Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,664 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Follow up - testing using full reply mode.

° ° °

Fine.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Whoops, sorry, thought I'd replied about the scroll bar...but I have no update for ye at the moment.

joujoujou, accented characters are borked at the moment. Hoping to have a fix in place soon, but unlikely to be this week. I know how much of a pain it is so hoping to have it sorted in the not too distant future.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,664 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

No problem, take your time. :)

It is (a bit) annoying alright, but nothing really I couldn't live without. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,365 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

So, Chrome now flags boards.ie as being dangerous:

hLQKdUz.png

Boards.ie Employee

Vicxas wrote: »
    So, Chrome now flags boards.ie as being dangerous:

hLQKdUz.png

Is this happening on all pages? How many posts per page do you have your profile set to? It may be something on that particular page - but if you're on a different posts per page to me and others in the office it will be trickier to track down.

All fine for me

• Advertisement

Is this happening on all pages? How many posts per page do you have your profile set to? It may be something on that particular page - but if you're on a different posts per page to me and others in the office it will be trickier to track down.

All fine for me

Have it set to 40 per page, and i'm seeing it everywhere. Soccer, Motors and After Hours.

Boards.ie Employee

Vicxas wrote: »
    Have it set to 40 per page, and i'm seeing it everywhere. Soccer, Motors and After Hours.

What OS and version of Chrome are you using?

Windows 7 and Chrome 58.0.3029.96 (64-bit)

Boards.ie Employee

Any chance you could PM me a copy of what Chrome says if you click on the dangerous marker, please?

Google's Safe Browsing Site Status is showing: "No unsafe content found," so if you could send the above it might help us work out what's happening

Boards.ie Employee

Some networking services on the loadbalancers need a restart, so you might see some 500 errors while things are being restarted. Sorry for any inconvenience!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Was getting this about 40 mins ago.....Error 502 Ray ID: 360e941f17f12957 • 2017-05-18 11:46:54 UTC
    Bad gateway

www.boards.ie
    Host
    Error

Boards.ie Employee

Getting word from the tech guys that there's an issue with logging in. Word has been sent to a service provider to reboot some machines, but they may be on lunch, which will cause a delay. Sorry if you're currently logged out and reading this!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Finding it very hard to post, pages just not loading.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

I'm logged in with no problems, but I'm finding the site really slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

I'm logged in with no problems, but I'm finding the site really slow.

I just tried posting that, and it disappeared into the ether while the little blue wheel was spinning.

So my first post didn't disappear. It just took a while to load, and only made an appearance after I posted the second one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

As above. Running like it's the 90's.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

All good again for me anyhow

Boards.ie Employee

Everything should be back to normal now! Sorry about that all!

Boards.ie Employee

One of those days. An issue with the nodes cropped up making everything slow to load / a nonstarter. Hoping that we get things running smoothly again promptly!

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭carolmon

Whoops, sorry, thought I'd replied about the scroll bar...but I have no update for ye at the moment.

is it being looked at?

• Advertisement
    Boards.ie Employee

carolmon wrote: »
    is it being looked at?

Hoping that this can be bumped up the queue next week.

I know it's annoying! There's a workaround in the meantime, but it requires zooming out (CTRL -); not ideal as you've to zoom in again to read / browse or you may find yourself squinting at the screen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Any chance of fixing the editor in the Talk to forums. I keep getting extra characters like ? and an apostrophe gets turned into ?€™

Boards.ie Employee

my3cents wrote: »
    Any chance of fixing the editor in the Talk to forums. I keep getting extra characters like ? and an apostrophe gets turned into ?€™

Hoping to roll out a fix soon (not today). It became more complicated than first expected.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Three things just happened.

1. I tried to post something, but the system returned a completely blank page.
    2. I got this error when I tried to search for my posts, and also when I tried to go to my User CP.

503 Unfortunately the backend returned an error and could not fulfill this request. Please try again or return to the homepage.
    Boards.ie @boards.ie

3. The cloudflare message thingy is back.

Vivaldi 1.9.818.49 (Stable channel) (32-bit)
    Revision 67716ff62f654eb92d8fc3c533d9b8fdc664c04e
    OS Windows 7

• Registered Users Posts: 10,446 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I keep getting a pop up saying that there are problems with the security certificate of the site. Using Touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

503 Unfortunately the backend returned an error and could not fulfill this request. Please try again or return to the homepage.
    Boards.ie @boards.ie

Also happened to me once (the legacy skin).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I keep getting IP-banned every few minutes.

Boards.ie Employee

Could ye try again and see if there are still issues please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭Slideways

I keep getting this notice

417813.PNG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Any idea when these issues will be resolved? gone beyond a joke now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement