Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

muffler wrote: »
    Same bloody thing happened again when quoting another post and attempting to reply. I also noticed this message then appeared...."1. The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters"

Had that several times in the past and its been reported a few times but no one has ever got to the bottom of it. It might even be one of those local issues that a reboot sorts out :o:confused:

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hey guys, regarding the duplicate posts issue - that should have been resolved last night but let us know if you are still experiencing it today.

Regarding the text of PMs and posts going missing, this was brought up before and I know that the guys had been looking into it. Will see if they have any update.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

This isn't strictly a "what's wrong with the site" matter, but maybe someone here knows the answer....

Without having done any proper research on it, I've gradually noticed that boards slows down in the evening-time for me on Firefox, to the point where it just freezes and stops altogether occasionally (previous reported on this thread as I'd assumed it to be a problem with the site). It's happened again in the last five minutes, nothing will load on Boards in Firefox.

I've recently started opening Chrome instead when this happens (always seems to be in the evening time), and it works perfectly.

Anyone know why this would be? Why would one browser be noticeably slower than another?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Is search completely broken for anyone else? When I try to search for a particular word on a forum, it just refreshes the page.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Is search completely broken for anyone else? When I try to search for a particular word on a forum, it just refreshes the page.
    No problem here. On the full site and just searched "worlds" in Cycling and it worked fine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    This isn't strictly a "what's wrong with the site" matter, but maybe someone here knows the answer....

Without having done any proper research on it, I've gradually noticed that boards slows down in the evening-time for me on Firefox, to the point where it just freezes and stops altogether occasionally (previous reported on this thread as I'd assumed it to be a problem with the site). It's happened again in the last five minutes, nothing will load on Boards in Firefox.

I've recently started opening Chrome instead when this happens (always seems to be in the evening time), and it works perfectly.

Anyone know why this would be? Why would one browser be noticeably slower than another?

Further to this, I now can't open boards.ie on Firefox at all any more.

Anyone have any idea why this might be?

Works perfectly in chrome.

(If this isn't allowed - as it clearly isn't a site issue - please feel free to delete! But I'm just stumped as to why this has happened....)

Working fine for me in Firefox 51.0.1 :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Latest posts in Online TV not showing up properly. Click into the thread and the most recent ones don't show up.

Mac 10.12.3 and Firefox 51.0.1.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,629 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

After Hours forum homepage unavailable on Legacy site...just me?

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

osarusan wrote: »
    After Hours unavailable on Legacy site...just me?

There was an issue a few minutes ago, but all should be back to normal again. Sorry about that.

• Advertisement

No, still out.

I can get into individual threads (by clicking the link on the site homepage), but not onto the forum page (list of threads). Clicking on the link from the site homepage just redirects me back to the site homepage.

I can access if from the responsive site though.

Boards.ie Employee

osarusan wrote: »
    No, still out.

I can get into individual threads (by clicking the link on the site homepage), but not onto the forum page (list of threads). Clicking on the link from the site homepage just redirects me back to the site homepage.

I can access if from the responsive site though.

Hmmm, what browser and OS are you on?

Latest Firefox, and Windows 7 pro

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I'm seeing it too, Chrome and RHEL

Boards.ie Employee

Could ye try clearing the cache and see if that makes a difference. Can't get it to happen here myself.

Could ye try clearing the cache and see if that makes a difference. Can't get it to happen here myself.
    Thanks, that seems to have done the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Yep grand now. Must be a 301 being cached or something

• Registered Users Posts: 28,488 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Doubt this is a repeating problem, but will just mention in passing as it is one I haven't seen before.

Chrome and Windows 10.

Replied to a post but got 'Boards.ie notice. The (post could not be submitted)* because the token has expired. Please press the back button and (resubmit*).

Reply was gone. Note to self: select and Ctrl C before submitting replies.

* or words to that effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Is anyone else having an issue with youtube videos showing just a black box? Cleared my cache and that didn't help. Problem started about a week or so ago. Tried it on various Win10/IE11 machines and it's the same, so wonder if it's some update that that has caused the problem.

Working fine in Chrome.

Strangely if I add boards.ie to the compatibility list in IE11, the youtube videos play fine. However I'm left with the hideous boards.ie style from early 2000. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 46,103 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Just replied to a topic in the mods forum and the dialogue box just went empty as soon as I clicked submit and got yhe usual message about my post being too short i.e. needs to be more than 1 letter or whatever it was. Using IE and Im copying this before I post it as backup

Edit/ posted at the third attempt.

Its been quite some while since I raised the issue and not a cheep other than its being investigated. Helpful indeed.

• Advertisement

looksee wrote: »
    Doubt this is a repeating problem, but will just mention in passing as it is one I haven't seen before.

Chrome and Windows 10.

Replied to a post but got 'Boards.ie notice. The (post could not be submitted)* because the token has expired. Please press the back button and (resubmit*).

Reply was gone. Note to self: select and Ctrl C before submitting replies.

* or words to that effect.

Was it quite a long reply or at least did you have the page open for a long while before submitting? The 'Publish Post' page can time out if you take quite a while though I can't remember exactly how long. Very annoying if you've been working on a lengthy reply.

muffler wrote: »
    Just replied to a topic in the mods forum and the dialogue box just went empty as soon as I clicked submit and got yhe usual message about my post being too short i.e. needs to be more than 1 letter or whatever it was. Using IE and Im copying this before I post it as backup

Edit/ posted at the third attempt.

Its been quite some while since I raised the issue and not a cheep other than its being investigated. Helpful indeed.

Can you send the link to the thread/post please? Thanks.

Can you send the link to the thread/post please? Thanks.
    PM sent

Is anyone else having an issue with youtube videos showing just a black box? Cleared my cache and that didn't help. Problem started about a week or so ago. Tried it on various Win10/IE11 machines and it's the same, so wonder if it's some update that that has caused the problem.

Working fine in Chrome.

Strangely if I add boards.ie to the compatibility list in IE11, the youtube videos play fine. However I'm left with the hideous boards.ie style from early 2000. :/

I haven't heard of this one before (yet!) but we were able to recreate the issue here in IE. Unfortunately, IE is not being very helpful in giving info on the error so it may take another while to figure this one out.

Im having a few niggling issues. The screen grab will show a problem with a posters details in the post before mine. This occurred just after I had posted myself.

There are times when the smileys just don't work when clicked on. Some pages only partially load / display......maybe the top 20 - 30% of the page is visible and I have to refresh the page to get it to fully load.

On top of that is the issue as mentioned before about my posts disappearing at times and the content of a PM would vanish when I go to reply to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I tried a few machines tonight and I cannot seem to play any embedded youtube videos in Win10 / IE11. Checked a few other forums and seeing the same issue.

Strangely, I am not seeing any threads on the ms community relating to this issue.

Edit: youtube videos playing fine in that yoke of a browser "Edge" also. :eek:
    I haven't heard of this one before (yet!) but we were able to recreate the issue here in IE. Unfortunately, IE is not being very helpful in giving info on the error so it may take another while to figure this one out.

Boards.ie Employee

We're going to be pushing some bugfixes live in a few minutes, which may (ironically) result in a couple of 500 errors while things are restarting. Sorry about any inconvenience!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Keep getting 404s when I try to open this thread in AH. All other threads seem fine.

Chrome for Android.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/post/102553606

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

When I click on Followed Threads under my username I get brought to the Home Page. Never realised til now how often I use that feature, it's handy!

Browser Chrome, viewing the legacy site. I've cleared the cache

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,455 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

When I click on Followed Threads under my username I get brought to the Home Page. Never realised til now how often I use that feature, it's handy!

Had this problem yesterday, seems to be working on phone today, haven't tried laptop yet

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement