Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stair gate for weird shaped stairs?

Options
  • 04-10-2015 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Does anyone know where or what time of stair gate to get to fit rounded banisters? We've found it impossible to find one that will fit securely as its not a flat surface its going up against apart from the wall side.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

Coopaloop wrote: »
    Hi,
    Does anyone know where or what time of stair gate to get to fit rounded banisters? We've found it impossible to find one that will fit securely as its not a flat surface its going up against apart from the wall side.
    Thanks in advance.

Try fixing some hard but compressible material between the disc/arm and the banister. Something like 10mm cork or rubber strip should do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Cooploop we can't get a gate on the top of our stairs because it's not flat :( any ones I have tried are not 100% secure for my liking. I put a gate on my son's bedroom and at the bottom of the stairs we have a Lindam one from aldi which is perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭paulc1000

you can buy an adaptor for stair gates I got one in tescos it just goes in where the flat bit is and is for curved banisters

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

paulc1000 wrote: »
    you can buy an adaptor for stair gates I got one in tescos it just goes in where the flat bit is and is for curved banisters

What exactly are those called? Would you have a pic of it? So I know what I'm lookin for.

can't post a pic but they are called y spindle adaptors if you Google they should come up!

• Advertisement

can't post a pic but they are called y spindle adaptors if you Google they should come up!

Deadly,thanks a mill.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,558 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

http://www.tesco.com/direct/babydan-y-spindle-2-pieces/211-6338.prd

no probs just happened to see them by chance one day! I had bits of cardboard on the banister to try keep gates secure but these are brilliant

no probs just happened to see them by chance one day! I had bits of cardboard on the banister to try keep gates secure but these are brilliant

That is exactly what we are looking for, thanks so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I just watched the video on it and I don't think they will fit what I am looking for :( my wooden spindle is fat!
    http://www.littledreamers.ie/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3477

• Advertisement

Millem wrote: »
    I just watched the video on it and I don't think they will fit what I am looking for :( my wooden spindle is fat!
    http://www.littledreamers.ie/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3477

So is mine top and bottom, but the banisters in between the big ones are smaller, so I'll most likely go up a step at bottom and down a step at the top, if that makes sense.

Advertisement