Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Can't post in the brexit referendum super thread in the main politics forum. Tried on the touch, responsive and legacy sites. Still getting the notification to say there's unread posts too.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Looking at frontpage last post was 13:14

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Site messed up for me ATM.

Pages being listed which can't be accessed, read posts being marked as unread, last post being listed as 30 minutes ago, etc.

Something seems to have gone wrong at about 13.15.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's back. I can now see posts again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

biko wrote:
    Looking at frontpage last post was 13:14

Had that for half hour on touch. Back at 13.45

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,528 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I cant see any new posts of mine - Google Chrome

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Sorry about that, the lads are working on this issue of being unable to read new posts, etc. at the moment. It's not thread (or user!) specific but things should be back to normal shortly. We'll update you here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Seem to be working again. I had to go in and delete 4 duplicate posts I'd made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Boards.ie: Ronan

Apologies, around 1.15 today our database replication fell over, causing a multitude of issues. Replication has now been put right and things should be returning to normal once more.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

No threads showing in the Sky talk to forum. Using chrome, legacy site and W7 btw

• Advertisement

I just did a random click through on 3 or 4 talk to forums and nothing being displayed in any of them. Dont think these people will be happy

One of the database slaves is having issues syncing up at the moment which is more than likely causing this issue muffler. Ronan is on the case here, he should have things back to normal shortly.

Thank God for that ... thought I was going mad :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,446 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

All my followed forums are just giving me the page numbers but no threads at the moment. Probably part of the same problem.

All my followed forums are just giving me the page numbers but no threads at the moment. Probably part of the same problem.

More than likely the same thing. It should all be back to normal now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,423 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

At the moment when I try to reply to a private message I'm being brought to a security page where I have to click on 'I'm not a robot' and then pick out the correct pictures and then I'm directed to a blank page. It's very frustrating, I cannot answer private messages.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

eagle eye wrote: »
    At the moment when I try to reply to a private message I'm being brought to a security page where I have to click on 'I'm not a robot' and then pick out the correct pictures and then I'm directed to a blank page. It's very frustrating, I cannot answer private messages.

Sounds annoying, sorry about that! What OS and browser are you using? And what version of the site are you on?

Sounds annoying, sorry about that! What OS and browser are you using? And what version of the site are you on?
    It's on the laptop, windows 10 and using mozilla.

Boards.ie Employee

eagle eye wrote: »
    It's on the laptop, using mozilla.

Are you on Responsive Site or Legacy? If you scroll to the bottom of the page, you should see either Responsive Site or Legacy Site in the footer - which do you see?

Are you on Responsive Site or Legacy? If you scroll to the bottom of the page, you should see either Responsive Site or Legacy Site in the footer - which do you see?
    I don't see either written anywhere at the bottom.

• Advertisement
    Boards.ie Employee

Can you take a screenshot of the main Boards.ie page please?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,420 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Thats a known issue with the new post editor. A fix is in the pipeline.

And here we are nearly 2 weeks later, still no fix in sight? Every page you look on boards and it has a few of those messed up signs. Which makes the site look very unprofessional

Can there not be a temp fix installed in the form of a trigger or something to watch out for these buggers and replace them with the correct symbol?

Boards.ie Employee

unkel wrote: »
    And here we are nearly 2 weeks later, still no fix in sight? Every page you look on boards and it has a few of those messed up signs. Which makes the site look very unprofessional

Can there not be a temp fix installed in the form of a trigger or something to watch out for these buggers and replace them with the correct symbol?

Sorry for the delay. A fix was rolled out in the last little while, so characters and € symbols should be back to normal. Unfortunately it doesn't rollback, so affected posts will still look wonky, but at least it should be fine from here on out.

Testing €€€

It's fixed :D

Surely some sort of find & replace is doable or is there more to it than that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

But is it fixed in quotes?
    unkel wrote: »
    Testing €€€

Edit> good to see it is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,446 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Testing emojis:

😀 😂 😎

Edit: 😣 aka Sad Face.

Testing fadas:

Capitalised: ÁÉÍÓÚ
    Small: áéíóú

• Advertisement

Testing fadas:

Capitalised: ÁÉÍÓÚ
    Small: áéíóú

Tá siad ag obair arís. Beir bua, Boards.ie!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement