Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brendan Rodgers sacked.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Rodgers for Chelsea..

hahahahahahahahahahaha .... oh shít ... wait :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Average-Ro wrote: »
    Rodgers for Sunderland.

I know you're (probably) joking as Rodgers would never consider us anyway given the state we're in, but I'd honestly rather Sam Allardyce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Gerrard to return as player manager in Jan
    Kenny takes over team till then. Confirmed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Jürgen Klopp
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jürgen Norbert Klopp (German pronunciation: [ˈjʏɐ̯ɡən ˈklɔp] ( listen); born 16 June 1967) football manager of Liverpool Football Club.

With Klopp as a manager, Borussia Dortmund won the Bundesliga in 2011 and 2012, the DFB-Pokal in 2012, and the DFL-Supercup in 2008 (unofficially), 2013 and 2014. Klopp won the German Football Manager of the Year in 2011 and 2012.

Is his middle name really Norbert?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Paully D wrote: »
    I know you're (probably) joking as Rodgers would never consider us anyway, but I'd honestly rather Sam Allardyce.

Sunderland would be better off with Sam to be honest.

Yep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Gerrard to return as player manager in Jan
    Kenny takes over team till then. Confirmed

Funny...I heard it was Souness to return with Woy to be Director of Football.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Previous edits mention his middle name as "Pubert.*

(*may not be the case)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Yep.

Ah no.I used to think he was a really cool guy.

Gone is our passing game and if Kloop is confirmed we will play hoof it football. Are people happy with the way Kloop plays, he is so direct. It's like we want the '' name'' but don't realize that his philosophy is to play direct football. Fans will hate it.

• Advertisement

CS33777153Borussia%20Dortmunds%20Lu.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Hold on on all the Klopp jazz.

Twitter is abuzz....

Apparently Joe Kinnear was spotted this evening getting into a cab after leaving Liverpool central train station.

Ladbrokes & William Hill no longer offering bets on Kinnear as next manager.

They're not taking bets on me either, make of that what you will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Gone is our passing game and if Kloop is confirmed we will play hoof it football. Are people happy with the way Kloop plays, he is so direct. It's like we want the '' name'' but don't realize that his philosophy is to play direct football. Fans will hate it.

If he delivers a league title he can do it playing some form of water polo for all I care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

They need to get rid of that transfer committee.
    If they don't, it doesn't matter who the next manager, he'll be a flop too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

It looks like thy wanted to act quick so not to get in a straight battle with Chelsea for a new manager.

It was ludicrous that they didn't sack him back in May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

If he delivers a league title he can do it playing some form of water polo for all I care.

He had a poor last season at Borussia, but he has proven he can manage without the big money, and I'd prefer him over Ancelotti. He wants to prove himself in England, and seems very determined. Ancelotti is also a bit older, and I don't think it would bother him too much if he didn't get the job.
    Give it to Klopp and I'm guessing he will put everything he has into the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,950 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Very surprised but not at all disappointed.

One great season does not a great manager make and he's clearly out of his depth in the same way as Moyes was at United.

I'd expect the new manager to be announced or leaked tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭sneakyST

Thing people are forgetting is that a new manager won't be able to change the poor players we have. We have no world class players and it's very sad one of our highest paid players is Milner. A new manager will have an impact but we need 4 players to make a decent spine of a team, in defence and midfield. Our transfer dealings have been shambolic. Rodgers going is the first step in yet another rebuilding era. Sad times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It looks like thy wanted to act quick so not to get in a straight battle with Chelsea for a new manager.

It was ludicrous that they didn't sack him back in May.

If you were up to speed you'd have had a pretty strong idea this was coming for a while. Chelsea ****ing up has nothing to do with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

They're not taking bets on me either, make of that what you will.

How could they?
    You are incognito, no one knows who you are.

Whereas Kinnear brings crazy gang pedigree & the ability to just pick up the phone & call Sir Alec.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

I imagine the decision was made last week. Regardless of the result in the derby.
    I would say this, they have a two week window with the international football on so even a win today he was gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

To be honest, I'd take direct football. As long as the new manager gets rid of the comedy defending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Liverpool legend Steve Staunton to take over perhaps?

Glazers Out!

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Mourinho will still be at Chelsea when Rodgers is sacked by his next club. ;)

The way ye are going, hopefully ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

#MoyesIN

• Advertisement

It looks like its Klopp though as usual Raf isn't so sure
    Raphael Honigstein ✔
    @honigstein

LFC have not (yet?) contacted Jürgen Klopp, I understand.
    7:46 PM - 4 Oct 2015
    Tancredi Palmeri
    @tancredipalmeri

Klopp talked today again with Liverpool
    7:35 PM - 4 Oct 2015
    footballitalia
    @footballitalia

Sky Sport Italia: Jurgen Klopp almost certainly next Liverpool manager. Carlo Ancelotti still on sabbatical #LFC
    7:35 PM - 4 Oct 2015
    Matt Smith ✔
    @msmith850

Klopp
    7:07 PM - 4 Oct 2015
    Jan Aage Fjortoft ✔
    @JanAageFjortoft

Am told, by my Germann source, that Klopp will be the next manager of Liverpool Footbal Club.
    #LFC
    7:05 PM - 4 Oct 2015

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Hoof ball? He plays nothing like that.
    Fast, attacking, pressing, intense football. His tactical approach has been considered innovative and been adopted to some extent by other teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Who's this Klopp fellah and what has he achieved?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Liverpool fans didn't mind direct football when it nearly won them the league 2 season ago.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Liverpool fans didn't mind direct football when it nearly won them the league 2 season ago.

Liverpool were fantastic 2 seasons ago and hoof ball it was not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

Paully D wrote: »
    I know you're (probably) joking as Rodgers would never consider us anyway given the state we're in, but I'd honestly rather Sam Allardyce.

That I was:) Rodgers has a very high opinion of himself, and I'm sure Sunderland know that Big Sam would be a better option for them.

Klopp still 4/9,generous odds if it's so nailed on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

JPA wrote: »
    Liverpool were fantastic 2 seasons ago and hoof ball it was not.

I never said they weren't, it was direct football though, not possession based passing.

I never said they weren't, it was direct football though, not possession based passing.

I didn't disagree with you.

What's your definition of direct?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Did you even watch Dortmund during the Klopp era? Counter attacking football is Klopp's mantra, not 'hoof it' football. That's how they managed to beat most teams because they were rapid in converting defence to attack, similar to Liverpool in 13/14 except they were much sounder at the back.

Despite this, I couldn't care less how we play as long as we win. Unlike Rodgers, Klopp has a knack of taking down bigger sides and has a good record in Europe. He has more energy that Brendan, doesn't talk as much nonsense and he's had a good record in the transfer market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Since when has klopp played hoofball. Wtf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

zerks wrote: »
    This fella wants the job,looks kinda familiar though.

12140822_1171194609561927_7048243551247779613_n.jpg?oh=25076e009a3f50c14a78e01c82d07924&oe=568D2D0D

Looks like he could be a bit of a spoofer, but who am I to argue with that glorious moustache?

zerks wrote: »

Your links and Liverpool jokes are rarely, if ever, funny. Just thought I'd point that out to you.

• Advertisement

rarnes1 wrote: »
    What's your definition of direct?

Prioritising getting the ball forward quickly over safely keeping possession.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

from what i remember of klopp it was sort of like pep guardiolas barca, wherein the attackers work as defenders to counter attack far up the pitch. thus by winning possession in the oppositions half you catch them off guard as they are about to build an attack and make an attack.

that was it when dortmund were winning. what happened last season is they lacked that extra 10% work rate and it all fell apart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Drexel wrote: »
    Since when has klopp played hoofball. Wtf

Dortmund played a lot of hoofball last season when Aubameyang replaced Immobile as the striker.

Immobile was a bust though. They had to do something. It's definitely not Klopp's natural style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,334 ✭✭✭Ardent

Wouldn't like to be in Lovren's shoes :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,609 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Not being smart but surely Klopp could walk into a job with better prospects. Liverpool are miles away from being contenders.

This.

I think Liverpool fans are in cloud cuckoo land. Are the owners at Liverpool going to change their policy completely just to get Klopp in? Won't they have to dispense with their transfer committee to get him?

They could end up with Frank De Boer, they'll be wishing they didn't sack Rodgers after a year or two with him.

@GraemeKelly1: @Jay_78_ may be right. Something has changed #Klopp is the man. Welcome. #LFC

@PeterPhillips_: Klopp for the kop ��

@SkySportsNewsHQ: BREAKING: @LFC have no plans to appoint a caretaker manager (Sky Sources) #SSNHQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Your links and Liverpool jokes are rarely, if ever, funny. Just thought I'd point that out to you.
    That link is funny, to be fair.

TheCitizen wrote: »
    This.

I think Liverpool fans are in cloud cuckoo land. Are the owners at Liverpool going to change their policy completely just to get Klopp in? Won't they have to dispense with their transfer committee to get him?

They could end up with Frank De Boer, they'll be wishing they didn't sack Rodgers after a year or two with him.

How are we in 'cloud cuckoo land'?

FSG can be quite stubborn but I genuinely think they will change their system, not just the manager, and will try hard to get a manager of Klopp's level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

TheCitizen wrote: »
    This.

Which job?? Wait around for Chelsea to sack Jose?? I don't think Klopp is the kind of guy to take that job. At least not from what he's said before.

Rival fans might not think it but Liverpool are still a big club, if this appointment (whoever it is) doesn't work out then we might end up not being.

Advertisement