Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Christmas market

Options
  • 04-10-2015 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

I decided this week to go to the Galway Christmas market for the weekend in November 27-29. It's my first one so has anyone been last year? Looking for info on the whole thing in general and what the prices roughly of things there are and anything else at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,646 ✭✭✭Milly33

Not sure myself but have family up in the area i can ask for you

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭BANNERMAN98

Yes please I'd very much appreciate that

Just asked there so they say it is quite nice but a little small.... Sorry not much more to go with at the moment..But Galway is loverly anywho there is so much to do you cant go wrong... I was told the Waterford one is quite nice too, we went to the Dublin one a few years ago and tis fairly rubbish I wouldn't travel there to go see it

Thank you very much for that. I'm sure I can knock 3 days out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

I have been the last three years and to be honest is tiny and last year was rubbish compared to the year before as I think loads moved to The Dublin on. Last year was sponsored by Lidl and was basically Lidl outside. I could make three hours out of it never mind three days unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

I have been the last two years and to be honest is tiny and last year was rubbish compared to the year before as I think loads moved to The Dublin on. Last year was sponsored by Lidl and was basically Lidl outside. I could make three hours out of it never mind three days unfortunately

Well Galway being what it is, there's tons to see and do there but I'm really looking forward to this and people down here really enjoyed it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Was at it a few years ago. It was a nice afternoon and a nice atmosphere. But my god it was so expensive! We happened to be in Galway that day and walked around it, I certainly wouldn't travel there especially for it!

Do ye have kids.. Ye should pop out to the aliwee cave for Santa if ye do

Sadly I currently have no kids(that I know of)

• Advertisement

Haha me neither and I hate they way they wont let you in without them!! Its not all about the kids

Won't let you in? I've never heard that, for real?

Well if all else fails, I'll see you in Eyre square :):):)

Yeah supposably you have to have kids to go see Santa, even the one here do a winter wonderland but you need kids.. Ill have to borrow one for a few days haha and if not yes I might see you in Galway

Advertisement