Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Cloudflare error 502 - bad gateway error

Firefox 52.1, W10Pro, ISP Vodafone Portugal

No problem at all coming in by VPN'ing via home (Virgin Media Ballincollig (not sure why its coming up as this- but hey, it works))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Hi, Whats happened to the borders in the forums. They are ok in the dark mode but the default mode they are gone.
    I just realised I cant even attach a file to show an example of what i mean.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi, Whats happened to the borders in the forums. They are ok in the dark mode but the default mode they are gone.
    I just realised I cant even attach a file to show an example of what i mean.

Are you in forum view when this happens? Does it also occur in thread view?

Have you tried going through the usual tests / fixes - clearing cache, incognito mode and/or a different browser? What OS and browser are you currently using?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Are you in forum view when this happens? Does it also occur in thread view?

Have you tried going through the usual tests / fixes - clearing cache, incognito mode and/or a different browser? What OS and browser are you currently using?

Hi Mark. Apologies I should of done the various tests outlined on Page 1. I conducted these tests now however and can gladly report that I have all the functions back. Thanks for your help

Boards.ie Employee

Hi Mark. Apologies I should of done the various tests outlined on Page 1. I conducted these tests now however and can gladly report that I have all the functions back. Thanks for your help

That was easy :D Glad to hear everything's working now!

• Advertisement
    Boards.ie Employee

Just a heads up that some maintenance will be performed in the early hours of the morning, so there might be some disruption between 5am and 9am. Hopefully nothing too major and fully operational to help you get through the work day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

503s and several seconds of cloudfare checking delays on first arrival to site all over the place yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Thelomen Toblackai

I'm getting Setanta ads popping up on the mobile site. I thought first I had accidentally clicked an ad but there's no Setanta ads on the page and it's popped up a few times.

Boards.ie Employee

I'm getting Setanta ads popping up on the mobile site. I thought first I had accidentally clicked an ad but there's no Setanta ads on the page and it's popped up a few times.

Is this happening on any particular thread / page? What URL does it direct you to?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

All thread links in on the touch site... such as touch.boards.ie/myforums return a 404. Incredibly annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Boards.ie: Ronan

All thread links in on the touch site... such as touch.boards.ie/myforums return a 404. Incredibly annoying.

Clearing cookies will sort that.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,522 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

503 error logging in Google Chrome

Boards.ie Employee

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    503 error logging in Google Chrome

Is this still happening this morning?

Is this still happening this morning?

No was able to log in fine now

Boards.ie Employee

If you've been having issues with the scroll bar not being available in the dropdown menu we've implemented a fix. If it doesn't show for you, please clear your cache.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Thanks Mark, it's working for me now.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

New Home wrote: »
    Thanks Mark, it's working for me now.

Just got an e-mail linked to this post (above) from 2017, a moment ago........ Gives snailmail an entirely new meaning.

Old pages showing up first still and search very slow when working as site is extremely slow too

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

If it's of any use to you, folks, someone suggested to clear the cache and to log in again. It's worked quite well for a number of users (myself included), but the issue with the invisible/disappearing attachments still remains. The search function is still unstable, too, but the speed of the rest of the site has improved dramatically. Worth a shot.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Things should be more stable today but if you do notice anything out of the ordinary today, please let us know.

• Advertisement

Just got an e-mail linked to this post (above) from 2017, a moment ago........ Gives snailmail an entirely new meaning.

Was this a notification email that there was a new post in the thread?! Have you received any others since?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,341 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Things should be more stable today but if you do notice anything out of the ordinary today, please let us know.

What was the issue?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Loads of emails for thread notifications pouring in over the last hour or two, all from old notifications that should have went out over the past few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

CramCycle wrote: »
    Loads of emails for thread notifications pouring in over the last hour or two, all from old notifications that should have went out over the past few days.
    Same as that. I just logged in half an hour ago and the average amount of notifications would be about 10 -15 but I had almost 30.

Looks as if An Post were delivering them as they were a few days late :pac:

It's working fast today but old pages still showing up first even when refresh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Cleared my cache and still getting 12 year old posts.
    Getting ridiculous at this stage... Any update Niamh?

No update on the old posts issue I'm afraid, we're working on keeping the site up and at a regular speed first. When we have an update we will let everyone know. Sorry for the inconvenience and irritation.

The old posts issue should be fixed now - it's temporary fix for the moment so may come back at a later stage. In the meantime, we're working on a more permanent fix for it.

503 error when searching

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,721 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    503 error when searching

Yes, it was fixed now back to 503 again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement