Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One of my best friends and mentors died yesterday

• 04-10-2015 11:40am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭

And I just cant get my head around it.
    Got the all clear from cancer in July,went for a check up 2 weeks ago and it had spread everywhere.
    He thought me everything I know about the industry Im in,advised me on my career,gave me references when I needed them.
    Supported me in every way that he could.

Now hes gone and Im finding it really hard to cope.

RIP JD.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi JD,

So sorry for your loss. It must have been a terrible shock considering your friend got the all clear during the summer. It is difficult to cope, but don't isolate yourself. Seek solace and comfort in friends as well as others who knew your friend. Be gentle and kind to yourself. When your ready, try reflect on the positive memories you shared.

N

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,085 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

i'm so sorry. sudden/unexpected death is so difficult. remember how good he was to you and in time happy memories will push the sad ones away.
    in the meantime look after yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Apologies Hellrazer, I addressed you as your friend's name. Hope you're doing ok. N

Advertisement