Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

It was appalling tonight. I wonder was it cos the football was back....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Seems a bit better now

Seems a bit better now

It does and the matches are over ....

km79 wrote: »
    You sure it wasn't just your local ISP being loaded rather than the boards site itself.
    No issues noticed here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭antimatterx

km79 wrote: »

Same. I could stream Netflix with no issues, but the I couldn't load threads/forums without a time delay.

• Advertisement

I wrote 13 lines of JS for them that fixed the search functionality so that it remembered the forum / user / thread of the current search instead of it being a brand new search when you changed the search term.. And that was too much to get added. Don't think they're going to do a full rebuild.

I'd be perfectly happy if they just migrated over to Discourse. Other sites I'm on use it and it's great.

Thats an awful shame.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Sorry about the slowness reported last night, I'd imagine it was traffic-related due to soccer as well as regular traffic - the soccer forum had more than double their usual traffic last night. Please keep us posted on any other issues, we're doing our best to keep up with the critical issues but most other things are taking a back seat at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,514 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Anyone still having issues with search?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Anyone still having issues with search?

from the touch app on the phone it fails to load the first page of results about half the time, and fails to handle going to a second page or beyond of results maybe three quarters of the time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭This is it

Touch is taking 30-40 seconds at times to load various pages, including this thread. Seems intermittent. Not sure if it's just me but any other site I browse is fine

• Advertisement

database errors and 404 errors are now pretty constant when adding a post from touch site on android

• Registered Users Posts: 17,054 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

404s when trying to open threads and the time travelling has returned. It can take several refreshes to get to current pages.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

404s when trying to open threads and the time travelling has returned. It can take several refreshes to get to current pages.

Are you also using the touch site?

Hey Mark, Is there any chance of getting the responsive site back? I miss it.

Boards.ie Employee

Hey Mark, Is there any chance of getting the responsive site back? I miss it.

Thanks for your feedback. I'm afraid I don't see the Responsive Site making a comeback. The usage was quite small and it was causing some technical issues for users. There is also the consideration of maintenance, etc.

Thanks for your feedback. I'm afraid I don't see the Responsive Site making a comeback. The usage was quite small and it was causing some technical issues for users. There is also the consideration of maintenance, etc.

Thats unfortunate, but I understand why. Thanks for the reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

The old threads issue is back on the touch site ☹️

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Pacifico wrote: »
    The old threads issue is back on the touch site ☹️

Seems to be resurrected on the regular site too- I've just encountered a few interesting threads from 2004 and 2006.........

Yeah, I'm getting 16 year old threads on the touch site. Takes a few refreshes to get going again. Getting the boards page not found message more often too and the intermittent slow load times of 30-40s is still there

Boards.ie Employee

Normal service should hopefully be restored now. Sorry about the disruption.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,054 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Yes, sorry I should have included that.

Hi km79,

Did you receive any unexpected and unwanted email notifications?

It’s happening again
    Every time I post on a thread it seems to reset notification from “none” to “daily “
    It’s really annoying now

Boards.ie Employee

Hi km79,

From what I can see, your current preference setting is Daily email notification. Could you go to your User Control Panel (https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/profile.php?do=editoptions) and to the heading "Default Thread Subscription Mode". Please ensure that this is set to No email notification and scroll down and click the button that saves Save Changes.

Hi km79,

From what I can see, your current preference setting is Daily email notification. Could you go to your User Control Panel (https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/profile.php?do=editoptions) and to the heading "Default Thread Subscription Mode". Please ensure that this is set to No email notification and scroll down and click the button that saves Save Changes.

Thanks I will try that

Still getting 404s on touch site with some threads. If I refresh or access via the parent forum they work sometimes

Boards.ie Employee

Hi This is it,

Are you noticing that it's the same threads that causes this or does it vary? And how are you accessing these threads initially when the 404 occurs - is there a common path? If you'd prefer to share via PM, fire ahead.

Hi This is it,

Are you noticing that it's the same threads that causes this or does it vary? And how are you accessing these threads initially when the 404 occurs - is there a common path? If you'd prefer to share via PM, fire ahead.

Usually via the My Threads link which I've bookmarked. Sometimes I'll.go to the parent forum and access via there but that doesn't always work either. This was happening every second thread a few months ago so it's way down compared to what it was, but still happens occasionally.

I haven't noticed if it's specific threads but I'll keep that in mind for future reference and I'll update here, thanks.

Boards.ie Employee

I can't seem to replicate this I'm afraid. But I will keep an eye out for other reports (one other person has been onto me, so you're not alone in experiencing this), issues highlighted in the logs, or odd behaviour.

• Advertisement

Another

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/post/113837961

I'm not sure if you want me to keep posting these?

Edit: This happened from the my threads page on touch and also when clicking the link in this post when I click.after posting

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement