Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brendan Rodgers sacked.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

You got your internet victory yesterday dude, can you not leave it there?

If only Rayne could own up and admit his flip-flopping on Klopp over LvG, then none of this would be happening now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I was asked a question, I answered it. Have you anything to add to the discussion?

Yes.

You are like a child that gets a laugh by swearing unexpectedly but completely ruins it by running around the house shouting titty biscuits at the top of his lungs for hours on end trying to replicate that one giddy moment when his parents paid attention to him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Yes.

You are like a child that gets a laugh by swearing unexpectedly but completely ruins it by running around the house shouting titty biscuits at the top of his lungs for hours on end trying to replicate that one giddy moment when his parents paid attention to him.

I very rarely swear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Good appointment for a club in Pool's position but he has something to prove at a higher level which the PL will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Yes.

Ahahahahaha

Nope, I'm merely stating the fact that you wanted Klopp ahead of LVG last April. As another poster said, just admit you were shown to be lying and move along.

I find it hilarious that you posted this just before I started questioning you.

I never denied wanting Klopp to manage
    United at some stage in my life which you tried to portray

You said I lied about it, €100 to a charity of choice says you can't show me where I denied wanting Klopp over Van Gaal

I never denied wanting Klopp to manage
    United at some stage in my life which you tried to portray

You said I lied about it, €100 to a charity of choice says you can't show me where I denied wanting Klopp over Van Gaal

I didn't portray anything. I just posted a few old posts of yours which prove your "flip flop" on Klopp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Can ye fuck off to pm, or something?

Nobody gives a damn about your dick measuring charade.

Who cares if he believes one manager to be greater than another for a hypothetical appointment that never happened.

Should we go back to when Rodgers was appointed and look at the amount of people looking for LvG to be hired then?

Even then, it makes no difference. Opinions change, especially when it comes to football.

All that matters is Liverpool are finally getting a manager that is expected of their status. Not a project with potential, but a top European name.

Is he better than Van Gaal? Who knows. Is he better than Rodgers? Most likely.

Time will tell if he's successful or not. If he's not, you won't want to be having this discussion with Rayne. If he is, then I hope you've better things to be worrying about than fretting over this crap.

Fucking hell, the amount of posts on this 'you said this once on the internet' is insane.

• Advertisement

I didn't portray anything. I just posted a few old posts of yours which prove your "flip flop" on Klopp.

So now you are backtracking?
    I wanted Van Gaal as well, the club needed to stabilise and Van Gaal was a better option than Klopp for doing so. Klopp or Guardiola after Van Gaal for long term
    Why must you lie? These are just 2 of your posts about Klopp before LVG got the United job.

Are you going to show me where I denied ever wanting Van Gaal over Klopp?

Rayne, this was your post yesterday.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97273483&postcount=342

I have already shown a post earlier today of you saying
    Rayne Wooney 15:32 21-04-2014 (3 Thanks)
    Now that it's actually happening I'm not so sure I want Van Gaal

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Lads, nobody cares.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Knex. wrote: »
    Can ye fuck off to pm, or something?

Nobody gives a damn about your dick measuring charade.

Who cares if he believes one manager to be greater than another for a hypothetical appointment that never happened.

Should we go back to when Rodgers was appointed and look at the amount of people looking for LvG to be hired then?

Even then, it makes no difference. Opinions change, especially when it comes to football.

All that matters is Liverpool are finally getting a manager that is bereft of their status. Not a project with potential, but a top European name.

Is he better than Van Gaal? Who knows. Is he better than Rodgers? Most likely.

Time will tell if he's successful or not. If he's not, you won't want to be having this discussion with Rayne. If he is, then I hope you've better things to be worrying about than fretting over this crap.

Fucking hell, the amount of posts on this 'you said this once on the internet' is insane.

Ah but if they dont do it in public how will anyone know whos the ultimate Bigus Dickus of the soccer forum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Liam O wrote: »
    Funny I was told in the Pool thread a couple of days ago to "get a life" for using people's old posts against their argument.

Nah, the poster looked for quotes thinking nobody would bother their hole, poster got caught out. Its just getting caught being a WUM, most would move on by now.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Ah but if they dont do it in public how will anyone know whos the ultimate Bigus Dickus of the soccer forum?

Tbf, both are showing they are big dicks at this stage. :p

• Advertisement

Rayne, this was your post yesterday.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97273483&postcount=342

I have already shown a post earlier today of you saying

so what are you trying to argue now? It seems like you are shifting goalposts in every post now

Van Gaal has proved he is better for what United need, whether I had doubts about his appointment at the time doesn't mean anything.

Did I want Klopp over Van Gaal in March 2014 after he'd won 2 league titles and 2 cups with a champions league final in 4 years, obviously, he was in crazy form, I never denied I did

Do I think Van Gaal is a better manager looking at their careers so far, obviously do I think Van Gaal is better for rebuilding than Klopp, yes.

So again, you said I was a liar, €100 to a charity of choice says you can't prove it.

so what are you trying to argue now? It seems like you are shifting goalposts in every post now

Van Gaal has proved he is better for what United need, whether I had doubts about his appointment at the time doesn't mean anything.

Did I want Klopp over Van Gaal in March 2014 after he'd won 2 league titles and 2 cups with a champions league final in 4 years, obviously, he was in crazy form, I never denied I did

Do I think Van Gaal is a better manager looking at their careers so far, obviously do I think Van Gaal is better for rebuilding than Klopp, yes.

So again, you said I was a liar, €100 to a charity of choice says you can't prove it.

Last night: I wanted Van Gaal aswell.

April 2014: I'm not sure I even want Van Gaal.

Is that confusing you? You said both of them and they completely contradict each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

So is there any news today about Klopp taking over. Why are his odds so short when nothing has been leaked yet and nobody is talking. I am still nervous about the whole thing.

niallo27 wrote: »
    So is there any news today about Klopp taking over. Why are his odds so short when nothing has been leaked yet and nobody is talking. I am still nervous about the whole thing.

All the right people have said it's done. I'd expect it to be announced by tomorrow evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Some good stuff from Lawro yesterday evening about the transfer comittee.Many signings were definitely foisted upon Rodgers and it seemed for every 3 or 4 "moneyball" picks,he was allowed his own choice of player.He actually didn't want Sturridge but he was signed anyway (that worked out).£300 million wasted on an awful lot of dross and that came down to the manager being either too weak to stand up and say no or was also caught up in the whole moneyball bollixology.
    Does this show that FSG never really trusted him from the start to be allowed absolute control? If so,how does this bode for Klopp or whoever joins.I doubt anyone else would stand for having a comittee dictating who's bought or sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Its quite simple Klopp is becoming Liverpool manager so some Man Utd are being misquoted,never wanted him,he is a great manager & Darmian is the best RB in the world when he doesn't face Alexis Sanchez.

Glico Man wrote: »
    Tbf, both are showing they are big dicks at this stage. :p

Its the two lions fighting to control the pack. Only one Dick can be the true king of soccer dicks. Its a hotly contested affair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

zerks wrote: »
    Some good stuff from Lawro yesterday evening about the transfer comittee.Many signings were definitely foisted upon Rodgers and it seemed for every 3 or 4 "moneyball" picks,he was allowed his own choice of player.He actually didn't want Sturridge but he was signed anyway (that worked out).£300 million wasted on an awful lot of dross and that came down to the manager being either too weak to stand up and say no or was also caught up in the whole moneyball bollixology.
    Does this show that FSG never really trusted him from the start to be allowed absolute control? If so,how does this bode for Klopp or whoever joins.I doubt anyone else would stand for having a comittee dictating who's bought or sold.

1 players out of 4 or 5 doesn't sound right. No manager would stand for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

This thread

SM1082Cripple_Fight_Posters.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Apparently he's in Liverpool at the moment and arrived at the airport this morning. This is only according to the usual twitter sources so nothing concrete, but Pearce and Barrett have pretty much indicated it's a done deal.

Is that confusing you? You said both of them and they completely contradict each other.

That has nothing to do with you saying I'm a liar

You said I lied, what did I lie about? And show me where

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Maybe we should have a "you said he said I said wah wah wahh" thread instead of clogging this one full of shyte that has nothing to do with Liverpool, Rodgers or his replacement?

That has nothing to do with you saying I'm a liar

You said I lied, what did I lie about? And show me where

Did you want Louis van Gaal as the man United manager in April 2014? A simple yes or no will do.

Did you want Louis van Gaal as the man United manager in April 2014? A simple yes or no will do.

Again, that has nothing to do with anything I'm saying

What did I lie about?

• Advertisement

And now in round 59 we have Rayne rise up with his challenge bravely thrusting forth for the title again. Will Caovyn beat him down again or will we see a submission. Or do we need to get Donald Trump to referee

Again, that has nothing to do with anything I'm saying

What did I lie about?

Could you answer the question? Would you like me to phrase it in a different way?

Maybe we should have a "you said he said I said wah wah wahh" thread instead of clogging this one full of shyte that has nothing to do with Liverpool, Rodgers or his replacement?

This is really making me appreciate the work primary school teachers must put in on a daily basis in the playground.

"Miss! Miss! Timmy said I smell worse than Kevin!"

"No I didn't. I said that at one point of the day last Tuesday, you smelled worse than Kevin for a period of time"

"Liar!"

"You're a liar!"

"Your face is a liar!"

"MISS!"

Its the two lions fighting to control the pack. Only one Dick can be the true king of soccer dicks. Its a hotly contested affair.

More like two drunks aimlessly swinging at each other at 4am in the middle of the road causing a car crash that kills everyone else in the immediate vicinity. Those two drunks are of course oblivious to this, what with their tunnel vision, and continue to swing at thin air.

Could you answer the question? Would you like me to phrase it in a different way?

Caovyn erect to the challenge. Oh ho. Its long way to get yet ladies and gentlemen. Belt up! This is a ride that doesnt have brakes.

Cue the Eye of the Tiger music. We've got an all nighter going on.

I really have to laugh at the people giving out about the thread being derailed while they derail it even further. The irony completely lost on them of course.

Could you answer the question

It doesn't matter because it has nothing to do with whether I lied or not

One last time, what did I lie about and where
    Why must you lie?

My charity can be temple street foundation

Glico Man wrote: »
    More like two drunks aimlessly swinging at each other at 4am in the middle of the road causing a car crash that kills everyone else in the immediate vicinity. Those two drunks are of course oblivious to this, what with their tunnel vision, and continue to swing at thin air.
    I honestly havent seen 2 drunks swinging their dicks at each other at 4 in the morning. :P

I'll leave it up to you to decide which one of them was the truth and which was a lie Rayne.

• Advertisement

This thread now be like:

HarmoniousMetallicAsianpiedstarling.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

They wanted a Dof he wanted total control so they bodged a compromise.

Unfortunately Rodgers eye for talent is poor and so he treated players "foisted" upon him badly for the most part, making them marginal or using them like utility players and then shipping them off on loan.

He only trusted players he has watched in the prem so for every Sakho we get a Lovren, for every Markovic we get a Lallana, he wanted Clint Dempsey over Daniel Sturridge, wanted Lucas out, threatened to have a huff over Allen (regardless of the transfer fee, which may explain how Swansea got 15m for him!) doubled loaned Ilori and Alberto, got Benteke as a quid pro quo for the TC wanting Firmino.

Caovyn admit you were wrong

And if you donate to temple street foundation I'll match it, at least something good will have come out of this long winded discussion

I'll leave it there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

If so,how does this bode for Klopp or whoever joins.I doubt anyone else would stand for having a comittee dictating who's bought or sold.

Klopp worked under a sporting director at BVB, he's used to it.

Caovyn admit you were wrong

And if you donate to temple street foundation I'll match it, at least something good will have come out of this long winded discussion

I'll leave it there

I wasn't wrong this time I'm afraid. You were lying and got called on it, man up.

I'll leave it there :)

Klopp worked under a sporting director at BVB, he's used to it.

Not a committee who dictated on buying prospects that might make a few bob in the future.I'm fairly sure Klopp had more control at Dortmund than Rodgers did at Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Caovyn and Rayne, take it to PM and quit clogging the thread up with your inane childish nonsense. Actually, neither of you post in this thread again or you'll be carded. Thanks.

They wanted a Dof he wanted total control so they bodged a compromise.

Unfortunately Rodgers eye for talent is poor and so he treated players "foisted" upon him badly for the most part, making them marginal or using them like utility players and then shipping them off on loan.

He only trusted players he has watched in the prem so for every Sakho we get a Lovren, for every Markovic we get a Lallana, he wanted Clint Dempsey over Daniel Sturridge, wanted Lucas out, threatened to have a huff over Allen (regardless of the transfer fee, which may explain how Swansea got 15m for him!) doubled loaned Ilori and Alberto, got Benteke as a quid pro quo for the TC wanting Firmino.

I posted before that when it came to building a team,he's pretty poor.He does well with other coaches players but when the time comes to create his own team,it seems to go wrong.You as a Liverpool fan have probably spent a lot of time wondering on what kind of players were joining.

Aaaaanyway.

Liverpool have arranged a press conference/announcement for 5pm, apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Not a committee who dictated on buying prospects that might make a few bob in the future.I'm fairly sure Klopp had more control at Dortmund than Rodgers did at Liverpool.

You've no idea how much control either had to be fair, neither do I. However from what I've read in the German media, Klopp obviously did have input into transfers at Dortmund but the main responsibility fell to Zorc.

And are you really trying to say Dortmund didn't buy prospects and sell them on for a few bob later too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

1 players out of 4 or 5 doesn't sound right. No manager would stand for that.

Evans on off the ball was saying Firmino was a committee buy, Rodgers oked it but that meant the club bough Benteke for him.

It just seemed haphazard and always politics at play.

Klopp has worked with a committee before but I'd say, going on the press, he'll want the final say, as in a veto.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
Advertisement