Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Might be pregnant?

Options
  • 04-10-2015 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭

So I've been off the pill a month so we could start trying for a baby. I don't have a clue what my cycles are like because I was irregular before going on the pill but did have ovulation signs last week during the time a "normal" cycle would.

I've been trying not to get my (or my husband's) hopes up because the odds of getting pregnant in the first month are only 20% but then yesterday I had what could be some spotting and cramping. I don't want to tell my husband yet because it would definitely get his hopes up then but I had to tell someone! The waiting before doing a test is so hard!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

The cramps were my first indicator as they were way worse than any period cramps I've ever gotten and my sense of smell was a lot stronger.
    Fingers crossed for you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

Lots of people do report cramping as an early pregnancy sign. For me it's always been VERY sore boobs, very strong sense of smell and heartburn. Hopefully you're right tho..fingers crossed!

Just a word of caution tho, it is your first 'real' period as such after coming off the pill so the cramps could be that too. It's so hard when you're TTC not to symptom spot and drive yourself crazy.

Good luck x

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭New farmers wife

With me I had taken my last pill on a Sunday, the Tuesday I got what I presumed was a withdrawal period or something so thought nothing of it, a few weeks later I was exhausted and the most painful breasts, was on Google and I don't normally pay any attention to Google but pregnant was a common result so got some cheaper tests and some showed positive but got a clear blue and that was a positive so was fairly surprised as we weren't really TTC, presumed it would take a lot longer!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Thanks for the replies! It is so hard not to notice everything that's going on with my body and wonder if it's a sign! All stuff that could have been happening before and I never took any notice. Anyway, it's just a waiting game now. I'm actually looking forward to being back at work tomorrow where I'll be so busy I won't have any time to be wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I got pregnant immediately after coming off of the Pill and I stopped about a week or so into a packet. I knew I was pregnant before I even started wondering about when I'd get a period because my sense of smell went absolutely crazy.

The waiting to test is hard (and here I am saying that as someone who really had little to no wait) so I'll keep my fingers crossed for some baby news from you soon! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement