Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brendan Rodgers sacked.

1789101113»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Sand wrote: »
    Liverpool was the draw. Rafa was the funny story.

Yeah because those players would have been signing with Liverpool without him. Should I post the stories where Ferguson says he did everything he could to sign Torres but he guessed in the end it was the Spanish draw of Benitez that mattered?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Yeah because those players would have been signing with Liverpool without him. Should I post the stories where Ferguson says he did everything he could to sign Torres but he guessed in the end it was the Spanish draw of Benitez that mattered?

If it entertains you, by all means go for it. Because this isn't a thread about Benitez. But its your time to spend however you see fit.

Honestly, you make it sound like Liverpool was some joke of a side scrapping for relegation with Benitez somehow drawing players to an otherwise doomed enterprise by force of personality alone. Liverpool were European champions in 2005. Reina was signed in that summer. Torres was signed two years later with Liverpool still regularly qualifying for the CL, finishing 3rd the season before.

The problem is its now 10 years later and Liverpool have qualified for the CL just once in the last 6 seasons and were eliminated in the group stages when they did. That's going to play a lot more in players minds than Benitez or Klopp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Sand wrote: »
    If it entertains you, by all means go for it. Because this isn't a thread about Benitez. But its your time to spend however you see fit.

Honestly, you make it sound like Liverpool was some joke of a side scrapping for relegation with Benitez somehow drawing players to an otherwise doomed enterprise by force of personality alone. Liverpool were European champions in 2005. Reina was signed in that summer. Torres was signed two years later with Liverpool still regularly qualifying for the CL, finishing 3rd the season before.

The problem is its now 10 years later and Liverpool have qualified for the CL just once in the last 6 seasons and were eliminated in the group stages when they did. That's going to play a lot more in players minds than Benitez or Klopp.

Didn't you specifically say the manager wasn't an important factor in signing players? Ferguson has said himself Torres decision was influenced massively by Benitez as have plenty of other players. If you think it isn't an important factor in a players decision then you are living in cookoo land. As with most of your posts in this thread you have ranted about something superfluous rather than engaging in the question asked. I guess we will see in the coming years the players attracted. I have a feeling they will be of a higher quality and I have a feeling much of that will be down to Jurgen but I guess we will see.

Advertisement