Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

Am I the only one not getting notifications of new posts?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Big Nasty wrote: »
    It'll get fixed soon enough. Get over yourselves lads.

Didn't people say this two weeks ago?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It's grand lads. Life is short. Let's not get our knickers in a twist over a slight hiccup in an otherwise stellar resource that's been going for close to 20 years now. Those will happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

It's grand lads. Life is short. Let's not get our knickers in a twist over a slight hiccup in an otherwise stellar resource that's been going for close to 20 years now. Those will happen.
    A slight hiccup that's being going on for 2 weeks now.

A bigger pain is the fact that these threads seem to become an audition for wannabe moderators.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Nib wrote: »
    A bigger pain is the fact that these threads seem to become an audition for wannabe moderators.
    But when they hear there's actual work involved, it turns into: "That would be an ecumenical matter".

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Currently, for me, the site seems to be slow at loading avatars, so for now I've went into the CP and disbaled avatars and sigs. Pages loading a bit quicker anyway, without the constant loading spinner thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler

OSI wrote: »
    Dav posted something earlier with this:
    been battling DDoS and hardware failure
    I thought it was man flu he had :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

byte wrote: »
    Currently, for me, the site seems to be slow at loading avatars, so for now I've went into the CP and disbaled avatars and sigs. Pages loading a bit quicker anyway, without the constant loading spinner thing.

Aye I've done the same, definitely loading quicker but still doesn't finish

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Seriously...

3v3rmo.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

muffler wrote: »
    I thought it was man flu he had :pac:

Ah, it was probably just a bug... or a virus at worst. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Seriously...

3v3rmo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,252 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Pages seem to load 95% and then says "waiting for avatar.b-static.net" (or tpc.googlesyndication.com), I'd guess lots of open requests to the site, would imagine servers are getting bogged down if stuff not getting completed or timing out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

just pay the ruskies per their demands ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

When I post a thread it hangs there for ages and then posts twice. So I then have to delete one of my posts! But delete hangs there for ages too. This is only on the full site, not the touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

And as soon as I write that post it stops posting twice...typical!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

If it was an animal it would be put down by now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The silence from the admins is a bit worrying. I have a feeling this is like a car which the owner has got frustrated and bored with as one little issues piles on top of another.

For sale - sold as seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,365 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Site is slow to load or do anything again, another DDoS?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The silence from the admins is a bit worrying. I have a feeling this is like a car which the owner has got frustrated and bored with as one little issues piles on top of another.

For sale - sold as seen.

Hi, Admin here.

Let's cut down on the hyperbole please.

Yes, there are problems.
    No, I don't know when they'll be fixed.

I'm as frustrated as you are.

I'm sorry that the site is having trouble, but it is what it is.
    Hopefully we'll have an update from HQ on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Hmm... I don't want to jinx it, but it seems OK now.
    Pages are now fully loading for me.

What about everyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

Mr E wrote: »
    Hi, Admin here.

Let's cut down on the hyperbole please.

Yes, there are problems.
    No, I don't know when they'll be fixed.

I'm as frustrated as you are.

I'm sorry that the site is having trouble, but it is what it is.
    Hopefully we'll have an update from HQ on Monday.

If this was posted a few days ago it would cut out all the questions/ complaining people are doing.
    You need to keep people informed ever if there is very little to update or we will have 17 more pages of nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

At the moment its all Tickety-Boo

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Pink Fairy wrote: »
    At the moment its all Tickety-Boo

Now it is. 30 mins ago it was ****ed again

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

naughto wrote: »
    If this was posted a few days ago it would cut out all the questions/ complaining people are doing.
    You need to keep people informed ever if there is very little to update or we will have 17 more pages of nothing

But Mr E doesn't know any more than you do. He's an admin. The admins don't deal with this stuff. It's one for the staff to deal with.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Yes, the pages are loading ok for me too, and so is posting, no more duplicates - thanks for that.

I don't know if it's of any help, but the search function is still a bit off, it's only returning posts from 3 days ago, and the 'thanks' counter is off too.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I keep getting an error opening some threads on the touch site saying "Safari cannot open the site as too many redirects occured". Is anyone else getting this or is it just a problem with my phone? Not getting it on any other websites, and I've cleared my cache too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

I wasn't able to log in from another device overnight but seems to be working well right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I couldn't log into Boards for most of yesterday evening, nothing worked in any browser or on my desktop & phone ect. When I did manage to get in briefly, I couldn't see the post button, quote button or the thanks button, which effectively rendered my logging in completely pointless :(. Now I like to log into Boards to distress and for a bit a fun, but for the past three weeks this site is becoming a serious pain in the ass. But it's the unpaid Mods I feel for, because I really don't know how they can do their job on this site properly, especially when they're facing the same crap us regular users are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Seriously what is wrong with the site? Whatever is going wrong needs to be fixed. Most of yesterday I couldn't log on. No information about the down time again. What are Boards.ie paying people for?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

It's a bit shítty that in the first post of this thread, a couple of weeks back, Dav admitted they'd dropped the ball in terms of communication. Grand, this stuff happens. But there's been feck all communication since, which kind of dampens the original apology.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement