Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

I was hoping that it might be a standard issue related to these threads for whatever reason, but it seems to be a random occurrence unfortunately. Thanks for the added information but doesn't seem to be thread specific.

periodically, when clicking into threads i follow, they all just go to 404

the only way around is to find each thread in its own forum, unfollow and follow again

also- clicking on "one minute ago" etc link that used to bring you directly to the last post in a thread has started behaving quite strangely- sometimes works, sometimes refreshes page, sometimes brings you to a forum.

all touch site on android

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭This is it

periodically, when clicking into threads i follow, they all just go to 404

the only way around is to find each thread in its own forum, unfollow and follow again

also- clicking on "one minute ago" etc link that used to bring you directly to the last post in a thread has started behaving quite strangely- sometimes works, sometimes refreshes page, sometimes brings you to a forum.

all touch site on android

I get that refresh issue too, when clicking on last post

And now I'm getting data base issues when I submit a post but it stills goes through

Anyone else getting these errors?

• Advertisement

yep, every now and again with a new post

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Yes, got my first one for a few weeks earlier when replying to a thread on touch site..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Got one just now. Site is sticky on touch.boards

The entire site was down for I'd say six hours through the night and is still giving MySQL too many connections errors on mobile when I try to view a thread.

MySQL isn't that hard to set up right. Is there anything at all that will done about it I wonder.. Even one change to my.cnf?

Can't see specific threads on the touch site, SQL errors

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

Yeah I'm getting them too on touch site. Logged in or not.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I swear it must be the owner's 14-year-old nephew running this place

My 10 year old is proficient with MySQL- and it pays the bills for my little wifey and I.

However- the fact that the busiest site in Ireland has managed to keep up with demand over the past 19 weeks- with only occasional hiccups, does have to be applauded.

Give the guys a break- the downtime, while unscheduled, was late at night on a Saturday night- when most normal people were either pissed or asleap.

If I were to have unscheduled downtime- I'd very happily settle for a similar outage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Boards was down today all day (so night time in Ireland( and the same the day before. Being the weekend and it coming back during Ireland day time I assumed it was planned maintenance of some sort.

Planned downtime should have a notice up.. Not a cloudflare notice saying the site is down.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

touch site is borked again today

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

We had another spam attack overnight and I suspect Cloudfare kicked in.

The Office/Developers will hopefully be able to confirm/explain when they are back tomorrow (although one of the Developers does seem to keep his eye on things in out of office hours and may chip in before that)

Planned downtime should have a notice up.. Not a cloudflare notice saying the site is down.

Relax...

This is it wrote: »
    Relax...

This is the forum to talk about it. I'm not ranting about this in real life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

Beasty wrote: »
    We had another spam attack overnight and I suspect Cloudfare kicked in.

The Office/Developers will hopefully be able to confirm/explain when they are back tomorrow (although one of the Developers does seem to keep his eye on things in out of office hours and may chip in before that)

Down totally for a while there nothing to do with Cloudflare just the 503 screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,091 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

This is it wrote: »
    Relax...

He was he was just rationalizing how it probably wasn’t downtime. And it wasn’t. Kinda assumed spam given recent announcements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,514 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

intermittent 503s all day

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

503s all day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Still getting 503s - this is the first time I've been able to get on at all today.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,365 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

503's and SQL errors all morning

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Sorry for the disruption over the weekend everyone. The dev team will be investigating the cause, but hopefully things are back to normal again. There may, however, be some gremlins lurking that may cause some disruption as they get ironed out. Sorry about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Tork

I'm getting an error on the touch site

An exception occured in driver: SQLSTATE[08004] [1040] Too many connections

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Is the touch site being discontinued or something?

Are the issues only happening on touch site? I only ever change my phone to full site if I’m adding an image. Screen too small to view properly otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Tork

Yeah, it's just on the Touch site. The full site is working fine on my phone. I cleared my browser's cache, just in case that was a problem but that made no difference. I got a database error when I tried to log back in but it let me in anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement