Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question on FTTH 025 Araglin

Options
  • 04-10-2015 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hello, Im asking could a area be upgraded to some sort of decent broadband. This speed is very slow for today's standers. The speed you can get is 512kb/s MAX! Perhaps Eir could think about putting FTTH in this area ? Because of this such slow speed. I can pm the account number and the phone number to a Eir rep.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

aaron11441 wrote: »
    Hello, Im asking could a area be upgraded to some sort of decent broadband. This speed is very slow for today's standers. The speed you can get is 512kb/s MAX! Perhaps Eir could think about putting FTTH in this area ? Because of this such slow speed. I can pm the account number and the phone number to a Eir rep.
    Hello aaron11441

I'm sorry to hear of your slow speeds. If you could please PM me your eir account number I will be happy to look in to this further and of course check plans for your area.

Cheers
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 13 aaron11441

Any news on this issue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

aaron11441 wrote: »
    Any news on this issue?
    Hi aaron11441

I have looked in to this in detail and I'm afraid the news is not positive. In discussing this with our networks team I have been advised that at present there are no plans to bring FTTH to your nans area and until further works are planned we cannot offer you any type of time frame.

I have looked in to this situation surrounding normal broadband. Unfortunately due to the distance of your nans line to the serving exchange the max speed it will be able to hold is approximately 0.5Mb which admittedly is quite disappointing.

I'm genuinely sorry we can't offer better news and I understand the requirement for high speed broadband but the best advice I can now offer is to check with the governments national broadband plan.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement