Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What you pay for UPC Broadband ?

• 05-10-2015 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi there,

I was paying something like 23 Euro a month and they suddenly start send me 45.

So I guess will look around for better price /

So everyone , How much you paying for your broadband ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

€45 is their cheapest package. Eircom or Vodafone will be a very similar price but slower. You may have had an older deal or an introductory rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ukoker

Yes on their site 45 is cheaper. But they always been call by customer and they make deal to customer. So I thought , it would be good to know any good price people getting.

Other than Sure Eircom and Sky there. I heard bit issue with SKY but sure, it wont kill me , just to internet

thought they do deal people when you call them . But think 45 is dear enough.

I can find cheaper provider in middle of Dublin.
    So any people get special price from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Who can you get cheaper in Dublin for the equivalent product ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

ukoker wrote: »
    Hi there,

I was paying something like 23 Euro a month and they suddenly start send me 45.

So I guess will look around for better price /

So everyone , How much you paying for your broadband ?

Thanks

23euros per month was for the few months of your new contract, 45euros per month is what you pay after your introduction price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I pay €35 a month for 250mb, basic Tv package and some mad phone package. Was paying I think €40 or something, and they cold called me and advised if I take TV to the package, which is "free" that it reduces my package down to €35 for an entire year.

Had no intention of leaving so was happy with that. Horizon box just sits in the spare room in the wrapper, kept my existing router and infrastructure

There was a ****up by the agent who processed the deal, where I was charged €80 for a router, don't know why, but it was put as credit on my account which was fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

I don't think your going to get better than €45pm. Eircom recently increased it's cheapest broadband package from €52 to €62 for new customers.

UPC Virgin €45pm 240MB

Eircom €62pm up to 100mb
    Vodafone €45pm up to 100mb
    Sky €40* up to 1000mb
    Magnet €57.99 100mb
    Imagine €22 up to 10mb

*BT connection in the exchange. If it hasn't €50pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If you started as a new customs and If the price has only gone up, chances are you still have 6 months contract left.

Everyone thanks for your answer. Yes you are right, UPC is best internet. I will call and see they would do any deal.

Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭joe_99

I don't think your going to get better than €45pm. Eircom recently increased it's cheapest broadband package from €52 to €62 for new customers.

UPC Virgin €45pm 240MB

Eircom €62pm up to 100mb
    Vodafone €45pm up to 100mb
    Sky €40* up to 1000mb
    Magnet €57.99 100mb
    Imagine €22 up to 10mb

*BT connection in the exchange. If it hasn't €50pm

Under €45 there are 3 options that i can find

Broadband only up to 100mb prices:

Vodafone - €38
    eir - €40
    Pure - €36