Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,067 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I'm IOS

This the message I get all the time on opera browser

The www.boards.ie page isn’t working

www.boards.ie redirected you too many times.
    Here are some suggestions:

Reload this webpage later.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Is the main site kaputt?

Can't get anything at all except a white screen and an endlessly rotating wheelie thing.... (on laptop using firefox)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

I am on laptop using safari, seems ok for me atm, but I haven't logged off and on today.

Firefox used to do that for me on boards. Kept having to re-enter boards.ie in search (was frustrating, especially when you were attempting to send a PM and the screen would never re-coop itself).

You've probably cleared your cache and cookies, refreshed, tried closing browser and re-opening, I assume?

B00! wrote: »
    I am on laptop using safari, seems ok for me atm, but I haven't logged off and on today.

Firefox used to do that for me on boards. Kept having to re-enter boards.ie in search (was frustrating, especially when you were attempting to send a PM and the screen would never re-coop itself).

You've probably cleared your cache and cookies, refreshed, tried closing browser and re-opening, I assume?

None of the above!

All seems to be ok now, dunno what happened - even re-entering the address in the box didn't result in anything other than a blank screen and the wheelie thing going round and round.

Had to log off for an hour, though, and it all seems to be working perfectly now.....

• Registered Users Posts: 46,103 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I cant access the Building Regulations & Legislation forum.

Im on a desktop PC running W7 and using Firefox browser version 51.0.1

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

muffler wrote: »
    I cant access the Building Regulations & Legislation forum.

Im on a desktop PC running W7 and using Firefox browser version 51.0.1

This forum? What's happening when you try to navigate to it?

This forum? What's happening when you try to navigate to it?
    Cant say if the link is to the right forum or not but I assume it is. I tried that link and all Im getting is a blank white page with "connecting" appearing on the tab and the wee blue yoke spinning round and round. I let it run for about 5 minutes to see if the page would load but to no avail.

Strange, as I can access every other forum ....... and no, I'm not banned :D

Edit/ just tried it on IE and no problems at all. So its the browser then

Boards.ie Employee

Hmmm, that is a strange one. Could you try clearing the cache or an incognito / private browsing window to see if that helps?

Boards.ie Employee

Getting in with plenty of notice. Boards.ie will be undergoing some maintenance on January 31 between 10am and 3pm, which may result in some disruption. Apologies in advance for any inconvenience caused.

Hmmm, that is a strange one. Could you try clearing the cache or an incognito / private browsing window to see if that helps?
    Cheers Mark, clearing the cache worked. :)

Just out of curiosity re the incognito / private browsing - is that the invisible setting in the user CP?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Cheers Mark, clearing the cache worked. :)

Just out of curiosity re the incognito / private browsing - is that the invisible setting in the user CP?

No, incognito/private browsing are related to your browser.

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95464?source=gsearch&hl=en

No, incognito/private browsing are related to your browser.

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95464?source=gsearch&hl=en
    Is that feature in Chrome only?

Boards.ie Employee

Is that feature in Chrome only?

CTRL + Shift + P in Firefox - Or the three lines in the top right, New Private Window

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

CTRL + Shift + P in Firefox - Or the three lines in the top right, New Private Window

CTRL + Shift + N*

Your combo will quick-print the webpage, which is annoying.

Boards.ie Employee

CTRL + Shift + N*

Your combo will quick-print the webpage, which is annoying.

Firefox seems to have changed it from the quick prompt it's telling me. Other browsers are Ctrl + Shift + N. Not sure why Firefox feels it has to be different  :D

407881.png

Thanks Mark

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

That's what I get for skim reading - I saw muffler mention Chrome and just saw your shortcut!

It's strange that FF would use a shortcut that commonly has a completely different function in other applications!

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Is the main site kaputt?

Can't get anything at all except a white screen and an endlessly rotating wheelie thing.... (on laptop using firefox)

Same thing has happened tonight - site just froze and nothing will load or refresh.

Switched to Chrome and all working ok..... other websites working fine in Firefox, just boards packed up.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Getting a load of 503 errors today - Backend fetch failed

Boards.ie Employee

Getting a load of 503 errors today - Backend fetch failed

Yes, the site is undergoing maintenance which may produce errors. Things should be wrapped up by 3pm or so. Sorry about that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I assume these are to be expected today ?
    Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Backend fetch failed

Guru Meditation:

XID: 181928022

Varnish cache server

Boards.ie Employee

Yep, but should be all done and dusted by 3pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,423 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Several duplicates all over the shop again today. Please don't tell us this issue is back? I'm addicted to using Post Quick Reply :o

Boards.ie Employee

unkel wrote: »
    Several duplicates all over the shop again today. Please don't tell us this issue is back? I'm addicted to using Post Quick Reply :o

Possibly tied to the database maintenance. Hopefully all is back to normal now.

unkel wrote: »

More than several I can't be the only one seeing them. Best so far is an original and 5 dupicates and a good few with 4 posts instead of one.

Im just after quoting this post, typed up a reply and when I hit the submit reply button my reply disappeared and the quoted post remained.

Similarly earlier today when replying to a couple of PMs the original message disappeared as soon as I hit the reply button. I had this issue in the past but don't think it was ever sorted. Im using IE btw and for replying to one of the PMs I also tried in IE and FF but neither retained the original text either so its probably not the browser.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Some sort of residual issues with duplicate posts- haven't seen multiple copies that some of the guys here have mentioned- but duplicates aplenty.

Some sort of residual issues with duplicate posts- haven't seen multiple copies that some of the guys here have mentioned- but duplicates aplenty.

I didn't quote any as I thought the posters might have noticed and gone back and deleted them but here is one example http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057696408 posts 8-13.

Assuming this is fixed but have been seeing a good few duplicates over the last few weeks not just today during maintenance.

Some of the duplicates are I am sure due to poor quality mbb connections where the posters device sends uploads the post looses connection and fails to get notified the post has been successful so when the connection comes back the device sends the post a second time. In those cases you can see the time stamps on the posts is a few minutes (or more) apart.

Im just after quoting this post, typed up a reply and when I hit the submit reply button my reply disappeared and the quoted post remained.

Similarly earlier today when replying to a couple of PMs the original message disappeared as soon as I hit the reply button. I had this issue in the past but don't think it was ever sorted. Im using IE btw and for replying to one of the PMs I also tried in IE and FF but neither retained the original text either so its probably not the browser.

Same bloody thing happened again when quoting another post and attempting to reply. I also noticed this message then appeared...."1. The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters"

• Advertisement

just to note that smileys have also gone off the menu when replying

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement