Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Energia - 22% off Electricity

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

Well after I seen Greentree_uk got a better deal than I which was only 18% off electricity and 20% off gas I emailed them saying I wasn't happy when I learned a friend got a better deal. They rang me today and I got 23%-20% deal...

Also got 25 euro loaded card in post during week. Must sign up for year free gas boiler insurance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Remember its only 10-20% of all gas customers go to the bother of changing so they want to hold onto u

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

And remember that you also can get a free 12 month Boiler and Home Heating emergency insurance cover:

https://www.energia.ie/freeinsurance

Just be aware that once you filled out that form they are going to call you to try to upsell you the insurance further, but if you decline than you still should get the free cover.

Please do your research before signing up to that offer, look at the T&C etc. I am not recommending this insurance, I am simply pointing out that you can get a free cover as Energia customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭tandcapply

I just signed up to the Cheap260 (23%) electricity deal and got the following letter stating unit price is 14.15c exc VAT which is more expensive than what I was paying SSE (13.18 Exc vat). See Energia price per letter posted.jpg attached.

It also states 15% percent discount only, anyone seen this too?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

That seems to be wrong, I'm on the same deal and my unit rate is 12.32 Exc VAT. Which is correct, 26% off the standard rate of 16.65.

I'm guessing that when you signed up, you didn't enter the promo code CHEAP260, if you don't enter the promo code, then you don't get the 26% off deal, instead you only get 15% off. Their website is designed in a sneaky way to catch people like that IMO. You click on the link that says sign up under the 26% off ad, but then not realise that you have to enter the promo code to actually get the 26% off.

You should contact them and get it corrected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

bk wrote: »
    That seems to be wrong, I'm on the same deal and my unit rate is 12.32 Exc VAT. Which is correct, 26% off the standard rate of 16.65.

Me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭tandcapply

daveyjoe wrote: »
    Me too.
    Thanks bk and daveyjoe, I'll contact them on Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

bk wrote: »

I'm guessing that when you signed up, you didn't enter the promo code CHEAP260, if you don't enter the promo code, then you don't get the 26% off deal, instead you only get 15% off. Their website is designed in a sneaky way to catch people like that IMO. You click on the link that says sign up under the 26% off ad, but then not realise that you have to enter the promo code to actually get the 26% off.

You should contact them and get it corrected.

Hey there,
    Is there a place to see what rate I am on with Energia when I log into my account?

Thanks,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Phoned SSE when my contract ended: 13.18 (14.96 incl vat) and standing charge 38. 45 ( 43.64 incl vat). Also sent me a voucher for remaining a SSE customer- basically a voucher for €20 for Dunnes/Tesco via very circuitous route - did look for a 2 year contract but nothing doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

joeysoap wrote: »
    Phoned SSE when my contract ended: 13.18 (14.96 incl vat) and standing charge 38. 45 ( 43.64 incl vat). Also sent me a voucher for remaining a SSE customer- basically a voucher for €20 for Dunnes/Tesco via very circuitous route - did look for a 2 year contract but nothing doing.

Follow up to above. Got my first bill since renewing my contract with SSE. Very pleased to see in addition to the 20% discount off their standard rates I also received €30 reduction of the bill. Only downside, and I have written it off at this stage, is the customer 'thanks for staying' reward. SSE use a corporate 'rewards' company for this reward, and my experience with them makes Irish Water look good. You get a unique code from SSE to claim your gift. You choose your gift off this company's website. After a quick glance it becomes pretty obvious that without further outlay there is a very limited menu of totally free events/offers/vouchers, and I opted for a Dunnes €20 voucher. To claim this voucher you get another code off this company and when I inputted this code I got a message that an email had been sent to me with details on how to claim and printout the voucher. No email was received and when I contacted them they (after some correspondence)informed me that the voucher had been posted to my home address. Surprise, surprise no voucher yet, and to honest I don't expect it at this stage. Basically I get the impression if I had claimed something else that would have add on costs, they would be more interested. Useless shower of twats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭Delta2113

I just signed up to Flogas to move away from Energia with Gas. I plan on moving my electricity from Electric Ireland To Energia.

Should I wait until my Gas completely moves to Flogas before I move my electricty to Energia. Would it be confusing to them - I know it sounds stupid but stupid stuff does happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Delta2113 wrote: »
    I just signed up to Flogas to move away from Energia with Gas. I plan on moving my electricity from Electric Ireland To Energia.

Should I wait until my Gas completely moves to Flogas before I move my electricty to Energia. Would it be confusing to them - I know it sounds stupid but stupid stuff does happen.

No it won't be confusing at all. You would have separate account numbers for electricity and gas and their billing system with have no difficulty whatsoever.

Can anybody clear up this €50 versus €20 cash back from Energia?

I just got my letter from Energia -electric only and it say's €44.06 cash back.

I answered all questions honestly and i used to have gas with them but now i'm off to Flogas for gas.

it look's like I'm getting the €50. Used code saveme260 0.1232 ex. vat per kwh

Can anybody clear up this €50 versus €20 cash back from Energia?

I just got my letter from Energia -electric only and it say's €44.06 cash back.

I answered all questions honestly and i used to have gas with them but now i'm off to Flogas for gas.

it look's like I'm getting the €50. Used code saveme260 0.1232 ex. vat per kwh

You signed up to their current best electricity deal which also offers €50 cash back as a credit on the bill.
    Not sure what you're questioning here.
    The €44.06 is the €50 ex VAT

Apologies yes I was not very clear but back a few pages people seemed to think that you had to switch electricity and gas to get €50?

• Advertisement

Apologies yes I was not very clear but back a few pages people seemed to think that you had to switch electricity and gas to get €50?

No, the current electricity-only offer gives €50 back.
    The offers seem to be changing quite regularly though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭Bebop

I called the customer Loyalty team at my energy provider SSE before switching but the best they could offer was 15% off both Gas and electricity which was a price increase on my tariff, I switched to Energia and got 22% off, but then I got a call from SSE Offering 20% with €100 cash back if I cancelled the switch!
    I went ahead and changed to Energia, SSE should really get their act together

I switched during July last year but when I go to bonkers, it seems to suggest that once you reach 1st July, its over no matter when you switched during the month? I thought it would be 12 months from date of switching

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Bebop wrote: »
    I called the customer Loyalty team at my energy provider SSE before switching but the best they could offer was 15% off both Gas and electricity which was a price increase on my tariff, I switched to Energia and got 22% off, but then I got a call from SSE Offering 20% with €100 cash back if I cancelled the switch!
    I went ahead and changed to Energia, SSE should really get their act together

I think I might try SSE loyalty straight up with this request, €100 cash back and 20% off current prices to not switch to someone else, much easier than actually switching :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭annie.t

Im with Energia for both gas and electricity. What's the current best offer? Bonkers suggests SSE Airtricity. What are they like to deal with? Few years ago heard horror stories about them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

annie.t wrote: »
    Im with Energia for both gas and electricity. What's the current best offer? Bonkers suggests SSE Airtricity. What are they like to deal with? Few years ago heard horror stories about them

Look around and you'll find stories on them all, just go with cheapest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Our contract was up recently. Energias new customer 392 offer was still the best value based on our usage. Rang and asked them to match it as an existing customer and they did. Including the 50 EUR cash back.

Worth ringing them with whatever offer you find is cheapest for you and asking them to match it.

Our contract was up recently. Energias new customer 392 offer was still the best value based on our usage. Rang and asked them to match it as an existing customer and they did. Including the 50 EUR cash back.

Worth ringing them with whatever offer you find is cheapest for you and asking them to match it.

Thanks Bud, rang up and told them very politely that it was 26% or I'm gone (electricity only as flogas it very good for gas). Quick word with manager and yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Great... did you get them to include the 50 cash back as well?

Great... did you get them to include the 50 cash back as well?

no because they were not part of the sales department and hence didn't know about the saveme260 etc but agreed to do the 26% discount. I suppose I got what I asked for and didn't feel I could push any more than that. In fairness, they did entertain my request with no argument.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Looking at bonkers the best duel fuel was SSE
    Gas @ 4.815c (16% off) Elec @ 14.39c (23% off)

I renewed for 12 months with Energia for gas and electricity.
    They offered me 4.7c (20% off) for gas, and 14.55c (23% off) for elec.

They also gave €50 cashback which will be applied to my next bill.

It was probably cheaper again going separately (SSE for Elec and Flo for gas) but with the 50 quid cashback, there's probably not much in it.

Happy all in all.

Advertisement