thumb fingerprint again?
    Thanks in Advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Bring it back to whoever replaced the screen.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,747 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

They probably replaced the screen with a normal 6+ screen and not a 6s+ one.

I haven't seen any spurious screens out for the 6s or 6s+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭shanec1928

eeloe wrote: »
    They probably replaced the screen with a normal 6+ screen and not a 6s+ one.

I haven't seen any spurious screens out for the 6s or 6s+

Op says nothing about a 6s + they probably replaced the home button so you no longer have touchid

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Marium786

Is it possible the Touch ID glass is a whole separate piece than the rest of the screen?

My phone is 6 plus, not 6S plus. Surely the 6 plus screen should also have a Touch ID?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

If you're asking how to activate touchID, then all you have to do is to go to settings->touchID&passcode.
    If it's not working and you can't activate it in settings then you need to go back to the "repair" shop as suggested

Yeah, I was hoping to have it sorted without having to go back to the shop (too far away). I reset the phone settings too but that didn't work either. I guess the touchID is just gone. Will try go back to the shop this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

If your TouchID is faulty, it's bad news. Each sensor is coded to work with that particular phone and it's not possible to swap it out for a new one.

Even when the screen smashed though, the TouchID was working. It's only when I got the screen replaced, that it stopped working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Ah, ok...should just be a cable that's not plugged in fully :)

• Advertisement

Okay perfect, I hope this is something the repair guy can fix!!

Advertisement