Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halloween Costumes

Options
  • 04-10-2015 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭

I'm searching for a costume for a 21 month old girl. I don't want a princess type one. I'd like a Halloween costume. While Dunnes have them I'd like to spend less about a tenner if possible. Lots of places have children's costumes for that price but none in small sizes for 1-2 year olds. Has anyone else found any reasonably priced costumes? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Tesco and Euro general have nice stuff.
    Aldi and Lidl usually have a special on them too.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

If you're near a Heatons it'd be worth looking in there also, their stuff is usually reasonably priced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Anything to be said for making it, or is that a bit 80's? :) My favourite costumes as a child were the homemade ones. Bockety is part of the charm!

My 18 month old is going to be a mermaid this year. I have cut a mermaid tail out of a piece of felt... Felt (for 2 kids) cost 4 euro.
    9sf1fo.jpg

Previously, have done a spider, black tights stuffed with paper for legs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

The Euro shops would be worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

I'd love to make it. I have to admit I haven't an artistic or creative bone in me. My imagination isn't my strong point! Aldi and Lidl only
    do costumes aged 4 upwards and are very reasonably priced. I struck gold this morning thanks to advice here. Stupidly pound shops never occurred to me. I got a dress in a Euro giant store for €1.49. I then got a pair of Halloween tights in Dealz for €1.49. There aged 4-5 so will be pulled up and rolled down over her tummy. That's the smallest size I could get! So all kitted out for €2.98☺☺☺☺ . Thanks for the help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

If you're near a tkmxx, they had good costumes in (or at least they did in blanchardstown at the weekend)

Advertisement