Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS9 update - massive decrease in battery life

• 04-10-2015 1:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I have a 4S and updated to iOS9 this week. Since then, the battery life decreases at anaccelerated rate i.e. typing a standard sms will see a drop of 4 or 5% battery. I've looked online to see if there is something I can enable/disable to prevent this, but the main articles I could find referred to the new battery saving functionality.

Has anyone had this issue since the update and been able resolve?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Sounds like a bug. Try an iCloud restore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Go to settings and to Battery and see what app is using the most.
    For me I found that Facebook was eating unto 50% of my battery so disabled background refresh for it and problem solved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭JonMac

My 4S is working fine after the latest update

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

I noticed better battery life if anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Mine was also burning the battery but When I went in settings, the battery adviser told me to improve battery life turn on screen lock, seems my screen was staying on all the time and battery use was massive, now its great

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Advertisement
Advertisement