Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

The above errors may be linked to the bugfixes being rolled out. Even if you have already, would you mind clearing cache from the beginning of time (an option in Chrome, at least) please?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

The above errors may be linked to the bugfixes being rolled out. Even if you have already, would you mind clearing cache from the beginning of time (an option in Chrome, at least) please?

Working again, must have been linked to the roll out, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Didn't work for me. IIRC, I was having the same issue late last night/early this morning.

Boards.ie Employee

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Didn't work for me. IIRC, I was having the same issue late last night/early this morning.

Unfortunately 404s are still something that we're trying to quash. One workaround that we've found is to use incognito mode. Let me know if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,450 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Unfortunately 404s are still something that we're trying to quash. One workaround that we've found is to use incognito mode. Let me know if that helps.

incognito is working perfect, unfortunately theres still issues with normal mode. thank you.

• Advertisement

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    incognito is working perfect, unfortunately theres still issues with normal mode. thank you.

Ditto.

Seems to be sorted completely now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Embedded YouTube videos suddenly started working again this evening. Tested on a few machines and all good again. Was it some you guys did, or some update from MS/Youtube that fixed the problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

Having repeated requirements to captcha before posting tonite. Most not going through. Is this happening to anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,420 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Just lost another big post :(

Do I really have to copy every single post into my clipboard before posting, just in case boards crashes again, losing my post? Seriously?

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Embedded YouTube videos suddenly started working again this evening. Tested on a few machines and all good again. Was it some you guys did, or some update from MS/Youtube that fixed the problem?
    Rónán informs me that he did roll back an update yesterday evening from earlier in the week that had had some unintended affects - this may have included the YouTube issue :)
    B00! wrote: »
    Having repeated requirements to captcha before posting tonite. Most not going through. Is this happening to anyone else?

Are you posting from outside of Ireland? There may have been some problematic activity from your IP or from the country you are in which prompts Cloudflare to get you to fill in a captcha before entering the site. Once the threat has subsided you will see fewer captchas.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

unkel wrote: »
    Just lost another big post :(

Do I really have to copy every single post into my clipboard before posting, just in case boards crashes again, losing my post? Seriously?
    I feel your pain. That's been happening with me also.

muffler wrote: »
    I feel your pain. That's been happening with me also.

another problem im also having from time to time

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,726 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I just came across an issue when I went to quote and reply in the "advanced" section - hit post and got a "Boards.ie is unable to handle your request" or something along those lines.

Boards.ie Employee

I just came across an issue when I went to quote and reply in the "advanced" section - hit post and got a "Boards.ie is unable to handle your request" or something along those lines.

Quoting to see if I can replicate this - Edit: Yes, this happened to me too.

Muffler, Wanderer78, hullaballoo, B00!, and unkel - even if you've provided this info in the past, could you let me know OS, browser, and version of the site you're using.

Just so I have it all in the same place for easy reference. Thanks!

Boards.ie Employee

Seems to happen on and off...If it happens to you before me, could you grab a screenshot please?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,726 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Muffler, Wanderer78, hullaballoo, B00!, and unkel - even if you've provided this info in the past, could you let me know OS, browser, and version of the site you're using.

OS is Windows 7 Pro. Browser is Chrome Version 55.0.2883.87. On the legacy site.

win 10
    chrome (incognito working perfectly but still issues with normal mode)
    legacy

thank you

Boards.ie Employee

On the 500 error when quoting, it was traced back to something that went wrong on a deploy on one webnode, which is why it happened sometimes and not others. This node has been pulled from the lineup for the moment, so it shouldn't happen.

Still looking into the issue that's causing posts to be lost in their entirety.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭KyussBeeshop

For those losing large posts, install the Lazarus plugin - which will prevent you ever losing anything typed into your browser:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/lazarus-form-recovery/

There's a Chrome version too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Melodeon

^
    |
    |
    I was going to post this as I was reading through recent posts in this thread!
    Here's the Chrome version:
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/lazarus-form-recovery/loljledaigphbcpfhfmgopdkppkifgno?hl=en

This has saved me a lot of anguish and wailing and gnashing of teeth on many browser forms over the last few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

Rónán informs me that he did roll back an update yesterday evening from earlier in the week that had had some unintended affects - this may have included the YouTube issue :)

Are you posting from outside of Ireland? There may have been some problematic activity from your IP or from the country you are in which prompts Cloudflare to get you to fill in a captcha before entering the site. Once the threat has subsided you will see fewer captchas.

Thanks Niamh.
    :) I was already on the site - but posting would kick me out repeatedly. ie: in a one minute interval after clicking 'post reply', it required I fill-in more than 5 captchas, and still went to a blank screen afterwards. Thanks though, good to know. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,420 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

unkel - even if you've provided this info in the past, could you let me know OS, browser, and version of the site you're using.

W10 Pro X64 14393.693, Chrome 56.0.2924.87, legacy site

Windows 7, IE, Legacy.

Re: the other issue of the content of PMs disappearing when I go to reply to them. Niamh can testify to this one - tried to reply to her PM yesterday using both IE and FF and both dropped the text of her incoming PM to me when I went to type a reply.

She was just looking for my number to ask me out for a drink :p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Windows 7, IE, Legacy.

Re: the other issue of the content of PMs disappearing when I go to reply to them. Niamh can testify to this one - tried to reply to her PM yesterday using both IE and FF and both dropped the text of her incoming PM to me when I went to type a reply.

Actually, now that I think of it, that's been happening to me, too, but only when replying to one, maybe two people, not with everyone. It's as if the quoted text didn't appear in the reply box. The original message is still in the inbox, though.

That was on Firefox, Windows XP, Legacy site.

Boards.ie Employee

There's a possibility (hopefully) that the blank PMs may have been linked to the webnode issue. Please let us know if it happens again though; it's something we'll be keeping an eye out for.

Also, is there anything in particular that seems to result in it? e.g. Previewing message before sending? And by any chance do ye know how long after the page was loaded did ye submit the message (roughly)?

There's a possibility (hopefully) that the blank PMs may have been linked to the webnode issue. Please let us know if it happens again though; it's something we'll be keeping an eye out for.

Also, is there anything in particular that seems to result in it? e.g. Previewing message before sending? And by any chance do ye know how long after the page was loaded did ye submit the message (roughly)?
    When I get PM's (some are short, some are longish) but recently I got a couple of very short ones and I click to read which then takes maybe 20 or 30 seconds. The problem then arises when I click on the reply button/tab - all text in the PM I am about to reply to disappears. I don't even get as far as typing in a single word.

As I posted earlier when I seen this happening with IE I switched to Firefox and the same thing happened again.

A couple of weeks ago I had 2 PMs to read (from different people) and reply to and one worked fine yet the other just dropped the original incoming text as described above. Its a bit erratic.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Windows 7, IE, Legacy.

She was just looking for my number to ask me out for a drink :p

This is news to me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

What's the story with trying to use the "talk to" forums when using an android phone?

I use legacy site, on my phone (Full site, not mobile) most of the time when browsing, I wanted to post on the Vodafone forum this evening, but the keyboard is randomly deleting words and jumping about the place.

Hard to explain, but if any one using an android (using Swype keyboard) would like to head over to any of the "talk to" forums they'll see what I mean.

It's really frustrating. I will now have to charge the laptop and use it instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Just tried it there Alf - full site on android using Chrome - swipe keyboard worked a dream except for as usual inserting nonsense.

Maybe note what version of android you're using as well as browser and version for the dev team to review on Monday?

Cheers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement