Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Sorry about that folks (if you experienced slowdown / pages not loading). Everything should be back to normal again.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Sorry about that folks (if you experienced slowdown / pages not loading). Everything should be back to normal again.
    Was just about to tweet you when normal service resumed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Touch site is fecked. Posts appearing, disappearing and reappearing

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Unearthly

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Touch site is fecked. Posts appearing, disappearing and reappearing

Yeah same for me.

Also getting error 404 when clicking on topics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Same on desktop

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

not just touch site, legacy on mac laptop is doing similar, posts (and updated threads even) disappearing and such - refresh doesnt help.

This! (above four posts). On main site on laptop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Threads keep displaying that i have unread posts (or new posts) in them, despite me having already read them

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Threads arent coming up as read/making themselves unread after a minute or two.

EDIT: Refreshed 5 times to see my post appear here (Old skin not quick reply).

• Registered Users Posts: 33,969 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Still acting zee ballax at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Boards on touch is gone mental threads won't loads and I'm getting 404 errors even thus thread is only showing a post from 8 hours ago and not the most recent

404s all over the gaff here too. I think the DB servers are out of sync again.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

legacy site messed up for me too. 

Posts disapperaring.  Looks to be displaying a version of the site from 20 mins ago or so,  have to refresh a few times for it to show current posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,528 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yep 404s coming up loads

earthquake central when boards matrix gets perplexed. hope its nothin' major.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Same here. I have to switch to the Responsive site and then back again to the Legacy site to get it to work; also, once or twice when I switched to the Responsive site I got a 'page not found'. Finally, the notifications of new threads randomly appear and disappear.

I'm using Vivaldi, version 1.6.689.40 (Stable channel) (32-bit).

Hey, where's my post (about posts disappearing) gone :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Posts appearing and disappearing again like ping pong. Difficult to keep track of what's going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

All I'm getting is:

Once upon a midnight dreary,
    while I websurfed, weak and weary,
    Over many a strange and spurious website
    of 'hot chicks galore',
    While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark,
    suddenly there came a warning,
    And my heart was filled with mourning,
    mourning for my dear amour.
    "'Tis not possible," I muttered,
    "give me back my cheap hardcore!" -
    Quoth the server, "404".

Shannon757 wrote: »
    All I'm getting is:

Once upon a midnight dreary,
    while I websurfed, weak and weary,
    Over many a strange and spurious website
    of 'hot chicks galore',
    While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark,
    suddenly there came a warning,
    And my heart was filled with mourning,
    mourning for my dear amour.
    "'Tis not possible," I muttered,
    "give me back my cheap hardcore!" -
    Quoth the server, "404".
    I'm so slow. Have glanced over that error for the last few years and it only just clicked with me where it came from.

"Never more" shall I wonder. :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Boards.ie: Ronan

Apologies. One of our database nodes encountered an issue. Should now be rectified and all should be back to normal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Apologies. One of our database nodes encountered an issue. Should now be rectified and all should be back to normal.

Was it the female one?

Beyonce-Hamster-43336.jpg

those silly database nodes are always such troublemakers :eek:
    well done sir! 'n thanks ........back to the fun :pac::pac::pac:

Noticed an odd occurrence thrice in the past few weeks, not sure what is precisely happening. I use Legacy, on a Mac btw. Occasionally, when I go to log off and the mouse hovers momentarily (or the site buffers briefly) near the Notifications area (right, upper corner, between username and down arrow), a box with a note pops up in that same spot. It's as if I am reading snippets from someones personal messages. It doesn't show any usernames or post info, just odd little snippets of what appears to be different conversations that I don't recognise (ie: "I have spoken with Mr M and we determined the issue to be...") Has never happened before. I don't know if they are random posts, mod/admin notes, or messages that lost their way or what. Its very brief, random once-off stuff, but it happened again tonight so thought I should say something.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

B00! wrote: »
    Noticed an odd occurrence thrice in the past few weeks, not sure what is precisely happening. I use Legacy, on a Mac btw. Occasionally, when I go to log off and the mouse hovers momentarily (or the site buffers briefly) near the Notifications area (right, upper corner, between username and down arrow), a box with a note pops up in that same spot. It's as if I am reading snippets from someones personal messages. It doesn't show any usernames or post info, just odd little snippets of what appears to be different conversations that I don't recognise (ie: "I have spoken with Mr M and we determined the issue to be...") Has never happened before. I don't know if they are random posts, mod/admin notes, or messages that lost their way or what. Its very brief, random once-off stuff, but it happened again tonight so thought I should say something.

Sounds unusual. Will ask the tech lads if they've seen anything like this before. Is it happening frequently?

It's happened three times in about a two week period. If it happens again, I shall try to capture a screenshot to show. It's very fleeting though - once you release the mouse, it's gone. It acts the same way as if you were hovering over a thread title (when the first post pops up, without having to click on the thread to see what the thread is about). If you know what I mean? :o Only it's in an odd place and unexpected.

Anyway, thanks Mark! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41,067 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

M site keeps kicking me out into the default site

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

M site keeps kicking me out into the default site

The mobile site is isn't working for me until it will switch me over to the very slow "new" mobile site.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,067 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

The mobile site is isn't working for me until it will switch me over to the very slow "new" mobile site.

Its really strange. All versions of the site have stopped working for me on opera browser on my phone (full site, touch site, m site). Worked fine when I switched browser.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Its really strange. All versions of the site have stopped working for me on opera browser on my phone (full site, touch site, m site). Worked fine when I switched browser.

I'm IOS

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement