Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last Check before i buy!

Options
  • 04-10-2015 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

I am going to start buying my parts for my pc build and i said ill put it up here for one last time just to make sure i have everything and that everything is compatible.

Motherboard: Asrock H97 Anniversary s.o LGA1150
    CPU: Intel i3 4160 s.o LGA1150
    RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport (two 4GB Sticks)
    GPU: GTX 950
    SSD: Kingston 120GB
    HDD: WD 1TB
    PSU: 430Watt Corsair CX Series.
    Case: CiT Vengance Red
    Optical Drive:ASUS DRW-24F1ST Internal SATA DVD Writer
    Extra Case Fan: Coolermaster sickelflow red 120mm case fan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

All looks ok to me. Only thing I'd say is if you're gonna go windows 10 anyways then windows 7 will be cheaper and still free upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭zxxtonyxxz

See the i want to just go to a shop and buy the operating system to make it easier on me and 8.1 was the lowest i could possibly find but thanks for the suggestion

One thing aswell the monitor i am temporarily usibg has no hdmi port is that an issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

zxxtonyxxz wrote: »
    See the i want to just go to a shop and buy the operating system to make it easier on me and 8.1 was the lowest i could possibly find but thanks for the suggestion

Maybe adverts. Might get a cd of windows for cheaper.

Whats up with the h97 board. The asrock b85 pro has another pci express slot. might be a reason you selected

Antec gx 300 case is around same price maybe do some comparisons, antec make some good cooling performance cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

SSD: Kingston 120GB
    If it's the V300, avoid it. They sold a good version for a short while, piled up the 5-star reviews, then put slower components into it to make money off of fooling consumers.
    One thing aswell the monitor i am temporarily usibg has no hdmi port is that an issue?

What input does it have? If it's VGA you'll need a DVI-I to VGA adapter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

grindle wrote: »
    If it's the V300, avoid it. They sold a good version for a short while, piled up the 5-star reviews, then put slower components into it to make money off of fooling consumers.

I've a v300, do you know a way of checking if I've the old model or new one?

My monitor has a blue port dno what that is if u want a pic i can do for you and also could you extend on the board ur on about?

Also swapped out ssd to an intel one

I've a v300, do you know a way of checking if I've the old model or new one?
    Use Anvil's Utility to test the read/write speeds and IO performance and see how your results match up with the ones on this page.
    It's a great SSD for laptops stuck with SATA2, but pretty sh!tty of them when some professionals were trusting the benchmarks in the first wave of reviews only to find their new drive was 20-60% slower depending on task.
    Still much better than HDD though.
    My monitor has a blue port dno what that is if u want a pic i can do for you and also could you extend on the board ur on about?
    If it looks like
    vga-port.jpg?e9577d
    then you'll need
    901-1420.jpg
    A friend bought one from here recently, delivery was slow but it works.
    If you want it from somewhere else you're looking for a DVI-A Female to VGA Male Adapter.

Cabling4Less DVI to VGA (HD15) Adaptor (M-F)
    What about this from amazon?

• Advertisement

Cabling4Less DVI to VGA (HD15) Adaptor (M-F)
    What about this from amazon?

That's much better. The one I showed would plug into the monitor and you'd need a DVI cable already, this one you plug into the card and can use the VGA cable I presume you already have.
    Stupid on my part, sorry. My dumb brain imagines everybody else has thousands of random yet specific cables laying around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Also swapped out ssd to an intel one

A crucial bx 120gb ssd is cheaper and runs pretty much the same.

Yeah I've the ****ter one :pac: Thanks for the links grindle

Thanks guys adapter and ssd im pretty sure im sorted now

also can this pc run solid works? and i would prefer some asus motherboard so could anyone recommend me one?

It won't be a pro grade Solidworks machine but it'll do for tipping about

and i would prefer some asus motherboard so could anyone recommend me one?

Could you show us the case on a shop's webpage? I have no idea what size it is and searching for it brings up something called the Vantage and nothing else.

Its on amazon its calles the CiT Vengeance in red

Sorry its the CiT Vengeance

Vanquish sorry im tired

• Advertisement

Vanquish sorry im tired
    Just search ASUS H97 ATX on whatever site you're buying from

Advertisement